Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Remove forced 50% winrate

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaladreips View Post
    [...]
    Quoting with ">>" for brevity.

>> Define mathematical function that would calculate how strong is the team. It cannot be linear. 5 players with 2000 elo should be stronger than 2 players at 3500 elo with 3 at 1000 elo.
    Indeed. But you should also consider, at this point, that I can be 2000 elo with Ying and just 1200 with Shalin. Since team elo is evaluated only on your account elo (because you pick AFTER the teams have been created), this process already shows a problem.

>> Attempt to form as many teams as possible with lowest standard deviation possible.
    "Standard deviation" here is not the correct term, since it is referred to the casual error and here we are speaking with the "physical quantity" and not its error, let's say "spread".
    The problem, here, is that the system KNOWS that a team has more chance to win than the other. In some games, you get 6 elo points, in others, 26. Why? Because the system already knows who is probably going to win, so, by definition, the teams are not created with the purpose of the smaller possible spread.

>> Try to match them up minimizing teams' value difference in each match up.
    And we all know that this isn't true. I've seen just yesterday 100% solo games greatly imbalanced that would have been perfect if the system would have exchanged a person in team A with a person in team B. So, why the MM hadn't done that?

>> After each iteration constraints are released for you and after 10 minutes of waiting you will play with people 1k higher elo than you because there is nothing else to do with you.
    One would think that, the longer you wait, the better MM you'll get. Instead, everyone can assure you that you should re-queue after a minute, in order to get a better MM.

By the way: I play at peak hours. Just for saying, lately, that school ended and we have tons of children at home with too much free time, MM is WORSE THAN EVER. And I know the fault is of children, because unfortunately, I HEAR THEM while playing T_T (right before muting). You would say: the more players, the better MM, and instead...
    MM is forcing people below level 30 in higher level games, but only on one side (see for reference the [in]famous game by Bugzy). Why? And I am still not taking parties into consideration.

All my analysis is referred to Casual, since I almost play only that. And you know, Casual has more players than Ranked. The only way to explain this, is allowing a forced 50% W/L rate to exist. Experimented again on myself in the latest weekend. :-/
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look here! Some useful answers.

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    It's not forced, when you play with people of equal skill it will happen.

RIP
    Skill based Evie
    -Cause of death-
    Hirez removed her blink bonus damage and buffed her projectile speed

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Sigh. T_T
    Please, read from the start: the point is exactly that WE ARE NOT PLAYING WITH AND AGAINST PEOPLE OF EQUAL SKILL. If you're on a winning streak, you will find newbies (level below 30) in your team against full diamond composition and vice-versa. This is what people are complaining on.
    I've finally found it!

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Sigh. T_T
    Please, read from the start: the point is exactly that WE ARE NOT PLAYING WITH AND AGAINST PEOPLE OF EQUAL SKILL. If you're on a winning streak, you will find newbies (level below 30) in your team against full diamond composition and vice-versa. This is what people are complaining on.
    Exactly, many people just do not realise its real. About the kids thing you said in an earlier post is true but not all of us are like that. We who want to actually play the game and win get harassed for talking in voice chat.
    My voice is actually quite low but you can still hear i am a kid .

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KusiKissa View Post
    About the kids thing you said in an earlier post is true but not all of us are like that. We who want to actually play the game and win get harassed for talking in voice chat.
    My voice is actually quite low but you can still hear i am a kid .
    Yeah, I know "they're not all the same", I was just speaking out of frustration. I really had a very bad 3-days gaming, lately, all due to some very young players creating a fuss for nothing.
    I've finally found it!