Thread: Team Overlight - Recruiting/Forming (PC-EU)

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points

Team Overlight - Recruiting/Forming (PC-EU)

Hey there Paladins communinity,

As an avid player, I have been playing this game for some time now and im looking to play competitively. I am looking to form a team to do this. The name I thought of myself for the team would be Overlight, but that is not set in stone. If you join, we would start with getting acquainted and then start from a place between ranked friends and comptitively teamplaying. We would strive to achieve the latter. (Team is merely just forming of course) and with that maybe even participate in qualifiers.

My name is DraccerX, though I sometimes use just Draccer (for forums, etc).
    I have a ~4200 competitive rating and an ELO of 2100 (Check PaladinsGuru if you are not familiar with this). My honest actual estimate of my skill level would be 4500-5000 CR as of right now (and I look forward to improving that with you guys), but due to inconsistent teammates (I mostly SoloQ), I can barely climb the rankings.

Would you like to start a team with me? See the text below.

For your application I need:

Your (first) Name:
    (for when we want to addres you as an IRL person and not a player)
    Team Name (TeamName [your name]):
    Birthdate (dd/mm/yy):
    Discord and/or Teamspeak:
    Paladins Account Level:
    Competitive Rating:
    ELO (You can find this on PaladinsGuru):
    Champions you can play as/roles you fulfill:
    Strenghts and weaknesses:
    (respond honestly please, I will find out anyway)
    Motivation:
    URL of picture wanted in logo (imgur, etc.):

How to know if this is right for you:
    - Do you feel as though you probably would be quite a higher rank, but due to inconsistent random teammates, you are stuck?
    - Do you have situational awareness, but for example find that your teammates don't listen to your calls?
    - Do you feel stuck at your ranking and are looking to go above and beyond?
    - Are you looking for, not only teammates, but friends to play with?
    - Do you wish to compete with a team against other teams competitively?
    If you answered yes, then this is probably for you.

Requirements:

- At least a lv 50 account level
    - At least around a ~4000 competitive rating (higher preferred of course).
    - Ability to speak English WELL, not just 'enough'.
    - A (proper with no noise) microphone and at least proper hardware/software. This does not have to be perfect, but if you have, for example, a potato P.C., this is probably not going to work.
    - 16 years old+
    - A good mindset and willingness to accept feedback (no toxicity of course) on the spot.
    - A good attitude.
    - Discord/Teamspeak
    - Time (of course). It is okay if you are somewhat busy on weekdays (work/school), but you should be available for a fair amount of hours in evenings/weekends.
    - Must be living in EU
    *Exceptions can occur in consultation

If you are looking to join, please respond to this thread. I will invite you to a discord chat and just ask you some questions, after which we will probably just play a game (or multiple).

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I hope to learn from future teammates and I look forward to seeing you in-game!
    - DraccerX
    Last edited by DraccerX; 07-09-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    DarkGoku
    18+
    I am fluent in English

I am Level 261

My mic is fine

Discord: DarkGoku

ELO: 3k, 4,7k comp. rating

Mostly I play Fernando and Barik, but I can flex

Strengths: If somebody watches my back, I should do fine.

Weaknesses: I don't play Inara or Ashe

My motivation is to play alot

I live in Lithuania (+2)

I've played like 1200 hours on steam.
    Last edited by DarkGoku; 07-22-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Hey man, (well not going to give away my name like that, mostly privacy) but my nick is L3G3NDBR on paladins and steam, not into a team yet hopefully can get into one.
    I'm 19 and currently living in the UK so no problem with my English and my location.
    My account level 69, competitive rating is going up and down from 3800 to 3900 (now not so much have been unable for a while for reasons) and an ELO of 1700.
    I am trying to master all of the support class (moving slowly but steady) at the moment I play mainly with ying, damba, and learning more about seris. Can play frontline but not too keen into that.
    Don't really know what my strength is nor my weaknesses, but I am concentrated on what I am supposed to do and help whenever I can, also like to improve my skills so open to new ideas and feedbacks.
    Finally if you have read through all of this lol, my motivation is to become the best, and to compete against known teams (and of course) defeat them. And whenever we can play some other games to have fun.
    I think this sums it up so if interested hit me up and let's have fun and become the best team in Europe at first. (Then the world hahaha) (btw overlight is not a bad name for the team)
    Last edited by L3G3NDBR; 07-23-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Name: Ionut
    Game Name : RealMafaka
    Birthdate (dd/mm/yy): 03/02/1995
    Discord and/or Teamspeak: ts3 RealMafaka , I dont have discord yet
    Paladins Account Level: 93
    Competitive Rating: 3957 at this moment , i oscilate always around 3900-4100
    ELO : paladins.guru/profile/pc/RealMafaka/
    Champions you can play as/roles you fulfill: I think my best champion is Fernando and Drogoz , but i can play all champs for certain situations .
    Strenghts and weaknesses: Im a weak flanker , I manage to control well only Androxus/Buck/Evie/Zhin , but im not so good. As a healer I am weak on Seris , but i manage to be good at Jenos , and a little bit of Damba/PIP
    Motivation: First of all is boring to play alone , and im stuck in this rank beacuse the teams i get are in general made from newbies that dont understand exactly the game , Im not a fan of casual beacuse I dont have a team , so I play duo comp with the few friends I have
    RELEASE THE FULL PARTY COMPETITIVE PLAY !
    LET'S FIX THIS BROKEN COMMUNITY , WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER !
    PLEASE KIDS , NEWBIES DONT GO FROM THE FIRST UNBLOCK ON COMPETITIVE , ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE AS CASUAL !

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Name:Andrew
    IGN:AzTecsz
    I have Discord and Teamspeak
    ELO, Competitive rating: http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/AzTecsz

I main Androxus. I'm also good with Damba and Sha'lin. My main role is Flank and the second one is Damage. I'm a weak frontline. I'm also bad with Evie and Drogoz.

I want to become a proffesional esports player. I'm looking for a team where i can learn and help. I'm very competitive and active, but sometime i do some trips for like 1-2 weeks when i cant play.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Name: George
    Team Name: That depends to all of us, if you decide I'm capable of being a team player
    Birthdate (dd/mm/yy): 20/06/1997
    Discord and/or Teamspeak: Coapsi
    Paladins Account Level: 75
    Competitive Rating: Diamond 4
    ELO: 1974
    Champions you can play as/roles you fulfill: my main roles are damage and flank, but I can fill any role
    Strenghts and weaknesses:Good communication skills, team-work player but also a lonely wolf, can predict in general the next move, sometimes I'm stubborn
    Motivation: I'm always trying to get to the top no matter of the circumstances, so I think that should be enought.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38

Team

Name:
    Jan

In Game Name (IGN):
    Duvell

Birthdate (dd/mm/yy):
    02/07/1998 (19)

The Netherlands

Discord and/or Teamspeak:
    Yes

Mic:
    Yes

Paladins Account Level:

ELO:

Champions you can play as/roles you fulfill:
    Evie, Barik, Bombking, Tyra, Seris, Ruckus.

Strenghts and weaknesses:
    dont know yet

Motivation:
    I've been playing a lot solo and got kind of stuck in diamond 2/4. I want to reach that master border. Yet i dont know that much of the game and the meta's. Dont know anyone who could help me with that, i hoped to get to understand the game more when i play with the same people, but i dont have anybody to play with.

Hope i can join your team, let me know!

Hi,

I'm a new player to Paladins but I intend to play at a high level in competitive teamplay & competition qualifiers later on.
    I actually don't meet the minimum requirements but I take a chance anyway, since I know how fast I'm learning and how much determination I have.

Name: Janick
    In-Game name: Comawhite75
    Birthdate: 30/07/87
    Discord and/or Teamspeak: Janick#3551 (discord)
    Paladins Account Level: 24
    ELO (You can find this on PaladinsGuru): 1542 - Gold V (http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/Comawhite75)
    Champions you can play as/roles you fulfill: Torvald, Grover, Buck, Ruckus.

Motivation:
    I've played a good amount of games in soloQ either competitive and casual and feel like I can't go any further with random people. I'm too attached in teamplay / strategic decisions to make it work with soloQ.
    I want to discuss strategy and I want to play with a competitive team to build a good synergie between my teammates and I.
    I've been playing competitively in GuildWars (5th European team for a season) and Starcraft 2 (had a Swedish sponsored team) and I now want to continue in the same direction with Paladins.

I've actually played 2d and 8h since I started, which is not a lot, but I've already got a good sense of situation awareness and of what is a good team synergie or not. I'm also aware of most of the popular picks/bans in competitive.
    I started playing more and more Torvald, Ruckus, Grover and Buck, I can fit these three roles pretty well I think.

Strengths and weaknesses: My current weakness will be that I need to practice more roles so I can adapt more if every roles that I play well have been picked/banned.
    My strengths are that I've a good sense of what's going on overall and I'm pretty good at tank/support classes. I always keep an eye on my teammates especially when I'm playing Torvald.

I'll be happy to be part of your team if you think I can fit in!

See ya!

Janick

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Your Name:Eli

Team Name: OverLight SkullMarker

Birthdate: 31/12/96

Discord and/or Teamspeak:SkullMarker#1273 Discord

Paladins Account Level:34

Competitive Rating: plat 2

ELO:1900

Champions you can play as/roles you fulfill: Im flex so i can play anything but i play flank/tank the most in soloq

Strenghts and weaknesses: well i didnt got the chance to play with a team to know my weaknesses and strenghts but im looking for a group to learn,must shuts i know just wanna learn to play with a team
    im good with timeing and tactics
    and i guess my temper is my worst enemie tho lol
    other then that im always here too learn what to improve and what too let loss

Motivation:my aim is to be a professional player but i dont really have even ppl to play with and soloq will not give me anything even if i will get to master alone.. i need a team,to learn to play with i know that im new in the game but i really want to take the game seriosly (got from silver 1 placement to plat 2 in 3 days lol,if it even means anything hahaha)

URL of picture wanted in logo :i dont really have a logo in mind but in the + side i'm a photoshop designer so i can work on logos ^^
    Last edited by SkullMarker; Yesterday at 08:03 AM.