Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Champion Concept - Malchor, The Dragonslayer (Tank)

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class

Champion Concept - Malchor, The Dragonslayer (Tank)

I get champion ideas from the strangest places. This one came from an enmail I got that had a dragonslayer in it, that I was reading while listening to the OB54 Dev Insights.

DESCRIPTION

Malchor is a dragonslayer, as his title states. He's human (So far, anyway), and he has a knightly appearance, featuring heavy armor and the like. He's also got a tower shield, nearly as tall as he is, so that he can hide behind it. I wanted him to have a sword, but melee champions don't exactly work in this game and Zhin has stolen the "fire blade" thing, so to counter dragons - Which are magical creatures anyway - Malchor's mainhand weapon is an orb of green-black fire-like magic. Much like Fernando, this is a channeled ability, except rather than a cone of flame, it fires a narrow-ish beam of energy out to medium range, similarly to Grohk's lightning staff.

Now, when dealing with creatures larger than you, it's difficult to be tanky. Whether it's dragonfire that can melt steel or 20 tons of muscle smashing you with a clawed paw, dragons hit hard, so if you're training to fight them, you're going to be training to avoid their blows rather than endure them. So Malchor is more mobile than most other tanks, having a very short rolling ability that can be used to get away from those slower, more damaging attacks - Indeed, such as Drogoz' rockets. Since he's a Dragonslayer, I think it appropriate that Malchor would be one of the only tanks that Drogoz has a hard time eating through.

Appearance-wise, Malchor is your typical dragonslayer, except for his unconventional weapon and the fact that the left side of his face is burned - Think Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. His eye on that side is also an unnatural green, matching green crystals all over his armor.

During his ultimate, he transforms, into a man-sized black dragon with green eyes and markings who is wearing the same armor minus the shield, and rather than a blast from his hand, his main fire is in the form of a breath weapon.

BACKGROUND/LORE

Malchor comes from a family whose very blood is cursed. While the curse grants them the ability to manipulate and control a terrible black flame, they can't control themselves, and like a wildfire, their anger spreads destruction. It's said that the curse was placed on their family centuries ago for a crime against Dragonkind, but only the dragons remember the crime or know how to repent and escape the curse.

Malchor was a young boy when dragons attacked his family, his home, trying to exterminate the cursed bloodline once and for all so that the enemies of dragonkind were no longer a danger. He was burned badly during the attack, but ended up the only survivor of a town that was reduced to ash. Now he hunts dragons to avenge his family and all others who have had their lives destroyed by these foul beasts, not caring that his anger is feeding his curse and that every dragon he kills only makes the curse stronger.

ABILITIES

Health: 3400

Left-Click: Umbral Flame - This ability fires a channeled beam of green-tinged black fire out to medium range from Malchor's right hand. The weapon has a total charge value - "Ammo" count - Of 32. The blast deals 75 damage every 0.2s, regaining 1 ammo every 0.2s when not in use, and if you use all the ammo, it has a 3s reload time.

Right-Click: Tower Shield - This ability is his main defensive ability. Rather than a shield to absorb damage, Malchor holds up his shield, cutting his movement in half. It completely negates all damage from the front for 2s, similarly to Zhin's Counter or Androxus' Reversal, but unlike those abilities, it simply drains away, rather than being retributive. The ability has an instant cast time and has a 12 second cooldown.

F Key: Evasion - This skill is much like Cassie's dodge roll, moving him a short distance in the direction he's going. It doesn't move him very far - About half the distance of the dodge roll - But it can be used often, only having a 5s cooldown.

Q Key: Douse - This ability is a cleansing skill. When activated, Malchor pours a vial of purple liquid over himself. Doing so removes healing reduction and damage-over-time effects, and makes him immune to them for 4s. This ability has a 16s cooldown.

Ultimate: Curse Of Flame - When Malchor activates his ultimate, he crouches down during the 1s cast time, hidden by darkness. From there, the darkness erupts as he springs into the air, his curse revealed as he has transformed into a dragonlike creature himself, as black as night. During this ultimate, he's immune to slows and damage over time effects and can fly. His scales grant him 10% damage reduction and his reload speed is increased by 30%. The ultimate lasts for 10s and he cannot use Tower Shield, Douse or Evasion during the ult.

CARDS

LEGENDARY CARDS

• Toxic Flame (Weapon) (Default Legendary)- Your weapon poisons the target, dealing its damage again over the next 3 seconds. This damage over time stacks.

• Ancestral Remedy (Douse) - Activating Douse heals you for 10% of your max health each second of the duration.

• Uncanny Dodge (Evasion) - Activating Evasion reduces Area Damage you take by 30% for 2s.

Tower Shield:

• Reflex Training - EPIC - Reduces the cooldown of Tower Shield by 1/2/3/4 seconds.

• Enduring Barrier - RARE - Increases the duration of Tower Shield by 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.

• Reprieve - COMMON - Activating Tower Shield reduces the cooldown of Douse by 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.

• Solace - COMMON - Gain 1/2/3/4 ammo per second during Tower Shield.

Evasion:

• Roll with the Blow - COMMON - Activating Evasion grants you 5%/10%/15%/20% damage reduction for 2s.

• Duck for Cover - RARE - Activating Evasion reduces the cooldown of Tower Shield by 1/2/3/4 seconds.

• Fight Fire With Fire - COMMON - Activating Evasion grants 2/4/6/8 ammo.

• Out Of Reach - COMMON - Increase the distance of Evasion's movement by 10%/20%/30%/40%.

Douse:

• Brew Of Scales - EPIC - Activation Douse gives you 10%/20%/30%/40% damage reduction for the duration.

• Brew Of Wings - COMMON - Activating Douse grants you 10%/20%/30%/40% movement speed for the duration.

• Brew Of Blood - RARE - Activating Douse increases incoming healing by 10%/20%/30%/40% for the duration.

• Thickened Brew - RARE - Increases the duration of Douse by 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.

Weapon/Armor:

• Weapon: Burning Curse - EPIC - Increases ammo count by 8/16/24/32.

• Armor: Steel Scales - COMMON - Increases your base health by 150/300/450/600.

• Armor: Untamed Will - COMMON - Gain 7%/14%/21%/28% CC reduction.

• Armor: Slayer's Trail - COMMON - Kills and Eliminations reduce active cooldowns by 10%/20%/30%/40%.

DEFAULT LOADOUT

Legendary: Toxic Flame
    Cards: Brew of Scales II, Duck For Cover III, Steel Scales II, Reprieve III, Solace II.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

If you have any suggestions, questions or other comments, please, by all means, post them. I wanna hear feedback on this character.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    I haven't gotten a single reply on this, which is... Weird, honestly. Nobody likes the idea of a dragonslayer who can turn into a dragon, or the idea of a tank with more consistent mobility than Ash's 0-to-60-and-back-to-0? Strange.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Hard to get replies in this community creations. Unless the thread involves a train.

Currently busy, but i'll give your thread a look!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzzy View Post
    Hard to get replies in this community creations. Unless the thread involves a train.

Currently busy, but i'll give your thread a look!
    Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Bump, please. I really wanna know what you all think about this.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
    I really liked this idea. I think you've put in a lot of thought into this champion concept - both when looking at the creativity of the champion itself and also when it comes to balancing.

It would be really cool also if you could get some art going for this champion. I could still kinda get an idea of how he looked from your description of him, but some art would be the icing on the cake.

Overall, this certainly needs more recognition as it's a good concept! Good work.
    I've been playing Pip... alot...

Proudest Achievements:

Level 300 Pip
    (and rising!)

>> Click >> 355,881 healing in 25 minutes! << Click <<
    (with Pip ofcourse!)

>> Click >> First septakill ever? << Click <<
    (with Pip ofcourse!)

My IGN: zVersee
    Region: EU
    Stats: Click Here

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by zVersee View Post
    I really liked this idea. I think you've put in a lot of thought into this champion concept - both when looking at the creativity of the champion itself and also when it comes to balancing.

It would be really cool also if you could get some art going for this champion. I could still kinda get an idea of how he looked from your description of him, but some art would be the icing on the cake.

Overall, this certainly needs more recognition as it's a good concept! Good work.
    Thanks! I really try to make these work. And I'd actually considered drawing him, like I did with my Karn character concept, but I haven't gotten around to it yet :P

Beta Player Sovereign Prince QuantumPlays's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Those card names are better then mine will ever be.
    Join us in The Realm and at /r/PaladinsStrategies!

Currently waiting on a Koga avatar. Gosh, I'm not gay, but Koga has got to be my favorite male person of all time.

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumPlays View Post
    Those card names are better then mine will ever be.
    Learning SAT vocabulary really helps you name things. I'm joking.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    Alright, so specifically I want to know two things - Where the character stand conceptually, and where the character stands mechanically. Is the concept a good one, flavor-wise? Interesting for lore purposes perhaps? And is he overpowered or underpowered? Are there any specific loadouts and LC combos that would be overpowered, and are there any that are utter crap?

Anyway, sort of a more-detailed bump for this most than anything I guess.