Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Okay, I've played a couple more hours and opened 28 card packs. Here are the Beta concerns... I want to be any champion, not just the left overs of what other people didnt choose. I understand this could be a Beta only option to test characters, please dont release the game with this dilemma. Next, why have a time delay on respawn? Its like we are just putting things in game bc other games do it... this game is fast paced, let players play. I know it is an attempt to have players "play more cautious/better" howver a gate can be destoyed in 10 seconds, yet spaying is 15... that is harsh. Life bars, extend them drasically, i'm sure player across the board will agree, one hit kills are simply annoying. Paladins makes us group together, its like shooting fish in barrel. I really want to love this game, and help it grow.

Last thing i noticed.. The slackers unite. C'mon guys, teamates stop playing after the first "goal" goes to the oppentent. I don't know what you are going to do to fix this Hi-Rez, but if it isn't fixed the game will "flop". I'ts annoying when a gamer can mathmatically see the defeat before the match is even half over. More content needed asap, more champs, at least 5 weapons per character and special abilities, the cards should be weapons as well, not paragraphs of "what ifs". I hear it often that Hi-Rez is all about the gaming community, if so then make the game playable by all players, not just esport fanatics. Will login more this weekend, maybe a patch by then? You might want to think about a 1v1 system with minions, and the cards offer better equip and better minions. As I stated in my first post on this thread, the games current state is far far far from being esports ready. I know you understand the logic of capturing an audience, this current 11 patch certainly isnt esports playable (for entertaining viewing, the cards, even legendarys are simply not "cool"... Epic should be Epic, not just 20% health when steathed... honestly did that fire anyone up in the board room when mentioned?). One last thing, what is with the massage parlor music?!?! we are gaming, spruce it up immediately!

Always remeber, it's about ABACABB.
    Last edited by Kleenet; 01-21-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleenet View Post
    Okay, I've played a couple more hours and opened 28 card packs. Here are the Beta concerns... I want to be any champion, not just the left overs of what other people didnt choose. I understand this could be a Beta only option to test characters, please dont release the game with this dilemma. Next, why have a time delay on respawn? Its like we are just putting things in game bc other games do it... this game is fast paced, let players play. I know it is an attempt to have players "play more cautious/better" howver a gate can be destoyed in 10 seconds, yet spaying is 15... that is harsh. Life bars, extend them drasically, i'm sure player across the board will agree, one hit kills are simply annoying. Paladins makes us group together, its like shooting fish in barrel. I really want to love this game, and help it grow.

Last thing i noticed.. The slackers unite. C'mon guys, teamates stop playing after the first "goal" goes to the oppentent. I don't know what you are going to do to fix this Hi-Rez, but if it isn't fixed the game will "flop". I'ts annoying when a gamer can mathmatically see the defeat before the match is even half over. More content needed asap, more champs, at least 5 weapons per character and special abilities, the cards should be weapons as well, not paragraphs of "what ifs". I hear it often that Hi-Rez is all about the gaming community, if so then make the game playable by all players, not just esport fanatics. Will login more this weekend, maybe a patch by then? You might want to think about a 1v1 system with minions, and the cards offer better equip and better minions. As I stated in my first post on this thread, the games current state is far far far from being esports ready. I know you understand the logic of capturing an audience, this current 11 patch certainly isnt esports playable (for entertaining viewing, the cards, even legendarys are simply not "cool"... Epic should be Epic, not just 20% health when steathed... honestly did that fire anyone up in the board room when mentioned?). One last thing, what is with the massage parlor music?!?! we are gaming, spruce it up immediately!

Always remeber, it's about ABACABB.
    I guarantee at launch you will still not be able to be the same character as someone else. It works just like it does in their other game SMITE. You just need to know what character you want and pick it first until they add some sort of Draft mode if they ever do.

As for the timed respawn....that is for balance. It would be no fun if people respawned instantly and just kept zerging the fight....

As for one hit kills... i just started today but i have never seen a one hit kill even if you press Y it will show you were hit 5-7 times at least.

As for the "slacker" thing... you will have that any game with objectives that are similar. Its certain players mentality.

"more content needed asap" .... this is beta lol there will be new content give it some time. And I haven't researched it but I highly doubt that characters will ever get Different Weapons... it is simply not needed. Each character has a weapon and a playstyle...

And the last point i will touch on is the 1v1 you suggest with minions.... I would not want computer players on my team no matter what. This isn't a MOBA. It is a FPS arena shooter similar to Team Fortress 2. While i would enjoy a FPS style MOBA instead....they have SMITE for the MOBA space.

Sounds to me like you want everything changed lol... I've had some major fun so far today playing and I've only tried 3 characters. I am also a long time SMITE player that played back during that Beta too. So far Hi-Rez has done great in my opinion and i cannot wait til Grover gets added and cannot wait for other additions and changes, like possibly character skins

Good Job so far Hi Rez, keep it up!

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    I want to say something about new patch and new systems. First of all i am really sorry about that but you made this game really terrible after patch.. New card system is sucks we dont want to play MOBA kind of games it is fast paced FPS/RPG kind of game... After new patch there are some inequalites between characters and cards because of those things lets discuss what we are expecting from beta and other changes. I really wonder are there anyone who is sharing same ideas with me?

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    First time I ran into this thread, this is great! Allows me to understand changes being made a lot better!

Keep up the good job Hi-Rez, I'm looking forward to anything that's next!

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Dear Hi-Rez, Hello Community,

Before everything else: I love this statement
    Thank you, cause all this ragin bout it got on my nerves, its clearly early access, right?

[VVGG] Good Game! (Hun Batz)

My last Feedback included: Actvies like in Smite... patch 20 ---> actives

And i must say Hi-Rez i really like your company, you love your job, the community and games themselves
    Plus you do not take everything too serious ---> Derpules in Smite ...community listen his head isnt too small

So i will conlcude my greasy statement with:

It is ALL about FUN
    [VVGL] Good Luck!
    [VVGF] Have Fun!

P.S. Ironsmith Vulcan Barik <----> Vulcan Barik Skin :3
    Last edited by Hildebrand; 04-07-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    The game is going in the right way!!! I started as a free player...it is too enjoayable for a closed beta, the experience is sooooo smooth and promising that i decided to become a founder!
    After match 20 things changed...now i dont own all androxus cards.... did my 20 chest got wasted alongside with gold used to craft?

keep it cool guys!
    Last edited by AlphaPT; 04-07-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    It will be very hard to make MOBA game P2W.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Hi. Well i think the game really sucks. I have bought it since founders packs came. Haven't played for a long time and came back yesterday. And what can i say.. it is eve worse than it was few month ago.. First of all nto you can't pick cards and you have to buy them. Ok it is not so bad.. but you must buy them every time when you die??? what nonsense is that..? By the way when i bought the game i got 20 chests. Not everything have changed and i got only 5 chests and i don't have any cards just the basic ones that everyone got. So where are my chests and cards that i owned??? Ok enough about that. New mod is fun, i like it. But what happened to balance..??? it is sooo damn unbalanced.. What happened to Ruckus shooting sound? it socks so hard.. it was a lot better.. I have no idea how developers starts creating a game, sell founders pack but still have no idea what direction they are going to go.. Started with 8 champions now have 14.. So few champions, few maps, no balance, constantly changing cads and card system (also now i don't have cards and didn't get my 20 chests) and the game is getting even worse.. I have been a long time since beta but it is not getting anywhere it is broken and still so early beta.. So really? That's how you are going to start the game? Played in overwatch beta. it is 10 times better.. I want to get my money back and buy overwatch instead..
    Also forgot to mention. The maps are super boring.. Developers, play some overwatch and copy some maps.. your maps sucks so damn hard..

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    hiRez for me you have been created so far grates games and paladins is one of them i hope you will keep doing new exciting content a i almost forgot try to add that all the heroes have a punch button please

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezStew View Post
    Without this, I fear people will pre-judge Paladins based on "what it is now" versus "what it will become with your help."
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezStew View Post
    Principle #2: No game is ever done. Labels such as "Closed Beta", "Open Beta", "Released" are mostly artificial marketing milestones.
    Okay? So we are not allowed to pre-judge Paladins because it still has a 'Beta' status? But in the same post we are told that the different Software states are just 'artificial marketing milestones'? Thus making them obsolete for anything, but getting the hype train going?
    I mean I enjoy this game and even bought a founder pack, because the idea is worthy of support, but wtf?

I am new to is Hi-Rez Studios. To me this post seems like a preamtive excuse and the devs beeing uncertain about their creation.
    So could someone explain to me how I should take this?

And can somebody tell me if the developers actually listend to the community, I can't seem to find any posts besides responses to 'I've been scammed' or 'paladin sucks' (which it does not imo ), that show developers interest in what we folks have to say. Maybe somebody can help me with this, too?