Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Well, both patches that concerned card rarity changes, I came out WELL ahead both times. I'm not sure what everybody else's experience has been like. I have only bought the founder's pack, everything else just from matches and gold.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Personally, I have every faith in Hi-Rez. Short after Smite launched, I bought the god-pack because I loved the game and I still think it is the best purchase I've made in years, even though I'm not playing the game often nowadays. In my opinion it was a groundbreaking touch to MOBAs(and it probably has inspired all these shooter-mobas one way or another.) Looking back, it's more than easy to notice how Smite has improved. And although Paladins might look a little bland in its current state(well, it's closed beta...) or might seem to lack something, I firmly believe that in a very short while it will be a great game. Thanks for everything Hi-Rez, and keep up the good work!

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    I wasn't a fan of smite, but I'm loving this.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    So far you failed your Principle #10 ... It's clearly a pay to win :s
    Right now it costs more than 100$ for a new comer to get just a couple of optimum build (for a couple of random champions)...

And if the card system stays the same it will become harder and harder to make a build as the number of champions & cards increase.

And what will happen to all the people that have bought/crafted as many card as they could when you will change your card system? (because it truly cannot stay this way)

It really looks like you are trying to get as much money as you can from your hardcore fan. Epic fail of your #10 principle

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampa View Post
    So far you failed your Principle #10 ... It's clearly a pay to win :s
    Right now it costs more than 100$ for a new comer to get just a couple of optimum build (for a couple of random champions)...

And if the card system stays the same it will become harder and harder to make a build as the number of champions & cards increase.

And what will happen to all the people that have bought/crafted as many card as they could when you will change your card system? (because it truly cannot stay this way)

It really looks like you are trying to get as much money as you can from your hardcore fan. Epic fail of your #10 principle
    dude, the game isnt even out yet... its gonna be fine

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    lol, i thing they dont expect to get even profit from this game.
    so calm down. IM sure they will change things.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    I have absolutely no respect for HI-Rez after the way they handled Tribes: Ascend. Don't forget their history.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
    I have absolutely no respect for HI-Rez after the way they handled Tribes: Ascend. Don't forget their history.
    Don't forget Global Agenda too... And they don't even care, after all the complains the players(that paid great money for the game) have made, they still don't care, they don't even answer! It's like the game didn't even exist in the first place. Same thing will happen to Paladins, sooner or later. Believe me. At least Hi-Rez should have the decency to shut it down and inform all who have played and paid for it. Just that simple gesture, but still silent.

Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2
    A good quality post that gives a good impression about the company behind the games, keep it up and i'm sure Paladins will be very successful game

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    The 100K founders tournament is a great idea, but way to soon. Can you imagine commentating a game it is current play pattern? The characters are quick, the mounts are great. 5 v 5 with a single objective? That will never work, it's simply too messy. Maybe a 2v2 version for broadcast, or add 3 drop points in game to give different focuses. the team controlling more gains defense and speed. In a team game you still need to have accountability especially for esports.

I don't get into BETA test much, so maybe the future release isn't set to play "like this". Many many more cards are needed along with 20+ additional characters. Keep the speed and enlarge the maps. Maybe test a sky element? an air support team member..? These are the very early stages of a great idea. TCG's are inherently slow, FPS's are inherently fast... 5v5 with 1 objective? That will fail very quickly as it will have no playablity for the younger and less "pro" players. I'm very interested to see where the game goes from here. I really hope to see physical pack cards that can be imported into game to improve ones character... Here's a crazy idea, maybe take away the "death/spawn" element, don't count time for position control, count damage given instead. this solves the balancing equation (as players leave mid game the damage requirements can auto adjust..).

I'll play more tomorrow and come back with a bunch of new crazy ideas