Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    why valve cant have new players too dota ? and why LOL can cuz Dota is too difficult to be master and LOL is more fun Maybe dota is free to play but u will spend money on it cuz game will turn you to do this (and dota wasnt free to play in past)
    but LOL is more community and lesser toxic players this fact is same as OW and paladins :
    OW is like dota and paladins is more like LOL maybe first year MOBA fans go for dota but in no time the LOL players rise so nice.
    im sure paladins can have more players than OW.
    but if you make game P2W, more unbalance, ignore forums and ... only thing happen is game dead.
    why you make it P2W ? cuz have more money ? well the players who spend thousand of $ wont play this bugy unbound cards
    An Epidemical Mayhem

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    ...little did we know, we were beta testing for China.

Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Hirez makes game so they can then ruin them. That's how they make games

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    why you ruin your company brand name? thanks to SMITE and Paladins you were known as a good F2P gamemaker, that employs a fair payment system for their players.

Not now tho, you are no different than Asian P2W gamemakers
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakdaw View Post
    ...little did we know, we were beta testing for China.
    This. Nuff said.

Beta Player Baronet GrinchyIzzy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezStew View Post
    So here are some things I want you to know about how we build games:

Principle #1: Start public testing as early as you can, and let the community help shape the game's development.

Our goal is always to start closed beta testing as soon as we feel we have basic core gameplay and systems in place. We know a lot of things aren't finished or fully polished. But we want your feedback to help us shape where we take the game.

Principle #10: Make money, but do so in a fair way that respects your community.

We are extremely strong believers that Free to Play is a fantastic business model for gaming. But it needs to be done in a fair way that isn't "Pay to Win." That's harder to achieve than you may think, and bear with us as we balance the game around that philosophy. But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime.

Regarding these two. Due to recent events. I feel lied to. I lost my trust with this company. If you listed to the feedback, more than most of the community does not want this recent patch. I don't know the percentages. But I've only seen maybe a few people who were okay with it, versus the hundreds and hundreds of people that do not want it. The gameplay feedback forum section is filled with people disagreeing with Hi-rez. If you truly listened to our feedback, you wouldn't go through with this.

Regarding principle #10. I can see how you try to fairly make money, and that's okay. But the last sentence, "But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime." - - - This upcoming patch is completely broken in so many ways I can't even completely list them all. It's not even the cards unbound that completely breaks the game. The ratio of essence to gold? 1:1 ? How is it if we have 20,000 essence on patch ob63, and ob64 comes out, we get 20,000 gold. When you need almost 20 times the amount of gold you ever needed for essence. Running a few tests, I had to spend over 600,000 gold to fully max out 1 champion, who already previously owned all the cards. 600,000 GOLD. I don't have 600,000 essence lying around.

This upcoming patch is BEYOND broken. And I get it, you want to do this. But you're rushing it. And you're giving us the rushed version. If someone spends months upon months building a house, it's going to be a beautiful house. But if someone attempts to build a house without a few weeks, you wont be able to sleep in it.

What I'm trying to get at. If you truly care about the fans you currently have. Cancel this update, or extend it even longer. Fix the ratio between essence and gold. And please hi-rez don't make your fans leave.
    Last edited by GrinchyIzzy; 12-11-2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Fixed.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Para una beta o al terminar el juego pueden añadir que la imagen de campeon durante la partida cambia conforme de su skin

gracias por la atención

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinchyIzzy View Post
    Regarding these two. Due to recent events. I feel lied to. I lost my trust with this company. If you listed to the feedback, more than most of the community does not want this recent patch. I don't know the percentages. But I've only seen maybe a few people who were okay with it, versus the hundreds and hundreds of people that do not want it. The gameplay feedback forum section is filled with people disagreeing with Hi-rez. If you truly listened to our feedback, you wouldn't go through with this.

Regarding principle #10. I can see how you try to fairly make money, and that's okay. But the last sentence, "But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime." - - - This upcoming patch is completely broken in so many ways I can't even completely list them all. It's not even the cards unbound that completely breaks the game. The ratio of essence to gold? 1:1 ? How is it if we have 20,000 essence on patch ob63, and ob64 comes out, we get 20,000 gold. When you need almost 20 times the amount of gold you ever needed for essence. Running a few tests, I had to spend over 600,000 gold to fully max out 1 champion, who already previously owned all the cards. 600,000 GOLD. I don't have 600,000 essence lying around.

This upcoming patch is BEYOND broken. And I get it, you want to do this. But you're rushing it. And you're giving us the rushed version. If someone spends months upon months building a house, it's going to be a beautiful house. But if someone attempts to build a house without a few weeks, you wont be able to sleep in it.

What I'm trying to get at. If you truly care about the fans you currently have. Cancel this update, or extend it even longer. Fix the ratio between essence and gold. And please hi-rez don't make your fans leave.
    They just added classic casual mode to, so fair casual is back

Note: read the News And Announcements Forum Section
    Fav champions

Front: Fernando, Ash & Rockus
    Support: Mal´Damba , Pip & Jenos
    Dmg: Pip & Lian
    Flank: Fernando ; ), Talus, zhin. (Yes i suck at flanking).

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaful View Post
    They just added classic casual mode to, so fair casual is back

Note: read the News And Announcements Forum Section
    not really, is still broken at the same way, fair is a word this system don't have at all, is quite far from it or from how fair is now ( and this one we have is not that balance either so immagine that)

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Buahaha many of you crying and saying "bye Paladins" but be honest: you guys will be the first to try out new OB64 anyway...

Just be patient and don't forget Principle 4 (If Hi-Rez got lost on their path tho, I guess they are aware players will make sure to run away sooner or later from any pay 2 win, exactly like what happened to EA and Battlefront microtransactions which eventually turned out to 3billion stock value loss aha ^^)

"Principle #4: Don't be afraid to try lots of crazy shit while you are beta.

We'll do some stuff and try some experiments in beta that will seem very stupid and crazy. And they just may be. Old-time testers of SMITE can probably relay some of the insane stuff we did during that beta.

But sometimes these experiments help us learn things about our game that are really important and inform future design. When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!"