Thread: [Champion Idea] (Frontline): Trolgar, The Unleashed

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class

Lightbulb [Champion Idea] (Frontline): Trolgar, The Unleashed

Hey everyone, it's been quite a long time since I created a thread !
    But as I promised to you, I love to introduce you:

Character:

Name: Trolgar
    Title: The Unleashed
    Class: FRONTLINE
    Age: I don't know how troll age but I guess he could be in his mid-life.
    General appeareance:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...873dd7c87e.jpg {source}

(Quite a big picture, I know but that was the closest look I was searching for)

Trolgar is a troll as you can see. I was surprised how that image looked almost exactly how I pictured him. Except of wearing an armor I picture him wearing a prisonner outfit, I will explain it in the lore. Trolgar personality is rather special but he's most likely silent and don't interact a lot with others.

LORE/Backstory:

As crazy as it might sound, Trolgar wasn't always like that. Back in the time, he was a regular troll who tried to live his life as a peasant. However; one time the harvest wasn't really good due to excessive heat on the lands. Trolgar didn't have enought food to substain himself for the whole winter and he didn't have either enought money to afford a large supplies of food.

Desesperate, a mysterious man came to him and asked him :

"- What's wrong ?"
    "- The food sir; I don't have enought for the winter !"
    "- You should have worked harder then !" replied the mysterious man.
    "- But... how could I have done better ? the Gods didn't grant me a good harvest !" said Trolgar
    "- Are you strong ?" aked him the stranger
    "- Yes !" replied Trolgar
    "- Are you sure ?" asked him again the stranger
    "-..." Trolgar hesitated to answer the man for a second
    The man then said "-
    Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak." *(Thomas Carlyle)*

"- Could you destroy a wall ?" the man continued to ask
    "- For what ?" asked Trolgar
    "- Well, I want to destroy a small werehouse and change it into a stable also I give you an opportunity to earn some gold... if you're interested, come at this address tonight. As you might know, if I ask you to come at night... well... it's because..."
    "- I'm a troll and humans don't really like us but... you can count on me !"
    "- Perfect, then see you tonight" said the man before he goes away."

And so at the end of the day, Trolgar came to the Human village and went straight to the address the mysterious man give him.

Trolgar asked the man :

"- Which one should I destroy...hhmm Mister ?"
    "- Ah...don't call me Mister, just call me Zhang and you should destroy this wall" pointed Zhang

And so Trolgar begun to destroy the wall. It takes him a good hour before finally break it.

" - You should go home, the night patrol may arrive soon, my friends here will take the lead, thank you for your help... here take that's as payment for your work here !"

"- Thanks you, Zhang !" said Trolgar
    "- Now... go !" shooted Zhang

Trolgar was happy, with that munch gold he could at least afford food for the winter. He headed home and finally rest for the night.

The next day, Trolgar wasn't happy anymore; his home was completely surrounded by the guards.

"- Beast, you are condamned ! turn yourself in or face your death !" shooted a guard

Trolgar surrended, scared for his life and didn't know why he was under arrest and was immediately assaulted by the guards and tied tightly.

"- Why, i'm under arrested !?" shooted Trolgar
    "- You know perfectly ! replied one guard
    "- No, I swear by the gods, I don't know !" replied Trolgar
    "- You're arrested for the destruction of a private warehouse, robery of royal treasure and more !" shooted the guard
    "- But I didn't..."

Without having time to finish, Trolgar was knocked out and woke up few hours later in a jail tied to a huge weight. He couldn't even move.

"- Wait... I didn't do that... it was... Zhang..." said Trolgar
    "- Say how munch you want, Beast ! we found gold all on the way from the warehouse up to your home, it was you. We found a hole in your bag, that was a really big mistake from you. Anyway, I hope you love your new home because you won't get out; until you settle your whole debts; and by the Gods you gonna need a whole life-time of work to settle it, HAHA !" said the prison guard

"- But it was just gold !" replied Trolgar
    "- Not only..." the guard said
    "- What do you mean ?" asked Trolgar
    "- There was crystals aswell in that warehouse. A LOT of it ! worth way more than regular gold !" answered the guard
    "- But it was not me, It was Zhang and his friends... IT WAS A SET UP" claimed Trolgar
    "- Yeah ! maybe but you still helped them aswell as you steal gold. That make you still a criminal in the end, Beast !" concluded the Guard

Years have passed, many years, 15 to tell you exactly.
    Many things have changed outside: the trees; the houses; the people; Trolgar

"- Hey ! you know the news ?!" asked someone
    "- What ?" said another one
    "- Lex, going to participate in the tournament !"
    "- Really !? Does he even know he have a job to do ?!"
    "- Well, that's what I tried to tell him but he got some sort of feeling about that tournament"
    "- Huh ?"
    "- He told me that he could catch a lot of thieves around with this tournament, going on !"
    "- What ? but this is ridiculous... why thieves will loses their times with such things as a tournament?"
    "- Well, the tournament was set by the King himself and I heard the reward was from his own fortune. So I guess, Lex can be kind of right... and also you know when he got something in mind."
    "- Yes, I hear you but still... Why thieves would participate in the first place; if the Tournament is set by the King himself ?
    The security gonna be tighten and there is a lot of chance they going to be captured after, if they participate."
    "- That's was also something I asked myself... but I heard every participants could sign up for the tournament. Whatever his gender, species, past action etc etc"
    "- Hmmm ! for sure this sounds interesting and entertaining to watch. When will it start ?"
    "- I think this should start soon enought... OH ! also I've seen one of the participant"
    "- Really ? "
    "- Yes, I saw her it's an elf and by the Gods; you should have seen her ! she got a hell of an ------* BOOM !!"

"- WHAT WAS THAT !"
    "- IT CAME FROM ONE OF THE PRISON CELL !!!"
    "- THE TROLL... he... he... BREAKOUT!"

And so after 15 years spent in jail, Trolgar managed to breakout of his prison by destroying the wall of his cells, using his Weight to help him break it !

After 15 years, Trolgar felt the freedom by running away from the jail. He sign up to participate in the tournament, to finally settle his debt and earn for once and for all, His freedom.

Abilities :

HP: 6000
    Weapon: Giant ball and chain
    Speed: Slowest in the game

Passive: Trolgar weapon is also his shield, his giant ball and chain is made of the strongest materials found in the realm meaning his shield is unbreakable

LMB : Ball and chain

Trolgar use his Ball and chain and spin it upon his head. Be careful, don't come too close either way you gonna get hurt, you don't wanna stand near a giant spinning ball now do you.

- To make your ball spin, hold the LMB.
    - While you spin your ball, you deal 350 damage in a small area every 1,5 sec to enemies close to you.

Now, afterward the damage and the distance of your ball and chain will depend on how long you have spin your ball..

- Release the LMB while you spinning to throw your ball.
    - Maximum spinning time to deal maximum damage is 3 sec.
    - Damage goes from 450 to 900 depending of the spinning time.
    - Distance of the ball depends of how long you have spin the ball.

But it's not over yet, after you throw your ball away now begin the "reload" sequence. Like, Mal'Damba weapon, Trolgar ball and chain can still put damage when he "reload". In fact, you can deal bonus damage and an extra new CC called Dizzy*.

Reload description: Trolgar pull back his chain a bit for the first second and then totally pull back the ball using all his force to bring it back all in one thrust.

- After your ball being throwed, hold the LMB to reload.
    - Hitting an enemy while reloading will harm them of 300.
    - Hitting an enemy from the back will harm your enemy of 600 and apply the CC Dizzy for 2 seconds.
    - * Dizzy is a new CC, it's just totally reverse the controls of the players. (The left become right and the right become left etc.)

Q: Anger
    (8 sec cooldown)
    Trolgar unleash his anger by releasing 4 quick "ball punch" in every direction.

Anger description:
    Trolgar take the ball directly by the tip and smash it in every direction close to him (Infront, Left, Right and Back).

- Anger deal 400 damage to enemy near Trolgar.
    - Enemies hit by Anger are also stunned for 2 sec.
    - Anger have a cooldown of 8 seconds.

F: Whip lash
    (10 sec cooldown)

Trolgar muster his strength for 2 sec before unleashing all his forces in a massive swipe.

Whip lash description: Trolgar stand still for 2 sec in an offensive position (a bit like Ash charge) he then seem to expand himself and then realise a massive swipe attack with his ball and chain going from far right to far left.

- Whip lash deal 500 damage to enemies
    - Whip lash have an extreme knock back AOE (strongest in the game, you can easily clean an entire point.)
    - Whip lash deal an extra 200 damage if your enemies hit an obstacle while flying away.

RMB: Shelter
    (No cooldown)
    Trolgar take his giant ball with both of his hands and hide behind it.

- Shelter is a shield that can't be broke.
    - Shelter don't give you full protection ( let me explain, if you wanna protect your head, you gonna look up, so the ball cover your upper body but your lower body will be completely exposed by doing that. If you want to cover your left side turn to the left but your right side will be exposed etc and etc.)
    - While using Shelter, you're 10% slower and can't attack except if you have the legendary.

E: Flying Troll

Flying troll description:
    Trolgar will start spinning his ball like a hammer throw athlete during 5 sec. At the end, of those 5 seconds Trolgar will release his ball into the air making him fly high in the sky. Once you reach the highest point of the map, he will catch his ball mid- air and then start falling fast while doing the Superman flight pose. When Trolgar is about to reach the ground he land a "ball punch". Everyone hit by that said "ball punch" die instantly. (In other words a Drogoz AOE ult).

- Flying troll will make you able to air control Trolgar to land where you want.
    - Flying troll will spawn a big shadow to warn people that Trolgar start to descend.
    - Anyone in the shadow of Flying Troll when Trolgar is about to land will die.
    - Anyone near the shadow when Trolgar land will make them bounce and hurt them of 450.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legendaries :

(Default)Fearless:
    (Armor)
    You're totally immune to any kind of CC.

Berserker:
    (Weapon)
    All your attack become Dizzy and you're 50% faster using your weapon.

Force of Nature:
    (Shelter)
    You can now attack while using your shield dealing 300 damages and minor knockback.
    Last edited by Repizify; 09-24-2017 at 10:56 PM. Reason: I'm a lazy and slow person
    Check out my champions ideas :

[SUPPORT]Iron Head, The metal head: You like Metal/Rock stars ? He should please you.
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...ort)-Iron-Head

[
    FRONTLINE] Trolgar, The unleashed​: Wanna play as a giant bulky Troll ? Have a look.
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...-The-Unleashed

[
    FLANKER] Whisper, The death blow: You're not looking for him...he's looking for you !

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Whew ! That lore was not originally to be this long and also not included any dialogue but in the end I've put a lot of it !

Stay tunned, the abilities will come tomorrow !

[SUPPORT]Iron Head, The metal head: You like Metal/Rock stars ? He should please you.

[
    FRONTLINE] Trolgar, The unleashed​: Wanna play as a giant bulky Troll ? Have a look.

[
    FLANKER] Whisper, The death blow: You're not looking for him...he's looking for you !

Beta Player Sovereign Prince QuantumPlays's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Repizify View Post
    Whew ! That lore was not originally to be this long and also not included any dialogue but in the end I've put a lot of it !

Stay tunned, the abilities will come tomorrow !
    You really shouldn't post a concepts if you have no abilities.
    Join us in The Realm and at /r/PaladinsStrategies!

Currently waiting on a Koga avatar. Gosh, I'm not gay, but Koga has got to be my favorite male person of all time.

Level
    Achievements:
    Yup after 3 month it was time to finish Trolgar. I kinda left him cause he looked a bit too munch like Ash but now he should be good.

[

[

Beta Player Viscount TyrantCrimson's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Not bad. I like the spinny tools. Kinda like a frontliner I made a while back
    I make champion concepts. sue me.

TAKE A GANDER!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantCrimson View Post
    Not bad. I like the spinny tools. Kinda like a frontliner I made a while back

Thanks, any feedback or suggestion ?

I tried my best to make him a defensive tank like Inara since she's the only kind of Defensive tank while the others are rather Damagers or Flankers or even Support. But I wanted also to make him a bit more different than Inara

[

[

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I like this concept I don't think he's unbalanced

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This is very late review, but seeing how there is someone who made a Troll might as well. I am currently constructing a troll looking for ideas, and the chain ball in not a bad attack, but I don't think this meat boy is going to make a Boss tier FL.... Just looks like a closer quarters Ash with less survivability.

Honestly this dude feels more chunky damage over a frontline considering his abilities. Frontlines try their best to be really hard to kill. This guy could just get out ranged too easily with real no way to get out of cauterise or make himself tougher. So I just see a troll pick over a troll.

Most of his abilities are damage based with your only CC Dizzy being a variant of confusion, which they removed ages ago due to how cheap it feels to die by it. Oh you are running away, now you run at me. A brief stun or medium slow would be notch better in this area imo as you can chase and catch up to your foe much easier then the 'maybe they will fall for dizzy and walk at me then backwards' strategy currently here.

I like his method of basic attack as a FL, 360 area zoning is well and good... 400 is a low, not much, just I would say 450-550 would be perfect if you drop some of the max range damage down by 100 or so.
    If I was you I'd just use RMB as a Ball chain release, letting go of LMB should just stop you swinging it instead of throwing. This way you can actually drop your attack and not suffer having to throw the ball and lock yourself out of ability as much.

I admire the return damage on the Ball Chain return but as I said before, scrap the Dizzy, too cheap imo, in a corridor this would be aggravating, not unbalanced, just annoying.

His RMB: if it doesn't shield your body from attacks on the same ground level as you, what good is it? So far this guy is going to need a lot of healing if this is his only defence on top of that it is not going to stop caut so he will be zoned out in a pinch, giving him 6k hp pool and not much defence just makes his play style require a lot of healing. More then what some healers can output.

His Q is really another aoe attack and I do not see it as needed when his auto attack is just the same thing, an Aoe. With that said I think he can stand to lose the ability and sub it out for a mobility or survivability. If this guy runs swinging into a room, he needs something to stay there. With Trolls tend to have massive health regeneration features in most fantasy lore, so play with that maybe. I'm trying to toy with a Troll Frontline myself but haven't worked out all the kinks yet.

The F is clunky, and counters his method of dealing damage from his kit imo. It works, but not for this Troll. You have a close quarters aoe melee ball, but you are throwing your opponents away from it while locking yourself out of actions for 2s in order to do so. I think that will get ya killed trying to shoo a team off a point, at least it would give anyone with a dash or a cc immunity time to think. Just like how I deal with the pre ordained Ash move set.

The ult is... what. Sure great mobility tool. Get the melee dude into fray, no counters. But... 5s deploy time to get this all off and a champion instakill on top. This is not really going to work in my eyes and need more thought imo.