Thread: New Champion Idea - Amuto, the Hybrid

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

New Champion Idea - Amuto, the Hybrid

Yes, another champion idea. I really have too many of these. Anyhow, I wanted to try my hand at a 'stance'-like champ this time, and this is what I came up with: Amuto, the Hybrid.

(Pronounced AH-moot-oh.)

Medium-large size. Think Buck, but not as wide.

Amuto is a poor creature, a hybrid of Angel and Demon. Hated by both, and forever banished. Amuto has multiple forms, and the only similarities between the two are her general size and gender. When in Demon form, a large, ragged wing rips from her back and horns sprout from her head. Her skin darkens, with thick black tendrils of hatred and spite curling into her veins. Her hair turns black, oily and thick. Her fingers sharpen and become vicious claws, and her pupils dilate and turn bloodshot. Her armor, forged by a sympathetic soul, is made of a special ore from Hell itself. It melts and molds, accompanying her shape regardless of the form she inhabits.
    When she shifts into her Angel form, the demonic features dissipate, banished-- if only temporarily-- by the Holy powers radiating from her core. Her skin turns smooth and pale, her hair a yellow-blonde, with naught a horn to be seen. Her hellish features mold back to normal, and her armor covers her once again. The only discerning feature of her Angel form is the lone, pitiful wing that sprouts from her left side, missing its brethren on the right.

Amuto's Stats:
    In Demon form, 370 walkspeed and 2,800 health.
    In Angel form, 360 walkspeed and 3,000 health.

Passive Ability - Divine Attunement
    When in Demon form, take 15% less damage for each enemy within 20 units.
    When in Angel form, take 15% less damage for each ally within 20 units.
    Skills change based on which form Amuto is in.

Amuto's skills, and how they work:

Rend Hell / Rend Heaven (M1) - When in Demon form, this attack creates ethereal claws over her own and swipes all enemies close by for 400 damage every .4s.
    When in Angel form, this attack fires a bolt of light from Amuto's hand that does 100 damage every .1s. It has infinite range and 100% accuracy, but a 'clip' size of 10. Firing rapidly decreases the accuracy, similar to Tyra's attack (Though not as severe).

Birthright(M2) - (6s Cooldown) Attacks with Amuto's wing.
    In Demon form, this is an 'aura' blast that deals 200 damage to all enemies within 20 units and decreases their movement speed by 20%.
    In Angel form, this heals all allies within 20 units (Including Amuto) for 20% of their maximum health instantly.

Blazing Trail / Smite (Skill 3) - (8s Cooldown) In Demon form, Amuto charges for .5s, then dashes forward 20 units, passing through enemies and dealing 400 damage to each one hit, as well as a small DoT (25 damage every 1s for 8s).
    In Angel form, Amuto charges a holy spear for 1s, then throws it, dealing 500 damage to each enemy hit. If the spear hits more than one enemy, it heals Amuto for 200 Health per additional target hit. The spear has infinite range and a fast velocity, but does drop over distance.

Change Form (Skill 4) - (20s Cooldown) Switch forms. Switching takes 5s, and you are vulnerable while you switch-- You take 100% increased damage. However, you are CC immune and fully heal upon completing the transformation. Note that neither passive effect takes effect while switching forms.

Hybrid Mode (Ultimate) - (10s Duration) You fuse your Angel and Demon forms together, obtaining the best of both worlds simultaneously. Hybrid mode allows for both passives to be active at the same time. When in Hybrid mode, you move 40% faster, deal 20% increased damage, and may only use Rend Hell & Heaven (M2 is set to Rend Heaven).
    Skills 3 and 4 lose their normal effects, instead healing you for 1,000 health each instantly (Although they may each only be used once while in Hybrid mode).
    Note: During Hybrid Mode, M1 and M2 can be fired at the same time, provided Rend Heaven has enough ammunition.

Legendary Card Options:

Protective Cocoon - While switching forms, you aren't vulnerable anymore, and are immune to all debuffs as well as CC.

Furious Vigor (Default) - Birthright now slows for 40% in Demon form and heals for 30% in Angel form.

Multiple Personalities - While in Demon form, gain 20% movement speed. While in Angel form, gain 20% more health from all sources.

Please leave a comment or suggestion if you have one. Critique is appreciated and encouraged.
    Last edited by Haxic; 08-07-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Grammar fixes and balancing issues.

Level
    Achievements:
    Bumping thread. I really liked this idea, but without critique I'll never know if it was good or not.

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    In Hybrid mode which weapon do you use?

Furios Vigor slows 35%, heals 20% in total OR x% more?
    I WONT SLEEP UNTIL BK's POPPY GETS
    30% MORE KNOCKBACK + LAG COMPENSATION

Only BK mains can drink Pomegranate juice
    CUZ ITS AN EXPLOSIVE MIX

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Level
    Achievements:
    In Hybrid mode you use both forms' basic attack. M1 is demon form's attack, M2 is angel form's attack. Skills 3 and 4 will only heal you in Hybrid form.

Furious Vigor increases the effect of birthright-- In demon form, the slow is increased to 35%, and in angel form, the heal is increased to 20%.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Okay, so you have a few cool concepts in here, but a ton of it is a randomish mixture. I like the change form idea, but what class is Amuto? You say he's a damage class, but he doesn't really do that much damage, with 1000 melee dps and 500 range dps, which is weak for any class, not to say damage class. However, Amuto also can heal allies like a support and has 3600 health, more than Barik and approaching that of an average tank. A few other things to note:

- I love the idea of a hitscan without falloff (which is what it seems like Angel form's weapon does) since the only current one is Kinessa. Using the lower damage (500 dps) to balance it is not a bad idea, but that's incredibly low, and even weaker when you consider that she has accuracy bloom.
    - 15% max HP heal is already quite weak (that's like 375 hp for an average champion) but over 4 seconds? Seris can heal herself for that much with a single soul orb and almost instantly.
    - A 20 second ultimate? I would usually say this is too long, but the ultimate itself is pretty weak, disabling both of Amuto's abilities including his movement and not really giving him much to work on. I would make the ultimate last a much shorter duration (maybe 6 or 7 seconds?) and give him a huge damage boost to work off of.

Overall, you have a lot of cool things in here, but Amuto is a pretty weak, hard to classify champion. Inherently, a lot of this lies in the low damage and high health. Balance these two out a little and you'll have taken great leaps towards a more viable champion
    #Stop nerfing Drogoz!
    #Nerf Lian
    #Buff Torvald

Check out my youtube!

I am also a staff member of Uproar.gg, a gaming service that spans over 11 games and provides community interactions such as quests, challenges, tournaments, and more! Sign up at our website and join our discord!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thanks for the critique! I changed some stuff around to better adjust to what you brought up, and I feel I should clarify some stuff.
    Although classified as a 'Damage', I really wanted to make Amuto a sort of jack-of-all-trades. When in Demon form, she's meant to be a brawler, getting up close to enemies and hunting them down. When in Angel form, she's like a support, healing allies but most importantly staying alive. That's why the skills are set the way they are, although I agree with you on many points. It's been a while since I've actually reviewed this concept, and it definitely needs work, which I'll happily get to after this comment.

Level
    Achievements:
    Bump. Edited some skills again, most notably the range on many of them.
    siggy.