Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no one picks tank? :(

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered
    atm damagers and flanklers do so much damage than even 1on1 they can beat a tank easily.. there is no point atm to have more than 1 tank and even then.... lately i have seen that a lot of my queues in full damager and flank teams (no tank or support) win more now that 1 month ago.

remember that now we have 3 area denial damagers (drogoz , BK and willow) and 1 flanker than can easily kill tanks (lex) .. so yeah having tanks is a lot less effective and desirable than before... i would go and say that if you are a second tank then you are actually a waste on the team.. sometimes even having 1 tank is superfluous if the other team got a savvy willow/bk/drogoz.. or worse: more than 1 Area denial champ.

sure as a tank you can do damage.. if the flanks/dds/supports fail to get out of your fireline or just ignore you.. but a damager/flanker will outdamage you several times over . most will outrun you and they arent that squishy now.. (heck viktor with any legendary and life rip 3 can just stand and TANK all of ruckus inara and nando's attacks while getting healed by life rip.. as long as he can get headshots, tyra can do the same .)

if i were a main tank or support... i would go and see what damage/flank chars i can play and go for those. unless they change the game/balance there is no point to playing tank/support.
    Last edited by MrInanis; 05-19-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Member Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    I play a lot of Front Liners, but to be honest the skill ceiling for Front Liners is so much lower than dps champs. If you are playing well as a Front Liner you give your team an advantaged team fight, it's still on your team to win the fight. If you play well as a dps you wipe the other team. We need Front Liners that have a high skill ceiling and can carry, not beef cakes who may occasionally have a skill shot.

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    You can't carry on tanks or healers. People are greedy sometimes, and want to have the glory for themselves. Bad tanks can throw games, good tanks will allow the game to happen, not to be won.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

Quote Originally Posted by Gdante14CO View Post
    I say the facts, facts are facts. I don't kiss ass I say what it is, if something is op I say it.
    #RIPYING

#RIPDARKRAI

CHINA - Donald Trump

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrInanis View Post
    atm damagers and flanklers do so much damage than even 1on1 they can beat a tank easily.. there is no point atm to have more than 1 tank and even then.... lately i have seen that a lot of my queues in full damager and flank teams (no tank or support) win more now that 1 month ago.

remember that now we have 3 area denial damagers (drogoz , BK and willow) and 1 flanker than can easily kill tanks (lex) .. so yeah having tanks is a lot less effective and desirable than before... i would go and say that if you are a second tank then you are actually a waste on the team.. sometimes even having 1 tank is superfluous if the other team got a savvy willow/bk/drogoz.. or worse: more than 1 Area denial champ.

sure as a tank you can do damage.. if the flanks/dds/supports fail to get out of your fireline or just ignore you.. but a damager/flanker will outdamage you several times over . most will outrun you and they arent that squishy now.. (heck viktor with any legendary and life rip 3 can just stand and TANK all of ruckus inara and nando's attacks while getting healed by life rip.. as long as he can get headshots, tyra can do the same .)

if i were a main tank or support... i would go and see what damage/flank chars i can play and go for those. unless they change the game/balance there is no point to playing tank/support.
    The thing is, it really comes to play whether your teammates are doing their job. For example, if the enemy team has area denial champions such as Drogoz or Willo, why not ask your flanks to focus them?

As to 1v1 frontlines, that might be true in some occasions but it doesn't always happen. I rarely see a flank outdamaging a frontliner (keep in mind I'm talking about the same skill-level here).

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Wow just so much bad advice and untrue statements. Double Frontline has an edge over single tank. Love to see these solo tanks who can contest the point against two tanks.

It takes a lot of skill to play frontline. Most people are so stupid and overconfident they think frontlining means dying on the point or holding up Fernandos shield the entire time. I notice MrInanis there has virtually no frontline experience despite playing over 1300 matches. The game doesn't need more damage players.

People don't want to think and they don't want to help others. That's why people snap pick damage and flank every time. It's a mindset of entering a team game and only playing for yourself. These people who snap pick flank every time then cry when the healer doesn't heal them halfway across the map but have never played healers themselves.

I agree there should be incentives to play tank and healer.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironplushy View Post

It takes a lot of skill to play frontline. Most people are so stupid and overconfident they think frontlining means dying on the point or holding up Fernandos shield the entire time. I notice MrInanis there has virtually no frontline experience despite playing over 1300 matches. The game doesn't need more damage players.
    w/e skills a tank needs to play it doesnt matter.. it is not the point of the OP, his point was that there is no people playing tanks, imho that is because:

-HiRez nerfing at least 1 (sometimes 2) tanks every patch since OB 44
    -wrecker and cuterize killing tank defence and healing
    -increase of anti tank champs/area denial
    -no insentive to actually go tank (why play a "tank" that dies in 5 seconds?)

as you said i dont play tank much,, but i have eyes.. i can see it is an issue and i know because those are the reasons why I DONT PLAY TANK.. im not masochistic enought to play a tank in the current situation of the game. why i would play tank when a drogoz can just queue up salvo use ult and insta kill a tank , then fly up and use salvo to kill the other tank (if tolv)? or a willow can just spam her Q and do 5k damage in the area im supposed to stand in every 10 secs (not even mentioning her cauterize lvl 4)? .. or a BK can just use his 8 sec cd grumpy bomb and drop all my shields? and force me every 8 secs to either leave the point or die.

the objective of a tank is to be a bullet sponge so more fragile champs can do damage (defend) and to stand in the point to cap (objective)... well ANYONE can stay in the point.. and faster champs are even better since they can get out of the area from aoes/dodge ults.. and being a sponge to bullets? lol with the nerf to blast shields/heaven and the damager buffs of wrecker and cauterize a tank is somewhat sturdier than a damager (they just got more hp) .. imho the tradeoff isnt worth it.

is true there should be and incentive to play tank but gold/gems? what about making the gameplay its own incentive? not having the tanks get 3 shotted by a flank/ damager or 2 shot by a HS kinessa or dying in 10 secs from most damagers? imho they should revert the haven/blast shiekld nerfs and lower cauterize % across all tiers along iwith nerfing willow' caute lvl 4 skill.

PS: yeah i like playing damage.. i even play support.. so why i want better tanks? cus i play objective.. i WANT/need better tanks: i dont want another CoD-clone with cartoony chars and speacial weapons that degenerates into bumb rushing the other team while only 1 champ (if any) is on the objective.... so yeah i would rather they buffed tanks and supports if that makes the game more interesting.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Your lack of tank experience shows as many players think their purpose is to die on the point. I just went 30-4 with 68K damage as fernando in ranked. 194K shielding and 225 point time. There is far more to tanking then getting shot. You have to be simultaneously predatory and protective. See their healer getting low? Dash past their line and flank them. see a tyra too close to a grumpy bomb? pop your shield and arc towards her since she has no escape. See your healer getting bullied off the point? make sure they have a safe escape. One of Fernando's biggest jobs is splashing cauterize onto their entire team. If it's two tanks against one he can take on a more flanking/interference roll diving their backline. From the last match I saw repeatedly how people underestimate a tank's burst damage. Yeah it's no victor, but dash, into fireball, into endless cauterize has dropped many players who tried to flank out.
    If you think the purpose of a frontline is to stand on the point with their shield up, you'll never be good. I also have a diamond ranked ruckus, and theres a huge difference between an average ruckus and great ruckus. Baiting people into overcommitting then popping your shield and emitter. Just flanking the point with your ultimate instead of using it to maintain control. using your dash to hunt other players. And hes great at spreading cauterize. Take his aerial legendary and see how he plays on serpent beach using the high ground.
    I would say tank is the most high octane class because there's literally 6+ people on the point trying to take control and you're in the middle of it and if you don't retreat/shield yourself/commit/circle around at the right times you'll lose. You're right in the middle of the action battering people and being battered.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    "Why no one picks tank?" A: Because it's slow and doesn't do anymore damage than any other char.

Member Baronet
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironplushy View Post
    Your lack of tank experience shows as many players think their purpose is to die on the point. I just went 30-4 with 68K damage as fernando in ranked. 194K shielding and 225 point time. There is far more to tanking then getting shot. You have to be simultaneously predatory and protective. See their healer getting low? Dash past their line and flank them. see a tyra too close to a grumpy bomb? pop your shield and arc towards her since she has no escape. See your healer getting bullied off the point? make sure they have a safe escape. One of Fernando's biggest jobs is splashing cauterize onto their entire team. If it's two tanks against one he can take on a more flanking/interference roll diving their backline. From the last match I saw repeatedly how people underestimate a tank's burst damage. Yeah it's no victor, but dash, into fireball, into endless cauterize has dropped many players who tried to flank out.
    If you think the purpose of a frontline is to stand on the point with their shield up, you'll never be good. I also have a diamond ranked ruckus, and theres a huge difference between an average ruckus and great ruckus. Baiting people into overcommitting then popping your shield and emitter. Just flanking the point with your ultimate instead of using it to maintain control. using your dash to hunt other players. And hes great at spreading cauterize. Take his aerial legendary and see how he plays on serpent beach using the high ground.
    I would say tank is the most high octane class because there's literally 6+ people on the point trying to take control and you're in the middle of it and if you don't retreat/shield yourself/commit/circle around at the right times you'll lose. You're right in the middle of the action battering people and being battered.

What you said is wrong, no one said what you said. And say that when you are facing 5 equal or higher rank then you, the frontlines will go down almost like water.

Member Baronet
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrInanis View Post
    w/e skills a tank needs to play it doesnt matter.. it is not the point of the OP, his point was that there is no people playing tanks, imho that is because:

-HiRez nerfing at least 1 (sometimes 2) tanks every patch since OB 44
    -wrecker and cuterize killing tank defence and healing
    -increase of anti tank champs/area denial
    -no insentive to actually go tank (why play a "tank" that dies in 5 seconds?)

as you said i dont play tank much,, but i have eyes.. i can see it is an issue and i know because those are the reasons why I DONT PLAY TANK.. im not masochistic enought to play a tank in the current situation of the game. why i would play tank when a drogoz can just queue up salvo use ult and insta kill a tank , then fly up and use salvo to kill the other tank (if tolv)? or a willow can just spam her Q and do 5k damage in the area im supposed to stand in every 10 secs (not even mentioning her cauterize lvl 4)? .. or a BK can just use his 8 sec cd grumpy bomb and drop all my shields? and force me every 8 secs to either leave the point or die.

the objective of a tank is to be a bullet sponge so more fragile champs can do damage (defend) and to stand in the point to cap (objective)... well ANYONE can stay in the point.. and faster champs are even better since they can get out of the area from aoes/dodge ults.. and being a sponge to bullets? lol with the nerf to blast shields/heaven and the damager buffs of wrecker and cauterize a tank is somewhat sturdier than a damager (they just got more hp) .. imho the tradeoff isnt worth it.

is true there should be and incentive to play tank but gold/gems? what about making the gameplay its own incentive? not having the tanks get 3 shotted by a flank/ damager or 2 shot by a HS kinessa or dying in 10 secs from most damagers? imho they should revert the haven/blast shiekld nerfs and lower cauterize % across all tiers along iwith nerfing willow' caute lvl 4 skill.

PS: yeah i like playing damage.. i even play support.. so why i want better tanks? cus i play objective.. i WANT/need better tanks: i dont want another CoD-clone with cartoony chars and speacial weapons that degenerates into bumb rushing the other team while only 1 champ (if any) is on the objective.... so yeah i would rather they buffed tanks and supports if that makes the game more interesting.

around 80% of what you said is correct, this is why more and more hardcore people like me are leaving.

You are one of the few logical people on Paladins like me.