Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: You nerf Ying's healing, so I tried a bomb Ying - and it worked!

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger Second Class
    I find that you aren't usually hitting even one person with your clones. I play Ying pretty safe, so maybe it's only because I keep her clones further back. Focusing Lens is so much more reliable than Resonance though. Maybe the enemies will happen to be standing near an illusion as it expires, maybe they will happen to shoot a clone near them. You can easily and reliably get off extra 200 damage, which isn't mitigated by blast shields or haven, I'm pretty sure.

If it's a smaller point like Jaguar Falls or Brightmarsh, maybe Resonance is better, but overall Focusing Lens gives you higher burst, unexpected kills and a better tool to focus down enemies because Resonance has a cooldown, and the illusions can't move spots. I don't count shatter, because they move like 5 feet and it rarely does anything.

Focusing Lens allows Ying to move more freely and apply damage where it needs to go, not just where it ends up going. A lot of Resonance damage ends up being healed away, but you know that Focusing Lens won't be if you keep targeting someone.

Not to mention Focusing Lens can apply cauterise.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

Asking the real questions: Why does Maeve - THE FRENCH CHARACTER - HAVE AN IRISH NAME?!?!?!
    THIS IS THE PRIME EXAMPLE OF "HI-REZ" LOGIC
    MAKE SURE TO CALL THE NEXT ITALIAN CHARACTER HAMISH WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

Senpai Noticed Me!!!

#BALANCEPCANDCONSOLESEPARATELY

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    You can run cauterize just as much running Resonance though.

And the safe playstyle explains it. You're using your F a bit more aggressively with Res Ying-- You're not just sitting in the back so much.

And with moving Illusions with Shatter-- Remember that you're running Rewind for the build. You could have a clone mispositioned to the side of a point, and another mispositioned somewhere in mid, shatter, both will move toward point, and then you can do the dimlink chain to move them and respawn them in position, and deal damage at the same time.

Position your clones as if they were grumpy bombs that can heal your team- you'll get the most of their zoning and healing this way.

I don't think it's possible to convince you that it works by talking about how much it works even at high level though.
    I just encourage you to try it. It's a different playstyle than normal Ying, much more active, much less passive, so it could take time to get used to, but it's incredibly impactful-- Ying has been my go-to support ever since I realized you could run her this way because I can top heal the game and carry my team at the same time, instead of just healing a bit and staying alive.
    Kinessa > Evie >Makoa > MalDamba
    2273 Hours on Team Fortress 2
    937 Hours (And counting) on Paladins
    551 Hours on League of Legends
    464 Hours on Borderlands 2
    200 Hours on Overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueRifler View Post
    Playing against Sha Lin feels like someone turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger Second Class
    I mean I have tried it, and when legendaries were first announced this is the one I was most excited for.

The thing I dislike about it is that it seems so much more static. You can either have all your heals and damage on the point/tanks, or try and keep everyone alive but have little impact with Resonance.

Maybe it does work, and I've just happened to see someone carry as it in my game so far.

I've been to hasty to write it off as another Surprise Attack or Recycler, but maybe Resonance does have it's place.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

Asking the real questions: Why does Maeve - THE FRENCH CHARACTER - HAVE AN IRISH NAME?!?!?!
    THIS IS THE PRIME EXAMPLE OF "HI-REZ" LOGIC
    MAKE SURE TO CALL THE NEXT ITALIAN CHARACTER HAMISH WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

Senpai Noticed Me!!!

#BALANCEPCANDCONSOLESEPARATELY

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    If its working, then its overpowered. End of discussion.
    Speed Enthusiast

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    AW but I want to BY with you while getting top heals D:
    Support: Grover Ying Seris Jenos

Tank: Makoa Torv Inara

Damage: Tyra Kinessa Sha Lin

Flank: Skye Talus (maybe in future?)

Ranked Frames =/= Skill Levels
    #MakeGroverSupportViable
    #RevertTheYingNerfs
    #AddInDebuffCounter

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    It's only 500 damage, which when used against tanks like you're saying, isn't making much difference.
    No, it's 500 dmg PER ILLUSIONS (x 2) repeated 3 times in a row. Aka: 3000 dmg. Cooldown of 2 seconds, then repeat. Or with Chronos (or suitable loadout) even less.
    I am usually the one who kills Torvald/Ruckus/Fernando/and-so-on, eg: people with MAAAAAAAANY HP. Or stupid flank with one shoot. Moreover:
    1) the shatter dmg is AoE, so you are hitting multiple enemies, if in the area
    2) in the meanwhile, you are still using your LMB, so, add more dmg.

And please, to everyone, stop with the lie "if you use Resonance, you heal too less". I ALWAYS out-heal Lifelike Yings. You aren't shattering continuously, only when needed. And on top of that, you have ulti more often than a Moral Boost 3 Ying. All direct experience.

I find that you aren't usually hitting even one person with your clones. I play Ying pretty safe, so maybe it's only because I keep her clones further back.
    And that's why they can evade your illusion. But the reason is: because you aren't placing the illusions right for a Bomb-Ying. Of course it's a total different play-style and you can't pretend to be successful in Bomb-Ying, while playing as a pure healing Ying.

Not to mention Focusing Lens can apply cauterise.
    LMB the enemy being "shattered": Cauterize still working, but you're dealing a lot more dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    So, after spending months declaring continuously that it doesn't work, now you say "if it works, it's OP" (as if "so it should be removed").
    Darling, no one wants to force you in playing Bomb Ying: you can play with her with your favorite play-style. But this a priori stance is a non sense.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Help Devs balancing the game! >>>Here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Arkesntar, clean your inbox!

Member Sovereign Prince GaoShun's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I only tried bomb Ying a few times (actually thanks to this thread) but yesterday the funniest thing happened

- A Dragon Fury Drogoz ran to my bomb Ying clone and it blew up on his face and killed him - funny stuff

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    I only tried bomb Ying a few times (actually thanks to this thread) but yesterday the funniest thing happened

- A Dragon Fury Drogoz ran to my bomb Ying clone and it blew up on his face and killed him - funny stuff
    *High-five*
    Support: Grover Ying Seris Jenos

Tank: Makoa Torv Inara

Damage: Tyra Kinessa Sha Lin

Flank: Skye Talus (maybe in future?)

Ranked Frames =/= Skill Levels
    #MakeGroverSupportViable
    #RevertTheYingNerfs
    #AddInDebuffCounter

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    "BombYing? What a disgrace, blow away peasant" BK (2017)

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post

Yeah, I love these moments too.

And I usually facepalm when the Drogoz of my team does such a stupid thing (meaning: activating his ult on low health).

LEVEL 15 IS NOT AN ADEQUATE THRESHOLD FOR RANKED

DISCUSSION ABOUT RANKED 2.0 PROBLEMS

NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE USED TO BE COMPLETELY SUPERIOR WHEN I GOT INTO THE GAME

LET ME KNOW WHEN HIREZ FIXED THE GAME

"Game Industry Executives Are Fucking Idiots"
    - Jim Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    They really need us to buy skins and shizzle
    "Being confronted with loot boxes as soon as you load the game is a sad sign of the times though"
    - John Bain