Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: You nerf Ying's healing, so I tried a bomb Ying - and it worked!

  1. #21
    Member Marquess Peinzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    896
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,829, Level: 78
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    I find that you aren't usually hitting even one person with your clones. I play Ying pretty safe, so maybe it's only because I keep her clones further back. Focusing Lens is so much more reliable than Resonance though. Maybe the enemies will happen to be standing near an illusion as it expires, maybe they will happen to shoot a clone near them. You can easily and reliably get off extra 200 damage, which isn't mitigated by blast shields or haven, I'm pretty sure.

    If it's a smaller point like Jaguar Falls or Brightmarsh, maybe Resonance is better, but overall Focusing Lens gives you higher burst, unexpected kills and a better tool to focus down enemies because Resonance has a cooldown, and the illusions can't move spots. I don't count shatter, because they move like 5 feet and it rarely does anything.

    Focusing Lens allows Ying to move more freely and apply damage where it needs to go, not just where it ends up going. A lot of Resonance damage ends up being healed away, but you know that Focusing Lens won't be if you keep targeting someone.

    Not to mention Focusing Lens can apply cauterise.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdante14CO View Post
    I say the facts, facts are facts. I don't kiss ass I say what it is, if something is op I say it.
    #RIPYING

    #RIPDARKRAI

    CHINA - Donald Trump


    #COVFEFE

    #BALANCEPCANDCONSOLESEPARATELY

  2. #22
    Member Marquess Nudgarrobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    771
    Level
    100
    Points: 32,914, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    You can run cauterize just as much running Resonance though.

    And the safe playstyle explains it. You're using your F a bit more aggressively with Res Ying-- You're not just sitting in the back so much.

    And with moving Illusions with Shatter-- Remember that you're running Rewind for the build. You could have a clone mispositioned to the side of a point, and another mispositioned somewhere in mid, shatter, both will move toward point, and then you can do the dimlink chain to move them and respawn them in position, and deal damage at the same time.

    Position your clones as if they were grumpy bombs that can heal your team- you'll get the most of their zoning and healing this way.

    I don't think it's possible to convince you that it works by talking about how much it works even at high level though.
    I just encourage you to try it. It's a different playstyle than normal Ying, much more active, much less passive, so it could take time to get used to, but it's incredibly impactful-- Ying has been my go-to support ever since I realized you could run her this way because I can top heal the game and carry my team at the same time, instead of just healing a bit and staying alive.
    Kinessa > Evie >Makoa > MalDamba
    2273 Hours on Team Fortress 2
    937 Hours (And counting) on Paladins
    551 Hours on League of Legends
    464 Hours on Borderlands 2
    200 Hours on Overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueRifler View Post
    Playing against Sha Lin feels like someone turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.

  3. #23
    Member Marquess Peinzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    896
    Level
    78
    Points: 14,829, Level: 78
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    I mean I have tried it, and when legendaries were first announced this is the one I was most excited for.

    The thing I dislike about it is that it seems so much more static. You can either have all your heals and damage on the point/tanks, or try and keep everyone alive but have little impact with Resonance.

    Maybe it does work, and I've just happened to see someone carry as it in my game so far.

    I've been to hasty to write it off as another Surprise Attack or Recycler, but maybe Resonance does have it's place.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdante14CO View Post
    I say the facts, facts are facts. I don't kiss ass I say what it is, if something is op I say it.
    #RIPYING

    #RIPDARKRAI

    CHINA - Donald Trump


    #COVFEFE

    #BALANCEPCANDCONSOLESEPARATELY

  4. #24
    Member Grand Prince CandySuxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨ (,,#゚Д゚) (◕‿◕✿)
    Posts
    3,207
    Level
    100
    Points: 103,586, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    If its working, then its overpowered. End of discussion.

    For all those who have left us,
    and those who were forced to leave.

  5. #25
    Member Marquess TouFuub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    800
    Level
    95
    Points: 24,602, Level: 95
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 748
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    If its working, then its overpowered. End of discussion.
    AW but I want to BY with you while getting top heals D:
    Support: (D) Grover (D) Ying (P)Seris

    Tank: Makoa Torv Inara

    Damage: Tyra Kinessa Sha Lin

    Flank: Skye Zhin (maybe in future?)

    My stats:
    http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/TouFuub
    https://masterpaladins.com/profile/3...0313/champions
    https://mypaladins.com/player/5794649/toufuub/
    GIVE GROVER'S 300 HEALTH BACK RN

    #UnnerfSkye
    #UnnerfGrover
    #ReverseTheYingNerfs
    #AddInDebuffCounter

  6. #26
    Member Archduke Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,823
    Level
    100
    Points: 48,810, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    It's only 500 damage, which when used against tanks like you're saying, isn't making much difference.
    No, it's 500 dmg PER ILLUSIONS (x 2) repeated 3 times in a row. Aka: 3000 dmg. Cooldown of 2 seconds, then repeat. Or with Chronos (or suitable loadout) even less.
    I am usually the one who kills Torvald/Ruckus/Fernando/and-so-on, eg: people with MAAAAAAAANY HP. Or stupid flank with one shoot. Moreover:
    1) the shatter dmg is AoE, so you are hitting multiple enemies, if in the area
    2) in the meanwhile, you are still using your LMB, so, add more dmg.

    And please, to everyone, stop with the lie "if you use Resonance, you heal too less". I ALWAYS out-heal Lifelike Yings. You aren't shattering continuously, only when needed. And on top of that, you have ulti more often than a Moral Boost 3 Ying. All direct experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    I find that you aren't usually hitting even one person with your clones. I play Ying pretty safe, so maybe it's only because I keep her clones further back.
    And that's why they can evade your illusion. But the reason is: because you aren't placing the illusions right for a Bomb-Ying. Of course it's a total different play-style and you can't pretend to be successful in Bomb-Ying, while playing as a pure healing Ying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    Not to mention Focusing Lens can apply cauterise.
    LMB the enemy being "shattered": Cauterize still working, but you're dealing a lot more dmg.

    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    If its working, then its overpowered. End of discussion.
    So, after spending months declaring continuously that it doesn't work, now you say "if it works, it's OP" (as if "so it should be removed").
    Darling, no one wants to force you in playing Bomb Ying: you can play with her with your favorite play-style. But this a priori stance is a non sense.
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look here! Some useful answers.

  7. #27
    Member Viscount
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    423
    Level
    44
    Points: 4,769, Level: 44
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    I only tried bomb Ying a few times (actually thanks to this thread) but yesterday the funniest thing happened

    - A Dragon Fury Drogoz ran to my bomb Ying clone and it blew up on his face and killed him - funny stuff

  8. #28
    Member Marquess TouFuub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    800
    Level
    95
    Points: 24,602, Level: 95
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 748
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    I only tried bomb Ying a few times (actually thanks to this thread) but yesterday the funniest thing happened

    - A Dragon Fury Drogoz ran to my bomb Ying clone and it blew up on his face and killed him - funny stuff
    *High-five*
    Support: (D) Grover (D) Ying (P)Seris

    Tank: Makoa Torv Inara

    Damage: Tyra Kinessa Sha Lin

    Flank: Skye Zhin (maybe in future?)

    My stats:
    http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/TouFuub
    https://masterpaladins.com/profile/3...0313/champions
    https://mypaladins.com/player/5794649/toufuub/
    GIVE GROVER'S 300 HEALTH BACK RN

    #UnnerfSkye
    #UnnerfGrover
    #ReverseTheYingNerfs
    #AddInDebuffCounter

  9. #29
    Member Sovereign Prince
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,143
    Level
    91
    Points: 21,119, Level: 91
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4
    "BombYing? What a disgrace, blow away peasant" BK (2017)

  10. #30
    Member Baron GermanGarbage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    302
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,548, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    I only tried bomb Ying a few times (actually thanks to this thread) but yesterday the funniest thing happened

    - A Dragon Fury Drogoz ran to my bomb Ying clone and it blew up on his face and killed him - funny stuff
    Yeah, I love these moments too.

    And I usually facepalm when the Drogoz of my team does such a stupid thing (meaning: activating his ult on low health).

    Mains:
    Damage: Cassie (who else?)
    Flank: Androxus
    Front Line: Ruckus/Barik (a mech and an engineer? kinda fit together)
    Support: Snake/Seris (the SS of Paladins?)

    YOU MUST CARRY ON MY BOOTY

    R.I.P. EVIE I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •