• Useless

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Full Competitive Guide

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3

[GUIDE] Competitive Guide (Now for Ranked 2.0!)

Hello members of the forums, I thought that making a full guide to Paladins's Competitive game-mode would help a lot of players.
    (Ranked 2.0 has got me pissed because now I have to rewrite this)
    You can find all this here: OB56 but I will explain this to you.

Ok, let's start now

First of all, to be in competitive, you must be at least player level 15 with at least 12 characters (that is at least 7 bought characters) and there is no level/mastery requirement for any of these champions).

Provisional Games
    In Ranked 2.0, you must play fifteen (15) games before you are placed into a tier.
    These games will determine the tier you will start in.

Tiers
    Next, there are seven (7) tiers.
    To understand these tiers and divisions, please view the following
    Too blurry? Click here
    Too blurry? Click here

Everything is explained in the images, except for Decay and TP (triumph points), which brings us to our next topic.

TP
    You earn TP for winning, and lose TP for losing.
    100 TP is needed to be promoted to the next division of your tier, or the next tier.
    When you get promoted, your TP is reset to 0.
    The extra points you had in the last division or tier will carry over to your current division or tier.
    Great performance may let you skip divisions when promoted.
    When you lose a game at 0 TP, you will be demoted. However, you can't be demoted until you play five (5) games in your division.
    When you are demoted, you start at 70 TP in your division.
    Also, all tiers Gold V above get something called decay. IF you don't play, your TP will slowly go away, a bit at a time. However, you can't decay past Gold V.
    Quote Originally Posted by missy20201 View Post

After not playing for two weeks, you begin to lose two TP per day until you play comp again. This is not affected by logging in, or playing any other game mode (which is what I've been doing for the past two and a half weeks, casual and bots when I have bad wifi). And it's two consistently -- I let it go for a few days, and the amount has not jumped up after x days of TP loss.
    Partying
    Bronze to Platinum players can now make a five-person party with others in Bronze to Platinum.
    Players in Diamond to Grandmaster can only duo-queue, meaning they can only play with one other person.
    Diamond Players can party with players in Platinum to Grandmaster.
    Players in Grandmaster and Master can only party with players in Diamond to Grandmaster.

Rewards
    For Season 1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezAlyssa View Post

As you play ranked you may receive special rewards exclusive to the ranked season.
    • Qualify for Ranked to receive a loading frame that displays your highest reached division in the current split.
    • Qualify for Ranked to receive a Champion Skin Chest Roll.
    • Play 25 Competitive games to receive a Weapon Chest Roll.
    • Reach the Gold 5 Division to receive the Epic Drogoz Skin Set: Terrormorph.
    • Win 100 Competitive games to receive the Epic Drogoz Weapon: Terrormorph’s Maw.
    • Win 200 Competitive games to receive the “Forged in Battle” title.
    • End the Season placed in Grandmaster or in the top 3 spots of any Champion Leaderboard to receive Crystals as a reward.
    Too blurry? Click here

Picking Champions:
    Competitive's champion drafting system is quite different from the casual mode's picking. First of all, there can only be one of each champion in the entire match. The drafting system goes like this: one team (let's say Team A) gets first pick and chooses a ban (the team that gets first pick is picked randomly), then the next team (Team B) also chooses a ban and gets two picks, Team A gets two more picks, Team B gets two more picks, Team A gets two more picks, and finally, Team B gets the last pick. The order of who picks on your team is by your Comp rating (thanks to xlDADDYlTRUMPlx)
    Quote Originally Posted by xlDADDYlTRUMPlx View Post
    Another feature: Pick order is determined by overall competitive ELO. Highest ELO gets first pick in the draft.
    Also, note that all new characters are banned in competitive for, I believe, 2 weeks.

Strategy
    • Now, let's talk about strategy.
    • Banning can change the game. Make sure that you know who is good on what maps, so you know who to ban.
    • Double tanks is the meta. It is very rare that you see a single tank beat a double tank. However, in my experience, don't triple tank unless you need to. I don't know why, but it just doesn't work.
    • Play OP champions. Jenos, Lian, Zhin, Viktor, Tyra etc.
    • Items can also change the game! Taking resilience for a BK or Mal Damba, Wrecker for tanks, and basically Cauterize for any healer!

Also to mention, unlike the last competitive, frames and TP is per player and not per champion

Thank you for taking your time to read this post, and I hope this will help you out.
    If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comment section below.
    Last edited by Borvik; 09-09-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Rest in peace my Master Maeve, nr 62 in the leaderboard. Same with all my lost diamonds
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 25000 Experience Points
    Cool.
    . . . . .
    Flanker with Maeve
    Steam Account
    Unofficial forum discord server
    My Maeve artwork album
    I'm NOT german! Stop asking!

I will remember my Master Maeve all my life.

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EinMeister View Post
    Cool.
    . . . . .
    Thanks man.
    My hope for this thread is to help people, and to get it to pop up on first page of google.

Member Sovereign Prince Hexadermia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    The part about provisional games needs to be known by more people. I occasionally get people who tell my other teammates to get out of comp if you don't have a platinum emblem, but then you can't get that emblem without playing comp in the first place.
    "You have made Fernando angrrie. I SHALL RENDER YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR SHOULDERS!!"
    Mains:
    Frontlines: Fernando, Field Study Torv
    Healers: Seris, Bomb ying and Damba

#BuffRuckusAndShaLinsFaces

Heading for Diamond V. Completed!!!
    Heading for Diamond I

Diamond V

Godammit, buff your rank requirements,

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Provisional Games:
    If you're a new player and look at a champion in your profile (or a moderately experienced player), you will see something called Provisional Games, these are games you must play in competitive before your champion rating and frame are displayed. You have five of these for every champion and are separate for all champions. You can still win and lose rating while playing these games, but it won't be displayed.
    Thank you for explaining this! I never knew when the frames would appear before. So this means that the first 5 provisional games will define your champions frame?

If so, RIP my dreams of having a diamond seris
    "THAT'S IT, YES! IT'S COMING TO ME NOW!... you are an imbecile."- Seris 2017

Mains:
    Support: Ying, Seris, Jenos
    Frontliner: Barik, Fernando, Torvald
    Damage: Viktor, Tyra
    Flanker: Zhin

PM me your paladins "fan art"

Be back in a few months. This opportunity won't last, gotta go work on it while I can.
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Quote Originally Posted by EnKrYan View Post
    Thank you for explaining this! I never knew when the frames would appear before. So this means that the first 5 provisional games will define your champions frame?

If so, RIP my dreams of having a diamond seris
    Support main? If so, please queue with me :d (No one fking picks support)

In exchange, I'll show you my Evie skills.
    When half the population of a society gets offended by words, phrases or opinions, I don't view them as degenerates or snowflakes. I view them as opportunity.

Time for me to go work on this "opportunity" and get some easy $$$, talk to you guys later forum members. Will be back in a few months.

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    As long as my ying stays at lvl 12+ (borders might be invisible in casuals in the near future)
    DID YOU KNOW THAT IM A FAN OF CARAVAN PALACE AND SIAMÉS?

Be back in a few months. This opportunity won't last, gotta go work on it while I can.
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Quote Originally Posted by MistPeeps View Post
    As long as my ying stays at lvl 12+ (borders might be invisible in casuals in the near future)
    Support main? If so, please queue with me :d
    When half the population of a society gets offended by words, phrases or opinions, I don't view them as degenerates or snowflakes. I view them as opportunity.

Time for me to go work on this "opportunity" and get some easy $$$, talk to you guys later forum members. Will be back in a few months.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points
    I'll refer to this thread once i ever head back to competitive. Maybe the OB49 patch adjustment to rank may make this page popular!

Good stuff! Put this on steam guides: it'll bring in more traffic!
    EVERYTHING AFTER OB 50 SUCKS. Except 52, 55, and 56. I KNEW YOU WELL, TORVALD...
    My opinion on champion switching, godammit.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzzy, about buffing Skye
    In short, Skye's butt needs more veritcal movement, but less damage capability.
    Strong advocator for Ying in a Nurse outfit.
    ~PALADOODLES~
    My Fan-art thread! (SFM EDITION RELEASED)

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOthell159 View Post
    Support main? If so, please queue with me :d (No one fking picks support)
    I wouldn't necessarily consider myself as a support main, its just that almost EVERY game I play has people who instalock damagers/flankers and say "go support pls" in the lobby chat.

I also have 2k casual elo and 1.5k comp elo, so i think it's better off I not queue with pros like you xD

In exchange, I'll show you my Evie skills.
    I'd be honored, dear sir/madam.
    "THAT'S IT, YES! IT'S COMING TO ME NOW!... you are an imbecile."- Seris 2017

Mains:
    Support: Ying, Seris, Jenos
    Frontliner: Barik, Fernando, Torvald
    Damage: Viktor, Tyra
    Flanker: Zhin

PM me your paladins "fan art"