View Poll Results: Do you like Iron Head ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • METAL FOR LIFE !

2 22.22%
  • Look cool but need a bit of work.

1 11.11%
  • Meh, don't really fit in the Paladins theme.

5 55.56%
  • I HATE METAL !

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Champion Idea] (Support) Iron Head

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class

Lightbulb [Champion Idea] (Support) Iron Head

Yo everyone, I came with an idea for a Support Champion so let me present it to you.

Character:

Name: Iron Head
    Title: The Metal Head
    Class: Support

Description: An old Celtic metal guitarist. (Celtic cause I think it fits best Paladins universe.)
    Design: Bald, black sunglasses, goatie/beard (redhead), open black leather jacket without sleeves with grey tee-shirt, visible tatoo on right arm (Celtic cross and a Valkyrie), beer belly, Guitar carry bag on his back, black/silver rocker belt, black used jean with some holes, Rock boots/rangers.
    Character personality: Lound, Rude, Vulgar, Nostalgic of his time; Biker/Rocker attitude in other words.

Base model :

The base model of Iron Head would rather look like the picture, just need to add few details and make a more "fantasy look" but nothing very complicated also I think the base model pretty design him completely just need to add the celtic touch to be visible and indeed the guitar.
    (Yes, this is Dusty of The Midnight Riders from Left4Dead2)
    [Not my work also]

Species: Human
    Nationality accent: Irish

Lore/Backstory : A famous guitarist back in his younger days, Iron head was the lead guitarist of one of the best metal group (The Ironclads) and the best guitarist in whole Crosswind. But today, it isn't as it was back in the day, many have forgotten the golden age of the Ironclads which was 15 years ago. Iron head fed up about the rising of sh$||# music like he would say, decide to retake his guitar, old clothes (might not fit lol) to feel again that feeling he have never forgotten and would love to feel again. Iron head join the Tournament as a tribute to the Ironclads, to make the legendary guitarist live again and give a hell of a show.

Abilities :

Hp: 2500 HP
    Color of abilities: Black/White/Grey
    Weapon: Electric Guitar powered by magic rock (I guess)
    Weapon mechanics: Guitar that create sounds waves when played.
    Weapon work like Grohk Lightning stick and Fernando flamethrower
    If the weapon overheat Iron head won't be able to use it for 3 sec. Leaving only his mobility ability.

LMB : Sonic wave
    Iron head play his guitar in rythme with your clicking, short press will shoot small but fast sonic wave which deal 150 damages but if you charge it for 1,5 sec, the wave will be slower but bigger deals 300 damage + 200 explosive damage if it collide with a player or a surface. The explosion effect is like a sticky bomb from Bomb King.The speed of a fast Sonic wave is equal to a Cassie arrows; a charged Sonic wave speed will be equal to Drogoz spit speed. Take in mind more you play your guitar more faster will it be for it to overheat. A rapid fire overheat the guitar of 5% and a charged fire overheat of 10%. No cooldown.

Q : Private concert

Iron head will play a music for the team when Private concert being activated Iron head will turn 1 of his 4 Guitar tuning keys 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Green. Each guitar tuning keys activate a temporary boost for 5 sec.
    - Yellow: Give allies a 15% speed boost for 5 seconds
    - Red: Give allies a 15% damage boost for 5 seconds
    - Blue: Give allies a 15% damage reduction for 5 seconds (work for both types of damages)
    - Green: Give allies 15% of their max health every second for 5 second
    Those boost only activate near Iron head. Area effect of the boost is very slightly larger than a control point. Private concert boost are totally random and have a 20 sec cooldown. Private concert stop if Iron head attack or if the Guitar overheat. Colorful notes will be next to Iron head to let you know what boost is activated. The guitar will overheat of 50% for the complete duration of private concert ( in other words the guitar will overheat of 10% every 1 sec).

F : Rockstar Slide

Iron head does one of his famous Rockstar Slide and goes forward (a bit like Lex slide move but with another animation.)
    If you hit someone while you slide you'll hurt them of 50 hp and slow them down for 2 second.
    Bonus damage: You get a 100 bonus damage if you Sonic Blast someone while sliding.
    You can also do Sonic wave and Private concert when sliding. Cooldown of 3 sec.

RMB : Sonic blast

Iron head violently wipe all the strings of his guitar in 1 move causing a blast, that blast throw out enemy back. Sonic blast also reflect every projectile coming in the blast. Reflecting projectiles goes in the direction you aim the blast. Reflecting projectile can still hurt your teammates if they touch them. Sonic blast overheat the guitar of 33% per use. No cooldown.

E : Mega Feedback

Ult call to enemy : LET ME HEAR YOU !
    Ult call to allies: SHOWTIME !

Iron head pull out 6 big amplifier and then play 3 notes 1 small, 1 medium, 1 big to charge his guitar with energy before turning back to the Amplifier and then releasing all the energy in the Amplifiers which explodes. The explosion of the amplifiers make a medium throw back to enemies hurt them between 0 and 500 depending on how close they were from the amplifiers and destroy every projectiles around. Enemies in the area get Deaf for 5 second. Enemies will get deaf if they stand in the area of effect when the amplifiers explodes (area of effect is like Maeve ult). Deaf players make them unable to hear voicechat and also unable them to hear ULT call and damage taken sounds.

Legendaries cards :

- Solo killer : Your guitar overheats are all reduced by 30%.
    - Rockstar: The range of effect of private concert is reduced but give an additionnal 5% effectiveness on every boost.
    - Showstopper : Sonic blast now goes in every direction and destroy every projectiles instead of reflecting them.

Special features

Iron head have a special feature when he use the voice chat, like I said earlier Iron head is pretty vulgar so he will swear a lot of time and not in the nice way. So everytime he's ready to say a bad word. The word will be replaced by a huge beep.

Example:

VVGQ: "How about you, shut it down for a sec ?!"
    VVGS : "AH, FU...BEEP!!"
    VVGT : "ShhhhhBeep"
    VVS : "Beep happens"
    VAE : "Attack the payload GODBEEP!!!"
    VDG: "Put your BIP on the point !"
    When he die : "You... litt...le BEEP"
    etc etc

VER : "You sure put a hell of a show"
    VEA : "ROCK AND ROLL !"
    VET : "What ?!... you want an autograph !?"
    VEG : "Like the ollld daaay !"
    VEJ : "You too heard those BEEP noise or I'm just crazy ?"

Default Emote: Iron Head does his famous rocking high kick but since is old he does it but hurt his back and put his hands on his back to calm the pain.

Emote 1 (Smashing): Iron Head play his guitar but the string of his guitar suddendly broke up, Iron head try to repair it for a few seconds but can't do it. He then violently smash the guitar on the floor and pick another one in his guitar carry bag.

Emote 2 (Fear): Iron Head take off his sunglasses and do that Undertaker taunt (the one where his eyes are blank and he pull his tongue out when he mimic slicing his throat) he then put his sunglasses while grinning.

Victory pose: Iron head look down and raise both his hands in the air doing the famous rocking sign.
    ( The one with raising only your Index and Pinky finger while your thumbs cover both of your Middle and Ring fingers.)

Rude voice line can only be activated 2 times in a row and have a 10 sec cooldown to avoid mean/rude spam.

And that's all for me, give me your feedback if he feel op or not or if you just don't like the special feature.
    Last edited by Repizify; 05-01-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince PWNDdotcom's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm not sure that a rock star Champion fits in the theme of Paladins. There was a baseball player champion a while back that everyone quickly shut down.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Actually, I think it could work if we look at Evie troublemaker skin she look like a punk which mean she love punk. Musician fits pretty well in fantasy game I know they are usually bards or other things but I think a Rockstar could actully work if he look celtic enought.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Repizify View Post
    Actually, I think it could work if we look at Evie troublemaker skin she look like a punk which mean she love punk. Musician fits pretty well in fantasy game I know they are usually bards or other things but I think a Rockstar could actully work if he look celtic enought.
    Troublemaker is a skin. Skins go against the theme of Paladins. Would you say the same thing about Cuddly or Plushy Makoa?

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    Troublemaker is a skin. Skins go against the theme of Paladins. Would you say the same thing about Cuddly or Plushy Makoa?
    Didn't think about that, but I guess everything is possible in a fantasy game

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Repizify View Post
    Didn't think about that, but I guess everything is possible in a fantasy game
    Not really. There's a difference between Fantasy and Magical Realism. Your rocker is trending towards the latter.

Level
    Achievements:
    I've been looking for Magical realism and I understand your point but the problem is Paladins seem to be a mix of both Fantasy and magical realism. Let me explain it's fantasy for the Character ( Ying, Drogoz, Barik, Ruckus, Grohk etc...) but it's magical realism for the weapon look at Viktor Rifle or Tyra they hold bullet magazine nothing like magic related. Same things goes for Ruckus machine gun, Barik turret plasma bullet or Kinessa plasma rifle. All those champions gun use technology which is part of magical realism since it's a mix of real things irl and unreal things.

Iron head guitar is powered by magic exactly like Grohk Lightning stick even the guitar use the same rock but it's hidden inside the guitar.
    But let's move on to the abilities of Iron head I posted this thread for complete feedback after all. So tell me what you think about the abilities.

By the way I could continue to upgrade all the voice line and even the cards if I'm really inspired could also maybe rework the lore.

Level
    Achievements:
    Updated Iron Head lore, added some colors to make the reading a bit more dynamic (not complete), added few details about appearance and added a base model, added 2 emotes and corrected a bit of my grammar and few mispelled words. Still wait for an abilities feedback tho.

Level
    Achievements:
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    I personally don't like the idea of a rock star being in Paladins. I actually hate Evie's troublemaker skin even though I love Evie.

Good work putting it all together into a concept though, it's just not my thing.
    Check out my Youtube! All feedback is appreciated