Thread: Character Concept - Fluril The Inspired (Support)

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class

Character Concept - Fluril The Inspired (Support)

Hello! This is a character concept that's been floating around in my head for quite some time.

DESCRIPTION

The character concept I'm throwing out there today is a Bard. His main weapon is a guitar from which he plays a steady stream of music when he attacks. Don't have a lot of suggestion for the design, other than a male fantasy bard with sort of a steampunk rocker appearance. Perhaps he has a mechanical arm.

ABILITIES

Health: 2500

Left-Click: Crescendo - This is the character's main attack. It deals area damage in a 90-degree cone in front of him. It has 100 ammo and functions much like Fernando's Flame Lance; The character can only play his guitar for so long before his arm gets tired. The cone is 15 units long and deals 45 damage every 0.1s. Takes 2.5s to "reload".

Right-Click: Dissonance - Using this ability instantly deals 350 damage to all enemies within 40 units, stunning them for 1s. This ability has a 12-second cooldown.

F Key: Quickfoot Chant - Using this ability grants Fluril and all allies within 40 units +40% movement speed for 4s. Cooldown does not begin until the duration ends, and the ability has a 12-second cooldown.

Q Key: Heroism - When Fluril activates Heroism, he cannot attack or use other skills. Pressing Q again cancels the skill early. While active, the ability heals Fluril and allies within 40 units for 1% of their maximum health every 0.1s for 2s. Cooldown does not begin until the duration ends, and the ability has a 8-second cooldown.

Ultimate: Inspire Destiny - When he uses the ability, Fluril and all allies within 40 units are granted immunity to damage and +20% damage for 4 seconds. This ability also cleanses all status effects.

CARDS

LEGENDARY CARDS

• Freedom Beckons (Quickfoot Chant) (Default Legendary) - Allies affected by Quickfoot Chant gain CC immunity for 2s.

• Tireless Performer (Weapon) - Dissonance now has infinite ammo.

• Awestruck (Dissonance) - When your weapon deals damage, it reduces the cooldown of Dissonance by 0.4s.

Dissonance:

• Encore - COMMON - Reduces cooldown of Dissonance by .25s/.5s/.75s/1s for every target hit. Card has a 10s cooldown.

• Bass Drop - RARE - Increases the duration of Dissonance's stun by .25s/.5s/.75s/1s.

• Guitar Solo - COMMON - Dissonance refunds 10/20/30/40 ammo per target hit.

• Critic Breaker - EPIC - Targets hit by Dissonance have their damage reduced by 10%/20%/30%/40% for 3s after Dissonance ends.

Quickfoot Chant:

• Dauntless - RARE - Activating Heroism reduces the cooldown of Quickfoot Chant by 1s/2s/3s/4s.

• Glory Calls - COMMON - Increase the speed bonus granted by Quickfoot Chant by 10%/20%/30%/40%.

• Inspired - COMMON - Quickfoot Chant heals allies for 25/50/75/100 per second.

• Undying Fame - COMMON - Increase the duration of Quickfoot Chant by .5s/1s/1.5s/2s.

Heroism:

• Idol - EPIC - Heroism heals for 10%/20%/30%/40% more. (Healing allies for 1.1%/1.2%/1.3%/1.4% of their max health every second, respectively)

• Haunting Melody - RARE - Heroism continues to heal allies for .5s/1s/1.5s/2s after the duration ends.

• Not Today - COMMON - Each time a target you're healing is damaged, the cooldown of Heroism is reduced by .25s/.5s/.75s/1s.

• Center Stage - EPIC - Healed allies take 4%/8%/12%/16% less damage while Heroism is active.

Weapon/Armor:

• Weapon: Clockwork Endurance - COMMON - You can fire 10%/20%/30%/40% longer before needing to rest your arm.

• Weapon: High Volume - RARE - Targets damaged by Dissonance are Slowed by 5%/10%/15%/20% for .5s.

• Armor: The Show Must Go On - COMMON - Gain 7%/14%/21%/28% CC reduction.

• Armor: Bow Out - COMMON - When Dropping below 40% health reduces the cooldown of Quickfoot Chant by 100%. This has a 60s/45s/30s/15s cooldown.

DEFAULT LOADOUT

Legendary: Freedom Beckons.
    Cards: Center Stage III, Dauntless II, Not Today II, Inspired II, Bow Out II.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

If you have any suggestions, questions or other comments, please, by all means, post them. I wanna hear feedback on this character.
    Last edited by Rystil; 07-09-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    LMB - Damage is really low. It does like 350 per second which is like half of what the Supports in the game deal.

RMB - Again, the damage is REALLY low. That's like 50 damage to a Fernando who has the highest health in the game if I'm not mistaken.

F - Cooldown is a bit long. I'd say reduce it to either 10 or 12 seconds.

Q - A fine ability.

E - That's pretty much just a stronger Fernando ult. You might want to balance it a lot or think of something different for it to do.

As for the legendary cards:

Freedom Beckons is already fine with just CC immunity. The bonus damage makes it OP.

Tireless Performer is alright I guess.

As for Awestruck... I don't think you realize how little 0.1% is. It would take like a hundred hits to reduce the cooldown of Dissonance by even 1 second.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    The LMB damage is low because it covers an area and fires constantly, just like with Fernando and Grohk. While it's lower than both, that can be bumped up.

As for the RMB, the main purpose of the ability is an instant area stun that can delay characters like Maeve. It could use a damage boost, but is otherwise doing what I intended it to.

The F ability, Quickfoot Chant, is a fair escape skill in some ways, but it also affects allies. Barik's escape skill has a 14-second cooldown and only lasts for 1s, as opposed to 4s. Yes, the cooldown could be reduced, I believe 12 seconds is reasonable.

The Q ability I enjoy greatly.

His ultimate... Is difficult. It could be called Inspire Greatness and instead grant CC immunity and bonus damage rather than the immunity to everything it seemingly has now.

As for the legendary cards.

The bonus damage is in light of Torvald's Field Study legendary, which grants +40% extra damage to allies affected by his Protection skill. It's similar to Grohk's Totemic Ward legendary, which grants CC immunity to those healed by his healing totem, and causes the healing totem to heals for 50% more. Moving the damage bonus to his ult while removing the CC immunity from his ult is viable IMO.

Tireless Performer is meant to allow the character to attack near-constantly. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Awestruck was meant to be something along the lines of Grohk's Maelstrom legendary, which causes his inhand to reduce the cooldown of his shock pulse by 0.3s each time it hits.

The character will have quite a lot of trouble dealing with those like Kinessa or Evie, but will be able to sustain allies near him rather constantly.

I've heard your criticism; Now, do you have any suggestions on how to do it better?

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Would love to see some artwork for this idea. I want to play a bard type of character very badly.
    Check out my Youtube! All feedback is appreciated

Beta Player Sovereign Prince PWNDdotcom's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well I was worried it would be just like every other bard concept, but nope. You did alright.

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Rystil View Post
    The LMB damage is low because it covers an area and fires constantly, just like with Fernando and Grohk. While it's lower than both, that can be bumped up.

As for the RMB, the main purpose of the ability is an instant area stun that can delay characters like Maeve. It could use a damage boost, but is otherwise doing what I intended it to.

The F ability, Quickfoot Chant, is a fair escape skill in some ways, but it also affects allies. Barik's escape skill has a 14-second cooldown and only lasts for 1s, as opposed to 4s. Yes, the cooldown could be reduced, I believe 12 seconds is reasonable.

The Q ability I enjoy greatly.

His ultimate... Is difficult. It could be called Inspire Greatness and instead grant CC immunity and bonus damage rather than the immunity to everything it seemingly has now.

As for the legendary cards.

The bonus damage is in light of Torvald's Field Study legendary, which grants +40% extra damage to allies affected by his Protection skill. It's similar to Grohk's Totemic Ward legendary, which grants CC immunity to those healed by his healing totem, and causes the healing totem to heals for 50% more. Moving the damage bonus to his ult while removing the CC immunity from his ult is viable IMO.

Tireless Performer is meant to allow the character to attack near-constantly. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Awestruck was meant to be something along the lines of Grohk's Maelstrom legendary, which causes his inhand to reduce the cooldown of his shock pulse by 0.3s each time it hits.

The character will have quite a lot of trouble dealing with those like Kinessa or Evie, but will be able to sustain allies near him rather constantly.

I've heard your criticism; Now, do you have any suggestions on how to do it better?
    You seem to agree that the damage on his LMB is low. Increase it to at least 45 every 0.1 seconds.

For the RMB either remove the damage entirely or increase it. It does so little that it practically doesn't even have damage.

You seem to agree with my thoughts for the F.

Q is, like I said, fine.

I guess CC immunity and increased damage is fine for his ult.

On to the legendary cards again.

I guess Freedon Beckons is alright then.

I didn't say anything is wrong with Tireless Performer.

Please clarify this real fast. Does Awestruck's effect stack if you hit multiple enemies? That is the only thing that would make it viable as if not you'd be removing 0.012s off the cooldown per hit. Even then it'd be a weak legendary as even when hitting an entire team at once you'd be taking 0.6s off the cooldown of Dissonance every second. That's not work it at all. You NEED to increase how much it affects the cooldown.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOfAllTrades View Post
    You seem to agree that the damage on his LMB is low. Increase it to at least 45 every 0.1 seconds.

For the RMB either remove the damage entirely or increase it. It does so little that it practically doesn't even have damage.

You seem to agree with my thoughts for the F.

Q is, like I said, fine.

I guess CC immunity and increased damage is fine for his ult.

On to the legendary cards again.

I guess Freedon Beckons is alright then.

I didn't say anything is wrong with Tireless Performer.

Please clarify this real fast. Does Awestruck's effect stack if you hit multiple enemies? That is the only thing that would make it viable as if not you'd be removing 0.012s off the cooldown per hit. Even then it'd be a weak legendary as even when hitting an entire team at once you'd be taking 0.6s off the cooldown of Dissonance every second. That's not work it at all. You NEED to increase how much it affects the cooldown.
    Yes, for each time it deals damage, and since it hits in a 90-degree cone, it can cover quite an area, especially if you're on the point. However, it does need to reduce the cooldown more than it does, because it does, at current, suck immensely for a legendary card.

One thing to note it that there is also the Encore card which reduces the cooldown of the RMB for each target the RMB hits.

I did have the idea that Awestruck could simply cause the RMB to have two charges, but idk.
    Last edited by Rystil; 04-28-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Bump, please.