Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with the community?

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class

Unhappy What is wrong with the community?

In closed beta, I was happy to play with and against happy players, there were no salty players at the end of a match.
    The forum used to be made of the shiniest pearls you could ever find : Every member tried to make everything better and none of them was trying to "create the perfect game for them only", a thing that happens frequently now.

Since the open beta, the community has fallen. I'm sad now, me, who has always tried to make Paladins a better experience.

I just played a match where a player was so angry it was impossible for me to calm him/her down.
    The player just got angrier, trash-talking everything passing in his/her mind

I wish I could do something, but alone, I can't. I can't change the community. I can't change the way people will think about a negative aspect of the game. I can't add some sweetness over a mountain of salt. I can't be the only player trying to do things better, it's useless. I can't, I just... can't.

For me, Lex does not need to be killed, Skye does not need to be buffed or nerfed, nor all the other champions.
    For me, the hackers are not killing the game, the community does, slowly, deadly.
    For me, nothing is bad, nothing is wrong, everything just need to be reworked. Reworked in a way everyone will enjoy. Reworked in a way everyone would be able to say it's good. Reworked in a way everyone would be able to say "This, is how we wanted Paladins to be."

Everyday, I see some players saying that a certain mechanic is bad.
    Everyday, I see some players saying that a certain mechanic is copied.

Everyday, I see a certain company being trash-talked to because a certain mechanic is bad.
    Everyday, I see a certain company being trash-talked to because a certain mechanic is copied.

Everyday, I see some players asking to add that certain mechanic, because they enjoy it.
    Everyday, I see a company trying to satisfy every single player, without success.

Look around you, you will be able to see that Paladins is composed of what asked the community.
    A game is nothing, without it's community.
    Paladins is losing it's community.

Let's make something, together.
    Let's talk about what could be better, together.
    LET'S MAKE PALADINS BETTER! TOGETHER!

Let us be the shiny pearls the game needs.

- QcDiablo

#LetsMakeTheCommunityGreatAgain

- I changed the hashtag because it was weird and I'm sure people would have started making memes with it. So now it looks like Trump's citation even if I personnally don't like him.
    Last edited by QcDiablo; 04-23-2017 at 05:53 AM.
    New to the game? See this FAQ made by Valkure.

#BringMobilityBack
    #GiveMaeveWallRun

#LetsMakeTheCommunityGreatAgain

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 31 days registered
    FPS games in general tend to have a more salty crowd to them given the nature of the game, however this one is also F2P so people care very little about how they are seen by others and basically act out. The bigger the game gets the more this will happen. Smaller communities tend to stay the nicest and that's probably what you had at the start.

Human nature is not always pretty.
    "It's better to reign in Hell than it is to serve in Heaven"

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by QcDiablo View Post

#LetUsBeTheShinyPearls
    MAKE DANK MEMES GREAT AGAIN

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pm me your dankest memes

Quote Originally Posted by Provert View Post
    What 99% of these people are telling you is a crock of shit.

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    Even cs:go,overwatch,rainbow six,minecraft has alot of salty players
    DID YOU KNOW THAT IM A FAN OF CARAVAN PALACE AND SIAMÉS?

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class
    This is all I can reason with you guys.
    Your Duck in shining armor is finally here!!!
    I will not die... not yet quack!!!

Hi-Rez should rework on siege mode into making it a bigger capping zone so no one has to sit back and watch as their team gets ripped to shreds.

When a frontline captures the point a faint Fernando's voice can be heard saying,"I did all alone, you helped a little!!!"

What makes a champion OP is not by buff alone but by his loadout build.

Hi-Rez is preparing for the perfect Frontline, I just know it...

Be back in a few months. This opportunity won't last, gotta go work on it while I can.
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Community Award
    This post seems awfully similar to a typical Trump rally.

You got inspiration from him to write this or something?

But yes, the open beta community was good for the first 2-3 weeks, then from there it all went downhill, pretty fast too.
    When half the population of a society gets offended by words, phrases or opinions, I don't view them as degenerates or snowflakes. I view them as opportunity.

Time for me to go work on this "opportunity" and get some easy $$$, talk to you guys later forum members. Will be back in a few months.

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 31 days registered
    I wish i could have seen this game when people referred to it as "more strategy" than "death match" which is what this game feels like. Its basically who blindsides who first with a burst of damage. It can feel pretty cheap at times. Specially when its a character like Lex who is hard to take seriously when the first thing that comes to mind is auto-aim might be involved. Yes people say its not much damage but the damage is to the characters reputation as "skilled" too.

Or we have Sha'lin who can skewer you like a pig in two seconds from stealth.

Skyes awesome one hit kill on most classes ranged FU bomb from hell.

Or BK's constant stun bombs...

to trying to kill a decent Evie player. (Kidding...or am i? :P)

Kinessa on your team when you need someone on the point.

TOPG lack of skip ( The first few in a days match its like eh but when its a day of bad matches this is nothing but salt in the wound. I think TOPG should be available to the player who earned it with an option for us to see it. )

Kinessa on your team again... (I know there's decent ones out there but those are few to the many noob ones who camp miles away and usually end up flank food)

Victor.

There's lots to get salty over when you play a few matches in a day right now and you pack in a few straight losses to being on full tilt yikes.
    Last edited by Cellnine; 04-22-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    "It's better to reign in Hell than it is to serve in Heaven"

Be back in a few months. This opportunity won't last, gotta go work on it while I can.
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellnine View Post
    I wish i could have seen this game when people referred to it as "more strategy" than "death match" which is what this game feels like. Its basically who blindsides who first with a burst of damage. It can feel pretty cheap at times. Specially when its a character like Lex who is hard to take seriously when the first thing that comes to mind is auto-aim might be involved. Yes people say its not much damage but the damage is to the characters reputation as "skilled" too.

Or we have Sha'lin who can skewer you like a pig in two seconds from stealth.

Skyes awesome one hit kill on most classes ranged FU bomb from hell.

Or BK's constant stun bombs...

to trying to kill a decent Evie player. (Kidding...or am i? :P)

Kinessa on your team when you need someone on the point.

TOPG lack of skip ( The first few in a days match its like eh but when its a day of bad matches this is nothing but salt in the wound. I think TOPG should be available to the player who earned it with an option for us to see it. )

Kinessa on your team again... (I know there's decent ones out there but those are few to the many noob ones who camp miles away and usually end up flank food)

Victor.

There's lots to get salty over when you play a few matches in a day right now and you pack in a few straight losses to being on full tilt yikes.
    The best way to not get tilted, is to not care about win or lose, only focus to improve oneself. When you feel like you are good enough, make a smurf, and see how far you can carry.
    When half the population of a society gets offended by words, phrases or opinions, I don't view them as degenerates or snowflakes. I view them as opportunity.

Time for me to go work on this "opportunity" and get some easy $$$, talk to you guys later forum members. Will be back in a few months.

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by QcDiablo View Post
    In closed beta, I was happy to play with and against happy players, there were no salty players at the end of a match.
    The forum used to be made of the shiniest pearls you could ever find : Every member tried to make everything better and none of them was trying to "create the perfect game for them only", a thing that happens frequently now.

Since the open beta, the community has fallen. I'm sad now, me, who has always tried to make Paladins a better experience.
    Is this like your ever first game online???
    -Community getting bad is mostly due to f2p, people just play because is entertaining and basically because they dont have to put a cent
    (Not saying it doesnt happen in p2p games, but in f2p business model you literally do another account after getting banned without any issue)

Also can you be more explicite about what type of people trash-talk or get angry?
    -Whenever i see someone trash-talking in english, at least they have a reason (the reasons doesnt give them the right to trash-talk to people, curse the game, etc)
    /Because people suck
    /Because they are losing
    /Because fps-MM

While people that talk spanish often write in stupid mode
    -You just type something and they instantly reply with:
    /P*to
    /P*ndejo
    /V*rga

However i have noticed a huge hate between people that talk english and people that talk spanish, they often "vvgq" or type "shut up noobs"/"callate p*to"

(im not referring to everyone but i often noticed that in-game, there are also the Russian but i dont get what they say)
    Last edited by MotorKnight; 04-23-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    I just play Kinessa for "securing the kills" (Kill steal)

This is how Seris + Skye works (In Paragon) :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02RiTXpChuw

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorKnight View Post
    Is this like your ever first game online???
    -Community getting bad is mostly due to f2p, people just play because is entertaining and basically because they dont have to put a cent
    (Not saying it doesnt happen in p2p games, but in f2p business model you literally do another account after getting banned without any issue)

Also can you be more explicite about what type of people trash-talk or get angry?
    -Whenever i see someone trash-talking in english, at least they have a reason (the reasons doesnt give them the right to trash-talk to people, curse the game, etc)
    /Because people suck
    /Because they are losing
    /Because fps-MM

While people that talk spanish often write in stupid mode
    -You just type something and they instantly reply with:
    /P*to
    /P*ndejo
    /V*rga

However i have noticed a huge hate between people that talk english and people that talk spanish, they often "vvgq" or type "shut up noobs"/"callate p*to"

(im not referring to everyone but i often noticed that in-game, there are also the Russian but i dont get what they say)
    I am simple man. I see any Spanish in chat. I mute.