Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The TTK needs to go back up

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    I'd definitely like a slight increase in TTK. Nothing like an MOBA TTK (someone suggested doubling or even TRIPLING health pools?). Just buff everyone's health by a few hundred, really. A 10 or 20 percent increase to start would go a long way
    Last one standing w-... Well, your legs will be tired. So there.
    ----------------------------
    http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/br0d30
    -----------------------------
    How I feel after falling for the bait-and-switch and buying a booster pack for those nonexistent radiant chests:

Quote Originally Posted by xxXxAIDSxXxx View Post
    Dryface: we need more money!
    Prettybear: how about we scam people by promising them chests, but just giving them useless currency, so they all buy boosters?
    Dryface: brilliant!

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by QcDiablo View Post
    PART I, basic ideas :
    1. More team oriented gameplay
    - Doubled (or higher) capture time to make teams have time to group up
    - Higher respawn time to make every kill more valuable and for compatibility with higher TTK
    Higher TTK may do an infinite loop of death --> respawn --> go on the objective and stay long enough for your allies to respawn
    I agree both. Paladins needs the strengthen of team play.

PART I. / 2. Make tankier champions feel like it
    - Stronger shields in general or Wrecker less effective
    Would fit well with higher capture time
    - Higher health pools, but even lower damage
    However, this can result of tanks being ignored, we'd need to talk about it
    - More powerful defense items
    I don't think that frontliners will become ignored cause of this. Maybe the other way - become more popular.

PART I. / 4. Make shots and abilities more impactful for Damage and Flank champions
    - Make damage dealing abilities more powerful for Damage/Flank champions (mostly damage)
    - Make flankers more mobile in general
    - Add cripple abilities (1 second) for flankers.
    Just cautiously with this or the game can turn a dd/flank fest only. I prefer Part II./4. - when for example damage dealers have more dmage against frontliners only.

PART II, advanced ideas :
    Those will require more time to implement and they will probably cause severe balance issues to fix

1. More objective oriented gameplay
    - Higher capture speed when capturing with multiple allies
    We don't want to get x5 speed, so make the first player to have x1 speed, and then all the other ones after to x0.5
    I think this should be introduce at this very moment.

PART II. / 2. Make champions able to resist a bit more
    - Add a fifth class Utility or Defense to passively defend the team around them
    A lot of players will probably dislike this idea :
    - Average 2500/4000 health
    - Abilities able to decrease taken damage of the team and/or buff the team
    - Mostly mid-ranged
    - Medium damage
    - Team positionning abilities (low range teleporter, switch positions)
    - AoE soft CC such as knockback
    - Debuffs like Healing reduction
    - No healing or sustain abilities
    - Medium-high mobility (between Damage and Flank average, something like Buck's leap)
    Their goal would be to help the team in general and to protect the backline from any danger
    I think there is no need for a new class, but remodelling frontliners a bit this way maybe.

PART II. / 3. Make more strategy with zoning abilites
    - Make every deployable character to be able to place more, weaker deployables or more impactful deployables
    Three turrets/two shields Barik, three illusions Ying, larger Inara's wall, more powerful effects and larger range for deployables such as the Totem of Grohk.
    - Higher knockback in general
    Depends on players. I'm sure that these will be used more as an objective capturing and keeping abilities than zoning with them. I have to think more about this.

PART II. / 4. Make shots and abilities more impactful for Damage and Flank champions + More counterplay
    - Damage champions deal more damage to Front Line champions (something like ~20/25%)
    This would make Damage champions useful to kill Front Liners. With this, you can increase Front Liners' damage to their original, since they would have counters. This would fix the problem of non-dangerous Front Lines.
    - Lower cooldowns for flankers or give them more sustain
    This would make Flank champions able to harrass more the enemy team and they would be more useful in strategies
    Agree and this definitly needs to implemented ingame (only with the other changes).

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGontar View Post
    I agree both. Paladins needs the strengthen of team play.
    Thanks

I don't think that frontliners will become ignored cause of this. Maybe the other way - become more popular.
    The Front Liners wouldn't be ignored in the way nobody would pick them, but in the way that we could ignore them in a fight since they would do too minor damage to be considered a threat. Right now, nobody (or close too) would approach Makoa due to his quite high damage, so could turn out that frontliners wouldn't have enough damage.

Just cautiously with this or the game can turn a dd/flank fest only. I prefer Part II./4. - when for example damage dealers have more dmage against frontliners only.
    You are right, I just thought that it would have been nice for lower TTK lovers.

I think this should be introduce at this very moment.
    You like it, and it's not a surprise, a lot of people are asked for that.

I think there is no need for a new class, but remodelling frontliners a bit this way maybe.
    I wrote "create a fifth class" because I think this role would be too much for Front Liners or Supports. Both of those classes have a very important job that they cannot neglect for other usages.
    I was thinking : If the role of a front liner is to protect the objective, then the "utlity" class will protect the backline against flankers. That's also why I increased the potency of flankers back in PART I. / 4.
    But as you said, maybe there's no need for it. I'm still not sure if we should try to add this class.

Depends on players. I'm sure that these will be used more as an objective capturing and keeping abilities than zoning with them. I have to think more about this.
    Probably, but capturing the objective is also the role of these deployables.
    For Barik's turrets, I'd make them lower ranged with higher damage and possibly even a little (very small) knockback.

Agree and this definitly needs to implemented ingame (only with the other changes).
    Wow! I thought you would hate that, because most players don't like counters such as these, because it's a direct counter.

I'm so happy that your feedback is so positive, thank you!
    Just one thing, don't break a champion's playstyle.

- Things I always say :
    Make the community great again.
    Group up.

#LetsMakeTheCommunityGreatAgain