Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Champion difficulty levels and rewards

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    As said before (and Metataro explained perfectly), the list can't be univocal, moreover, if you look at tier list, it's always changing. I don't think this is a viable idea :-/

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Androxus The Godslayer View Post
    There should be less reward for playing a champion which is easier (always picked in every game) and higher reward for harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androxus The Godslayer View Post
    The ranking is based on how often the champs are used

easier =/= most used

look at drogoz: it is in average one of the most picked both in pro and casual.. yet hitting someone with a projective no hit-scan that moves slower than the target isn't really "easy" ... same happens with most the tanks . heck look at skye .. that is "easy" only when facing kinessa and then is "hard" against 90% of the other champs...

IOW I don't see this would be viable or accurate. they could perhaps give rewards for picking champions that are not used as much (based in overall usage: either casual or comp ).. BUT it shouldn't be related to how "easy" that champion is (after all that is just a personal perspective).

IMHO it would be better to give extra rewards for completing "set ups" when choosing champions.. like if your team got 4 damagers and 1 flanker.. the first to go tank gets extra credits .. same with the first to go healer (and only the first one) and people should be able to see if they gonna get the "reward" or not.. so those that changed second and wont have the reward will go back to damage or flanker. This could also apply for damagers and flakers.. just to encourage to have atleast 1 tank-damager-flanker-support per team. (if they want to prevent possible exploit from premade teams staking 1 class for credits they could do a "pool" of 1k credits reward per team .. meaning if 1 players would get a reward this way it would be 1k credits... if 2 then 500 credits each.. if 3 then 333 credits each and if 4 then it would be 250 credits: the 1k credit reward pool just splits)

Banned Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Even tho OP's idea seems good on paper is just ain't gonna work due to many factors affecting this system.

A quick example since i'm posting from phone & cant write a wall of text atm, Maeve/Kinessa both require high skill yet both of them are picked very often, so are those 2 gonna give higher reward due to difficulty or lower due to being used often?

Will probably post more later when i get home.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Ehm... Maeve doesn't require high skill. Please, we all know this. Evie requires high skill, just to pick an example.

Member Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    OP I think you're confused why is inara, evie, kinessa(maybe high in low levels) and buck in the highest pick rate? and why are the "overpowered" champions in the lowest pick rate? Like mostly everyone loves to have the thrill of killing someone fast and satisfying. and like Valkure said pick rates can change by balance patches so this not likely viable and very hectic.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered
    any reward of this kind could be implemented it should be based on overall pick rates ... a champ being "easier" is just subjective.

or base it in team based sets (1 tank - 1 flank - 1 support - 1 damage) and balance and make viable teams in the same step. (no more 5 flank troll teams ffs)

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Like what SkyNuclear says I like the idea on paper, but in practice I'm not so sure. Not to mention it may end up shafting players who contribute more, but have their potential rewards start at a lower point because of how "easy" they are to play, which will change in hotfixes and in certain circumstances.
    "You ask me how I would deal with a fortress. What can I say? Blast it? Burn it? Gas it? The list is endless. But the military man should never raise such questions; he is taught to deal with practicalities. What is the objective? What troops do I have? What is known of the defenders? And so on.
    A military man avoids open questions, and resists himself to facts. A question requires an answer, a set of facts has only a result. An answer raises further questions, but a result is indisputable."