Thread: New Kinessa Legendary(ies)

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points

Lightbulb New Kinessa Legendary(ies)

Since the Legendary Cards have seen their debut and even now after time has passed, I have
    only seen one or two Kinessa (Kinessa's? idk.) use the Opressor Mine legendary card. So I thought what would make for a better card that is viable, but not necessarily an always-picked, and headed to the drawing board. This post will be to list my ideas off and see if anyone else likes them.

1.) Explosive Charge:
    -Removes the potential for headshots alltogether.
    -Charge time to maximum damage increased by 15%
    -Shots change to Area-of-Effect, with a medium blast radius
    -This card would allow Kinessa to better take on large groups of enemies easier but would also give her a harder time with 1v1 as a trade-off

2.) Aerofoil:
    -Teleporter takes no travel time, you warp instantly.
    -Teleporter cooldown reduced by 3 seconds
    -This one could make her less susceptible to flankers, especially those that make little or no noise (yes Skye I'm looking at you), granted you have the reflexes to position it without it floating through the air to guide you.

3.) Extrasensory:
    -Enemy sound effects (walking, etc) are increased in volume within 'X' distance units from you (TO HER ONLY).
    -Enemies who trigger Oppressor Mines are Illuminated for 3s, standing in it will renew the effects.
    -This card is similar to the last one in that it would help her a bit more with flankers who might want to swipe up an easy kill on a scoped Kinessa

There will probably be more coming as I think of them, but these were the major ones that my brain just said "man that would help out a lot."

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? I would love to hear from some feedback!

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    I've seen a spectacular Kinessa using the mines card. She was putting mines everywhere, also in our base, so we got all dismounted in a second, without even the need for an enemy to shoot us. The most effective loadout I've ever seen. So, I prepared one too. Fantastic, against some team composition. So, don't say it's useless.

I'd said the headshot one is useless, since headshots, in this game, are "random".

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Wow, they are all very cool ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Broffensive View Post
    I have only seen one or two Kinessa (Kinessa's? idk.) use the Opressor Mine legendary card.
    The Suppression Legendary could use a buff. Maybe increase the Mine Health & slowdown for each mine.

1.) Explosive Charge:
    -Removes the potential for headshots alltogether.
    -Charge time to maximum damage increased by 15%
    -Shots change to Area-of-Effect, with a medium blast radius
    -This card would allow Kinessa to better take on large groups of enemies easier but would also give her a harder time with 1v1 as a trade-off
    Maybe even reduce the Fully charged shot damage to 1000. Add some slowdown effect to enemies hit. This could work well against Grouped enemies but should be balanced as will be worse for 1v1. Has potential.

2.) Aerofoil:
    -Teleporter takes no travel time, you warp instantly.
    -Teleporter cooldown reduced by 3 seconds
    -This one could make her less susceptible to flankers, especially those that make little or no noise (yes Skye I'm looking at you), granted you have the reflexes to position it without it floating through the air to guide you.
    Seems good but this might need to give a lot less health from card that Heals after teleport,as good kinessa players could instantly get away,heal up & quick Scope out of nowhere. Not sure if balanced but this could be very annoying for flankers. As the devs have said they make sure that things feel fun & fair to fight against.

Maybe this should increase the transporter distance by 100% or more.Reduce the activation time but should not be instant.

3.) Extrasensory:
    -Enemy sound effects (walking, etc) are increased in volume within 'X' distance units from you (TO HER ONLY).
    -Enemies who trigger Oppressor Mines are Illuminated for 3s, standing in it will renew the effects.
    -This card is similar to the last one in that it would help her a bit more with flankers who might want to swipe up an easy kill on a scoped Kinessa
    Seems balanced & i like the idea but like previous has potential to be really frustrating to fight against a good Kinessa player that will instantly hit & kill you around corners because you were illuminated. Many players already hate Lex because of that see through wall ability, with high damage per shot you can get a huge advantage. Yes kinessa can see with mines but they can be destroyed & she has to hit her shots to see through with one card.

I honestly dont know how to balance this, Knowing the exact enemy position with High Damage Per-shot & good skill could make a player impossible to avoid & kill. How about actual explosive mines that could also be manually detonated but lower-medium damage??

-Explosive Charge is the best. Gives kinessa something she lacks,AOE damage. Seems balanced & not annoying.
    Last edited by DaSpyChecker; 04-20-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I've seen a spectacular Kinessa using the mines card. She was putting mines everywhere, also in our base, so we got all dismounted in a second, without even the need for an enemy to shoot us. The most effective loadout I've ever seen. So, I prepared one too. Fantastic, against some team composition. So, don't say it's useless.

I'd said the headshot one is useless, since headshots, in this game, are "random".
    Thanks for feedback; as stated above, I have seen occasions where the Opressor card was picked and used well, however I never claimed it was useless, but rather that there could be alternatives that would be more widely picked.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Seems good but this might need to give a lot less health from card that Heals after teleport,as good kinessa players could instantly get away,heal up & quick Scope out of nowhere. Not sure if balanced but this could be very annoying for flankers. As the devs have said they make sure that things feel fun & fair to fight against.

Maybe this should increase the transporter distance by 100% or more.Reduce the activation time but should not be instant.
    Yeah, the Teleporter idea was sort of just thrown together, ideas aren't very well organized. The only reason I suggested an instant teleport is because of how many times I have witnessed a Kinessa have thrown out their teleporter but get janked while glowing just before that.

Honestly though I like the suggestion of increased range, maybe it would allow for some cool new sniping spots

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Thanks for feedback; as stated above, I have seen occasions where the Opressor card was picked and used well, however I never claimed it was useless, but rather that there could be alternatives that would be more widely picked.
    I still think the most useless card is the headshot one. I've heard also a pro player speaking about that (can't remember who, I watch too many videos...). Hitboxes are strange, here, lag compensation too, so headshots are too unpredictable, and using a card giving to you a bonus that you can use, maybe, 5 times in a game, is not a good idea.
    Why people pick that? For the same reason they buy bulldozer without Grohk/Ying/Barik/Inara in enemy team: a big dmg number? I want it!!!
    Who cares if it doesn't work, there's a big number, it refers to dmg, so, go on with that!!!

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points
    Nice Idea

1+ Rep
    YEAEAEAHAHHA

Androxus

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    aerofoil by far probably most viable. the transporter at this point is so weak and almost useless. even adding all loadout cards towards it limits your use of any other cards only for a small boost in that skill.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    I'd love to see a card that allows Kinessa to shoot through a wall if she has her sniper fully charged, if the bullet goes through a wall the damage is reduced though.

No idea how balanced it would be but with tweaking of numbers anything can be OP or Trash... so not sure what the "sweet spot" would be.