Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fernando Tips?

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by chewychipzahoy View Post
    With Reinhardt being one of my OW "mains," I took a liking to Fernando's playstyle immediately. However, I'm having a lot of trouble using him well right now. Any loadout suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.

My usual strategy is to buy either Master Riding or Chronos and get on the point with my shield up ASAP. If my team of randoms (yes, I realize playing quickplay is my biggest mistake) decides to back me up, we're able to take the point with minimal effort, or I'm at least able to make a quick exit and recharge the shield without anyone trying to assassinate me. That's all well and good, but it feels like Fernando is completely sunk without at least one teammate to save him once the shield goes down.

Things wouldn't be so bad if he had any high-damage CQC abilities like Rein, but he can't seem to 1v1 even the squishiest characters. His LMB is alright, his Q has been nerfed to hell and back, and his charge is absolutely pitiful. I don't want him to be some unstoppable killing machine, but he doesn't feel dangerous enough up close to be considered a tank if you ask me.
    The mistake you're making...is trying to play him like Reinhardt. His best Legendary is easily Scorch. Combing it with a fireball build, he can become a terrifying Flank/Tank hybrid, or more popularily named... FLANKNANDO! Of course his other legendaries are quite good, but they can be countered due to the existance of caut and wrecker. Flanknando on the other hand shoves a bunch of fire into your oponents faces, and it's difficult to react to. Its hard to counter a 5k flank/tank hybrid. At least, thats how I think/play him.

Note: this post is my personal bias and I realize mine may conflict with yours....suck it up
    Oh, did I offend you? Is my opinion in some way conflicting yours? Are you mad at me? Well, guess what?

I DON'T CARE

Steam Account:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/CrazyLasagna/

Best Youtube Video Ever:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Just some shitty asshole on the internet

My favorite Paladins map is Tilted, an Onslaught Test Map. Interesting how that worked out.

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Wrecker doesn't seem like it's worth the credits unless someone else is buying it as well. Master Riding or Chronos still seem to work best for me in most situations.
    You're right, wrecker usually won't be worth it for Fernando. If you need to block heals,lots of Cauterize because he's great at it. If not, focus on Chronos and your blue item. Riding is great if you're dying a bunch, but wouldn't it be better to have your charge and shield ready faster so you don't die as much? Just remember to hit their squishies. BE the pressure you wish to see in the world :P
    Last one standing w-... Well, your legs will be tired. So there.
    ----------------------------
    http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/br0d30
    -----------------------------

Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Cauterize is useful, but not with my current knowledge of Fernando's kit. Plus, I can't max anything without the extra credits from eliminations, so I need to work on my Fernando basics before any of the bonus items will help me.
    Actually, maxing Cauterize is what can guarantee you elims. Since last Fernando nerf he does not have anymore built in 50% Caut on his Fireball, so buying that item and maxing it against healer and as Fernando is not optional - it's crucial. Fernando's basic attack is AoE, so he can tag multiple enemies at once plus he applies damage in ticks every 0,1 sec or sth, so as long as you are hitting enemy the caut timer (that 1,5 sec) is constantly reset.
    BRING BACK FERNANDO'S BEAUTIFUL FACE

Favourite champions from most favourite:

Fernando, The Magnificent - 21
    Torvald, The Giant Geeky Elf - 20
    Terminus, The Suicidal Maniac - 11
    Ying, The Crazy BFF - 17
    Mal'Damba, The Snek- 16
    Jenos, The Guy Who's Seen Things - 15
    Ash, The Edgy Lady - 12
    Inara, The Nicely Serious - 12