View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts On Sophia?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good.

0 0%
  • Needs tweaks, but good.

0 0%
  • Needs tweaks. Needs many tweaks.

0 0%
  • Completely unsalvageable.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sophia [Uzi Flanker]

Member Sovereign Prince QuantumPlays's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points

Sophia [Uzi Flanker]

Sophia, the Survivor

Gotta give credit where it's due. I got the rough idea from this thread: http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...nking-Uzi-Girl
    Now for the actual idea.

Our idea today is a girl named Sophia. She is a Canadian girl who wields an two Uzis and is a close range flanker that can do a lot of damage if left alone.

Health: 2000
    Speed: 365
    Class: Flank
    Title: The Survivor
    Surname: Sophia LaFrance, 19.
    Appearance: A young woman with a gas mask and a hooded army green trench coat. She has a plate carrier under the coat holding three frag grenades and a crystal-shaped patch. She wields two Uzis accented with camouflage. Strapped to her back is an oxygen tank connecting to her mask.
    Her ambient sound is like Darth Vader breathing.

Abilities

LMB: Uzis
    Two short range sub-machine guns that deal 35 damage every 0.05 seconds. Effective at Short Range.

Has an ammo count of 40.
    Has a reload speed of 1.5s.

RMB: Radial Fire
    Spin in a circle, firing in all directions. Accuracy is reduced.

14s cooldown.
    Camera goes into 3rd person.

Q: Spray-Pain
    A makeshift explosive crafted from a can of spray paint. Explodes on contact with an enemy or surface, dealing 400 damage. Enemies hit are slowed by 30% and are marked for 2 seconds. Marked enemies are revealed and take 20% increased damage from you.

10s cooldown

F: Sustain
    Gain 20% damage reduction, heal 850 health, and boost your movement speed by 30% over 5s.

12s cooldown.

E: Doomsday
    "I have you now!" (self/enemies)
    [muffled laughing] (allies)
    Gain increased accuracy, reduced recoil, and increased rate of fire for 5 seconds. Firing does consume ammo, but your reload speed is halved.

OR...

E: Doomsday
    Throw down a heavily modified grenade, exploding after 2s and dealing 20% maximum Health damage over 5s.

Creates a mushroom cloud.

Cards

Legendary
    • Fugitive: Sustain lasts 3s longer.
    • Seven-Twenty: You now spin in two circles when using Radial Fire.
    • Last Stand: Your last 10 rounds do triple damage.

Armor/Weapon
    • Gas Mask: Gain 5/10/15/20% Crowd Control reduction for 3s after getting a kill.
    • Oxygen Tank: Going below 40/30/20/10% of your maximum health increases your movement speed by 15% for 1.5s.
    • Dual Wielder: Increase your reload speed by 5/10/15/20%.
    • Hazmat: Gain 2/4/6/8 ammo.

Radial Fire
    • Apocalypse: Radial Fire does 5/10/15/20% more damage.
    • Catastrophe: Getting a kill using Radial Fire heals you for 50/100/150/200.
    • Blood, Sweat, & Tears: Gain 5/10/15/20% Lifesteal during Radial Fire.
    • Infectious: Reduce the cooldown of Radial Fire by 1s/2s/3s/4s.

Spray-Pain
    • Short Fuse: Reduce the cooldown of Spray-Pain by 0.5/1/1.5/2s.

Sustain
    • Adrenaline Rush: Heal for 25/50/75/100 more health over Sustain.
    • On A Roll: Kills reduce the cooldown of Sustain by 25%/50%/75%/100%.
    • Dense: Gain 5%/10%/15%/20% more damage reduction during Sustain.
    • Carpe Diem: Your movement speed boost during Sustain is increased by 5/10/15/20%.

Cosmetics

Skins (Includes Weapon)
    • Bloodshed: Maroon (Common)
    • Pollution: Brown (Common)
    • Camouflage: Dark Green (Common, Exclusive)
    • TBD: (Rare, Exclusive)

Voice Packs
    • Sophia (Common)

Emotes
    • Default: Sophia fake-shoots twice and blows over the tip of each Uzi.
    • Malfunction: Sophia drops one of her Grenades and tries to pick it up,
      the moment she does, it blows up in her face and she wipes the residue off.
      (Rare, Exclusive)

MVP Poses
    • Default: Sophia is slightly leaned over with her two Uzis in hand (a mix between Tracer and Maeve's stance).
      • Note: This is also her default stance in in game.
    • TBD: Sophia has her arms crossed over each other with Uzis in hand as has her head held high. (Rare, Exclusive)

VGS

(Everything she says is muffled, to the point where you can juuuuust hear her.)

Champion Selection
    • "Sophia."

Introduction
    • "I survived a zombie apocalypse. This war is nothing."
    • "You will read about me in the history books."

Mounting Up
    • "Into battle!!"
    • "Together, we ride!"

Skills
    • Grenade
      • "Watch out!"
      • "Fire in the hole!"
    • Sustain
      • "That's better!"
      • "Whew!"

Doomsday
    • "I have you now!" (enemy/self)
    • [muffled laughing] (allies)

Jokes
    • "What do you call a zombie who writes music? A de-composer!"
    • (humming Canadian national anthem)

Taunts
    • "It's survival of the fittest. And, uh, I don't think you'll survive."
    • "Uzis and grenades... What could be better for moving down zombies?"

Kill Taunts
    • "I'm the one with the mask." (Androxus)
    • "Ohh, so scary!!" (Androxus)
    • "Your machines are no match!" (Barik)
    • "Might wanna.. clean that beard..." (Barik)
    • "A bow?" (Cassie)
    • "Your father will be furious." (Cassie)
    • "That's a weird looking zombie." (Drogoz)
    • "You're going on my wall." (Drogoz)
    • "Back into the Abyss" (Seris)
    • "Two is better than one." (Viktor)
    • "News flash: Monsters aren't real." (Tyra)

Lore

They were a mystery. A civilian. A hero. Survivors recall seeing a masked figure grab their hand moment before their potential death. No one knew who they were - or why they were doing this. It was the Apocalypse of 2184 after all. It was survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten.

The figure saved so many people, in fact, that an investigation broke out afterwards. They found out that it - she - was Sophia LaFrance. An innocent Canadian girl who managed to survive the apocalypse due to her amazing athleticism and courage.

Still on the journey of assisting others, she has been reported in Crosswind Hold defending others from thieves and thugs. Will she finally make a new home in Crosswind Hold?
    Last edited by QuantumPlays; 08-17-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Join us in The Realm and at /r/PaladinsStrategies!

Front Line: Ash, level 10, Flanknando, level 9,Terminus, level 6
    Support: Seris, levlel 11, Jenos, level 7
    Damage: Lian, level 6
    Flank: Zhin, level 15

Most Objective Time: 456, Terminus, 11/19
    Most Healing: 127,155, Jenos, 10/29
    Most Damage: 148,527, Fernando 8/27
    Most Killing Blows: 27, Zhin, 8/25

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumPlays View Post
    LMB: Uzi
    Two sub-machine guns that each deal 100 damage every 0.1 second. [30 rounds in a magazine, 2.3 second reload speed]
    PFFT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

oh my gosh. You're insane.

Did you really think 2000 damage per second for 3 constant seconds was an okay thing? There is absolutely no way in hell that could ever be seen as a justifiable damage potential.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    GORDON RAMSAY ANNOUNCER PACK WHEN? PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    How bout this?

LMB: Spray n' Pray
    Wildly fire two sub-machine guns in a 90 degree arc (low dmg/short range/poor accuracy)

RMB: Out of Ammo
    Throw both weapons at an enemy's head doing automatic headshot damage.

Q: Pathological
    Mark an enemy, all aimed shots will hit that target. (removes range, recoil and accuracy reduction for 5 seconds)

F: Wall Run
    For 5 seconds gain movement speed, you can also run on walls.

E: Rampage
    Take no damage while firing in all directions for 5 seconds. Doesn't consume ammo. Enemies are momentarily knocked down.
    Last edited by Argyrus; 04-05-2017 at 12:09 AM. Reason: more detail

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    PFFT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

oh my gosh. You're insane.

Did you really think 2000 damage per second for 3 constant seconds was an okay thing? There is absolutely no way in hell that could ever be seen as a justifiable damage potential.
    Please suggest other stats.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyrus View Post
    How bout this?

Wildly fire two sub-machine guns in a 90 degree arc (low dmg/short range/poor accuracy)

Mark an enemy, all aimed shots will hit that target. (removes range, recoil and accuracy reduction for 5 seconds)

Take no damage while firing in all directions for 5 seconds. Doesn't consume ammo. Enemies are momentarily knocked down.
    I like F and Q.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumPlays View Post
    Please suggest other stats.
    Hmm... How about decreasing it? Your idea, your balancing. I'm not gonna tell you exact numbers.

Level
    Achievements:

So, I have some concerns.

LMB: So it just always has terrible accuracy? And that's pretty exaggerated. I don't think you realize how extreme 90 degrees is.

RMB: Where do the next guns come from? How much damage? Why can throwing an Uzi instant headshot? Do you need to aim to actually hit them? Would hitting them in the foot still deal headshot damage?

Q: Complete bullshit. This was an ability we saw on Lawman, and even after it was completely different in Lex, people still complained about it.

F: Ok...?

E: Again, kinda bullshit. This ability requires 0 skill to use, since you're invincible for 5 seconds and enemies are knocked down. Still, how much damage does it do? Is it random directions or does it deal that damage in an area?

Big issues: Champion seems to require no skill at all, and without numbers nothing matters. Autoaim is dumb.

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    How bout this?

This is some tricky business. Allow me to lend my take on it.

First, I say we swap the Uzi for some other sub-machine gun. Uzi's are old hat, we need a new groove to dance to, babe.

Why not something based off the Skorpion design? Or a Heckler & Koch variant? Hell, here's a quick list of several candidates: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...SubmachineGuns Take your pick! Of course, it'd have to be small, compact, but there's tons of guns that meet that requirement, we could even go super-left-field and try out a machine pistol instead. They'd all, in theory, operate the same, so why not think outside the box!

But looks aside, I believe we need to refocus the goals of this champion. What role does it fill as a flank? I think as far as glass-cannons go, we've got our fill for now. Plenty of low TTKs on the current roster. I say we swap the quality for quantity and try something different.

LMB: We've got two submachine guns to work with, give each a respectable clip-size and that's a ton of bullets! Let's justify that with a super-long reload time and low per-bullet damage with a justifiable fire-rate. I say we lean on the slower-side, only because we've got two of the suckers, so if you're looking at total DPS you would need to factor that into the calculations. But we can have them spit lead super-fast as long as each shot does truly pitiful damage, strength in numbers, right?

Let's get mathy! With sixty rounds total, expelled in 3 seconds, having each bullet do 20 damage would give us 1200 damage with a fire rate of two shots every .166 seconds, Gun toss adds another second or two, but increases the potential damage to 1800, then another 3 seconds we've got 3000 damage. Not enough to take down a real tank, but plenty for most heroes. But that requires good aim and 7 seconds of uninterrupted fire, followed by a long reload. Not the ideal case, as it doesn't even account for recoil, spread or falloff! Every bullet would have to hit! But, something to think about. An argument could be made to have manageable spread at medium range (Such as with a tighter cone or my favorite: a reliable spray pattern) and a lower falloff to compensate for the low base damage, making her more efficient at longer ranges than flanks like Skye, to justify the lack of close-range lethality.

So, tons of ammo, lower TTK, I say we redesign her kit to pester. Spread damage over a lot of enemies, and encourage them to give chase instead of focusing on the objective. Of course, we don't want her to be too much of a sitting duck, so I say we balance the low TTK with increased survivability.

Up the health to 2500.

RMB: I love this! But, I preferred the flat 300 for each hit (600 in total), and this ability should also instantly refill your ammo (Hopefully, that goes without saying). So the ultimate combo would be 1.) Unload your clip 2.) Toss your guns 3.) Pull out new guns from your trench and keep firing. That's some massive sustain potential there!

Q: Pathological, what to do with you! For some reason, people seem hell-bent on the autofire aspect, but that's just plain boring! We need something with a bit more involvement! Let's explore some alternatives: How about instead, in does a small AOE slow around you, and boosts your speed. So you can hop into a crowd and speed off before they can react, or use it to slow down pursuers.

Speaking of which, let's talk movement abilities!

I say, she should have a wall-jump or wall-ride as a passive.

her F should be something more pliable for her playstyle. How about:

Springboard: launch yourself backwards, and into the air. Holds two charges.
    Low cooldown (Maybe 5 seconds? 3 with cards).

This would allow for some crazy acrobatics and let you keep firing at your target whilst avoiding their fire.

E. Rampage. I'm not diggin' the two suggestions all that much. How about this:

You slam your guns down in a rage, instantly refilling your health and ammo. Nearby enemies are pacified for 2 seconds (less with resistance, of course). Pacified, as the name suggests, means they can't use any ability that can cause damage. This can be chained with the combo mentioned earlier for even more sustained fire. Unload, toss, unload, ult, unload. Now you're cooking with fire.

I think this can provide an interesting play-style. The goal would be to keep moving, jumping off walls and springing around mid-air whilst trying to keep firing at your target. Let's further this with some legendary suggestions.

Last stand: The last 10 rounds of your clip (5 from each gun) do triple damage.

This default card encourages the "Empty your clip into a single target" mentality. Makes her a bit more lethal, as instead of 200 damage, you've got 600 damage (for those last 10 shots). But this does not drastically change her TTK (as it still requires 2+ seconds of fire). ( We go from 1200:1800:3000 to 1600: 2200: 3800).

Alternatively, could be replaced with a "the less health you have, the more damage you do" system, but I don't want to do the math on that! Of course, melds well with her urban survivalist theme.

The One: Pathological now launches you vertically into the air a notable distance.

More Mobility, can get you out of a sticky situation when coupled with the two charges of Springboard. I imagine this to be the most popular choice.

Anarchist: Every unique enemy hit with your primary gives you a 12% movement increase for 1.5 seconds.

Encourages splitting your fire between multiple targets. Lowers her damage potential, but increases her mobility. Rewards spreading chaos! If you tag a whole team, you get a massive (although brief) 60% speed boost, but you've also made the whole team aware of you. So a real risk-reward situation here.
    Current Crafts:
    TALES FROM THE CHEST!
    A Halloween-themed Collaborative Community Chest

Original Concepts:
    Austeo, The Reborn | http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...upport-Concept
    Kristine, The Outcast | http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...521#post172521
    Devasha, The Keeper | http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...sha-The-Keeper

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    Don't trim fire rate, trim damage per shot.

Instead of 100, 65 would be fine. I would personally suggest 32 damage every .05s with double the original clip size though. Uzis are very rapid firing but kind of wimpy on a per shot basis so this would be pretty alright. You'd end up with 1280dps if every single shot hits out of them (Bearing in mind that Uzis usually have a fairly terrible spread) which is pretty much on par with the other flanks (1200-1800 dps from andro, 930-1116 dps from Evie, etc.)

Uzis firing every .3 seconds are not uzis anymore. That's 3 shots per second per gun. That's really slow.

Also, I don't know about the reload speed. I'll have to check it on a dpm level.

For reference when creating characters, I graphed all the average DPS's of characters, per character, over a minute.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Making your character fit into these effective DPS/M charts in the intended roles would likely end up with a fairly balanced concept.

With the gun throw, you could give her a risky assassination option. Make the throw reload do more damage the more ammo is left in clip (Anyone who has played Borderlands and used Tediore weapons knows the general concept.)

Big risk, you're throwing your main source of DPS to try to burst someone, if you miss you'll be HEAVILY punished, but if you hit you're rewarded. Seems fair to me.
    Last edited by Nudgarrobot; 04-05-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    Kinessa > Evie >Makoa > MalDamba
    2273 Hours on Team Fortress 2
    937 Hours (And counting) on Paladins
    551 Hours on League of Legends
    464 Hours on Borderlands 2
    200 Hours on Overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueRifler View Post
    Playing against Sha Lin feels like someone turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.