Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Champion Revamp: Scarlett, the DuVair Collector

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Champion Revamp: Scarlett, the DuVair Collector

Scarlett, the DuVair Collector
    2300 Health
    Role: Support

Synopsis: Scarlett is a powerful healer, but her abilities require she deal damage to gain access to those abilities. She also has 2 methods of self-preservation, either by speeding herself up or by self-healing. Her ultimate is potent when used as a surprise attack, dealing damage and healing it at the same time.

Lore: Scarlett is the head servant for the noble DuVair Family. Not by choice, but by the threat of being killed by her vampiric master. Aside from running the other staff members and tying up loose ends, Scarlett has one other responsibility. During the day, she wanders the countryside absorbing the souls of criminals and annoyances, simultaneously feeding her master and delivering justice.

LMB: Soul Rifle
    Close range energy weapon, dealing 100 damage every 0.3 seconds. The weapon automatically has 20% lifesteal. All damage dealt by Scarlett is stored as Soul. Stores up to 5000 Soul.

RMB: Soul Dispenser
    Scarlett uses her stored Soul to heal an Ally. The Soul is used at the same rate as the healing, 600 per second.

LMB and RMB will lock onto their target, similar to Torvald's LMB or the healing of the Medic/Mercy.

Q: Medicate
    Scarlett fires a backup Soul Container out of her Rifle. If it hits an ally, that Ally and Scarlett are healed for 1000 Health. If it hits an enemy, Scarlett gains 500 Soul.
    8 second cooldown

F: Adrenaline Transfer
    Saps away an enemys' speed. The target will lose 50% of their speed for 2 seconds and regain it at a rate of 10% speed per second. The current slow rate on the target is equal to the speed increase given to Scarlett. Acts like Tyra's Mark for activation.
    12 second cooldown

E (Ultimate): Blood Night
    Places a beacon in your current location. The Beacon has 2000 Health and lasts for 12 seconds. Any enemy within the radius of the beacon (about twice the size of the objective) will lose 300 Health per second. Any ally within the beacon's radius will gain 300 Health per second.

[Cards]

(Weapon/Armor)
    Siphon: Increase Soul storage rate by 10/20/30/40%.
    Long Shot: Increase range of basic weapon by 10/20/30/40%.
    Empty Coffers: Maximum Soul storage increased by 750/1500/2250/3000 Soul.
    Vampiric: Gain 5/10/15/20% Life Steal.

(Soul Dispenser)
    Shared Wealth: While healing, you restore 20/40/60/80 Health per second.
    Oxygenate: Your healing target gains 5/10/15/20% damage reduction.
    Donation: Healing rate increased by 5/10/15/20%.
    Burst of Strength: Your healing target gains 6/12/18/24% CC reduction.

(Medicate)
    Urgency: Reduce the cool down of Medicate by 1.5/3/4.5/6 seconds when you miss.
    Type O: Scarlett Restores 150/300/450/600 Health when hitting an enemy with Medicate.
    Recollect: Store 100/200/300/400 Soul when Medicate hits an ally.
    Vaccine: Allies affected by Medicate gain 7/14/21/28% damage reduction for 3 seconds.

(Adrenaline Transfer)
    Shock Attack: Stuns an enemy affected by Adrenaline Transfer for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.
    Strength Steal: Reduces the damage dealt by the targeted enemy by 5/10/15/20%.
    Strength Boost: Increases the damage dealt while sped up by 5/10/15/20%.
    Plan B: Automatically activates Adrenaline Transfer on an enemy which brings you below 5/10/15/20% Health.

[Legendary Cards]

Greed: The effects of Medicate on Scarlett are increased by 50%.

Charity: While healing, an aura emanates from Scarlett, healing allies for 200 Health per second.

Tithe: Scarlett passively gains 50 Soul per second when the round begins.

[Customization Options]

Emotes:
    Standard. Scarlett bows. Similar to Mal'Damba's bow emote, but much less exaggerated.
    20% Insane. Scarlett giggles, progressively getting louder until she is cackling maniacally. She coughs and returns to normal.
    No Fun (Summer Fun). Scarlett notices something in the distance. She becomes angry, pulls out a whistle and blows into it. She crosses her arms and shakes her head.

MVP Poses:
    Standard. Scarlet stands upright, with her arms folded behind her back, looking disdainfully at the screen.
    Cheers. Scarlett has a glass of red wine(?), raised in a toast. She has a sly smile
    Lunch Break (Summer Fun). Scarlett is shown sitting in a pool chair, reading a newspaper. The front page has an image of that game's top play.

Skins:
    Standard
    Count
    Earl
    Baron
    Summer Fun (Scarlett is absolutely "loving" her new job as a lifeguard.)

[Voice Lines]

Match Start:
    1. “Let's hurry up. I need to get home.”
    2. “I've got a job to do. Let's go.”

Buying items:
    1. "Whatever the boss wants...”
    2. “Let's see if I can't improve this thing.”
    3. “This will at least help me.”

Mounting:
    1. "Finally, let's go.”
    2. "Time for work... Ugh."

[RMB]:
    1. “Here. Take a sip.”
    2. “Boss won't mind if you have some.”

[Q]:
    1. “Here! Take this!”
    2. “This is why I always carry spare.”

[F]:
    1. "Does this work?"
    2. "Gotta go fast!"

[E]
    Allies hear: “Have a taste!”
    Enemies hear: "The blood is the life!"

Skill on Cooldown:
    1. “Hold up a second!”
    2. “I'm working as fast as I can!”

Under Fire:
    1. "This wasn't in the job description!”
    2. “Great. Another problem...”

Assist:
    1. “I could've handled that!”
    2. "Can't believe I got help from you...”

Kills:
    1. “Sucked dry.”
    2. “That should be enough.”

Heal:
    1. “Alright.”
    2. “Thanks. Close one there.”

Escaping with low health:
    1. “Urgh. Bad job."
    2. “When will this be over?”

Slowed/Stunned:
    "Deep breaths... Get it flowing..."

Burning:
    "Oh crap! Put it out!"

Death:
    1. "That's one way to quit.”
    2. "I was just doing my job!"

The point is being captured by the enemy team:
    1. "Let's get them off already!”
    2. "I haven't got all day!"

Point captured by the enemy team:
    1. "Perfect. Just perfect."
    2. “Ok. I can still manage.”

Capturing the point:
    1. “Boss is gonna be happy to see this!”
    2. “Finally! A moment to be happy.”
    3. "Not bad."

Losing the battle:
    1. “Oh I'm in so much trouble...”
    2. “Uh oh...”

Winning the battle:
    1. “Good. That should be enough.”
    2. "Alright. Let's go home.”

[VER]
    "Somebody's useful!"
    [VEG]
    "I am immortal!"
    [VEJ]
    1. "Everybody says my boss is a pain in the neck. He's not that bad. He's worse."
    2. "Fight all you want. It's still in vain."
    [VET]
    1. "I will crush you like a mosquito."
    2. "You're so squishy. You must be easy to puncture."
    [VVGS Curses]
    "You've gotta be kidding."
    [VVGT That's Too Bad]
    "That sucks..."
    [VVGO Oops]
    "Oh! Heh heh..."
    [VVGG Good Game]
    "Not half bad."
    [VVGN Nice Job]
    "Good work."
    [VVGH Hi]
    "Heh heh, hello!"
    [VVGL Good Luck]
    "Just don't screw up."
    [VVGR No Problem]
    "I'll deal with it."
    [VVS Sorry]
    "Crap. That's mine..."
    [VVT Thanks]
    "Actual help?"
    [VEA Awesome]
    "Ah yeah!"
    [VVGW You're Welcome]
    "Not an issue."
    [VVGB Bye]
    "I'm out, then."
    Last edited by PWNDdotcom; 04-09-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    I remember I had read this, when you posted it, but being on a train, with just my cell phone, commenting was impossible (plus, I am not skilled in concept champion, know that!).

>> The weapon automatically has 20% lifesteal, and converts 80% of the damage dealt to Soul.
    I am confused: the weapon converts 80% of the 20% into Soul, or it deals, ie: 100 dmg, of which 20 are lifesteal and 80 become Soul?
    Which is the range? Short/mid/long?

>> Uses 100 Soul every 0.15 seconds to heal a targeted ally at the same rate
    is it something like Mal'Damba RMB? I can't understand if every 0.15 seconds I have to re-target the ally (and since in the meanwhile I have to deal dmg, for getting my healing capacity back, it's not viable) for giving him just 100HP, or if I have to target him just once, and then for X seconds the heal will add to his HP, without a further RMB press by me.
    Does this bring Soul from the same Soul tank that Q uses?

>> Scarlett uses her Soul Supply to heal herself. This ability is active for 5 seconds, using 500 Soul per second to heal 500 Health per second.
    here I see the problem. So, follow my train of thoughts: I have to actually deal dmg in order to have soul to heal me or someone else. This mean I have to constantly be in the middle of the battle, in order for me to being able to help comrades: no "hiding behind a wall, while recovering, still pressing Q to help the tank". Still, when I am out of HP, I don't have the possibility to heal myself instantly for coming back into the battle again.
    I'd say this: since the only way to heal is doing dmg (which is WORSE, if compared with the other healers, that just have to wait for a cooldown), in theory I'd expect to get some advantages in some other areas, to balance that. But if I am healing my tank and get hurt in the process, I don't have any possibility to heal myself (soul tank gone for healing the tank), moreover, shooting from behind a wall, while recovering soul is useless, since this heal is per-second. I shoot for getting soul, I hide behind a wall, wait for Q to work and... being killed by Maeve, who has followed me behind the wall -_-'
    I'd say, put an insta-heal, but still, it is better, for me, to just run away and wait that seconds to recover on my own, when out of combat :-/ plus, I am not wasting soul and this doesn't have a cooldown.

>> Greed: Scarlett's basic attack now can target 3 enemies in its range instead of one. Damage reduced by 50%.
    so, when attacked by 3 enemies I'm dead, since I do not enough dmg, and when I'm attacked by a single enemy I'm still dead, because I do not enough dmg on a single target... :-/

>> Cup Runneth Over: Begin each round with at least 1000 Soul.
    this would mean 2 free healing cycle, but once for round seems a bit too low. What about something like "passively gain X soul for each second"? I've seen you have put that in a normal card, but it seems a bit too powerful for a normal card, imho.

You also wrote the voice lines! Wow, that's so much work O.O

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    The LMB does exactly as your second thought. It heals 20 Health and stores 80 Soul. I'm thinking both beams have about 2.5 times the length of a Torvald Beam.

The RMB was poorly explained, since I forgot how much easier it was to just say Heal over Time. It heals 666 damage per second, and all you need to do is hold the RMB to apply that.

I see your point on the Q. What if Scarlett had a projectile she could fire that gave out a burst heal yo one person instead of her standard Heal over Time?

Legendaries are weird, since Scarlett's Loadout cards were designed before Legendaries were a thing. I've not been sure what needed changing, but I will edit them. Most likely, Tithe (passive Soul gain) will become a Legendary.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    I see your point on the Q. What if Scarlett had a projectile she could fire that gave out a burst heal yo one person instead of her standard Heal over Time?
    Two absolutely random ideas (I am not good for new champion concept ^^' ):
    1) Scarlett creates a "black hole" around her, which absorbs X life from enemies and heals her instantly
    2) Scarlett shoots a projectiles towards an ally: the ally and Scarlett are both instantly healed of X

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Two absolutely random ideas (I am not good for new champion concept ^^' ):
    1) Scarlett creates a "black hole" around her, which absorbs X life from enemies and heals her instantly
    2) Scarlett shoots a projectiles towards an ally: the ally and Scarlett are both instantly healed of X
    So I'd prefer number 2 (because I was already considering a similar concept). How's this?

Scarlett fires a backup Soul Container out of her Rifle. If it hits an ally, that Ally and Scarlett are healed for 1000 Health. If it hits an enemy, Scarlett gains 500 Soul.

Also, I feel like I should boost the amount of Soul Scarlett absorbs with her standard attack (not buff her damage, but maybe have her convert 100% of the damage to Soul instead of 80%.)

Level
    Achievements:
    I like this idea, it seems to work, at least on a theoretical way. The problem, in these cases, is that you can't test this in game...
    Are you sending this concept to HiRez, is there a "suggest your next champion" page, or are you hoping they would casually read them on the forum?

Level
    Achievements:
    I like this idea, it seems to work, at least on a theoretical way. The problem, in these cases, is that you can't test this in game...
    Are you sending this concept to HiRez, is there a "suggest your next champion" page, or are you hoping they would casually read them on the forum?
    Well I know that Hi-Rez reads some of these concepts. My hope is they'll eventually look for Community Concepts to put in the game, like Trainmaggedon. But even if they never do, I just really enjoy making the concepts and trying to find new and unique concepts for Champions.

Level
    Achievements:
    You're good in that, I love the fact you're even writing voice line ^^

Level
    Achievements:
    You're good in that, I love the fact you're even writing voice line ^^
    Scarlett was my 5th concept. All of those earlier ones have their voice lines.

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    Scarlett was my 5th concept. All of those earlier ones have their voice lines.
    A lot of people include voice-lines. They're an excellent way to express personality!

Hey, are you planning on moving my art over to this new thread? I could make a digital recreation if you'd like, similar to what I did for Rodger.

Speaking of which, I got a strange package the other day. I thought it was a block of garbage at first, but inside I found what appears to be DuVair weapon schematics. If that's the case, I don't want to be anywhere near them, so would you mind taking them off my hands? I, uh, need to clean them off, first, but I can get them to you this weekend. Just keep this between us, okay? The DuVair family is influential around these parts, and pretty territorial about their stuff.

I don't want no trouble from them.
    Current Crafts:
    TALES FROM THE CHEST!
    A Halloween-themed Collaborative Community Chest

Original Concepts:
    Austeo, The Reborn | http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...upport-Concept
    Kristine, The Outcast | http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...521#post172521
    Devasha, The Keeper | http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...sha-The-Keeper