Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Champion Revamp: Wattson, Electromaniac

Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3

Champion Revamp: Wattson, Electromaniac

Wattson, Electromaniac
    1800 Health
    Role: Support

Synopsis: Wattson relies on smart placement of his Buildings and keeping them up. Wattson's Buildings never fall of their own accord, so Wattson is capable of very consistent gameplay. His Teleport also makes him ideal for diving the enemy backline with a flank, and returning quickly with the rest of the team. However, a single mistake with Wattson spells disaster, as his cooldowns are huge and he does not have the health to take many hits.

Lore: Wattson studied energy transfer for almost 180 years with his fellow gnome scientists. Over that time, he made hundreds and hundreds of groundbreaking discoveries, which were all stolen by his colleague, Kyle. When Wattson discovered Kyle stealing his research on physical energy transfer, Kyle became the new test subject. Though Wattson received great praise from his fellow gnomes for his discoveries and taking care of Kyle, whom nobody liked, he was kicked out of their Scientific Society for "PR Reasons". Now Wattson wanders Crosswind Helm, testing out every idea he can get with his own society, the GSQF (it's assumed that the GS stands for "Gnome Society" or "Gnome Science", though only Wattson knows what QF stands for. He won't tell anyone).

Appearance: Wattson is a gnome, so he is pretty small and stout, about Pip's height. He has a bushy white beard and hair, and is wearing a visor with scopes for helping his sight. Wattson is wearing black overalls and a blue shirt, with black rubber gloves and boots. Wattson is carrying compact versions of his Station and Electrode on his back. His most defining feature is his beaming, white, toothy smile.

LMB: Thunder Blast
    Fires a short range electric blast, dealing 500 damage every second. Attacking your own Deployables will heal them for 500 Health. If a Deployable is still being deployed, attacking it will decrease it's deploy time by 0.5 seconds. 4 ammo, 1.3 second reload.

RMB: Healing Station
    Places down a Station. Stations take 2 seconds to deploy. Stations heal allies in a radius for 400 Health per second. Stations have an infinite duration, and two may be deployed at a time. Stations have 500 Health.
    13 second cooldown, as soon as the Station finishes deployment or is destroyed part of the way through.

Q: Electrode Beacon
    Places an Electrode, which takes 3 seconds to deploy. Electrodes send out an electric pulse every second, dealing 400 damage. Electrodes have 500 Health. Only one Electrode can be deployed at a time.
    15 second cooldown, as soon as the Electrode finishes deployment or is destroyed part of the way through.

F: Teleport
    Wattson disappers, and one second later teleports to his deployed Electrode. Teleporting to the Electrode deals 200 damage to it.
    20 second cooldown

E: Overclock
    Wattson overclocks his Stations and Electrode, enveloping them in a 1500 Health Shield, which depletes at 100 per second. While enveloped, the Stations' and Electrode's effects are increased by 50%.

[Cards]

(Weapon/Armor)
    Quick Fix: Restore 25/50/75/100 more Health to buildings when repairing them.
    Set Up: Deploy time of Buildings is reduced by 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2 seconds.
    Power Armor: Gain 100/200/300/400 Health.
    Fleet Feet: Taking damage increases Movement Speed by 10/20/30/40% for 2 seconds.

(Healing Station)
    Last Resort: When a Station is destroyed, all nearby allies are healed 300/600/900/1200 Health
    Protective S:* Stations have a 50/100/150/200 Health Shield, which cannot be restored.
    Scavenege: Reduce the cooldown of Healing Station by 2/4/6/8 seconds if you are in the range of your Station when it is destroyed.
    Energy Boost: Allies being healed by your Stations have 15/30/45/60% CC reduction

(Electrode Beacon)
    Paralysis: Enemies hit by Electrode are slowed by 10/20/30/40% for 2 seconds.
    Protective E: Electrode has a 100/200/300/400 Health Shield, which cannot be restored.
    High Voltage: Electrode deals 20/40/60/80 more damage.
    Insurance: If an Electrode is destroyed during deployment, reduce the Cool down of Electrode Beacon by 2/4/6/8 seconds.

(Teleport)
    Efficiency: Reduce damage dealt to the Electrode from Teleport by 50/100/150/200.
    Overload: Enemies in a small radius around Wattson are Silenced for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds when activating Teleport.
    Static: Wattson gains 5/10/15/20% movement speed after using Teleport.
    Backups: Once an Electrode is destroyed, Wattson can still teleport to its previous location for 1/2/3/4 seconds.

[Legendary Cards]

Blast to the Past: Wattson is fully healed when activating Teleport.

Conduit: Electrode bypasses Shields and deals 50% more damage to enemies with a Shield between them and the Electrode (also affects anyone with a personal Shield).

Pocket Medic: Every 3 seconds, Wattson's Station heals allies equal to its current Health (including any Shield)

[Customization]

Emotes:
    Standard. Wattson puts his Thunder Blaster away, and gives two thumbs up in front of him.
    Light Snack. Wattson pulls out a lightbulb and stares at it. It suddenly glows in his grasp. He panics, and in an attempt to hide it, eats it.

MVP Poses:
    Standard. Wattson stands in his standard pose, arms folded.
    Failure. Wattson is shown with his face (but not his teeth) blackened. In one hand he is holding a broken beaker.

Skins:
    Standard-Blue
    Thermochemistry-Red
    Electrochemistry-Yellow
    Geochemistry-Brown

Seasonal Skins:
    Summer Fun (Wattson went on a fishing trip with Torvald and Makoa.)
    Halloween (Wattson is now Dr. Frankenstein. His monster would probably be Torvald.)
    Christmas (Wattson is now Santa Claus, giving knowledge to all the good children of the world, and putting radioactive alloys in the stockings of the naughty ones.)

[Voice Lines]

Match Start:
    1. "I'm here on assignment from the GSQF. Stay away from my... research."
    2. "Let's hope for an enlightening experience."

Buying items:
    1. "I should change my hypothesis..."
    2. "Well that's a wrench in their plans."
    3. "Heh heh, surprise..."

Mounting:
    1. "Haste!"
    2. "Wee hee hee hee!"

[F]:
    1. "Bye, then!"
    2. "Whoops! Ha ha ha!"

[E]
    Allies hear: "Overclocked!"
    Enemies hear: *Thunder* "Come on, then!"

Skill on Cooldown:
    1. "Hold it!"
    2. "What do you want from me?"

Under Fire:
    1. "Speak of the Devil!"
    2. "Who shot me! Show your face!"

Assist:
    1. "That'll knock some sense into them!"
    2. "Thanks for the help!"

Kills:
    1. "Interesting..."
    2. "You just can't beat me!

Heal:
    1. "Everything in good working order!"
    2. "Thanks!"

Escaping with low health:
    1. "That wasn't good!"
    2. "Whew!" *heavy breathing*

Stunned/Slowed:
    "Oof. I can't think..."

Burning:
    "Agh! Put it out!"

Death:
    1. "Oh you're a right pain in the..."
    2. "I'm too old for this..."

Point captured by the enemy team:
    1. "Ok. Mark as a failure..."
    2. "Another failed experiment."

Capturing the point:
    1. "Get out of my way!"
    2. "Experiment a success!"

Losing the battle:
    1. "It's a dark day..."
    2. "I cannot believe it!

Winning the battle:
    1. "A perfect result!"
    2. "I'll show you who's boss!"

[VER]
    "Give it to them!"
    [VEG]
    "I got the power!"
    [VEJ]
    1. "I'm telling you. These things are real!"
    2. "Don't look too shocked."
    3. "Never trust an electrician with no eyebrows."
    [VET]
    1. "Lab rats! Wonderful!"
    2. "Who's up first?"
    3. "I'll be my own control group."
    [VVGS Curses]
    "Now just hold on!"
    [VVGT That's Too Bad]
    "Most unfortunate..."
    [VVGO Oops]
    "Oh turnips."
    [VVGG Good Game]
    "A success!"
    [VVGN Nice Job]
    "Alright!"
    [VVGH Hi]
    "How're you?"
    [VVGL Good Luck]
    "Let's get started!"
    [VVGR No Problem]
    "Failing means you're playing!"
    [VVGW You're Welcome]
    "You are very welcome."
    [VVS Sorry]
    "Eh heh... My bad."
    [VVT Thanks]
    "Thanks!"
    [VEA Awesome]
    "Pure dead brilliant!"
    [VVGB Bye]
    "Let's work together again sometime."
    [VVGQ Quiet]
    "Don't. Speak. A word."
    Last edited by PWNDdotcom; 04-07-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    >> The Station has a maximum charge of 1000 and loses charge at 100 per second. The Healing station has 500 Health.
    16 second cooldown, when the Station is destroyed.
    hmmmm, so: you are saying that there's a thing that last 10 seconds, has 16 seconds of cooldown, but can be destroyed immediately after the placement. It reminds me of Grohk totem. The problems with the totem is that it can't be moved (so it becomes "obsolete" as soon as the allies move) and that it has a small area of effect. Compare to Ying's illusions: a bigger area, due to the beam, plus almost zero cooldown (proper zero cooldown with specific loadout). I don't think this can be viable, especially in tough games. That's the reason Grohk is picked most for dmg, than for healing.
    Moreover, I can't understand if you're saying that the cooldown starts when the station is destroyed. So, it's not (at best) 6 seconds without healing, but full 16! Plus, is available only one station? Ying has 2 illusions, Barik 2 turrets, just to say...

>> Wattson disappers, and one second later teleports to his deployed and charged Electrode
    does Wattson teleport to a destroyed/expired electrode, or does the teleport fail?

>> Blast to the Past: Wattson is fully healed when activating Teleport.
    are you conscious no one would pick anything else? Full HP back every few seconds?

Member Sovereign Prince XxBodeFucetaxX's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    I like the whole concept of this, but i didn't like the skills.
    because:
    1- it's very similar to Ying's skills (shoots a ray, place something in the map that heals and deals damage, can teleport to his own deployables);
    2- I don't like the balance you made, that means, i don't think the numbers are good (damage, healing and cooldown).

As i said, i like the concept.

Btw, i didn't check the cards.
    I am REPMAN II

Quote Originally Posted by Myself and check out my Character Concepts ;)
    MAKE THE SECRET NOT SECRET

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Thanks for the tips, Valkure!

The Stattion is like a Barik Turret, with an infinite duration. The cool down begins as soon as the Station is deployed. Perhaps it would be better to lower the healing, but allow two Stations to be up/lower the cool down. Adding two stations would mean even more work keeping everything charged (which is actually a big part of this character, micromanaging).

My current thoughts are that it is impossible to activate Teleport without that Electrode, like Bomb King's Detonate. However, I'm looking at this ability and seeing if there is a way to rework it.

Really? I'd always prefer Pocket Medic to Blast to the Past, or Conduit depending on their Shield count and type. I'd only take Blast to the Past if I already had a Support and I could pretend I'm a Flank.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by XxBodeFucetaxX View Post
    I like the whole concept of this, but i didn't like the skills.
    because:
    1- it's very similar to Ying's skills (shoots a ray, place something in the map that heals and deals damage, can teleport to his own deployables);
    2- I don't like the balance you made, that means, i don't think the numbers are good (damage, healing and cooldown).

As i said, i like the concept.

Btw, i didn't check the cards.
    Thanks a lot! I guess it's sort of like Ying, but then again, Tyra's abilities are a lot like Viktor's (Assault Rifle, ability that increases potential dps, launched explosive).

Yeah. I'll probably do a lot of balancing here.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    Thanks for the tips, Valkure!
    You're welcome, I'm going to check a couple of your concepts every day. Though, I would not be online till Monday, so, have patience.

>> The cool down begins as soon as the Station is deployed. Perhaps it would be better to lower the healing, but allow two Stations to be up/lower the cool down. Adding two stations would mean even more work keeping everything charged (which is actually a big part of this character, micromanaging).
    2 comments on this: 2 stations will be better, because you need to heal eg both the tank on the point, and your guys on the back, so 2 is better than 1, still, I am not for this micromanaging thing... I want to be effective in the battle, and if I have to spend 90% of my time "healing the turret" for having it to heal, I can't fight. It seems to me this is sorta like your other character, the vampire: she has also to continuously worry about the Soul tank, or she'd not be useful. Not something I'd like to do for the entire game, since this prevent me to do anything else.
    Personal preference, maybe out there there are millions of people who like to play support in this way, but it's not my cup of tea.

>> Really? I'd always prefer Pocket Medic to Blast to the Past, or Conduit depending on their Shield count and type. I'd only take Blast to the Past if I already had a Support and I could pretend I'm a Flank.
    I think it will be like that, because you have an "infinite duration" and, as you've foreseen, this is a wonderful strategy for a flank playstyle (focus: how many players use a healing Pip and how many a flank Pip?).
    I, on a personal note, would pick this one just because I don't trust average ally, who thinks support have to save the day, while he's never available to help the aforementioned support. So, I'd go with the card that would give me more survival.

For the sake of curiosity, which are your favorite champions?

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    You're welcome, I'm going to check a couple of your concepts every day. Though, I would not be online till Monday, so, have patience.

>> The cool down begins as soon as the Station is deployed. Perhaps it would be better to lower the healing, but allow two Stations to be up/lower the cool down. Adding two stations would mean even more work keeping everything charged (which is actually a big part of this character, micromanaging).
    2 comments on this: 2 stations will be better, because you need to heal eg both the tank on the point, and your guys on the back, so 2 is better than 1, still, I am not for this micromanaging thing... I want to be effective in the battle, and if I have to spend 90% of my time "healing the turret" for having it to heal, I can't fight. It seems to me this is sorta like your other character, the vampire: she has also to continuously worry about the Soul tank, or she'd not be useful. Not something I'd like to do for the entire game, since this prevent me to do anything else.
    Personal preference, maybe out there there are millions of people who like to play support in this way, but it's not my cup of tea.

>> Really? I'd always prefer Pocket Medic to Blast to the Past, or Conduit depending on their Shield count and type. I'd only take Blast to the Past if I already had a Support and I could pretend I'm a Flank.
    I think it will be like that, because you have an "infinite duration" and, as you've foreseen, this is a wonderful strategy for a flank playstyle (focus: how many players use a healing Pip and how many a flank Pip?).
    I, on a personal note, would pick this one just because I don't trust average ally, who thinks support have to save the day, while he's never available to help the aforementioned support. So, I'd go with the card that would give me more survival.

For the sake of curiosity, which are your favorite champions?
    As far as buildings, it could be that they are always charged, but I could have the standard attack heal them and speed up their deploy time, like the Engineer. I'll consider different changes to Wattson.

Favorite champions? Good thing I already made this convenient list!

10. Flanknando
    9. Inara
    8. Grohk
    7. Tyra
    6. Bomb King
    5. Torvald
    4. Makoa
    3. Mal'Dambro
    2. Drogoz
    Honorable Mentions: Sha Lin, Kinessa, Ying
    1. Barik

Level
    Achievements:
    That's strange, I'd thought there would be more healers in your set :-D

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    That's strange, I'd thought there would be more healers in your set :-D
    Eh. I'm a tank main. The reason I have a lot of Support Concepts is because the Support is the most fun role to make Concepts for. There are so many different ways to heal that I love coming up with something nobody's thought of.

Unrelated to that, I've... Heh heh... Overclocked my brain and made a lot of adjustments on this page to the abilities and Cards of Wattson.

Member Sovereign Prince XxBodeFucetaxX's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    Thanks a lot! I guess it's sort of like Ying, but then again, Tyra's abilities are a lot like Viktor's (Assault Rifle, ability that increases potential dps, launched explosive).

Yeah. I'll probably do a lot of balancing here.
    About Tyra and Viktor, They're a little bit like each other, but they play a lot different, and i think Wattson's gameplay would be a lot like Ying's (legendary cards can change the way a champion is played, but i mean it by raw...)

About balance, i wouldn't really worry about it, even if i believe any project created here would ever be created. I believe that balancing a champion is something that have to pass through a lot of tests, and we can't do this, right?
    I am REPMAN II

Quote Originally Posted by Myself and check out my Character Concepts ;)
    MAKE THE SECRET NOT SECRET