Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So Grohk's Lightning Staff damage was nerfed from 85 to 75 (patch preview)

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EphantMK2 View Post
    You're doing exactly what hi-rez keeps doing: nerfing every single non-damage/Maelstrom build instead of changing Maelstrom.
    Not at all. Thunderstruck is the staple card of Maelstrom builds. It's the only thing that makes Maelstrom broken. You don't take Maelstrom for the .1s cdr per tick of LMB. You take maelstrom to make Thunderstruck more valuable. Thunderstruck is what's fundamentally broken, it's just that Maelstrom makes this issue way worse by scaling it up a ton.

As far as I've seen nothing really uses TS except for Maelstrom builds, for obvious reasons.
    Kinessa > Evie >Makoa > MalDamba
    2273 Hours on Team Fortress 2
    917 Hours (And counting) on Paladins
    551 Hours on League of Legends
    464 Hours on Borderlands 2
    65 Hours on Overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueRifler View Post
    Playing against Sha Lin feels like someone turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    Its his loadout that is broken, not the staff. Also what makes hirez nerf side tanks and leave masterful as it is? They are maniacs.
    Because masterful is the whole reason you take Drogoz for antideathball, and it isn't a permacc?

And they did fix its broken interaction with combustible, if that's what you mean. Even with masterful 1 you would get instant full cooldown reset every time you hit one person with fire spit with Combustible because the ticks counted as multiple people.

There's a difference between something being a tool in a kit that's designed to do multiple things and the core ability around which a character plays. Side tanks was a tool that was a luxury. It was by no means mandatory to have it on those cooldowns. Now you just have to use it smarter, and you can't permanently CC people (Practically speaking, a 3s slow on a 4s cooldown is permanent CC.)
    65 Hours on Overwatch
    Playing against Sha Lin feels like someone turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    It's not even overpowered honestly. Grohk can get inflated numbers on the scoreboard but he's hardly dealing lethal damage. It's not like he's bursting down enemies or snagging multikills all the time. He finally has a reason to be picked (2nd support hybrid dps) and everyone wants to nerf it into the ground.
    | Androxus | Err game | Bask in the twilight |
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by PussehSlayerXXX View Post
    Lastly, I would like to say... Hardware does not determine the gaming skills.. I wish I could git as gud as Godly BurmaJones.

Level
    Achievements:
    Burma, it's guaranteed broken. I picked grohk up after the patch started and immediately he soared to my highest kda highest winrate character (of characters that have a reasonable number of matches ofc)
    Yeah, it's fun. Sure. But broken things often are. Not to mention it absolutely destroys the need for flankers to dismount. The shock pulse dismounts all the way back to their spawn. (Which is hilarious when you're doing it but probably the most frustrating thing in the world used against you.)
    65 Hours on Overwatch

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Nudg i meant that it gives you crazy cdr

Branzer

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    Nudg i meant that it gives you crazy cdr
    Oh, I suppose.
    I think that interaction is more comparable to Grenadier on Viktor than to Side Tanks though.
    65 Hours on Overwatch

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    What is the broken part though? Just the potential for slow and cauterize spam? The damage itself?

I spammed him post OB44 and he's a good hybrid champion but will not carry games. He doesn't have genuine burst potential to secure kills and his healing sucks ass. He still relies on your team just being better than the enemy team.

Whereas I can play something like Androxus and simply outperform everyone in a match to likely secure wins, except in rare cases like having no support or tank, my team literally feeding and ignoring the objective, etc.
    | Androxus | Err game | Bask in the twilight |
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by PussehSlayerXXX View Post
    Lastly, I would like to say... Hardware does not determine the gaming skills.. I wish I could git as gud as Godly BurmaJones.

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4
    *go away slowly while whisling*

Level
    Achievements:
    Grohk can carry fairly easily, because to maximize his potential all you have to do is focus the enemy support and then all your damage becomes essentially permanent.
    Your M2 refreshes in combat state and hits anyone in LoS of an ally, applies a slow, and does damage. This, on some maps more than others, makes it nigh impossible for the other team to disengage and recoup their HP when their healer is down. I've gotten plenty of quadra kills on maelstrom grohk (The fifth is always stolen from me .-.) and I'd have to say this is why. Not to mention that his single target damage if you're hitting all your m1 ticks is actually pretty decent.

With his incredible sustain from his M2 with Lightning Rod, coupled with the movement speed per enemy hit card(chasing op), he's healing for half his hp every second while moving at (iirc) 136% movement speed, refreshing incombat state for the entire enemy team while doing 5000 dps split among the team. With his totem and F skill as very safe "Oh shit!" buttons that can also provide a lot of team utility, he fills every core role in the game (Frontline, support, dps and flank.)
    If your team has good shield play, then you also have your ult which is a good refresher for your whole team, though I don't recommend using it all usually. Mostly gets you killed more than it does work.
    Last edited by Nudgarrobot; 03-21-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    65 Hours on Overwatch

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Wanna know what's broken, kamikaze Ying and Maeve.

This will probably be their strongest patch.

Abuse while you can.

RIP Evie

Maybe one day we can reunite again

Trump will make Evie real.

HiRez killed all female flankers.