Thread: Making Kinessa less of a sitting duck with cards

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 7 days registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3

Making Kinessa less of a sitting duck with cards

Right now, if you play Kinessa and enemy have 2 flankers, you might as well sit in spawn. This is especially a problem in casual. So I think we should add a few cards to her teleport that will help. Here is my idea:

- Telefrag: when Kinessa successfully teleported, a big explosion happened at both her new and original location, dealing up to 500/1000/1500/2000 damage at the center with minimum damage of 50%, also stun all target for 1/2/3/4 seconds.
    - Dead angle: when teleport is deployed, Kinessa go invisible, leaving an illusion where she deployed. She remained invisible for 1/2/3/4 seconds after successfully teleported, and the illusion is destroyed when she become visible again. Any attacks will make her visible, but while invisible, her sniper shot charge 50/100/150/200% faster, and the first fully charged sniper shot out of invisible, if it hits a target, will reduce teleporter cooldown by 1/2/3/4 seconds.
    - Justice: if teleporter pass through any enemy, it will drag that enemy with it, and no longer teleport. Enemy will remained stuck to the teleporter until it ends. Teleporter can drag up to 1/2/3/4 enemies, and will increase distant by 25/50/75/100% when it drags any enemies.
    - Mortal's Thunder: when deploy the teleporter, Kinessa flies high up in the air, by receiving a 2000/4000/6000/8000 impulse. Kinessa can also scope in after flying up to 25/50/75/100% of max height and can perform 1 sniper shoot, and it will be fully charged upon scoping in.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Even in casual you can face multiple flankers and be fine. Also, keep in mind if an enemy is in your mines your carbine does as much damage as Viktor's assault rifle. Be mobile, make space, use the map to your advantage. Kinessa doesn't need a bunch of crazy cards to deal with flankers.

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyonala View Post
    So I think we should add a few cards to her teleport that will help. Here is my idea:
    There's game breaking and then there's nuclear exchange.
    This is a nuke. Two Thousand damage?

Direct damage is indicative of the champion. So her only Direct Damage should be the sniper rifle. It's been offered already that a 'ideal' change would be self-detonating mines that either offer a short stun or kinetic kick like Poppy Seeds.
    Cards could increase kick or lengthen stun. This would not guarentee an escape but give flankers a moment of hesitation- No situation should allow for one class to feel one hundred percent confidant.

Banned Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Kinessa has more than enough card options to help her cope with flankers. Too many Kinessa players run sniper improvement builds when they have flankers to deal with, that is their own fault. She has a lot of solid builds that will make any flankers life a nightmare if they try to take her out.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    2000 Damage?

BARRAGE INCOMING!
    #Buff Buck
    #Buff Barik
    #Nerf Maeve to G Tier plz

~~ Warriors Ruined the NBA ~~

Check out my blog for all things Paladins!

Current Goals
    Goal: Level 70 Drogoz Current: Level 56
    Goal: 2 Global KDA Current: 1.74 KDA
    Goal: Global Winrate of 55% Current: ~52.5%

Recently Met
    Goal: 200,000 Healing 208,192 on 1/02/2018 as Mal'Damba

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 7 days registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHamlet View Post
    There's game breaking and then there's nuclear exchange.
    This is a nuke. Two Thousand damage?

Direct damage is indicative of the champion. So her only Direct Damage should be the sniper rifle. It's been offered already that a 'ideal' change would be self-detonating mines that either offer a short stun or kinetic kick like Poppy Seeds.
    Cards could increase kick or lengthen stun. This would not guarentee an escape but give flankers a moment of hesitation- No situation should allow for one class to feel one hundred percent confidant.
    Eh, how is this game breaking?

These cards offer precisely what you're looking for, forcing flanker to hesitate. Should I try and finish off this teleporting Kinessa, or should I run to cover to avoid a massive explosion? Should I try to continue finding that Kinessa, or should I run away now that the Kinessa can potentially snipe me while invisible? Etc.

Your mine idea is good too, but here I'm just making card for Transporter.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyonala View Post
    Eh, how is this game breaking?

These cards offer precisely what you're looking for, forcing flanker to hesitate. Should I try and finish off this teleporting Kinessa, or should I run to cover to avoid a massive explosion? Should I try to continue finding that Kinessa, or should I run away now that the Kinessa can potentially snipe me while invisible? Etc.

Your mine idea is good too, but here I'm just making card for Transporter.
    Think about this, Bomb King's ult deals 2200 damage and stuns for less than 4 seconds
    #Buff Buck
    #Buff Barik
    #Nerf Maeve to G Tier plz

~~ Warriors Ruined the NBA ~~

Check out my blog for all things Paladins!

Current Goals
    Goal: Level 70 Drogoz Current: Level 56
    Goal: 2 Global KDA Current: 1.74 KDA
    Goal: Global Winrate of 55% Current: ~52.5%

Recently Met
    Goal: 200,000 Healing 208,192 on 1/02/2018 as Mal'Damba

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    I...just....got......TRIGGERED

Guy it's broken, and the concepts are absurd for that character. I agree to fix something about the teleporter (for ex. it can be destryed, making it indistructible would be already a good and not huge buff), but this cards are... so broken..
    The heroes I loved the most when I started my adventure on Paladins:

MAKOA
    "The wise turtle"

CASSIE
    "The smart archer"

EVIE
    "The exuberant witch"

YING
    "The charming elf"