Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Troubleshooting Patching and Installation Issues

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hi do you have any software to repair on MAC OSX?

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    I am receiving a “Failed to Start Authenticate and Update Service” message. I followed all of your instructions, but it still requiers this service. Because of i installed this game from steam, there is no function "run as administrator". I also tried to search for services, but i found only two things, related to paladins: "service disovery" and SDD file that was in that folder.
    Also, i tried to open "InstallHirezService.exe", but all i could is delete/don't delete this service. The last try to launch this game was to restart my computer, but this was useles

P.S. I downloaded and played this game at summer 2016. From august 2017 until today i abadoned this game. Totaly i played 70 hours, so this error is maybe related with last updates.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Hey, with the recent patch, for some reason the launcher cannot take the update on pc. It downloaded properly, but it will not apply to the launcher. Whenever the launcher comes up, it says "Cannot start Hi-Rez Authenticate and Update Service." I've tried running it as administrator and by using the diagnosis service with neither working. The diagnosis was unable to even locate my game. I tried turning my antivirus off, redownloading, but to no avail. If there is any other ways of solving this issue, please let me know.

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Can you see the service here? Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Administrative Tools \ Services

Authenticate and Update service not working : http://hirezstudios.force.com/suppor...fs=Search&pn=1
    Separately download and try to reinstall the service here : : http://www.mediafire.com/file/hi6i97...rezService.exe
    Before removing it :

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    I went and activated it several times, but each time I got a message that said "it started and stopped."

Level
    Achievements:
    Did you try to restart and put the service in automatic mode?

You can try to check the game files .
    The more I do not know how to solve your problem, I would just reinstall the game.

Ctrl + Alt + Del = > task manager, there should also be a visible and working service

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezStew View Post
    I have a beta key, or purchased the Founder's Pack. How do I install Paladins?

Step 1: Download the Paladins installer: http://cds.q6u4m8x5.hwcdn.net/Instal...llPaladins.exe

Step 2: Use your existing Hi-Rez Account to login to the launcher. You likely have a Hi-Rez Account if you played SMITE, Global Agenda or Tribes: Ascend. If you do not have a Hi-Rez account, you can easily create one in the launcher.

Step 3: In the launcher, after the game downloads, you will be prompted to enter your Beta Key. If you purchased the Founders Pack on our website, the account you purchased the Founder's Pack with is already authorized.

Step 4: Enjoy the game!!!

If you have an issue with the installation, please keep reading!

I receive a “Waiting for Download” message

This means that another Hi-Rez game (such as SMITE or Tribes: Ascend) is currently installing or updating. You can check this by clicking the gear shift in the bottom left and clicking the “Troubleshoot” button. All games are listed in the Installed Games section towards the bottom.

I am receiving a “Version Mismatch” message

This message means that one of your games is not on the correct version. Close your launcher and relaunch as administrator. If an update does not occur after doing this and logging back in, click the gear shift in the bottom left of the launcher > click the “Troubleshoot” button > click the “Check for Updates” button.

I am receiving a “Failed to Start Authenticate and Update Service” message

This message can appear in several forms, but there are a few key things to do for any Update Service error.

First, make sure you are running the launcher as administrator by right clicking your shortcut and selecting “Run as Administrator.” If that does not resolve your issue, check to make sure the update service is actually started.

To check if the Update Service is running, do a Windows search for ‘services’ and then look for the service called “Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service.” If the status of this service is not “Started” right click the service and select “Start.” If for any reason you are unable to start the service, reboot your PC and try again.

It is also possible to simply not have the service installed. If that is the case, you will need to run InstallHirezService.exe from your redist folder of your installation directory.

My “PLAY” button now says “FIX” and pressing it does not do anything

When this occurs, it is best to follow the steps in the section above regarding the update service.

I receive a message saying that I am missing pre-reqs or a specific file

This issue can most often be resolved by re-running prerequisites. To do this, click the gear shift in the bottom left of the launcher then press the “Troubleshoot” button. Next, click the “Re-run Prerequisites” button at the bottom.

If that does not fix the issue, repeat the process but press the “Validate/Repair” button instead.

I am experiencing a different issue from above or the above steps did not fix my problem

In the event that the above steps do not work or you are experiencing an unrelated problem, the best thing to do would be to download and run the following repair tool. After downloading the tool, it is best to right-click on the executable and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

http://cds.q6u4m8x5.hwcdn.net/Instal...RepairTool.exe
    so my thing is slow download its downloading from 2-3pm till now and it isnt even on 50% there is no other device connected and i tried to restart the net

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38

Version Mismatched

everytime I download PTS, its always version mismatched I tried re-installing it and running it as and admin but still the same. Kindly e-mail me as soon as possible, archeusyt24@gmail.com

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Archuse View Post
    everytime I download PTS, its always version mismatched I tried re-installing it and running it as and admin but still the same. Kindly e-mail me as soon as possible, archeusyt24@gmail.com

Now the test server does not work, that's why it writes, when the update was installed on live servers, the test server is turned off.
    Wait when there will be an announcement of the next update, usually it happens before the weekend or on the weekend, and updates are put somewhere on Thursday, here in this interval and next time the test server will be turned on to test the update before installing on live servers