Thread: Troubleshooting Patching and Installation Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Closed Beta Tester

Troubleshooting Patching and Installation Issues

I have a beta key, or purchased the Founder's Pack. How do I install Paladins?

Step 1: Download the Paladins installer: http://cds.q6u4m8x5.hwcdn.net/Instal...llPaladins.exe

Step 2: Use your existing Hi-Rez Account to login to the launcher. You likely have a Hi-Rez Account if you played SMITE, Global Agenda or Tribes: Ascend. If you do not have a Hi-Rez account, you can easily create one in the launcher.

Step 3: In the launcher, after the game downloads, you will be prompted to enter your Beta Key. If you purchased the Founders Pack on our website, the account you purchased the Founder's Pack with is already authorized.

Step 4: Enjoy the game!!!

If you have an issue with the installation, please keep reading!

I receive a “Waiting for Download” message

This means that another Hi-Rez game (such as SMITE or Tribes: Ascend) is currently installing or updating. You can check this by clicking the gear shift in the bottom left and clicking the “Troubleshoot” button. All games are listed in the Installed Games section towards the bottom.

I am receiving a “Version Mismatch” message

This message means that one of your games is not on the correct version. Close your launcher and relaunch as administrator. If an update does not occur after doing this and logging back in, click the gear shift in the bottom left of the launcher > click the “Troubleshoot” button > click the “Check for Updates” button.

I am receiving a “Failed to Start Authenticate and Update Service” message

This message can appear in several forms, but there are a few key things to do for any Update Service error.

First, make sure you are running the launcher as administrator by right clicking your shortcut and selecting “Run as Administrator.” If that does not resolve your issue, check to make sure the update service is actually started.

To check if the Update Service is running, do a Windows search for ‘services’ and then look for the service called “Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service.” If the status of this service is not “Started” right click the service and select “Start.” If for any reason you are unable to start the service, reboot your PC and try again.

It is also possible to simply not have the service installed. If that is the case, you will need to run InstallHirezService.exe from your redist folder of your installation directory.

My “PLAY” button now says “FIX” and pressing it does not do anything

When this occurs, it is best to follow the steps in the section above regarding the update service.

I receive a message saying that I am missing pre-reqs or a specific file

This issue can most often be resolved by re-running prerequisites. To do this, click the gear shift in the bottom left of the launcher then press the “Troubleshoot” button. Next, click the “Re-run Prerequisites” button at the bottom.

If that does not fix the issue, repeat the process but press the “Validate/Repair” button instead.

I am experiencing a different issue from above or the above steps did not fix my problem

In the event that the above steps do not work or you are experiencing an unrelated problem, the best thing to do would be to download and run the following repair tool. After downloading the tool, it is best to right-click on the executable and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

http://cds.q6u4m8x5.hwcdn.net/Instal...RepairTool.exe
    Last edited by HiRezAlyssa; 09-26-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I go to make a player username but it says my login info is invalid is it the game or something else

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by kiceashlex View Post
    I go to make a player username but it says my login info is invalid is it the game or something else
    i know im prob late but just log out of the launcher and log back in that should work

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    I am getting a "402 CreateFile Failed" window whenever I try to install the game.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    I am getting a "402 CreateFile Failed" window whenever I try to install the game. pl help me

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    my game will randomly stop responding to the point when i close it and try to relaunch it will freeze at the Black screen and stop responding. I can only play again after restarting my PC

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    +1 :ccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    I am getting a "402 CreateFile Failed" window whenever I try to install the game.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Hello
    I purchased a beta key to Paladins. Ive just redeem this in launcher and its worked. When I run a game, in login menu under Login and Password I have red-text: "the login information submitted is invalid". Its first time I logging in, well I dont know why I have this problem. Its not a problem, because I can log in. When Im writing my login and password, next I have a Regulations and I accepted that. Next I must write my Nickname. When I picked anythink: For example: KochamMaslo, Its loading and then I have the same error: "the login information submitted is invalid" under my nickname. I cant play, because I cant pick my Nickname. I tried different nickname. Its not working. Please help me, because I want to play this brilliant game!
    PS: Login and logout from launcher isn't worked for me

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    If you're having this "Create player name" issue the fix is to log out of the launcher and log back in again.