Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Evie Balancing Suggestions.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Evie Balancing Suggestions.

As of right now I can't really put my thoughts into words about Evie, but the one thing I will say right now is that I think the way her kit is right now is making her state of balance fairly finnicky, and that I think it requires some deep changes to sort of "fix" Evie and put her in a better state where she can safely receive more changes that won't send her plummeting upward or downward on the "Balance Ladder".

1. Increasing her base health to 2000 -

Evie is incredibly fragile, being able to die to a stiff breeze or a couple of shots from a single enemy.

2. Increasing the speed of her projectiles, at the cost of some damage -

Evie's damage output currently is ridiculous, allowing her to two/three shot most enemies from full health. Yet at the same time aiming with Evie is atrocious with how slow her projectiles are, allowing most characters to even side step them at close range unless she shoots at their feet.

I think something that'd help put her in a more "easily accessible" spot for newer / less experienced players would be to lower her damage output a bit but increase the speed of her projectiles, making it easier and more appealing to go for those direct shots whilst also stopping her from two shotting a squishy in seconds.

3. Increasing the cooldown of Blink by 2 seconds for a total of 6 seconds.

Right now fighting Evie is an incredible exercise in frustration because of one ability - Blink.

Repeating Combo Damage aside, Blink makes Evie an incredibly tough opponent to kill - at a moments notice she can Blink right next to you, deal a good health chunking shot, and right as you start retaliating will immediately Blink away to safety, repeating the process over and over.

This situation gets especially worse once you factor in Wormhole, as it makes her escape that much better / easier by allowing her to Blink in, hit you, then reposition back to her original spot and Ice Block or Soar away.

I think upping the cooldown by 2 seconds in addition to at least the health increase would be a fair trade off all things considered.

4. Reworking Ice Block into a new ability

Ice Block right now is both one of the greatest and worst abilities in the game - on one hand it makes Evie invincible for 3 whole seconds (which matters a great deal), but at the same time prevents her from doing anything and leaves her open to fire from anyone around her the second it ends.

And when Ice Block used to have a combo with Blink the situation was downright awful, with Evie being able to Ice Block for invulnerability then Blink to safety with no penalties whatsoever.

I think given the sort of "Hyper Mobile" character she is (or Hi-Rez wants her role to be) the ability just doesn't fit with her playstyle, and should be reworked into something else - either a new "defensive" ability that shares the role of Reversal and Recovery allowing Androxus and Buck to survive in a prolonged fight, or a new offensive ability that allows Evie to split more of her damage between her kit, not forcing her to front load most of it on her Ice Staff.

Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Evie's ulti can be replaced with ice block little smaller and reduced effect time. And her Ulti can be changed in a large area ice meteors falling 500dmg each total((8 meteors)) of 4k dmg for 4 secs. And she'll be prevented from any dmg or stun while ultimate is in process.

And also I think increasing the blink cooldown is a bad idea cause evie cant do anything without blink dmg buff.
    Last edited by LookGooD; 10-25-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Why? Why do you want to decrease her efficiency for the sake of letting new players play it? 50% of champions already need little to no aiming at all to perform well. I don't even get the point of these changes.

She has 2nd worst dps of all flanks , if you increase her effective range (which will just increase effectiveness of long range spam), her health and lower her dps, she will be even more annoying and even less effective. Even now her numbers are set up with 69% (or 60%? I don't know if they are additive or multiplicative) damage buff in mind and standard blink buff doesn't let you 2shot anything with more hp than Viktor has. That makes Evie bad at direct 1v1 (which is okay) and forces her to hunt down damaged enemies (which is also okay). But if you decrease her damage, she will be just blinking around annoying people til they realize they can just ignore her because 1 shot at her forces her to retreat.

The only thing I agree with is changing Ice Block. Preferably to something that reliably marks or applies slow, she has tools to run away and she doesn't need anything to take damage head-on.

This post might be logically inconsistent because writing essays on smartphone is dumb. Apologies.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by jaladreips View Post
    Why? Why do you want to decrease her efficiency for the sake of letting new players play it? 50% of champions already need little to no aiming at all to perform well. I don't even get the point of these changes.

She has 2nd worst dps of all flanks , if you increase her effective range (which will just increase effectiveness of long range spam), her health and lower her dps, she will be even more annoying and even less effective. Even now her numbers are set up with 69% (or 60%? I don't know if they are additive or multiplicative) damage buff in mind and standard blink buff doesn't let you 2shot anything with more hp than Viktor has. That makes Evie bad at direct 1v1 (which is okay) and forces her to hunt down damaged enemies (which is also okay). But if you decrease her damage, she will be just blinking around annoying people til they realize they can just ignore her because 1 shot at her forces her to retreat.

The only thing I agree with is changing Ice Block. Preferably to something that reliably marks or applies slow, she has tools to run away and she doesn't need anything to take damage head-on.

This post might be logically inconsistent because writing essays on smartphone is dumb. Apologies.
    I couldn't say better. All Bucks and Androxes wants to dominate everyone..((Buck is doing this sh1t already..)) and they want to get rid of evie completly after blink + ice block ability as they did to skye. So Im saying BRING BACK THE ICE BLOCK+ BLINK..

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by jaladreips View Post

Actually Evie's DPS is quite high per shot - she deals 930 damage on a direct hit, whilst comparably Buck only deals 540 and Androxus deals 620 per shot.

Admittedly they both fire faster than her (Androxus by a hell of a lot and and Buck by just a tiny bit more), so her damage isn't exactly lacking.

And the idea I'm going for is increasing her efficiency by giving her more survivability and attacks more befitting an actual fight as opposed to something so slow that you have to hug someone or completely blindside someone to actually hit, whilst also toning down her mobility to something a bit more in-line with other Champions instead of the constantly Blinking menace she is now.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LookGooD View Post
    I couldn't say better. All Bucks and Androxes wants to dominate everyone..((Buck is doing this sh1t already..)) and they want to get rid of evie completly after blink + ice block ability as they did to skye. So Im saying BRING BACK THE ICE BLOCK+ BLINK..
    Bringing back Ice Block Blink combo is an awful idea because thats only going to make Evie a top pick in all levels again by giving her both invincibility and a free escape in one combo.

Thats bullshit that she not only gets to become immune to damage and CC but also gets the ability to use her movement ability at the same time.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchias View Post
    Bringing back Ice Block Blink combo is an awful idea because thats only going to make Evie a top pick in all levels again by giving her both invincibility and a free escape in one combo.

Thats bullshit that she not only gets to become immune to damage and CC but also gets the ability to use her movement ability at the same time.
    Ice block blink combo needs to come back. With a nerf or not it needs to.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LookGooD View Post
    If you want to bring it back so bad what should happen is Evie should then get at least a low maximum distance she can blink to instead of the full distance she had before.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I'd like to see the ice block be reworked or replaced, but tbh all she needs is a boost to her firing speed and AOE to be a lot more effective.

Banned Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Ice Block is total garbage skill, the worst skill in the game, you use it and YOU DIE!!!
    it straight up MAKES SURE you DIE! its totally broken

i just played 3 games with Evie, and EVERY time i used Ice Block, i was killed instantly when emerging,
    people see Ice Block and theyre like "ooh goodie! free kill!!!" .. seriously, once i had 2 guys come running and stand by me waiting for it to end

SUPER TROLL SKILL!

if you play Evie ... NEVER use Ice Block!! its the button of death
    ONLY thing its good for is when you hide in a corner to heal, but if someone happens to see it they will stand by like "trolololol you dead fool"

and one game there was a Evie on other team, she used Ice Block ... i knew what to do.. EVERYONE does!! .. its sooo silly!
    .. oh yeah , like me and 2 other dudes came running "oh free kill!"

but hmmm i guess you can use it as bait/ waste enemies time huh?
    but it just seems sooo dumb...
    Evie should get credits for dying then...
    "within 0.1 secs of exiting Ice Block, if you die, gain credits" - youd get level 3 everything in like half a match lol
    Last edited by CaoCao777; 10-25-2016 at 05:17 AM.