Thread: The Discussion of Cheats/Hacks- What is ok and what is not.

Forum Moderator Sovereign Prince MagicFighter's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points

The Discussion of Cheats/Hacks- What is ok and what is not.

So over the past month and few patches we have gotten a lot of posts retaining to the spotting of hackers such as aim bots, wall hacks, and other various issues from cheating in Paladins throughout the General Discussion and Misc Feedback areas of the forums. I am making this post to remind the members of this community of what is allowed for posting and discussion and what is not allowed for posting. I have been trying to cut some slack on some of the hacking sightings posts but some things cannot be allowed. So here is a bit of an explanation...

I FOUND A HACKER IN MY GAMES
    -Reports are always helpful! Thank you for letting us know that you have spotted that someone was cheating and not playing the game the way it was supposed to. Discussion of this is fine as it is very frustrating to have this happen to you. Make sure to submit a support ticket with evidence so that Hirez can review it and take it from there, or use the in-game report system.

HEY ______ IS A DIRTY HACKER
    -Naming and Shaming, Witch Hunting, and Defamatory are not allowed on the Paladins Forum, as per the forum's code of conduct. It does not matter whether they are a cheater, are advertising hacks, or are generally rude players. Please prohibit form posting names, this must be handled in a support ticket to Hirez or the use of the In-Game Report System.

I NEED HELP ON REPORTING CHEATERS
    -We are happy to help with that! If you are unsure with how things work here, asking a question is perfectly fine. Links can easily be directed for you to report your problems in the game.

I HAVE A VIDEO OF A HACKER
    -That is good, you have evidence for the Hirez Support Team to look at the player. Posting the video will still count as Witch Hunting and will be dealt with on the forums; usually by an edit out of the original post or outright closing of a thread.

HIREZ NEEDS TO DO A BETTER JOB AT THIS
    -Community feedback is always welcome. Letting them know what is troubling you the most is helpful and informative.

HIREZ DOESN'T CARE
    -If Hirez didn't care about this game then they would of dropped it completely by now and have sent everyone back to Smite and Jet Pack Fighter. Just because there isn't always an official response to subject does not mean that the issue is ignored.

MOD PLEASE HELP BAN
    -I am sorry but we are only volunteer moderators for this Forum, we have no control over banning players in game or contesting a ban.

I HAVE A LINK TO A CHEATING WEBSITE
    -Any form of hacking or cheating advertisement on the forums will lead to an immediate infraction for the user who posted them. We do not allow such advertisement on the Forums in any shape or form at all. Multiple posts of hacking advertisement will lead to your posting privileges being removed (Ban).

I hope that this post helps brighten up what is and isn't allowed for discussion on the forums.
    Last edited by MagicFighter; 10-23-2016 at 08:45 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Need to contact Hirez Support? Use this link.
    Find an annoying Bug or Glitch? Post it in here!
    Make sure to read the Forum Code of Conduct guidelines.