PDA

View Full Version : So... how do i get good at this game?

Sky01
07-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Hey, guys.

I was never actually a true fan of FPS, but i decided to give Paladins a try. The game looks at least OK, but i have a problem: I'm bad at it.
Yes, i know basically the rules of each mode... But i'm still bad when going against players, how do i get good at the game?

TGrG
07-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Play a lot, practice. As far as the basic shooting goes, most of it is reflexes and they improve the more you play. As far as everything else goes, just watch your team and the enemy team, look at how they play, how they use their abilities and learn the maps (again, by playing more).

There is a subforum somewhere around here that gives newbie tips and strategies on the various characters, but if you're not a big FPS player to begin with, playing more is where you should focus on.

GhostOokami
07-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Need some more info before anyone can really help. What do you mean by bad against players?

What level are you?
Who do you like to play?
Have you built custom decks for the characters you play as?
Have you tried to play every character in the game so far? Or do you at least know what they all do and know who counters who?
Are you having trouble landing hits?

Theres a lot of stuff that could be going on here but giving us a little more info might help narrow it down and for people to provide their assistance.

Sky01
07-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Need some more info before anyone can really help. What do you mean by bad against players?

What level are you?
Who do you like to play?
Have you built custom decks for the characters you play as?
Have you tried to play every character in the game so far? Or do you at least know what they all do and know who counters who?
Are you having trouble landing hits?

Theres a lot of stuff that could be going on here but giving us a little more info might help narrow it down and for people to provide their assistance.

Level 5 currently, and yes, i'm having trouble landing hits
The thing is i got despondent after several hours playing against players and feeding/not doing much in every single game.

For the other questions, the answer is no.

RightToBearArms
07-21-2016, 08:42 PM
It certainly takes a lot of practice as stated. I've worked my way up to level 28/29 with just playing a ton, and watching some players play on like Twitch/Youtube and stuff. They're always cool with sharing how they build a deck and how to use a character and how to avoid the characters counters and so on. Also, there are plenty of people who'd love a teammate to play with so if you want to gain and share knowledge, teaming up is your best bet. As for aiming, find a sensitivity that you don't spin out of control but you can move with ease making sure you can turn fast if needed. Practice is really your best bet at improving aim. Other than that you'll be good in no time, Paladins is certainly one of those games you feel hopeless playing but as you keep playing, things improve. (Also it's not always your fault, some players are learning to play too :P)

Sky01
07-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Also, where can i check my ping?
In some games i sense a bit of lag '~'

RightToBearArms
07-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Also, where can i check my ping?
In some games i sense a bit of lag '~'

I believe F8 works, (At least in Smite, another Hi-Rez title) So I think it's the same.

FenexDragonis
07-21-2016, 09:27 PM
#1 Practice...
#2 Be willing to learn
#3 attitude is everything... meaning none of this blaming everyone else crap.. (god im sick of seeing the guy the bottom of the score board crying about everyone else)

its all about being willing to learn improve and grow as a player..

GhostOokami
07-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Its F9 to check ping.

As what everyone else is sayin, just practice. That's ultimately the main factor in all of this. While playing you will learn all the other characters moves and counters. I still recommend playing everyone at least once to get more of a feel for them though. Some characters are harder at landing hits than others. For me I have a hard time playing Androxus landing hits. The other thing I would recommend is to take a look at the cards, save up some gold and build a custom deck. They are fairly cheap and can change the way you play a lot.

Good luck!

Sky01
07-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Its F9 to check ping.

As what everyone else is sayin, just practice. That's ultimately the main factor in all of this. While playing you will learn all the other characters moves and counters. I still recommend playing everyone at least once to get more of a feel for them though. Some characters are harder at landing hits than others. For me I have a hard time playing Androxus landing hits. The other thing I would recommend is to take a look at the cards, save up some gold and build a custom deck. They are fairly cheap and can change the way you play a lot.

Good luck!

OK, thanks.
But where can i learn more about custom decks?

Sky01
07-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Also, i play with 200 ping, how can i lower it?

fieryred
07-22-2016, 02:30 PM
OK, thanks.
But where can i learn more about custom decks?

If you go to paladins training centre on discord they will help you a lot and if you have a headset it will be even better. You can look at decks in paladinsdecks.com this is the link http://www.paladinsdecks.com/
gl hf

Suspensorio
07-22-2016, 04:18 PM
And as far as landing hits go, practice is key. But having a good mouse (not necessarily expensive, but no jerking, right weight, good grip, etc) helps a lot. Check your sensitivity in options, it must feel absolutely natural to move the aim. If you feel you move your mouse and it end a bit farther than where you intended, reduce it a little, and experiment.

Dralec
07-22-2016, 04:21 PM
step 1: play grover
step 2: win world championship

stryker97
07-22-2016, 07:38 PM
just as any game just practice

ZionPulse
07-22-2016, 07:57 PM
just as any game just practice
Or aimbot.....