PDA

View Full Version : I love the game and all but...

Duster47
11-22-2015, 11:02 PM
I swear some of these players make me want to pull my hair out :(

met a troll one day, and earlier today I met a player who picked skye, sucked as her and called me retarded because no one on my team understood that this is a point capture game, not deathmatch? Lol as anyone encountered anything like this?

I mean I was Fernando so naturally I go for the points, but could use some back up you know??

JohanGorbachev
11-23-2015, 12:04 AM

met a troll one day, and earlier today I met a player who picked skye, sucked as her and called me retarded because no one on my team understood that this is a point capture game, not deathmatch? Lol as anyone encountered anything like this?

I mean I was Fernando so naturally I go for the points, but could use some back up you know??

Welcome to the internet. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Ashi
11-23-2015, 12:22 AM

Its people being stupid. The game has been out for a week and already they think they have established the meta.

Duster47
11-23-2015, 12:29 AM
Yeah.. I just figured it'd be common sense to just take the point, but fight the other team on the point except for being like 100 feet back lol

Aerofluxx
11-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Sad but true.

But that's how online games are...Sorry to see such dum**** people already in this game.
Some of them believe they already know everything and are the real "Champions of the realm" :-)

Good tip here: Pick some people you know and play with them. The whole game is a lot more fun.
If you have to play random, just ignore everything in the chat. Don't let they make you angry!

All the best and keep on learning :-)
Aerofluxx

Swiftburn
11-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Welcome to the internet. I hope you enjoy your stay.

ZOMG lol, love it

Duster47
11-23-2015, 10:29 AM
I played with a 4 man premade..we did nothing but win or 6 games we played together lol

Spritzo
11-23-2015, 11:10 AM
... that this is a point capture game, not deathmatch? ...

People don't understand this concept; it's almost foreign to them. Winning is one thing, but winning and having a nice KDA is even better! Why settle for just some EXP and a chest by actually capturing the point and working together like a team, when you can settle for that, AND bragging rights?

That's the problem here. Too many players would rather get kills than stand on the point, or push enemies off the point. I've run into this a few times now and it can get incredibly frustrating.

TraiHarder
11-23-2015, 11:31 AM
People don't understand this concept; it's almost foreign to them. Winning is one thing, but winning and having a nice KDA is even better! Why settle for just some EXP and a chest by actually capturing the point and working together like a team, when you can settle for that, AND bragging rights?

That's the problem here. Too many players would rather get kills than stand on the point, or push enemies off the point. I've run into this a few times now and it can get incredibly frustrating.

Omg so I'm not the only one? So far its been seeming as if I'm the only person who understands this simple truth.

I say it every game GET ON THE POINT so them playing ghrok I'm forced to go to the point my self while everyone just stands around it shooting. Like do you not get that while they stand on the point they are getting closer to a siege weapon? Once they add a deathmatch one ok sure. But until then omg lol.

Lazzrus
11-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I think this is more people just showing off than trying to improve the game.

Fantasm
11-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I love it when people think stacking on point like lemmings is the defacto way to go in a capture the point type game.

Consider also, that the enemy team will have significant difficulties contesting the point if they're too preoccupied being on res timers to do so.

Obviously if the enemy has 90% progression on the point, yea someone should be on it contesting, but there's nothing wrong with cleaning house first, and then doubling back for the point after a full or even partial wipe.

Zoltariel
11-23-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't mind losing. I don't mind dealing with players who don't understand what point capture is. Everyone can learn. It's those people who spam their emotes the whole time and all you hear is the character's voice being spammed, lol.

Spritzo
11-23-2015, 05:20 PM
It's those people who spam their emotes the whole time and all you hear is the character's voice being spammed

And this brings up another point - those VGS commands can be helpful, but most times, I tend to ignore them. Even if I do use them myself, I'm quick to ignore teammates' VGS commands but I'm not sure why. They tend to feel sarcastic and joking.

Like using Flank Left!(VA1) is a common one for me when I want our team to run around the point instead of directly on it. That way we can push the enemy back and safely cap. I also use Attack the Siege Engine!(VAE) and Defend the Siege Engine!(DAE) for obvious reasons. But, no, teammates would rather pick off the lone Pip hoping through the map.

Gotta be patient with new players. That's all