PDA

View Full Version : Pip Card Concept: Wall Rider

Trimaxium
05-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Does anyone really use Pip's 'From Above' specialty card? I'm sure some of you guys out there use it but personally I don't.

Wall Rider:
While in weightless you can now jump off of walls. Reduce the cool down of all abilities by o.5/1/1.5/2 (s) seconds for each wall he jumps off while weightless.

I think this would suit a mobility build for Pip more better. Just imagine the little guy bouncing off walls attacking.

What do you guys think?

Some credit to KitsuneKage. I got the idea from his post:
http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?7941-Jumpin-Jigglin-Jelly-Pip-(Explosive-Flask)

Portobelo
05-24-2016, 10:45 PM
spidey made a paladins account huh ? It looks like an interesting concept i wonder how it would work in practice.

GraveKnight
05-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I can't see that being horribly broken, while in a hallways, constantly bouncing between walls and a constant stream of Explosive Flask...

GrayVulpes
05-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I can't see that being horribly broken, while in a hallways, constantly bouncing between walls and a constant stream of Explosive Flask...

Nothing a bit of card tweaking can't fix.

I personally think this is a great idea! So far, it sounds like a Specialty Card, in which case, it should be strong enough to contest Medicinal Excellence and Malady - and should be relatively more powerful than other "non-specialty" cards.

And given the cooldown on Explosive Flash and the total duration of Weightless, you're not really going to get a "constant stream of Explosive Flask". More like. Maybe two Flasks within a few seconds, if you run Side Tanks (and perhaps Chronos). Maybe three, on occasion.

Trimaxium
05-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Nothing a bit of card tweaking can't fix.

I personally think this is a great idea! So far, it sounds like a Specialty Card, in which case, it should be strong enough to contest Medicinal Excellence and Malady - and should be relatively more powerful than other "non-specialty" cards.

And given the cooldown on Explosive Flash and the total duration of Weightless, you're not really going to get a "constant stream of Explosive Flask". More like. Maybe two Flasks within a few seconds, if you run Side Tanks (and perhaps Chronos). Maybe three, on occasion.

Yeah I forgot to add in that it would be a specialty card. Also there aren't that many hallways or tight corners for him to bounce around a lot in so to really be a kill tactic you would have to lure people into tight corners. Maybe in the new skirmish arena it would be broken but it could also backfire, one wrong wall jump in fire pit area and RIP Pip.

dusan4
05-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Cool but CD reduce would be OP.

Trimaxium
05-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Cool but CD reduce would be OP.

Maybe they can do something better other than cool down reduction. Any ideas?

fieryred
06-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Maybe they can do something better other than cool down reduction. Any ideas?

enemies near some radius would be stunned, it a great way to escape and a great way to attack