PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on Maeve

emrahkutuk786
03-08-2018, 01:26 PM
This is what I feel should be done to balance her again...

Reduce the damage of Street Justice to around 15-20%

Increase daggers back to 450 and pounce back to 500

Apply damage falloff from x distance

Increase movement speed back to what it's supposed to be

ernhn
03-08-2018, 01:36 PM
I'm just going to quote myself from another post (http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?71996-Revert-Unecessary-Nerfs);

Her burst is currently high because she doesn't have drop off and because of legendaries that give her insane damage boost. Like 30% more after prowl, or additional 30% of enemy's health damage on pounce etc. If they give her drop off over distance and nerf these legendaries, she will be dead like Skye. That's why they should buff her basic kit to balance between her legendaries and base abilities. I truly believe she will be very balanced with my suggestions. An example of Maeve's balance;

Andro has 300 range with 580 damage per shot. He shoots every .36s and it makes 2 full shots, meaning 1160 damage in one second. Maeve deals 800 damage every second without range limit. I say, give her range between 500-600 (middle-ish) with 840 damage(420 per dagger) per second and after let's say 550 range, she will start losing damage until 300 dmg per dagger. And her pounce can have 475 dmg instead of 400. She won't be OP at all, she'll only be deadly in close range(just like now). To compensate, her legendaries can be like this;
*Artful Dodger=Cleanses CC and heals 320 health. (It is 380 health now)
*Cat Burglar=Deal 15% more damage with your first two shots (It is 30% currently)
*Rogue's Gambit=Kills resets the cooldown of Pounce and Pounce deals 10% more damage (It gets reset by Eliminations now)
*Street Justice=Pounce deals 15% of the target’s missing health as bonus damage (It is 30% currently)

These changes will not allow her to abuse burst damage on long range. And she'll be only viable in close to mid range. Just like how a flank should be.

NaixSenpai
03-08-2018, 02:08 PM
ur mastery 25 whit maeve ? what a noob maeve. you dont even have her title now is lvl 30 to get title
lel change it emrah.

and YES +rep. we should undo the nerf cuz of unbound

emrahkutuk786
03-08-2018, 02:43 PM
That's basically what I said just changed values and detail on the other 'talents'

EinMeister
03-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Her Prowl is slow and noisy, her pounce deals no dmg and nine lives resets trash abilities

Sterben
03-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Lol.......
Git Gud mate.....
Maeve can carry Whole games if played correctly
Also now the loadout system make her fast as fuck if u make the deck for that
For god sake nowdays she jumps so high its almost another Drogoz

emrahkutuk786
03-09-2018, 02:50 AM
Lol.......
Git Gud mate.....
Maeve can carry Whole games if played correctly
Also now the loadout system make her fast as fuck if u make the deck for that
For god sake nowdays she jumps so high its almost another Drogoz

Are you telling me to get good??

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/6d/f9/ca6df92ebd9e89f002623beda370970a.png

NaixSenpai
03-09-2018, 03:27 AM
Get Gud :<

i know that 15 point lvl can make different. but that 15 is for all champion not only maeve or evie if they can have lvl 5 cards sure OP talus can too and UP skye and willo

maeve skye evie and willo need a huge buff no kidding

ernhn
03-09-2018, 04:41 AM
maeve skye evie and willo need a huge buff no kidding

If they could revert the nerfs and rework on legendaries to compensate, everything will be alright.
BUT NO, let's never nerf Buck or Talus and give Kinessa mobility that makes her teleport like Evie and never nerf Makoa but make sure to nerf Barik. This is what they must be thinking at Hi-Rez.

NKWiewior
03-09-2018, 05:05 AM
If they could revert the nerfs and rework on legendaries to compensate, everything will be alright.
BUT NO, let's never nerf Buck or Talus and give Kinessa mobility that makes her teleport like Evie and never nerf Makoa but make sure to nerf Barik. This is what they must be thinking at Hi-Rez.

The problem is that Hi-rez looks mainly on numbers, not opinions. That means most of the time if champion has < 50% winrate = nerf > 50% = buff

emrahkutuk786
03-09-2018, 05:38 AM
There's also the pro play that influences their decisions...

NaixSenpai
03-09-2018, 06:24 AM
if that was a thing, we should see alot makoa nerf and moji nerf. i dont think hierz nerfing or buffing is based on win rate.
like why they nerfed barik ? or why they nerf skye again ? im sure these 2 dont have high winrate.

ernhn
03-09-2018, 07:45 AM
if that was a thing, we should see alot makoa nerf and moji nerf. i dont think hierz nerfing or buffing is based on win rate.
like why they nerfed barik ? or why they nerf skye again ? im sure these 2 dont have high winrate.

They do these changes based on new player's feedbacks. Because they want to expand the player base so they usually focus on newbies' feedbacks to make them play more. Make them play more = Make them like the game = Make them spend money = Profit. Because old players are going to play no matter what, they will learn other champions quicker and adjust better to changes. New players complained a lot about Barik and his turrents BOOM nerf, they complained frontlines are flanking with high health and shield BOOM nerf, they can't counter Skye with the cheapest item in the shop BOOM nerf, they want to deal high damage to get easy kills BOOM burst damage for everyone, they can't stop enemy from getting healed BOOM supports are nerfed, etc etc.

psuloruk
03-09-2018, 07:49 AM
They do these changes based on new player's feedbacks. Because they want to expand the player base so they usually focus on newbies' feedbacks to make them play more. Make them play more = Make them like the game = Make them spend money = Profit. Because old players are going to play no matter what, they will learn other champions quicker and adjust better to changes. New players complained a lot about Barik and his turrents BOOM nerf, they complained frontlines are flanking with high health and shield BOOM nerf, they can't counter Skye with the cheapest item in the shop BOOM nerf, they want to deal high damage to get easy kills BOOM burst damage for everyone, they can't stop enemy from getting healed BOOM supports are nerfed, etc etc.

yeah it's me again. dude, sometimes need unhuman reflexes to shoot in some flying/jumping champs.

NaixSenpai
03-09-2018, 11:07 AM
but that sounds pretty stupid if they want make game better for newbies then why kinnesa and strix buffed.
im sure snipers are pretty ez for newbies and they already deal damage and not fun for them to play against

psuloruk
03-09-2018, 11:25 AM
But why only flank class should be easy, it's damage class payback!!!

emrahkutuk786
03-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Who said flank class was easy back last year?

psuloruk
03-09-2018, 12:56 PM
No one, I know it

BigIvan
03-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Have a wall of text with what I think of your suggestions.

This is what I feel should be done to balance her again...

Reduce the damage of Street Justice to around 15-20%

This is definitely a good change, 30% just seems like way too much damage against tanks, which a generally supposed to be a flank counter.

Increase daggers back to 450 and pounce back to 500.

This is also a good change, mostly because of the pounce damage. Considering that you buff the pounce damage (making it actually worth using), I think that the damage bonus on Gambit should also be removed. I will also add that 450 damage daggers allow Maeve to 2 shot Evie, so she should either get a 100 hp buff or the damage per dagger should be more along the lines of 430. Either way, Maeve is in need of a base damage buff.

Apply damage falloff from x distance

I don't agree with this. I know Maeve is currently absurdly reliable over long range for a flank, and that lots of people want this added because of shit Maeves spamming over long range, but I think that there is a better alternative. Reduce the dagger speed and size noticeably, making the daggers a bit faster than pre-OB58, but also a bit smaller. Maybe also decrease the dagger gravity slightly so that the arc isn't too massive. There are a few reason that I say this. Firstly Maeve's ability to poke can be invaluable at times when your abilities are on their very long cooldowns, or when trying to punish a sniper who tries to go for you. I think that these things should take more skill as right now, just about anybody can do them without necessarily being good at Maeve and even be more effective than an actual flanking Maeve. Secondly, occasionally your daggers will end up hitting walls and other surfaces near the enemy you were aiming at without hitting them, because the hitbox is so much larger than the visible projectile. This can actually lead to you dying and not getting kills when you otherwise would've been fine.

Increase movement speed back to what it's supposed to be

I agree, but this is not very specific. I would increase her prowl speed bonus to something like 85%, but reduce its duration by about 1-2 secs. As it is right now it is easily Maeve's worst ability, as it is very loud and too slow to get away from most classes with mobility. I personally mostly use it when in a fight to throw off enemy aim and I usually only use it for like 1-2 secs before firing at the people who inevitably follow me when I try to escape. Apart from this, it would be fun if the GOTTA GO FAST character was actually fast. Alternatively buffing her base movement speed noticeably could help. Something like 430 (up from 385) might work, but it would probably be a bit too good. I would love to see Maeve being able to passively wall run on top of her double jump, but that would DEFINITELY be OP.

I will also add that this doesn't solve her biggest problem at a high level of play, which is the fact that her "dodging"(by which I mean double jumping in combat) doesn't really work, as most people know how to aim well at that point and Maeve is very floaty and vulnerable in the air. to remedy this she needs more air control and a faster fallspeed.

PTLagger
03-10-2018, 09:55 PM
How about adding a third jump during Prowl in her base kit instead of old triple jump legendary? Making Maeve have triple jump is just a minor buff but still good. Oh wait... it's vertical mobility buff, that won't be happened in Hirez's balance :(

emrahkutuk786
03-11-2018, 04:49 AM
I'm glad I'm getting constructive feedback here, and trust me I'm hearing out the opinions...

Dante14COsw
03-12-2018, 05:55 PM
All maeve needs is a speed nerf, and fall off damage with the daggers.

Evie doesn't need a buff, she needs a nerf to blink's cool down, from 4 to 8 seconds.

Also evie needs a buff to rate of fire a tad bit.

ernhn
03-13-2018, 02:27 AM

Evie doesn't need a buff, she needs a nerf to blink's cool down, from 4 to 8 seconds.

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HbFSDi7.png

Alright buddy.

NKWiewior
03-13-2018, 01:54 PM

Eyyyyyy we have a new player here. So when Skye is gonna get another nerf?