PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Team balance

CodeNameKcuF
02-23-2018, 05:10 PM
Hi people, i'm just wondering why is there a system of Rank when all ranks can play together.. That's just so useless : A unranked player can play against a team with masters. That just makes the game so unfair. I played couples of games in ranked and lost so many times because in opponent's team there are more experienced players while in mine there is 1,2 sometimes 3 players that have no experience at all.
How is this fun when you already know that you'll lose just by looking at how many unranked players are in one team.
Why can't Unranked players only play with unranked, Bronze plays with Bronze, Gold with gold, masters with masters only...
I don't care queueing up for a longer time but at least i know i would have a good fight.
It's neither fun for the experienced player nor for the beginner to face up a bunch of masters who knows exactly how to play..

MrsCrii
02-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Unranked only stay unranked for 15 games (10 in season 2). You can't count on having enough unrankeds to play together all the time. Besides, it's based on the hidden mmr system, not rank. Some unrankeds will quickly attain a higher mmr than others and forcing them to play together would be unfair.

Not saying matchmaking is great as is, but you'll never get a system where unrankeds only play unrankeds, that's just not practical.

CodeNameKcuF
02-23-2018, 05:36 PM
at least let Silvers, bronze and unranked play together. Let's just say one unranked plays with 4 teamates Ranked gold against a team with 5 players ranked gold, it gives a great disadvantage to the first team, making it almost a 4 vs 5 game because he doesn't know how to play. Right when i posted this, i just happened to play a similar game. We lost 4 - 0 because we were literally playing 4 vs 5. In bronze and silver ranks, he can learn so much more than in games where he dies 20 times and eliminates nearly 0 players.

i mean what's the point to pick ranked games and play with players with no experience and mostly don't give a "S" word of what we advise him to pick as champion

CodeNameKcuF
02-23-2018, 05:44 PM
I think that you have already seen people saying something like " Please let a ranked player flank " or something so. That just means that you absolutely cannot trust an unranked player.
What's even more frustrating is when he absolutely wants to play the champion he wants to pick and gives the team a great disadvantage. we all know that the 2tanks, 1support, 1flank, 1dmg (sometimes no flank) formation is the one with the highest winrate.. when he absolutely doesn't give a "S" word, the team already loses. This is the most frustrating

CodeNameKcuF
02-23-2018, 07:51 PM
i swear to god if i ever see a unranked pick nonsense champions i'll leave the game.
Again an unranked player just picked a 2nd flank while all the team yelled him to pick a 2nd tank.
i'm out, i'll never play ranked games unless in team.
Dear Hi rez can you at least let unranked players pick their champions first so that we know how to balance the team back? because i'm getting hours and hours of desertion. If your objective is to make team unbalanced then i don't mind getting hours of desertion.

RyanGo
02-24-2018, 06:41 AM
I'm Plat 2 right now, and I'm encountering way too many unranked people in my team.

But for some reason the enemy team will have about 3 diamonds and 2 plats.

Unranked players should NOT join a match based on MMR in the early phase.

It's already frustrating enough playing against diamonds, let alone having unranked teammates in your team with it !

Let them play with bronze/silvers/unranked. There's no way anyone gets placed into plat immediately anyways.

Samercam
02-25-2018, 06:18 PM
If the point of the placement matches is to get a player to the proper MMR, why would you put a player who is clearly better than bronze/silver with just bronze/silver players? This would make it impossible for the matchmaker to know if they could hang with the higher ranks (gold+). Unranked must be placed in all sorts of matches.

CodeNameKcuF
02-25-2018, 07:42 PM
ok, now tell me do you mind if he's the last pick and you see clearly that the team needs a 2nd tank or a heal and he just picks his favorite champion even though all the other teamates yelled him not to pick it?

do you mind if he picks a flank and does absolutely not know his role as a flank against a team full of platinum players?
he would probably just rush into ennemy's team and dies instantly.

Do you mind if he absolutely does not care about losing because he's got no ranks yet?

he may be a good player but as he played less than 15 ranked games, he does absolutely not know how to play properly.

Askir07
02-28-2018, 02:50 AM
i swear to god if i ever see a unranked pick nonsense champions i'll leave the game.
Again an unranked player just picked a 2nd flank while all the team yelled him to pick a 2nd tank.
i'm out, i'll never play ranked games unless in team.

About 80% of matches I play there is one player calling out another player for picking a "nonsense champion." Too many people don't understand different tactics, different synergies between champions, etc. I miss playing in parties of 4 or 5. It's easy to win 95% of matches in a party of 4-5. Now that I can only solo or duo I often get stuck with idiots.

Just tonight I had a teamate sit at base and trash talk team because he didn't like the champion picks. Despite being 4 vs 5 we still got 2 points. Yeah we lost, but it would have been an easy win if that player wasnt butt hurt about champion picks. I wish those people could get perma banned. It's annoying to have people throw games especially when finding a comp match takes 10-20 minutes.

CodeNameKcuF
02-28-2018, 03:05 PM
About 80% of matches I play there is one player calling out another player for picking a "nonsense champion." Too many people don't understand different tactics, different synergies between champions, etc. I miss playing in parties of 4 or 5. It's easy to win 95% of matches in a party of 4-5. Now that I can only solo or duo I often get stuck with idiots.

Just tonight I had a teamate sit at base and trash talk team because he didn't like the champion picks. Despite being 4 vs 5 we still got 2 points. Yeah we lost, but it would have been an easy win if that player wasnt butt hurt about champion picks. I wish those people could get perma banned. It's annoying to have people throw games especially when finding a comp match takes 10-20 minutes.

well this could at least be reported for being afk.
what i'm talking about is in Ranked games, you're not playing for yourself. you're playing for a team. If you pick a champion that your teammates don't agree, it is your fault if you lose because your teammates have to cover you instead of doing their initial job. instance : you picked a second damage champion while your team clearly needs a heal, your frontliners will be in trouble and won't be able to tank in the middle. do you think this is good for the team? i think you've got the answer.
furthermore hirez let people to switch champions at the end of the selecting phase, that person who wants to play a damage champion can pick a heal and switch even he doesn't know how to play the champion. Problem: he does not care about the team and picks the one he wants to play. Why is that person playing in ranked games if he just want to play one and only one champion..

MrsCrii
02-28-2018, 03:14 PM
well this could at least be reported for being afk.
what i'm talking about is in Ranked games, you're not playing for yourself. you're playing for a team. If you pick a champion that your teammates don't agree, it is your fault if you lose because your teammates have to cover you instead of doing their initial job. instance : you picked a second damage champion while your team clearly needs a heal, your frontliners will be in trouble and won't be able to tank in the middle. do you think this is good for the team? i think you've got the answer.
furthermore hirez let people to switch champions at the end of the selecting phase, that person who wants to play a damage champion can pick a heal and switch even he doesn't know how to play the champion. Problem: he does not care about the team and picks the one he wants to play. Why is that person playing in ranked games if he just want to play one and only one champion..

Do you really think only unranked do this? People at every rank do stupid things sometimes. You're not going to 100% get away from that. Especially since, as you pointed out yourself, you can easily win most of your matches in a team. So there are a fair few platinums, diamonds and even masters that were carried there by a team. On their own they make suck and really have no idea how to play well because they just did whatever their friends told them to do (Probably heal bot).

Booop
02-28-2018, 04:39 PM
I'm Plat 2 right now, and I'm encountering way too many unranked people in my team.

But for some reason the enemy team will have about 3 diamonds and 2 plats.

Unranked players should NOT join a match based on MMR in the early phase.

It's already frustrating enough playing against diamonds, let alone having unranked teammates in your team with it !

Let them play with bronze/silvers/unranked. There's no way anyone gets placed into plat immediately anyways.

I was placed directly into diamond... and now I'm masters. If I was placed on with silvers and golds I would have never lost a game, and you would have HATED playing against me.

Being unranked doesn't last many matches and unranked players NEED to play against ranked players so that the MM algorithm can know where to place them.

I don't think see any valid argument for placing unranked players only with other unranked players.

I think MM has gotten a lot better. well actually this on is up for debate. I argue is has gotten better, at the cost of longer wait times.

Competitive match making used to take 2 minutes or so and the variation in borders was huge (for me at least). I'd continually play with platinums and even occasionally golds. It was brutal.

Over the last couple weeks I've noted generally much longer wait times (generally 4-8 minutes) but it's been all diamonds and above.

I'm %100 for these longer wait times if they continue to give balanced teams.

CodeNameKcuF
03-01-2018, 12:36 AM
argument is : what's the point of getting 0 elimination and getting rekt 30 times so his team will lose?
i'm okay with that system but you have to make sure both teams have the same numbers of players at the same rank. if there are 2plats in 1 team, there should be 2 plats in the other. if there are 2 unranked, there should be 2 unranked in the other. But playing a game where there are 3 unranked in one team while the other is full of plat.. I think there is a problem.

Askir07
03-02-2018, 10:21 PM
If you pick a champion that your teammates don't agree, it is your fault if you lose because your teammates have to cover you instead of doing their initial job

Yesterday I won a match with Ruckus solo tank + Grover support. So often the perceived meta is 2 front lines, 1 damage, 1 flank, 1 support. That simply is not always the best meta but people believe it to be golden. If a player doesn't get their ideal group makeup the worst thing a player can do is start to be toxic before the match even begins. Toxic groups are destined to fail.

Over the last couple weeks I've noted generally much longer wait times (generally 4-8 minutes) but it's been all diamonds and above.

I'm %100 for these longer wait times if they continue to give balanced teams.

I'm jealous. Wait times are 10-16 minutes for me.

CodeNameKcuF
03-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Hi-rez are you even reading the feedbacks.. I've had enough of those unranked players even in Diamond.
You should know that those in diamonds are supposed to know very well how to play. How can you even put unranked players in diamonds? unranked players SHOULD NEVER play with diamonds players. I just lost 2 games in a row because i'm playing games with 3diamonds, 1plat and 1 unranked vs 4diamonds 1plat team. Guess what? they won easily 4-0 because we're struggling 4vs5. that unranked player got 0 eliminations, and died 15 times.

It's not a problem playing with unranked players. BUT Would you please!!!! balance team? Like putting 1 unranked player in each team. Or even 4 diamonds 1 unranked vs 3 diamonds, 2 plat. This is more balanced.

TheTornPrince
03-19-2018, 05:20 AM
I know it's painful, couple of days ago, the magic happened and I wanna share this, I am diamond, so I went to a casual game and got 4 players UNRANKED with me.. I just tried to be nice and picked Mal Damba, and they all picked flankers and when I said please someone play front line, no one answered.. So then I saw the team had 2 tanks 1 healer 1 flank 1 damage and I was sure as hell it'll be broken and guess what... 5 goddamn grandmasters partying... I went master riding then I just went to their base and emoted near their door, none of them revived or saw me cause they never died. Never saw a team with 5 GM's, that was the most pathetic match I ever had.

M3RC3N4RI0
03-19-2018, 08:19 AM
we all know that the 2tanks, 1support, 1flank, 1dmg (sometimes no flank) formation is the one with the highest winrate..In fact it is not. It's just the pro gaming meta.

CodeNameKcuF
03-19-2018, 05:08 PM
In fact it is not. It's just the pro gaming meta.

pro choose this formation because it one of the best.. It is the less risky formation

Askir07
03-19-2018, 06:17 PM
The matchmaking quality went downhill with OB67. In comp I've seen unranked against grandmaster. Even Masters against plats or gold is dumb most the time.

CodeNameKcuF
03-19-2018, 06:21 PM
I just want Hirez to answer why are they putting people on completely different level together. What's the point to put ranks? Ranks are meant to separate different level players so that they can play with players on their level.
Now i feel like unranked games and ranked games are totally the same.

CodeNameKcuF
03-31-2018, 07:34 PM
https://i2.imgflip.com/27ildm.jpg

M3RC3N4RI0
04-01-2018, 12:48 AM
pro choose this formation because it one of the best.. It is the less risky formationOne of the best but not the best. 3 tank teams and 2 healer teams have higher winrates. By logic the best team should be 3 tanks and 2 healer. :)

OfirKing96
04-02-2018, 05:29 AM
Man matchmaking sucks right now