PDA

View Full Version : Paladins through Steam

Zeriu
11-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know how to launch Paladins through Steam? I can add the launcher with ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HirezLauncherUI.exe" game=400 product=402" and that will add the game just fine through steam. But when you actually launch the game through the launcher the launcher closes and then the game starts up but then steam is no longer launching Paladins.

Smite is now the same way since they added it to Steam, no idea what they did to make it no longer work but they changed something. Does anyone have a way around this? I would like to have my steam overlay during Paladins if at all possible if someone knows how.

Zoltariel
11-22-2015, 06:49 AM
I honestly couldn't get it to work nor could I ever get Smite to work before they put it on steam. :/

Olwe
11-22-2015, 08:32 AM
I honestly couldn't get it to work nor could I ever get Smite to work before they put it on steam. :/

Even with Steam smite doesn't work for me lol

But why do you want to use the steam overlay? Can't you just Alt+tab? (it's a real question)

Zeriu
11-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Even with Steam smite doesn't work for me lol

But why do you want to use the steam overlay? Can't you just Alt+tab? (it's a real question)

I have just always played my games on Steam and that is where all my friends are located. It is weird not having the steam overlay for my games now. If I can I will launch all my games through steam. It is like something is missing now without it.

As for Smite through steam. You used to be able to add the Hirez launcher to steam and then edit the shortcut and place "game=300 product=17" at the end of it. This would then tell the Hirez launcher to start Smite. And once Smite launcher was started after you press play. The game would still be recognised within Steam. But now when you launch it, and same goes for Paladins. Steam no longer knows Paladins or Smite is launched and then says you are not playing any games.

I know this will all be fixed once it gets added to Steam natively like Smite is now. But until then I was hoping I could add it manually.