PDA

View Full Version : Rework Inara's Ultimate

MainInara
02-15-2018, 03:16 PM
I'm level 22 with Inara, and I can say: Inara's ult is really bad. I have already tested in the shooting gallery and I have confirmed that Bomb King's Grumpy Bomb, when used with the legendary Accelerant, does the same thing as Inara's ult, same range, same reaction time, and Grumpy bomb still gives 300 of more damage than the Inara's ult. Not to mention that a Bomb King is much better served when an enemy is stunted than the Inara.
I think on the other hand, if this ult is buffed, it will be very strong and easy to use.
I propose a complete rework in the ult of Inara, something that makes the ult more difficult to use, with a stronger potential and without losing the essence of the character.
Some of my ideas to replace the current ult:
as the name of the ult is "Seismic Crash" my proposals are related to this and the current animation of her ult could be harnessed in the rework
1 - Inara's ult leaves their enemies with the image of the game shaking for a while, as if it were an earthquake, so they have difficulties to hit the shots
2 - Inara's ult turns an area of ​​the ground unstable, with cracks, and those who try to pass by will receive damage and will be slow and debilitated, works like the totem of Inara, but in a larger area

IamRick1996
02-15-2018, 06:53 PM
I'm level 22 with Inara, and I can say: Inara's ult is really bad. I have already tested in the shooting gallery and I have confirmed that Bomb King's Grumpy Bomb, when used with the legendary Accelerant, does the same thing as Inara's ult, same range, same reaction time, and Grumpy bomb still gives 300 of more damage than the Inara's ult. Not to mention that a Bomb King is much better served when an enemy is stunted than the Inara.
I think on the other hand, if this ult is buffed, it will be very strong and easy to use.
I propose a complete rework in the ult of Inara, something that makes the ult more difficult to use, with a stronger potential and without losing the essence of the character.
as the name of the ult is "Seismic Crash" my proposals are related to this and the current animation of her ult could be harnessed in the rework
1 - Inara's ult leaves their enemies with the image of the game shaking for a while, as if it were an earthquake, so they have difficulties to hit the shots
2 - Inara's ult turns an area of ​​the ground unstable, with cracks, and those who try to pass by will receive damage and will be slow and debilitated, works like the totem of Inara, but in a larger area

Well. why not.

1. First thing that came to my mind is the possibility of bugs. The bug where the game shaking doesnt stop for a while

2. If its just like the totem, whats the point. Though I do suppose its okay

Here's my suggestion, Inara's ult serves as a zoning skill, so the rework should be a zoning skill as well.
Id go with your 2nd idea, but instead of slowing and debilitated, it applies 50 knockbacks in random directions every 0.33 seconds.

HeidahnConrad
02-17-2018, 04:00 AM
I like the 2nd idea as it still fits into the name of her ultimate in combination with Rick's idea. Also, the second idea of your suggested rework can be classified as a constant CC which is uncounterable by resilience and can only be gone if you killed Inara while ulting. The downside of it is that Inara cannot ult at long range since the rework you're suggesting only affects Inara's surrounding UNLESS they put like an AoE mark (which I doubt).

QU1KUS3F
02-17-2018, 04:08 AM

I dont think her ult needs a change. But the fact it doesnt do much damage and the stun can be easily ignored by resilience. I think atleast her (Ultimate) Seismic Crash Should do 1000 dmg. A buff to her ult only. Inara is already one of the best tanks in the game without the help of her ult anyways.

MainInara
02-17-2018, 05:06 AM
I dont think her ult needs a change. But the fact it doesnt do much damage and the stun can be easily ignored by resilience. I think atleast her (Ultimate) Seismic Crash Should do 1000 dmg. A buff to her ult only. Inara is already one of the best tanks in the game without the help of her ult anyways.

I had thought on it of increase damage of the ultimate, but I think that would make it OP and difficult to counter. Damage ultimates usually draw a lot of attention and have a longer animation. Inara animation is too short, you can change the direction of the ult before the animation ends and it ignores shields. And also, I do not like Inara's ultimate because it's too generic for an ult that could do a lot of other things related to seismic slash.

MainInara
02-17-2018, 05:12 AM
Well. why not.

1. First thing that came to my mind is the possibility of bugs. The bug where the game shaking doesnt stop for a while

2. If its just like the totem, whats the point. Though I do suppose its okay

Here's my suggestion, Inara's ult serves as a zoning skill, so the rework should be a zoning skill as well.
Id go with your 2nd idea, but instead of slowing and debilitated, it applies 50 knockbacks in random directions every 0.33 seconds.

I liked your idea, its function is the same as my idea, but simpler and less likely to give bugs

Neravarine
02-17-2018, 07:33 AM
I like Inaras ult as it is, just figure out how to use it defensively and you will soon see that its not useless as you say it is.

Sterben
02-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Inaras Ulty its fine and very powerfull

His basic attk has a high Dps but its difficult to land the 3 hits and that secs of stun means dead for enyone u focus in
Also if u have good timing u can get closer and put the Warden Field so to trap all that were stunned and pick them one by one

It requires skill but that Ulty its very powerfull in the right hands also it charges very fast thanks to Warden Field

Yea BK has something similar but.....
Well BK has a fuse that gives enough time to get out of the area
Inaras its instant and only requieres good aiming and timing

GeSteYiam
02-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Remember if your ult became useless you have already forced ressilience to everyone which means they aren't stopping any damage from regular attacks.

Genavelle
02-17-2018, 02:20 PM
I also have a Lv 22 Inara, and while I don't think her Ult is the worst in the game, I think it could be interesting to rework it. Especially when you consider how many more people have started playing Grohk...If you're fighting against a Grohk as Inara, it's already bad enough that he counters your Warders Field, but you can almost never use your Ulti against a Grohk team either.

Even when Inara gets a good ulti, it really depends on your team capitalizing it. Because you yourself can only get like, 1 shot off before everyone gets unstunned...And Inara doesn't do much damage for that to mean much.

Samercam
02-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Don't forget that inara's ult passes through shields. That's a very important feature. You can use it to throw through a shield into the middle of their team and get a stun not only on the tanks, but on the backline too. It's not the strongest ult around, maybe it could use a damage buff or a charging time buff. But it's certainly not bad, and if it were reworked, it would be more for the concept/direction of the champion than for the strength.

MainInara
02-17-2018, 02:45 PM
I also have a Lv 22 Inara, and while I don't think her Ult is the worst in the game, I think it could be interesting to rework it. Especially when you consider how many more people have started playing Grohk...If you're fighting against a Grohk as Inara, it's already bad enough that he counters your Warders Field, but you can almost never use your Ulti against a Grohk team either.

Even when Inara gets a good ulti, it really depends on your team capitalizing it. Because you yourself can only get like, 1 shot off before everyone gets unstunned...And Inara doesn't do much damage for that to mean much.

exactly!!!!