PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Bomb is too good

CaptnBarbosa
02-01-2018, 10:19 AM
I think gumpy bomb is too good for it's usage and cool down. I'll compare it to Inara's Ult since they are very similar.

When throwing a grumpy bomb, these are the gameplay elements activated.

-Wherever Grumpy Bomb lands, enemy players will scatter not to take damage
-Wherever Grumpy Bomb lands, enemy players will scatter to not be stunned for 2 seconds as well
-Grumpy Bomb does 800 Damage, which is generally 1/3 the health of most champions
-Grumpy Bomb stuns enemy players for two seconds, removing their defensive capabilities and ability to follow up attack
-Grumpy Bomb allows allows allied team to deal damage to stunned enemies without fear of retaliation.

Quite frankly, the AOE is too big, the damage is a lot especially hitting multiple enemies, the stun is way too advantageous and too long. The cooldown is too short.

Inara has a similar ability but it is an Ultimate ability that needs to be charged. It also does less damage. The benefit is that her spear goes through shields.

I think the grumpy bomb just needs to be looked at and toned down. Less damage and a smaller stun. I don't know how much but right now, it causes way to much scatter, crowd control, and damage all on one ability.

Conrad_Max
02-01-2018, 10:29 AM
My personal opinion:

Grumpy bomb is fine as it is, and I have never played as Bomb King, though I have been stunned and killed by him many times.

I've also out maneuverd him many times and have successfully crippled and killed him, too.

I was recently told by a teammate that I was a bad player.

M3RC3N4RI0
02-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Inara has a similar ability but it is an Ultimate ability that needs to be charged. It also does less damage. The benefit is that her spear goes through shields.Grumpy bomb does not go through shields?

togezard
02-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Grumpy bomb does not go through shields?

you need a legendary for that

Zio_Xeno
02-01-2018, 01:27 PM
you need a legendary for that

He means that throwing it, it goes through shield.

GntikmntSuPrior
02-01-2018, 02:14 PM
in my opinion is a very good skill and very useful to only have 12 seconds of cd to be such a good skill should have about 16 seconds <<< this change would be very good. bk can use the grumpy too fast. many people are asking nerf to bk and I agree very much, bk has always been in the top tier and has never received a nerf instead makoa that has always been top tier now they have already made several nerfs to him but a bk they have not touched, continues to have that exaggerated damage, cd lows even though his skills are very good

MrsCrii
02-01-2018, 02:27 PM
BK is a great, balanced champ. He's what every champion should be. Instead of nerfing him, they should buff other champs to bring them up to his level.

FluffyRuff
02-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Well even tho it's an ult, bomb king is damage and inara isn't so idk what to say there.

Tbh cause of resilience 3, cc totem grohk or w/e else, I really don't think there should be a nerf to his grumpy.

To me his grumpy is fine as is, no need to touch it.

Inara's ult could be reworked tho tbh.

CaptnBarbosa
02-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Inara's ult could be reworked tho tbh.

Maybe I'm making a bad comparison but a mediocre Ult versus roughly the same thing every 12 seconds by a common skill doesn't seem right.

M3RC3N4RI0
02-01-2018, 05:38 PM
I had the impression that Fernando always got stunned if grumpy bomb explodes in front of his shield. But maybe they just had the anti shield legendary.

Grumpy bomb is a strong skill no doubt. It might be the best skill of all champions. Inara's ult is very weak though. Compared to grumpy bomb it's a joke.

IamRick1996
02-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Or they could fix this by having Inara's Ult have a minimum stun duration 2s. Something like the minimum duration of Pip ult. They could also make it that if the enemy has a soft CC immunity, it wouldnt stun but slow instead

ernhn
02-02-2018, 04:29 AM
BK is a great, balanced champ. He's what every champion should be. Instead of nerfing him, they should buff other champs to bring them up to his level.

We both know this is not going to happen, right? :D They're tend to nerf dead champions once in every 2 patches instead of balancing. But to be fair, his TTK is low he needs nerf on his damage output. Not on grumpy bomb.

MrsCrii
02-02-2018, 01:39 PM
Or they could fix this by having Inara's Ult have a minimum stun duration 2s. Something like the minimum duration of Pip ult. They could also make it that if the enemy has a soft CC immunity, it wouldnt stun but slow instead

I like this idea very much. Simple and effective.

CaptnBarbosa
02-04-2018, 12:26 PM
What if Grumpy Bomb had a small 6 foot or 2 meter knock back. This will accomplish the purpose for Grumpy Bomb to scatter the enemy team.

lightlagon
02-04-2018, 12:43 PM
uhhmmm, buy resilience and it'll be useless? (unless it's demolition and you have shield)

I mean, why buy haven or blast if they have bk and maldamba and torvald?

thebatman713
02-14-2018, 01:11 AM
Blast is handy to easy up bombking crazy damage.

DaSpyChecker
02-14-2018, 04:48 AM

HAHAHA, What are you gonna say next? Skye is OP??

Yea lets give every champ 2 OP CC abilities, good close range-long range Damage that can work like Direct & Area damage,Good mobility,higher HP than others in the same class & a broken Hitbox to get immunity from like 30% of hits for amazing survivability.

Zio_Xeno
02-14-2018, 06:17 AM
HAHAHA, What are you gonna say next? Skye is OP??

Yea lets give every champ 2 OP CC abilities, good close range-long range Damage that can work like Direct & Area damage,Good mobility,higher HP than others in the same class & a broken Hitbox to get immunity from like 30% of hits for amazing survivability.

2 OP CC abilities... really, so you can't stay away from a bomb big almost as a planetoid or can't buy resilience?
The broken thing is not his kit but his new legendary card that turns him into a jesus sniper.
Try to snipe with other legendaries.
Bk is not a sniper he si so mobile that if you just stay back sniping you are really stupid.
Also, even with good ping you can still miss even if it was on the enemies teeth.

DaSpyChecker
02-14-2018, 06:52 AM
2 OP CC abilities... really, so you can't stay away from a bomb big almost as a planetoid or can't buy resilience?

I always buy resilience but my team often dont, you can avoid it but it lets him & his team get away, Area denial is extremely strong in an objective based game its not all about kills which Bombking is more than capable of if not the best at.

The broken thing is not his kit but his new legendary card that turns him into a jesus sniper.

Lets be honest, like Makoa Bombking's entire kit makes him very OP, being too good at many things.

Bombking just cant heal or shield other than that he can Flank,be a medium range damager, & even Frontline or defend points. Way too much power to 1 champ. You have to be really dishonest or stupid to not see how unbalanced he is.