PDA

View Full Version : Tyra LMB needs reworked

Rencia
01-21-2018, 07:01 AM
It's got terrible range, terrible drop off, and a really small magazine when you have to compensate for recoil and shot spread.

Unless you run up on your target and magdump them you have the weakest basic attack in the game, the fact if you put any other damage champion on one side of say Magister's Onslaught and Tyra on the other, Tyra will lose a shoot out 100% of the time as maybe 30% of shots will connect on a stationary target for 32 damage per hit, while Vivian, Viktor, Cassie, whoever you choose can straight throttle you down with near 100% accuracy...

This forces Tyra to either surprise people and run up on them which is usually suicide if it's a high mobility champion as you're so slow you have to make every shot count or you'll get wiped out.

I don't think constantly reworking her Moltov is the answer that is always the go-to fix which makes her absolutely one dimensional at melting what? Fernando? Barik turrets? I'd take a nerf to Moltov damage if there was actually some range or sustain on LMB where you're not constantly a sitting duck if you're ran upon by the 15+ other champions that can out DPS and out range you.

IamRick1996
01-21-2018, 07:19 AM
Going by how you want to rework it... I assume you mash press the LMB?

You know it works like any other AK-47 in other games right?
In other games its hard to see people button mash with an AK-47

Anyways, I would disagree, I don't think it needs rework

It has a terrible spread, yes.
It has strong damage fall-off... Not really, I think its more on the spread
I don't think the magazine is small. Any more is OP, any less is underpowered

The fact that you have to dump an entire mag on one enemy is proof that you can't aim.

Because Tyra is one of the few champions who can easily trump in a 1v1 scenario

Did you not notice the recent rise on her popularity? and Comp Bans?

Rencia
01-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Going by how you want to rework it... I assume you mash press the LMB?

You know it works like any other AK-47 in other games right?
In other games its hard to see people button mash with an AK-47

Anyways, I would disagree, I don't think it needs rework

It has a terrible spread, yes.
It has strong damage fall-off... Not really, I think its more on the spread
I don't think the magazine is small. Any more is OP, any less is underpowered

The fact that you have to dump an entire mag on one enemy is proof that you can't aim.

Because Tyra is one of the few champions who can easily trump in a 1v1 scenario

Did you not notice the recent rise on her popularity? and Comp Bans?

She excels in a 1v1* not because of her LMB she excels because you can chuck a fire bomb with the legendary card and melt people, which is also the reason she is popular because as people run double frontline metas firebomb is a hard counter to that; this makes her entire gameplay based around one ability and one mechanic.

I'll also put an asterisk by 1v1 because you're pretty much just dunking on Skye after you mark her, or a slow moving Ruckus who can't move out of the fire. You'll eat hard losses on everything ranging from Zhin sitting on you to Evie floating all around you, in fact you'll get garbaged hard by a Talus who overloads and magdumps you faster than you can magdump him; and hardly anyone dies to Talus really.

Tyra is a really poor choice 1v1, the very few wins you get by a well placed mark or firebomb doesn't make up for the tons of losses you'll get if someone gets a jump on you even if but a second due to really bad mobility, or getting absolutely outranged by a Grover tossing axes for 700 from 500 yrds out while you can't even land a shot.

But you also have to mash LMB to do any significant damage absence of fire bomb, trying to do burst shots while Vivian or Viktor is engaging you is 100% loss due to their iron sight mechanics (they hit you harder than you can hit them) as Tyra's damage is based around rate of fire and not singular slugs that hit hard, this compounds the issue when your opponent has the ability to damage you beyond your ability to accurately hit them; you are left with a choice of fire bombing and diving at them or fleeing.

Rencia
01-21-2018, 07:47 AM

Out of a 35 round magazine, if all body shots connect you'll be left with 14 rounds on a Ying who doesn't use any ability to heal and Ying has some really low HP numbers.

Since 100% body shots landing is difficult if the target isn't an absolute potato and stands there to take it, then yes you'll mag dump everytime you want to kill something on close range.

Zio_Xeno
01-21-2018, 07:51 AM
She excels in a 1v1* not because of her LMB she excels because you can chuck a fire bomb with the legendary card and melt people, which is also the reason she is popular because as people run double frontline metas firebomb is a hard counter to that; this makes her entire gameplay based around one ability and one mechanic.

I'll also put an asterisk by 1v1 because you're pretty much just dunking on Skye after you mark her, or a slow moving Ruckus who can't move out of the fire. You'll eat hard losses on everything ranging from Zhin sitting on you to Evie floating all around you, in fact you'll get garbaged hard by a Talus who overloads and magdumps you faster than you can magdump him; and hardly anyone dies to Talus really.

Tyra is a really poor choice 1v1, the very few wins you get by a well placed mark or firebomb doesn't make up for the tons of losses you'll get if someone gets a jump on you even if but a second due to really bad mobility, or getting absolutely outranged by a Grover tossing axes for 700 from 500 yrds out while you can't even land a shot.

But you also have to mash LMB to do any significant damage absence of fire bomb, trying to do burst shots while Vivian or Viktor is engaging you is 100% loss due to their iron sight mechanics (they hit you harder than you can hit them) as Tyra's damage is based around rate of fire and not singular slugs that hit hard, this compounds the issue when your opponent has the ability to damage you beyond your ability to accurately hit them; you are left with a choice of fire bombing and diving at them or fleeing.

This is fps reasoning, this is why i know that tyra is not just pewpew, you need to use your brain in 1v1 and other fights, if you are facing vivian you just need to do two things, mark her, shoot half of the mag and then use rmb, use your abilities smartly and you will win in 1v1 even with flanks.
So... you just shoot and don't use hunter's mark? well you deserve to be obliterated

Rencia
01-21-2018, 08:04 AM
That's not the crux of the issue, I've already stated yeah if I use my entire arsenal I can outplay someone ganging up on me, what I'm speaking of is the abysmal accuracy compared to other champions, can you even fathom using Tyra in Battlegrounds mode with that accuracy? Medium/close range is the most dangerous place to be when fighting flanks and other damage champions and Tyra isn't even the best when it comes to that, she's not bad but there are better options.

But the fact that the falloff is massive even on small onslaught maps is awful when everyone else on the field can nail you from further away and also abuse execute level ults or abilities

Who says I don't use Hunter's Mark? It's not about mid rage damage or blowing up a weak Strix with a nade, it's about maybe 20-30% of shots landing when your FPS type counterparts (Viktor, Vivian) and out range you immensely a Viktor or Vivian shouldn't have any trouble killing you if they duck your moltov and stand more than 40 feet away because your accuracy is subpar while theirs isn't even effected.

Zio_Xeno
01-21-2018, 08:23 AM
That's not the crux of the issue, I've already stated yeah if I use my entire arsenal I can outplay someone ganging up on me, what I'm speaking of is the abysmal accuracy compared to other champions, can you even fathom using Tyra in Battlegrounds mode with that accuracy? Medium/close range is the most dangerous place to be when fighting flanks and other damage champions and Tyra isn't even the best when it comes to that, she's not bad but there are better options.

But the fact that the falloff is massive even on small onslaught maps is awful when everyone else on the field can nail you from further away and also abuse execute level ults or abilities

Who says I don't use Hunter's Mark? It's not about mid rage damage or blowing up a weak Strix with a nade, it's about maybe 20-30% of shots landing when your FPS type counterparts (Viktor, Vivian) and out range you immensely a Viktor or Vivian shouldn't have any trouble killing you if they duck your moltov and stand more than 40 feet away because your accuracy is subpar while theirs isn't even effected.

It' an AKM, uses strong ammo but if you just hold the trigger you will look at the sky with the first shots, the thing is: you need to time your firing because unlike other noobfriendly champs she punishes you for being the "i hold my lmb to put out a lot of damage" this is why i don't like viktor, he has not a realistic weapon, same for the cancer called vivian.

Edit
If you don't understand all this, i'll make it easy: don't spray and pray. it doesn't work because she is not a noob champion

IamRick1996
01-21-2018, 02:21 PM
Why are you even wanting tyra to be able to deal huge damage at longer ranges? That would just make her terrifying at long ranges, and monstrous at short to medium ranges. Instead of complaining around her "massive falloff" and "abysmal accuracy" why not just work around her strengths? which is 1v1 and short to medium range battles. esp in tight places. if she's weak at long range, then make it happen that you dont fight in long range battles. if you want long range champions there are other champions for that.

I dont even understand why you would want Tyra to be able to win 1v1 with her weapon attack alone. That would already make her more OP. Considering the fact that she already has the widest array of damage capabilities.

Sleepyhead666
01-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Have you considered her accuracy isn't as good at a distance as Viktor or Vivians because they both have abilities that allow them to aim down the sights of their gun as opposed to Tyra only being able to shoot from the hip?

Rencia
01-21-2018, 09:08 PM
Why are you even wanting tyra to be able to deal huge damage at longer ranges? That would just make her terrifying at long ranges, and monstrous at short to medium ranges. Instead of complaining around her "massive falloff" and "abysmal accuracy" why not just work around her strengths? which is 1v1 and short to medium range battles. esp in tight places. if she's weak at long range, then make it happen that you dont fight in long range battles. if you want long range champions there are other champions for that.

I dont even understand why you would want Tyra to be able to win 1v1 with her weapon attack alone. That would already make her more OP. Considering the fact that she already has the widest array of damage capabilities.

Because in TDM which is basically a slug fest down hallways you're incredibly weak, there are no points to hold down tanks with fire bomb, and running up on a team in TDM is a way to get 4v1'd this makes champions with little to no accuracy fall off the best choice for this battle mode, with characters that have terrible range the worst.

This will be compounded in Battlegrounds when you can't just drop your AK and pick up a sniper rifle like say Fortenite when you're getting oppressed from roof top, this will force Tyra to enter houses and force you to open a door and get blasted when that occurs; she doesn't have the shielding/HP Vivian has nor the mobility Viktor has making midrange fights hard already and long range fights impossible.

This isn't about pushing 120 dmg shots from 300 yards out like a sniper, this is about only 30% of your shots connecting at all when a target is more than 50 feet away and you really begin to feel this inadequacy in certain onslaught maps, TDM and possibly battlegrounds/

IamRick1996
01-21-2018, 10:16 PM
Because in TDM which is basically a slug fest down hallways you're incredibly weak, there are no points to hold down tanks with fire bomb, and running up on a team in TDM is a way to get 4v1'd this makes champions with little to no accuracy fall off the best choice for this battle mode, with characters that have terrible range the worst.
Point pressure isnt the only thing tyra is strong at. she does well in tight spaces such as hallways, esp with her molotov and nade launcher. Also if you dont like buying nimble to increase speed, you could always ask you teammates to play defensively, holing up in one section only, instead of playing aggressively. Of course this would sometimes be boring but its against players who are better than you. with the fucked MM, there will always be one player at the very least

This will be compounded in Battlegrounds when you can't just drop your AK and pick up a sniper rifle like say Fortenite when you're getting oppressed from roof top, this will force Tyra to enter houses and force you to open a door and get blasted when that occurs; she doesn't have the shielding/HP Vivian has nor the mobility Viktor has making midrange fights hard already and long range fights impossible.

I have no idea what battlegrounds look and play, so i wont say anyting yet

This isn't about pushing 120 dmg shots from 300 yards out like a sniper, this is about only 30% of your shots connecting at all when a target is more than 50 feet away and you really begin to feel this inadequacy in certain onslaught maps, TDM and possibly battlegrounds
If you cant shoot accurately, that means you spray randomly. dont do that. do it in short burst. youd think you would have lower dps, but that isnt the case because you would be able to efficiently use your bullets. you can also get consistent headshots as well. this is good for long range.

if you think viktor or vivian can trump her over long range because of their rmb, then instead of complaining, find a way around it, or if you can, use it to your advantage.

ArChie24
01-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Don't know what are you really want tho, all i see is you ranting about Tyra lmb is too wide spread not like viktor or vivian who got improved accuracy with their rmb. TDM is made and only be good for a spesific champ, not all champ can played good in TDM, same for Battlegrounds (maybe, have to test it first). Tyra is made for 1v1 duelist and point controller, not a long & short range spamming lmb all the way till the mags goes off like vivian.

I've played tyra for a lot of time and i almost play it all in onslaught, and i have zero problem if my mags goes off and only hit like less than half of the mags spraying kinessa and hope it will kill her because i know tyra is not designed to be like that.

megaknarf
01-22-2018, 01:36 AM
Sure, her rifle alone is not so great, but to compensate this she's get her fire bomb, hunter's mark and grenade launcher. In order to shine as her you need to master her whole kit, and she's quite viable in her spot she's meant to be in.

kingasce13
01-27-2018, 08:38 PM
and hardly anyone dies to Talus really.
Is this a fucking joke? Talus Destroys if you actually know how to play him which isn't stupidly hard.

ALAHMAN
01-27-2018, 11:00 PM
It's got terrible range, terrible drop off, and a really small magazine when you have to compensate for recoil and shot spread.

Unless you run up on your target and magdump them you have the weakest basic attack in the game, the fact if you put any other damage champion on one side of say Magister's Onslaught and Tyra on the other, Tyra will lose a shoot out 100% of the time as maybe 30% of shots will connect on a stationary target for 32 damage per hit, while Vivian, Viktor, Cassie, whoever you choose can straight throttle you down with near 100% accuracy...

This forces Tyra to either surprise people and run up on them which is usually suicide if it's a high mobility champion as you're so slow you have to make every shot count or you'll get wiped out.

I don't think constantly reworking her Moltov is the answer that is always the go-to fix which makes her absolutely one dimensional at melting what? Fernando? Barik turrets? I'd take a nerf to Moltov damage if there was actually some range or sustain on LMB where you're not constantly a sitting duck if you're ran upon by the 15+ other champions that can out DPS and out range you.

tyra dmg is strong on mid or close range her dmg is not good on range also she carry a AK47 gun it supposed to give recoil you need to play CSGO using AK47 lol

to me you just weak on using tyra or your not even a tyra main lol