PDA

View Full Version : Cauterize nerf.

Lauti_0358
01-20-2018, 03:21 AM
It's just too op that an entire ckass can be shut down just for 900 credits.
I won't lie. I buy Cauterize every match (Evie main. Flank=Cauterize), amd ironically to this post, the class I leastuse is support (Max mastery Ying 10, when I was a Newbie wwho didn't know how much she sucked). I just feel too damn strong making jenos heal 21 per second...
My idea?
Price raised to 350/700/1050
Effect lowered to 25%/50%/75%

Xeyn
01-20-2018, 03:37 AM
I agree. 90% reduced healing is just too much, and yes, I do buy cauterize everytime I play as flank (maeve main) and it is pretyy OP. Also my friend (who usually plays Grover) doesn't heal jack to anyone who got hit by cauterize

ernhn
01-20-2018, 03:51 AM
I agree. 90% reduced healing is just too much, and yes, I do buy cauterize everytime I play as flank (maeve main) and it is pretyy OP. Also my friend (who usually plays Grover) doesn't heal jack to anyone who got hit by cauterize

That's also because Grover is a terrible healer and that's sad. I like playing as Grover but the way i can't heal my allies makes me sad.

I also buy cauterize almost everytime but I find it so strong too.

Musiicy
01-20-2018, 04:59 AM
I won't lie. I buy Cauterize every match (Evie main. Flank=Cauterize), amd ironically to this post, the class I leastuse is support (Max mastery Ying 10, when I was a Newbie wwho didn't know how much she sucked). I just feel too damn strong making jenos heal 21 per second...
My idea?

It's not 900 Credits to shut down healers entirely.
It's 1800 (300+600+900).

I don't think Cauterize is a bad item by nature, it makes the game have seperated early/mid/late game sections.

Now, I've gotta agree that 90% is far too much. It divides healing by 10, leaving almost no difference than if it was a 100%.

Personally, the numbers I'd consider balanced would rather be:

Price raised to 400/800/1200
Effect lowered to 30%/55%/80%

And while we're at it:

Deft Hands
Price lowered to 300/600/900

Because honestly, I do only see Mal'damba ever buying Deft Hands, and that's because his kit gives him a reason to.
There's also Lian, because she has that BS Cauterize II Legendary and sometimes she doesn't even need to add Wrecker.

FluffyRuff
01-20-2018, 10:14 AM
Nah we don't need immortal tanks if this happens (looking at mother grace inara).

If they nerf it, keep the credits the same (don't nerf it by a lot tho, as I just said we don't need immortal tanks or flanks). If they up the price like maybe cronos is, don't nerf cauterize.

That's just what I think.

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?42380-Cauterize-is-very-OP/page2&highlight=nerf+cauterize

Just putting this here ^

stabbingjoker
01-20-2018, 11:18 AM
I feel that cauterize is pretty alright in my opinion,since rejuvenate counters it.(I was stupid before saying rejuvenate was useless in reddit and I got lectured so hard)

undeadvillan
01-20-2018, 12:05 PM
No Caut is where it needs to be sorry I don't need tanks and enemies who don't die because they keep getting healed endlessly. Plus caut is 1800 in all if you're going to get it to lv 3 plus it only lasts 1.5 seconds after you're hit. So find cover and you'll be fine.

TakBarai
01-20-2018, 12:29 PM
The only issue here is that Frontliners/Supports might get a bit too strong if Cauterize is nerfed.

Also, I think Cauterize as it is is crucial to what make matches more exciting and less mundane than Overwatch since early-game and late-game scenarios are drastically different.

Mykelll
01-20-2018, 02:56 PM
The immortal front-line argument has no basis in reality. If it did then tanks would be unkillable at the start of every match until the enemy team got caut 3. They only people saying this nonsense are people who don't play front-lines.

There is so much damage out there atm Cauterize isn't even needed if there is only one support on the enemy team. So many legendaries are specifically designed to negate FL-Support teams its not funny. BK can destroy shields, Tyra can destroy anyone on a point and burn monster bypasses shields while having built in cauterize, Willow's dead zone cauterize, Vivian's shield wrecking legendary.

In my experience where Cauterize really shines and it a necessity is against flanks like Buck or Talus because of their self sustain. A good Buck is nigh unkillable until Caut 3.

undeadvillan
01-20-2018, 03:29 PM
I play ALL Frontline checks my stats if you need proof.

Also destroying shields and cutting off a tanks healing are two very different things.

Plus different strategies may not always want to use those legendaries, but caut is always ready to be bought.

FluffyRuff
01-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Doesn't bulldozer rekt her illusions too?

FluffyRuff
01-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Non-sense people who don't play front lines.. sure buddy.

BlueRipper
01-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Or maybe just learn to shake the Cauterize off and you'll be fine. I play mostly tanks and as long as my healer is doing his job I'll be fine

LiqhtSnow
01-26-2018, 07:56 AM
I think cauterize is op, too. Maybe instead of nerfing cauterize, they should buff rejuvenate. Like, in first level, it increases healing by 20% lvl2 %40 lvl3 %60

QU1KUS3F
01-26-2018, 08:00 AM
My idea?

maybe make it cost as much as chronus