PDA

View Full Version : What's Cookin'? I'm HDPixel

HDPixel
11-21-2015, 06:09 PM
Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa, Jambo, and other assorted greetings. I'm HDPixel_1080p (not 4K, this username was made before that existed).

Well, where do I start? I'm an aspiring game developer and computer programmer, who's greatest weakness is his inability to art. I may also happen to live a few miles from Hi-Rez (Georgia Games FTW). I've played Mobas and Strategy games (Dota 2, LoL, Smite, Strife, Airmech) at an Amateur-competitive level, and First-Person-Shooters (TF2, Fistful of Frags, Planetside 2) for quite a while, so I immediately jumped at the chance to play Paladins. I've been following this...trend of MOBA-FPS games since overwatch was teased a while back, and it's certainly a genre with a lot of ideas going for it. Since it's a new genre, it's limits haven't even been close to reached, so I'm excited to see how they flesh out. Having played all 3, Overwatch, Battleborn, and Paladins, I've certainly enjoyed Paladins the most, mainly because of it's more MOBA feel as opposed to an FPS feel, which separates it from others in this small genre.
As far as games go, and the feedback I plan to focus on giving, I'm a real stickler for balance and fairness in in-game and out-of-game mechanics. I've left many games that's developers have either taken the game's concepts past the point of reason (Hearthstone), completely design the game around money as opposed to fun (League of Legends/SOE's Planetside 2), or makes changes for changes sake (Airmech).

I also make jokes