PDA

View Full Version : Why come no pro players ever use Vivian?

The_black_of_sin
01-07-2018, 10:44 AM
They stay away from her the way they do with Skye. Is there some kind of agreement between pro players to not use her or is it because you can't really adapt to changes well when playing with her? She certainly isn't weak though counterable. I never see even normal matches with her with pro players.

Just curious.

I feel she needs a rework to her main weapon and ultimate.

Geryon66
01-07-2018, 02:59 PM
you mean in comp or what ? if you mean recent tournament it's because they played on ob63 , which is the patch vivian came out on , so she can't be played since she is a "new release" , other than that there is really no incentive to pick her now since she deals massively less dps than viktor/tyra/lian/shalin/cassie/everyblaster , if her damage per shot gets buffed to 180 then maybe , until then no real reason to touch her

LukitoxTJG
01-07-2018, 03:05 PM
The only thing she had was a high dps, and op shield. Whitout it there is no reason to pick it.

stabbingjoker
01-07-2018, 11:38 PM
She sucks.
Basically the enemy team would have at least 1 dmg champion with AOE such as Bomb king or Drogoz which eliminates her from the team very easily and treat the shield as though it wasn't there.
If only the cooldown of the shield is reduced to like 11 seconds,she would be a viable champion in competitive,but not that much.
Basically everyone playing Vivian would pick morale boost+wrecker/cauterize +life rip+haven/blast shields

NekonataM
01-08-2018, 12:05 AM
Maybe she's too boring to play (?)

PTLagger
01-08-2018, 12:33 AM
If you mean this recent HRX, they were play at OB63, and OB63 is the patch when Vivian released, so she was auto-banned in comp for that patch

M3RC3N4RI0
01-08-2018, 05:51 AM
She is good vs two tanks who use shields. Since she can quickly reload her HP while wrecking those shields. But apart from that she is somewhat slow. You need a really good position for her to be effective or an opponent team without a flank.

Wallachia
01-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Because pro players use a lot of teamwork and have situational awareness. Against those two factors Vivian is weak and Skye is a bonus kill.

Balthred
01-08-2018, 02:06 PM
because pros actually have brains and they don't enjoy hold left and right mouse button the entire game? jokes aside in high elo people actually know how to counter her so she is not as good as she is in lower elo

EinMeister
01-08-2018, 02:11 PM
She suks 10char

(hi wallachia)

ERPDERPADERP
01-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Vivian is sarah silverman in the internet world of paladinz. Shes already a pro! At standup i mean. D:
Ba-dum-tsss
Womp womp

Shadowpuppy
01-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Because she has a 50 percent slow while firing.
Meaning she cannot do damage and fire at the same time and dodge anything.

Shoulder peeking is a think and she cannot do it at all.

Shadowpuppy
01-09-2018, 05:18 PM
You see pros shoot crazy hards shots that look impossible... and then think about them shooting a character slowed by 50 percent any time she is laying down damage

Blatt
01-09-2018, 05:25 PM
To be honest, as somebody who prioritises joy on a similar level than power, I just find her boring as hell to play. That's pretty much the only reason why I'm not touching her. Her design is kind of similar to tyra and viktor, but even more lame...

However, she actually seems to do pretty decent if she has the space to do so, e.g, barely any flanking enemies. Her dps potential seems to be high and she is precise even over long ranges.

AsphyxiaXT
01-09-2018, 05:27 PM
because pros actually have brains and they don't enjoy hold left and right mouse button the entire game? jokes aside in high elo people actually know how to counter her so she is not as good as she is in lower elo

First part is really not even a joke lol. Vivian is boring to play and requires no skill. It is very easy to counter for anyone with a brain.

The_black_of_sin
01-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Interesting feedback. I find Vivian hard to deal with when played like Kinessa in the backlines with a support at her side.

Shadowpuppy
01-10-2018, 12:24 AM
It only requires Shield Rek and she is hard countered.

Without it you have to attack retreat wait for shield to go down and attack again which makes being sneaky hard unless you get lucky and she has already burned the shield for something else.

You cannot just walk up to her face but would say she is way less dangerous than a good Kinnessa

Over all she has no utility.
No AOE damage
No movement
No Point Denial
Just damage

Viktor and Tyra are just better in every way.

Her Ultimate is strong but it pretty much just puts a big shoot me first target on your head. With a super loud sound effect that attracts dinosaurs.

MrsCrii
01-10-2018, 01:14 AM
Interesting feedback. I find Vivian hard to deal with when played like Kinessa in the backlines with a support at her side.

At range she's even easier to counter since she has damage drop off and wider bullet spread. Also, if she's got a pocket healer on hand, there's a simple way to counter that. Kill the healer, first. Then she's a sitting duck.

DaSpyChecker
01-10-2018, 05:10 AM
You cannot just walk up to her face but would say she is way less dangerous than a good Kinnessa

Over all she has no utility.
No AOE damage
No movement
No Point Denial
Just damage

Viktor and Tyra are just better in every way.

Good points. Vivian has the worst of Ruckus, massive slow down while firing & the worst of Auto Fire champs that is lower effective HP because with sustain damage you are often forced to take a lot of unavoidable damage which lowers her surviveability even more.

Vik & Tyra have nades for burst which helps them a lot with winning fight compared to other sprayers. Tyra can duel better at close range with mark & no slowdown during shooting. She does have one of the most powerful abilities in the game, Firebomb. Vik still has one of the best ults in the game.Vivian has nothing to offer except for spray damage.

Vivian might be better than SKye but barely. She is flawed & the closest thing to a pure turret but if you wanna play one might just pick Ruckus as he can also Tank & has some mobility.