PDA

View Full Version : New Legendary Cards

AsphyxiaXT
12-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Many of the new legendary cards are far too powerful compared to the others, I'll give some examples..

Bomb King - He hardly even has to aim with even level 4 of the new legendary, he can just throw bombs in the general direction of the enemies and explode them and land full damage hits for no reason. It went from being the highest skill cap champion to being super easy to play and even a mediocre player with that card can do insane damage with BK now.. The only way I can think to fix it is to reduce that radius from 50% at level 4 to 20%, and make the levels go in increments of 5% per level.

Tyra - So instead of nerfing the card which is what was too strong, they nerfed her fire bomb in general lol. The card is too powerful at level 4, the easiest way to fix the card is to remove the damage modifier from it and just make it to where fire bomb cripples and reduce cooldown on fire bomb by 4 seconds at level 4, then just reduce it another 1 second per level. (Cooldown is 18 seconds as it is.) The damage of fire bomb was fine before, they should revert that change and go about it that way.

Jenos - He hits way too hard with 400 damage per shot. I've been seeing Jenos players just flanking and killing any flanks or damage players so fast since head shots deal 600 lol.. For this card, my suggesting for changing it would be to make it 300 damage per shot. HiRez idea of nerfing this was changing Jenos base damage and dropping that card by 40 damage, that is really the wrong way to go about it. His base damage should go back to what it was. Don't balance a champion around a card, balance a card around the champion.

Kinessa - Trying to fight a Kinessa on pretty much any flank is so dumb now because she can pretty much infinitely teleport. The only thing I can really think of to fix Kinessa's new card is to remove the part that reduces the cooldown of the teleporter. Instantly teleporting is awesome and an excellent idea to help her be more defensive against flanks, but that cooldown makes it near impossible to fight her.

Cassie - New card was excellent at 100 range, but they changed it to 150 which makes it very hard to maximize the potential of the card. I think 100 range was better, but I wanted to point out that this seems to scale with Wrecker where as Grover's similar card (Ferocity) does not. Not sure if it is intended on either front, but I think both should be a little more uniform since they're essentially doing the same thing.

Mal'Damba - His new card is cool and I like the concept, but it does not have any sound que. You have no idea you've been hit with this, you just lose a bunch of HP and unless you're specifically watching your HP bar, you usually notice too late that you were even being hit. I think the damage might be a little too much since it is on a 3 second cool down, even less if they take Chronos. I was playing last night and flanking the enemy teams Seris, little to my knowledge, there was a Mal'Damba peeking a corner just right clicking me and I just died trying to chase a Seris lol... No sound que and too much damage. Reduce the damage at level 4 to 20% of the heal, make the card go in increments of 5% to balance it. Add some kind of sound to let you know you're being hit by it, even reusing Skye's poison sound would be fine with me..

I couldn't find a full list of all of the new legendary cards at level 4 unfortunately, so I am probably forgetting something. Those are the ones that I found that need changes and my ideas to change them. Feel free to add suggestions or comments.

Kalgor87
12-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Makoa's new card resets the cooldown of hook if a hooked target dies in 4 seconds. The game has been lowering the TTK, so getting killed after a hook is almost certain (unless you are a tank, you might survive). This means a makoa with good aim nearly has unlimited hooks. It is insanely powerful.

These balance problems are why I have not played since the day after the release of OB64. This game is completely broken now. I will be watching the patch updates carefully, hoping this game gets fixed, but my expectations are low because Hi-Rez clearly doesn't listen to their customers.

AsphyxiaXT
12-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Makoa's new card resets the cooldown of hook if a hooked target dies in 4 seconds. The game has been lowering the TTK, so getting killed after a hook is almost certain (unless you are a tank, you might survive). This means a makoa with good aim nearly has unlimited hooks. It is insanely powerful.

These balance problems are why I have not played since the day after the release of OB64. This game is completely broken now. I will be watching the patch updates carefully, hoping this game gets fixed, but my expectations are low because Hi-Rez clearly doesn't listen to their customers.

I don't really have an issue with Makoa's new card. It requires a level of skill (being able to actually land your hooks) for it to be effective. A mediocre player is not going to be insanely strong with a card like this, but a mediocre player can be insanely strong with those cards I listed in the first post.

KupcaH
12-21-2017, 11:19 AM
I don't agree with Cassie legendary.
It was so over powered, 100 units is nothing. She was doing almost 900 damage even on close distance.
It was like having infinite extra damage from rolls. And it's still kinda op. You just spam left click and get almost 1k damage shots on everyone, that's not okay. They should nerf this new card even more, and buff her other legendary cards.

AsphyxiaXT
12-21-2017, 11:43 AM
I don't agree with Cassie legendary.
It was so over powered, 100 units is nothing. She was doing almost 900 damage even on close distance.
It was like having infinite extra damage from rolls. And it's still kinda op. You just spam left click and get almost 1k damage shots on everyone, that's not okay. They should nerf this new card even more, and buff her other legendary cards.

I'd like to see the roll legendary card reduce the cooldown of rolling by 2 seconds for Cassie also, but I don't see that happening lol. When they killed her rolling ability, they took her out of even being viable lol. She is a much better close/mid range damage because she has a bit of travel time on her shots. My reason for changing it back to 100 is that she will hardly ever land hits at 150 or further because of the travel time of the arrows.

Kalgor87
12-21-2017, 11:57 AM
I don't really have an issue with Makoa's new card. It requires a level of skill (being able to actually land your hooks) for it to be effective. A mediocre player is not going to be insanely strong with a card like this, but a mediocre player can be insanely strong with those cards I listed in the first post.

Really? I would say a mediocre player should be able to land most of his hooks just fine. I do not consider myself to be very high ranked, yet landing hooks is not typically an issue for anyone in my matches (nor is killing a hooked support, damage or flank, depending on the specific champions escapes). The hooks size is big and if you choose your moment to use it, you really wont miss unless you are in a desperate panic or you are going for a tricky shot. I've seen 5 hooks in a row to wipe out a full team one by one. If you change everything you said from "mediocre" to "terrible" then I can agree with your comment.

Besides, the game should not be focused on balancing for only the lowest level of players who cannot land a simple Makoa hook. Anyone average to above average aim with a Makoa hook shouldn't even consider the other Legendary Cards anymore

RonaId
12-21-2017, 12:14 PM
I agree those cards are so strong.

And about Kalgor, man makoa new card is ok, that is not op.