PDA

View Full Version : New loadouts and balancing

M3RC3N4RI0
12-18-2017, 06:28 PM
I made new loadouts for my champs with the new card system. It seems that some champs got hit harder than others by this. All cards are reduced to half their effect at lvl 4 (competitive lvl). So if the champ had a deck with two must-have-cards on lvl 4 and the rest filler they get hit hard.

Pip gets hit hard. He has two important cards (played as main heal). The self-heal card which gave him over 1440HP if he heals a team member, now just gives him 720. A half heal instead of a full heal. The card that reduced his heal cooldown for 2secs per ally hit, now gives just 1second. Heals output decreased.

Jenos is hit not that hard I think. Yes, he looses 1 second heal cooldown reduce, but he gains therefor 1 second more on heal duration. His self heal is reduced from 160 to 80 but he gets 16% lifedrain therefor. He simply didn't have enough points before to put those 4 cards to max before.

A champ with many good cards (but not enough points to max them all) is not weakened as much as one with just 2 good cards.

Buck looses 2 seconds of his heal cooldown, but he also can compensate partly I think. Since he gets 4 shots reload per heal now (over 2 seconds) by his deck he might almost never have to reload.

It will be interesting how the balance of the champions will change due to this new cards system. Jenos might become stronger, especially with his luminara legendary (compared to the other heals that is ^^).

P.S.
The new legendaries seem to be utter crap. Jenos 4th legendary reduces his DPS. Wtf???

LukitoxTJG
12-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Meh it broke some champs and other are op now... *quitting*

Tumor
12-18-2017, 07:31 PM
is it a new rant or it's just complicated stuff that I can't memorize?

Schroif
12-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Jenos is hit not that hard I think.

Wrong. Now he cannot compete with damba whos RMB cooldown doesn't depend on cards.
And my loadout was:
Relavitity IV
Retrograde IV
Astral Cycle II
Lightyears I
Sidereal I

So with the new system I actually gain nothing in return for crippled heal and self-sustain. I simply don't need to reveal enemies for 2 seconds while revealing them for 1 second was a good filler (especially against sha lin ults).

M3RC3N4RI0
12-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Wrong. Now he cannot compete with damba whos RMB cooldown doesn't depend on cards.
And my loadout was:
Relavitity IV
Retrograde IV
Astral Cycle II
Lightyears I
Sidereal I

So with the new system I actually gain nothing in return for crippled heal and self-sustain. I simply don't need to reveal enemies for 2 seconds while revealing them for 1 second was a good filler (especially against sha lin ults).Now that you say this. Since every card lvl 4 is now as effective as a card lvl 2 before, you now have only 10 points (5lvl 2 cards) instead of 12 you had before. So every deck is weaker in the new loadout system.

My deck was:
Relavitity IV
Retrograde IV
Penumbra II
Lightyears I
Solar Sails I

I basically have now Relavitity II instead of IV - only 80 self heal per seconds instead of 160.
Instead of Relavitity IV I get Relavitity II and Astral Cycle II so my heal output remains the same. I play Jenos quite aggressive, often with Luminara.

Mal'damba uses a card to reduce the cooldown when he missed his RMB heal and also a card which reduced the cooldown of the gourd. So his heal output is definitively reduced now. If he misses his RMB his cooldown is now twice as long than before!

Schroif
12-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Mal'damba used a card to reduce the cooldown when he missed his RMB heal and also a card which reduced the cooldown of the gourd. So his heal output is definitively reduced now. If he missed his RMB his cooldown is now twice as long than before!

The same goes for everyone: if Sha Lin misses his shot he cannot deal dmg, if Torvald misses his shield he cannot protect teammates etc. Don't miss and you'll get it.
And gourd suffered a little really because I had some loadouts for damba with this card on level 2 and it was perfectly fine since gourd is not the only source of healing for damba.

M3RC3N4RI0
12-19-2017, 08:06 AM
The same goes for everyone: if Sha Lin misses his shot he cannot deal dmg, if Torvald misses his shield he cannot protect teammates etc.Yes. But that was not the point. The point was if Damba or Jenos loose more due to the new loadout system.

And gourd suffered a little really because I had some loadouts for damba with this card on level 2 and it was perfectly fine since gourd is not the only source of healing for damba.Same here. If reducing the heal output is not necessarily negative this also goes for Jenos. Since the gourd is not just an area heal but also an area damage and thus cap denial I'd say the cooldown on this is/was Damba's best card.

The problem is, that I don't have the choice anymore if I design my deck for maximum heal output or maximum damage output. Or don't have to choose anymore. I (have to) put both in my deck.