PDA

View Full Version : Ranking experience is aweful

megaknarf
12-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Hi there,

at the moment I am now and then playing one or two ranked games in order to get ranked once finally.

My complaint is, that the ranking experience provided by the match making system is downright aweful. I keep getting matched with ranked players of different ranks into one team, I try to play what's needed and fit in, but most of the times the experience suffers either because of trolls, just down right toxic players and the usual "report this, report that" crybabies.

From their point of view somewhat understandable, if they always keep matched with an unranked person, but this is no real excuse for being an asshole nor makes it their behaviour any kind of more tolerable, the balance of those matches is just downright aweful.

At the moment it is really an unfun experience, and having to wait - what? - 8 minutes sometimes before a match starts isn't fun either.

So, please - narrow down the ELO bracket for the match maker and at least try to solve these problems. Thanks.

LukitoxTJG
12-05-2017, 05:41 PM
The ranked experience in one image
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/03/15/3FE30DF300000578-0-image-a-3_1493823139493.jpg

megaknarf
12-05-2017, 05:44 PM
I do agree.

Buttman200
12-06-2017, 03:16 AM
this is haw i see obt64 ranking card

this is ranking
https://pm1.narvii.com/6553/6b408e6a95ded9cf01a4b9da5d2ca7d1f89c8332_hq.jpg

this is not ranking
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/O-8zCpCnHJ0/hqdefault.jpg

M3RC3N4RI0
12-06-2017, 02:31 PM
From their point of view somewhat understandable, if they always keep matched with an unranked person, but this is no real excuse for being an asshole nor makes it their behaviour any kind of more tolerable, the balance of those matches is just downright aweful. This has nothing to do with you being unranked. If your team looses and/or they don't like how you play they will harass you. It's enough to take the "wrong" champion or the "wrong" legendary. "Retard" and "report" are the most used words in Paladins chat for sure, and since ignore is still broken...

Buttman200
12-07-2017, 06:17 AM
the ranking system sucks but but but the very old paladin got a ranking system also buuuuuut it level up on lvl 1 to 3 only when you level up on the battlefield not grinding the old system is good cause they got bigger map the new well suck cause the map are small so hi rez stab them self for released a fail system

Zio_Xeno
12-07-2017, 06:42 AM
the ranking system sucks but but but the very old paladin got a ranking system also buuuuuut it level up on lvl 1 to 3 only when you level up on the battlefield not grinding the old system is good cause they got bigger map the new well suck cause the map are small so hi rez stab them self for released a fail system

Is not the ranking system, the problem is matchmaking, i continue meeting guys that don't know how to play flank and they pick flank!
same thing with damage... Wtf... why would you pick buck if you will use a shotgun as a sniper on tanks! why would you take bk if you don't know how to use him and snipe from backline!

doctorsunday
12-07-2017, 07:35 AM
I had one match the other night where someone of a higher rank was in my group. He announced at the beginning "i'm trying something new, so apologies up front." He proceeded to get absolutely annihilated the entire match. Spent more time respawning than he did actually playing, it seemed. Needless to say, we lost. :(

Zio_Xeno
12-07-2017, 09:38 AM
I had one match the other night where someone of a higher rank was in my group. He announced at the beginning "i'm trying something new, so apologies up front." He proceeded to get absolutely annihilated the entire match. Spent more time respawning than he did actually playing, it seemed. Needless to say, we lost. :(

He was an idiot then, if you want to use something new... you play casual ^^"

M3RC3N4RI0
12-07-2017, 10:50 AM
He was an idiot then, if you want to use something new... you play casual ^^"Unfortunatelly you can't test everything in casual. Some things don't work if the other team has no tank but 3 flanks and 2 DDs.

HentaiGravity
12-07-2017, 11:30 AM
At the moment it is really an unfun experience, and having to wait - what? - 8 minutes sometimes before a match starts isn't fun either.

So, please - narrow down the ELO bracket for the match maker and at least try to solve these problems. Thanks.
You complain about the time needed to find a match, and then you ask them to narrow down the ELO bracket.

If you narrow down the ELO bracket, waiting times will be longer.
If you shorten the waiting time, the ELO bracket will get wider.
So which one do you want? You can't have both.

Also, the proper spelling is "awful".
Awesome.
Awful.

Zio_Xeno
12-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Unfortunatelly you can't test everything in casual. Some things don't work if the other team has no tank but 3 flanks and 2 DDs.

What did he try?

megaknarf
12-07-2017, 03:04 PM
If you narrow down the ELO bracket, waiting times will be longer.
If you shorten the waiting time, the ELO bracket will get wider.
So which one do you want? You can't have both.

Also, the proper spelling is "awful".
Awesome.
Awful.

Pardon me, but I thought this here was a forum for giving feedback about a game, not nitpicking on some typos because of boredom.

The Elo bracket needs to be smaller in the future in order to produce more balanced games, and when there are maybe some day more players in ranked this will be doable. All other things won't work.

Se3k3r
12-08-2017, 12:05 AM
they have threads on balance....i am like wait you guys honestly think that the game is balanced ?
thats a joke if i ever heard one.
but getting more to the point. You cant really grow as a player if the games are constantly unbalanced and rank is probably the most distorted one. You either win hard or lose hard. Where is the grow in that ? where is the fulfilling experience ?

Flufflings
12-08-2017, 02:47 AM
This is almost an impossible task that you are asking to finish. You can't really gauge a player's skill even with using their stats on previous games. It's just something that you really have to deal with. Or get some reliable friends to play with you. This is pretty much just like every other game.

Neravarine
12-08-2017, 02:55 AM
The rank system wont allow me to advance to a new division.
Every time I have a big streak, which means that I should have higher mmr and get with better ppl, and so it all works fine till I reach 97 TP.

Then I, diamond, get in with 1 plat 5 guy and 3 mid golds. And its not once, it has been happening for a month now. its all fine until a game b4 promote.