PDA

View Full Version : Card system too complicated you say? Well i've got a solution for you!

NKWiewior
12-03-2017, 10:28 PM
A big thing about our card system that was identified as an issue, was the complexity of it. Now we know this isn't an issue for you guys, you're the type of people on the forums, reading and discussing the game. But for someone who downloads the game and just wants to play and get into it, we've heard feedback saying that the card system was overwhelming and offputting to some.

So i'm probably gonna rage a bit out there but i'll try to keep it PG just for the sake of not getting this thread closed instantly.

1. If something is complicated, do a tutorial for it.

Seriously. It's not so hard to make a simple "?" button right above the "loadout" button to turn on a super-simple-and-noob-friendly-mega-fast-loadout-creation-tutorial-9000 (SSANFMFLCT9000) I can literally make a primitive tutorial screen right here on the forum:

THE MAGIC OF LOADOUT CREATION - TUTORIAL

1.Select a champion that you would like to create a loadout for.
2.Press "loadout" button.
3.(WARNING: READ THIS CAREFULLY OR YOU'LL GET LOST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESS!) Pick a slot that you wish to put a card in.
4.Click on a card that looks interesting to you.
5.Adjust the power of your card by clicking the "-" and "+" below the card up to 4 levels
6.Repeat 3 times. No less no more. Make the points have 12 "power levels" in total
7.Click "Save and exit".
8.You just made a new loadout.

See? It took me literally 10 minutes to write this "guide" i've spent more time formatting it.

2. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I can count people who were complaining about the loadout system on the forums on one hand. What does that mean? It means that the system is totally fine. I don't care if a bunch of reta... I mean really intelligent players that are very valueable teammates are complaining that this system is too hard to understand. We have internet for a reason. There's no need to "fix" something if it's ain't broken. Sure essence is a problem but it's not a matter of life and death for the game. If it'll stay then that's not the end of the world. If you want to remove it do it slow and make right decision.

3. If you REALLY want this broken thing to stay make a separate mode.

If you REALLY want this thing to stay then make the cards up to level 4 for casual AND competitive to make it consistent. Make a new mode for crazy-ass overtuned cards with levels 5 or higher.

4. Don't repeat the Battlefront's mistake.

Battlefront 2 got a big backslash when they introduced a similar system like this. If you'll do the same then don't expect to be praised and loved. You'll get burned by this... Badly.

Well that's all i have to say. I don't have super high expectations that my voice is even gonna matter for hi-rez but that's my 5 cents to the discussion about OB64

SirGontar
12-04-2017, 04:04 AM
+rep, but I think they will do it anyway...