PDA

View Full Version : How the hell is this a ranked system?

raducucosmin
12-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Many if not all of these were discussed before, not sure what community hi rez pretend they are listening to.

1. Players have access to ranked waaaaaaay too easy. I have now lost count of the matches where I had people on my team that clearly did noy understand their class, the concept of team balance, the game in general. Nor did they seem to care and too many can choose level 0 or 1 characters that can tip the balance of any match. That is an easy fix but the fact hi rez did not properly address it speaks volumes.

2. Balance matchmaking. Don't want to rant over this, i have dozens of screenshots of me - a gold, plus a silver and 3 qualifying players against a team of gold and platinums. Even when match is found after less than 2 minutes.
It's f'in ridiculous.

3. Points for personal performance. I am all for rewarding team play. But if I am mvp in my category which usually is support or frontline, meaning i am either handling the objective or healing, and at the end of a lost game I lose 12 points and when winning i get 10 points, something is seriously wrong

Genavelle
12-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Just wait until next week when aaallllllllll the Casual players come to ranked because Casual is going to become an unbalanced spamfest!

raducucosmin
12-02-2017, 01:14 PM
To be honest I have read through and processed what changes have come to pc and will come to consoles. For any decent player, not necessarily in terms of skill, but decent human beings, this game is close to unplayable already and will be unplayable as of the latest update.

I just felt the need to say the above 3 things because i just felt constricted holding them in.

Otherwise to me it seems this game is pretty much dead and not only dead but also burried.

And what's worse is that I feel like this is intentional.

JeronimoNk
12-02-2017, 02:35 PM
To be honest I have read through and processed what changes have come to pc and will come to consoles. For any decent player, not necessarily in terms of skill, but decent human beings, this game is close to unplayable already and will be unplayable as of the latest update.

I just felt the need to say the above 3 things because i just felt constricted holding them in.

Otherwise to me it seems this game is pretty much dead and not only dead but also burried.

And what's worse is that I feel like this is intentional.

Do not you alone think so. Such a patch can only be released by a company that wants to kill its project. Just do not understand why?

OffPHwnr
12-04-2017, 12:07 AM
Just get sweaty. I was placed in plat 5, now I'm in masters. Train hard and well and you can gain ranks. I feel u 100%, seeing as how i was placed with a damage seris, and many grohks (before the buffs) and pips. Try to play carry champs or heavily survivable tanks like torv and inara, though inara requires a good healer to stay alive. The BEST tip is to duo queue with someone you know who is good at the game. Having that 1 extra person that you KNOW is a beast will increase your chances of winning by a MILE.

NessOnett
12-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Person who just started playing 2 days ago complaining that people get into ranked too easily.

Same person doesn't understand how matchmaking works, why am I not surprised?

Rewarding MVPs REALLY discourages actually trying to win. Since the optimal strategy is rarely the one that gets you the most points. For example, a damage wouldn't want to get cauterize because that makes healing less effective. Damage who only care about damage want the enemy team to have as much healing as possible so they can keep DPSing the front lines. Actually getting kills is detrimental to their score.