PDA

View Full Version : From the get go, some cards that seem downright Overpowered and underpowered.

Eloxist
11-29-2017, 06:11 PM
OB 64 will be an interesting patch to say the least, with questionable, really good and alright changes.

One of the things that caught my attention was the addition of 1 legendary card for each character. (And some changes for other existing ones, even though not all of the cards appear in the patch notes)

So I'll be giving my opinion on which just seem over the top and which seem not good, again, this is said with NO TESTING so take it with a grain of salt.

Ash

Battering Ram
[Shoulder Bash] Gain 30/45/60/75/90% Damage Reduction while Channeling Shoulder Bash.
Value at rank 3 reduced from 90% to 60%.

Battering Ram is... dead. They could have given it its CC back.

Slug Shot
New
[Weapon] Your weapon shots travel 50% faster and further, deal 12.5/18.75/25/31.25/37.5% more damage, but no longer explode.

An... interesting card. But it will only make the weapon deal 550 damage. That is... not really good considering it will require quite a bit of aim to land.

Bomb King

Royal Subjects
New
[Weapon] Increase the explosion size of Sticky Bombs by 50/75/100/125/150%.

I don't like this. It will make his shots so easy to land and he already does a ton of damage.

Buck

Bucking Madness New Eliminations during Buck Wild resets its time counter. Charges 7.5/11.25/15/18.75/22.5% faster.

...This has the potential to be Broken as hell.

Evie

Snow Globe New [Ice Storm] Ice Storm now deals 50/75/100/125/150% more damage and costs 60% energy, but lasts only 2s.

Now, Evie just got a buff to wormhole (AN AMAZING ONE TOO, LIKE OMG) but this card... makes her ult worse? it only consumes 60% of ult charge but I don't think you will be able use it at 60% and it makes her ult do.. 800 damage, it would be somewhat good withouth the cast time but... kinda underwhelming honestly. However I'd need to really try this one to be sure.

Lex

Fought The Law New [In Pursuit] In Pursuit now deals 48/54/60/66/72% of the target's maximum health in damage over its duration.

............................................what is this.

Seriously, what is this? An Autoaim skill, that is capable of doing 72% OF A TARGETS HEALTH?! Just what? Lex already has 1600 DPS, this card would make him downright broken. (And more braindead!)

Lian

Death and Taxes New [Weapon] Your weapon shots reduce the effect of healing on your target by 30/45/60/75/90% for 1.5s.

Caut 3 from the start of the match, always and on all of her skills.

I think I only need to say that.

Makoa

Davey Jones Locker [Dredge Anchor] If your victim dies within 2/3/4/5/6s of being hit by Dredge Anchor the cooldown is reset.

Do I even need to say anything?

Pip

Legendary Cards Mischief New [Weapon] Hits with your Potion Launcher reduce the Cooldown of all other skills by 0.5/.75/1/1.25/1.5s.

This card is just bad. It serves no purpose and does not even fit his character that well.

A better effect for the name "Mischief" would be making the potion apply a 60% - 90% healing reduction on enemies that it hits, as well as healing... might be a terrible idea but just throwing it out there.

Sha-ling

Explosive Arrows New [Impaler Arrow] Impaler Arrow now explodes on contact for an additional 150/225/300/375/450 damage and knocks back all enemies in the radius, but can no longer stun.
Shifting Sands
[Planted] Killing an enemy resets the Cooldown of Planted and Planted deals 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% more damage.
Now also increases the damage of Planted.

Both of these cards are insane. A 1450 burst on a single skill? And Planted doing up to 920 damage per hit and resetting afterwards.

Torvald

Thanks, Grandpa New [Protection] Increase the duration of Protection by 1/1.5/2/2.5/3s. Protection grants CC Immunity.

This card is perfect, but I'm just putting it here so we can all appreciate how great of a name it has.

Tyra

Burn, Monster! New [Fire Bomb] Fire Bomb now Cripples enemies and deals 50/75/100/125/150% more damage.

That sounds overpowered as hell.

Like I know Tyra isn't all that strong, but making her have a stupid braindead skill that can kill most of the cast in seconds, including tanks is not the right way of buffing her.

And thats it really. I think all of the other ones are fine and very interesting (That NEW YING CARD THO) I kinda dislike how most of them just have a damage bonus slapped on top and the whole leveling system might be really bad (and even worse for new players) but we will see.

kingasce13
11-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Who the hell asked for that lex buff

Carswood55
11-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Pip get's a useless legendary while his healing potion is still bugged out. pip main struggles.

HentaiGravity
11-29-2017, 06:49 PM
I think Evie's new card might not be as bad as it seems. Usually you would drop it in the middle of a group of enemies, but with this legendary, I feel that you can use it more liberally to secure your own solo kills. I think that's the purpose. If you do get your kill(s) with it, it will probably be up most of the time because of the 60% cost, which means you will be able to ult all the time.

The 60% cost is the core of the legendary. The added damage is just icing on the cake.

Shogun08
11-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Tyra new L.card it's a desperate attempt to make her viable and push her into the meta lol.

Eloxist
11-29-2017, 07:06 PM
I think Evie's new card might not be as bad as it seems. Usually you would drop it in the middle of a group of enemies, but with this legendary, I feel that you can use it more liberally to secure your own solo kills. I think that's the purpose. If you do get your kill(s) with it, it will probably be up most of the time because of the 60% cost, which means you will be able to ult all the time.

The 60% cost is the core of the legendary. The added damage is just icing on the cake.

Pretty much. What I'm interested in seeing is if you can use it at 60% or can only use it at 100%.

I think that with Morale boost the build could work, but I just think the card is bad, especially because of the casting time on the skill.

kingasce13
11-29-2017, 07:44 PM
We should also mention how talus got an infinite range permanent reveal as a passive with his new LC.

GaoShun
11-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Some additional from me

- Barik
Legendary Cards
Hair Trigger
New
[Weapon] Blunderbuss fires 15/22.5/30/37.5/45% faster.

Semi auto Barik ? who asked for that

- Buck
Bucking Madness
New
Eliminations during Buck Wild resets its time counter. Charges 7.5/11.25/15/18.75/22.5% faster.

Elims not kill, so Buck literally can stay in Ult until he is dead or enemy are back in spawn

- Fernando
Launch
[Charge] Increase the distance of Charge by 10/20/30/40/50%.
Distance per rank reduced from 25% to 10%.

- You need lvl 5 (!) to be able to have the same effect as current lvl 2 (!!!) - this card is now USELESS unless you have lvl 5

Oh btw, look at all those add damage Legendary cards with PERCENTAGE ! it's literally a middle finger to the guys with the highest HP - yeah that's you Frontline mains !!

GaoShun
11-29-2017, 08:09 PM
-Seris

Legendary Cards
The Void Abides
New
[Restore Soul] Heal all allies within 50ft of your Restore Soul target for 25/37.5/50/62.5/75% of the healing value.

so she can do area heal now... lvl 3 is 50% x 2000 HP = 1000 HP/sec AoE heal -
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA even as a support main this is stupid

Benaful
11-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Pip get's a useless legendary while his healing potion is still bugged out. pip main struggles.

Useless? cant you see the potential *_*

DatJaneDoe
11-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Just realized, Jenos with level 5 of his legendary may make him the highest main-hand DPS in the ENTIRE GAME, unless I'm misinterpreting it and it actually reduces his fire rate to 0.4s which would be dumb.

At level 5, Star Splitter deals an extra 600 damage every 0.4s, which is an extra 1500 damage per second.

So combined with his 120 per 0.13s = 923 dps he will deal 2423 DPS

Then... get Jeno's Penumbra card to level 5 so he has 40% lifesteal and buy tier 3 Liferip to increase his lifesteal to 70%

Also throw Retrograde 5 in there for an extra 200hp/s, and Lorentz Config 5 for +10 ammo to fire more

Binary Star 5 + Prenumbra 5 + Life Rip 3 + Retrograde 5 = Deal 2423 damage per second while healing yourself 1896/s

If you don't feel the power of the cosmos you'll definitely feel it now.

But meh, other champions at will probably be just as powerful once you get a 25 point loadout. So it all works out unless you're new to the game. Then you get mowed down in under 1s by as support.

Another thought, Mending Spirits with the new legendary at level 5 is as powerful as Sniper Rifles across the DoT.

Due to it's unlimited range, you can shoot an enemy across the map and they take 210 damage for 5s which is 1050. Fortunately he can only do this every 3s but with Eerie Presence 5, he can shoot again in 0.5s if he misses.

Eloxist
11-29-2017, 08:43 PM
-Seris

Legendary Cards
The Void Abides
New
[Restore Soul] Heal all allies within 50ft of your Restore Soul target for 25/37.5/50/62.5/75% of the healing value.

I suggested a card similar to this.

It's not that bad considering caut will always be a thing, Seris needed something to be more on par with Jenos and Mal, she got it and its funny because those characters will probably have OP healing now.

GaoShun
11-29-2017, 08:50 PM
I suggested a card similar to this.

It's not that bad considering caut will always be a thing, Seris needed something to be more on par with Jenos and Mal, she got it and its funny because those characters will probably have OP healing now.

considering she is a sustained healer and if the other 4 members are clumped up together she will give 2000+1000+1000+1000 HP/sec and no one on balance team understand how is that not OP.

well, yeah good luck with that *Fernando voice*

PTLagger
11-29-2017, 09:02 PM
Just realized, Jenos with level 5 of his legendary may make him the highest main-hand DPS in the ENTIRE GAME, unless I'm misinterpreting it and it actually reduces his fire rate to 0.4s which would be dumb.

At level 5, Star Splitter deals an extra 600 damage every 0.4s, which is an extra 1500 damage per second.

So combined with his 120 per 0.13s = 923 dps he will deal 2423 DPS

Then... get Jeno's Penumbra card to level 5 so he has 40% lifesteal and buy tier 3 Liferip to increase his lifesteal to 70%

Also throw Retrograde 5 in there for an extra 200hp/s, and Lorentz Config 5 for +10 ammo to fire more

Binary Star 5 + Prenumbra 5 + Life Rip 3 + Retrograde 5 = Deal 2423 damage per second while healing yourself 1896/s

If you don't feel the power of the cosmos you'll definitely feel it now.

But meh, other champions at will probably be just as powerful once you get a 25 point loadout. So it all works out unless you're new to the game. Then you get mowed down in under 1s by as support.

Another thought, Mending Spirits with the new legendary at level 5 is as powerful as Sniper Rifles across the DoT.

Due to it's unlimited range, you can shoot an enemy across the map and they take 210 damage for 5s which is 1050. Fortunately he can only do this every 3s but with Eerie Presence 5, he can shoot again in 0.5s if he misses.

That Jenos's one is not like what you said. It means Rework your weapon to deal 600 (at max) every 0.4s, so 1500 DPS total

DatJaneDoe
11-29-2017, 09:27 PM
That Jenos's one is not like what you said. It means Rework your weapon to deal 600 (at max) every 0.4s, so 1500 DPS total

Well in that case... dafaq?

At level 1 and 2, Binary Stars reduces Jeno's DPS to 500 and 750 respectively, lower than default. Why would anyone use this? I guess it let's him reload less as it would take 3x for him to unload his clip.

At level 4 and 5 his DPS comparable to damage champions (1200 and 1500)

Normally the community will go insane over minor damage adjustments, like Andro going from 600 to 580 but this patch multiplies damage like it doesn't care.

rrichglitch
11-29-2017, 09:48 PM
OB 64 will be an interesting patch to say the least, with questionable, really good and alright changes.

One of the things that caught my attention was the addition of 1 legendary card for each character. (And some changes for other existing ones, even though not all of the cards appear in the patch notes)

So I'll be giving my opinion on which just seem over the top and which seem not good, again, this is said with NO TESTING so take it with a grain of salt.

Ash

Battering Ram
[Shoulder Bash] Gain 30/45/60/75/90% Damage Reduction while Channeling Shoulder Bash.
Value at rank 3 reduced from 90% to 60%.

Battering Ram is... dead. They could have given it its CC back.

Slug Shot
New
[Weapon] Your weapon shots travel 50% faster and further, deal 12.5/18.75/25/31.25/37.5% more damage, but no longer explode.

An... interesting card. But it will only make the weapon deal 550 damage. That is... not really good considering it will require quite a bit of aim to land.

Bomb King

Royal Subjects
New
[Weapon] Increase the explosion size of Sticky Bombs by 50/75/100/125/150%.

I don't like this. It will make his shots so easy to land and he already does a ton of damage.

Buck

Bucking Madness New Eliminations during Buck Wild resets its time counter. Charges 7.5/11.25/15/18.75/22.5% faster.

...This has the potential to be Broken as hell.

Evie

Snow Globe New [Ice Storm] Ice Storm now deals 50/75/100/125/150% more damage and costs 60% energy, but lasts only 2s.

Now, Evie just got a buff to wormhole (AN AMAZING ONE TOO, LIKE OMG) but this card... makes her ult worse? it only consumes 60% of ult charge but I don't think you will be able use it at 60% and it makes her ult do.. 800 damage, it would be somewhat good withouth the cast time but... kinda underwhelming honestly. However I'd need to really try this one to be sure.

Lex

Fought The Law New [In Pursuit] In Pursuit now deals 48/54/60/66/72% of the target's maximum health in damage over its duration.

............................................what is this.

Seriously, what is this? An Autoaim skill, that is capable of doing 72% OF A TARGETS HEALTH?! Just what? Lex already has 1600 DPS, this card would make him downright broken. (And more braindead!)

Lian

Death and Taxes New [Weapon] Your weapon shots reduce the effect of healing on your target by 30/45/60/75/90% for 1.5s.

Caut 3 from the start of the match, always and on all of her skills.

I think I only need to say that.

Makoa

Davey Jones Locker [Dredge Anchor] If your victim dies within 2/3/4/5/6s of being hit by Dredge Anchor the cooldown is reset.

Do I even need to say anything?

Pip

Legendary Cards Mischief New [Weapon] Hits with your Potion Launcher reduce the Cooldown of all other skills by 0.5/.75/1/1.25/1.5s.

This card is just bad. It serves no purpose and does not even fit his character that well.

A better effect for the name "Mischief" would be making the potion apply a 60% - 90% healing reduction on enemies that it hits, as well as healing... might be a terrible idea but just throwing it out there.

Sha-ling

Explosive Arrows New [Impaler Arrow] Impaler Arrow now explodes on contact for an additional 150/225/300/375/450 damage and knocks back all enemies in the radius, but can no longer stun.
Shifting Sands
[Planted] Killing an enemy resets the Cooldown of Planted and Planted deals 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% more damage.
Now also increases the damage of Planted.

Both of these cards are insane. A 1450 burst on a single skill? And Planted doing up to 920 damage per hit and resetting afterwards.

Torvald

Thanks, Grandpa New [Protection] Increase the duration of Protection by 1/1.5/2/2.5/3s. Protection grants CC Immunity.

This card is perfect, but I'm just putting it here so we can all appreciate how great of a name it has.

Tyra

Burn, Monster! New [Fire Bomb] Fire Bomb now Cripples enemies and deals 50/75/100/125/150% more damage.

That sounds overpowered as hell.

Like I know Tyra isn't all that strong, but making her have a stupid braindead skill that can kill most of the cast in seconds, including tanks is not the right way of buffing her.

And thats it really. I think all of the other ones are fine and very interesting (That NEW YING CARD THO) I kinda dislike how most of them just have a damage bonus slapped on top and the whole leveling system might be really bad (and even worse for new players) but we will see.

I 100% agree, hi rez fix this retarded shit, wtf were you even thinking? also ruckus's new card is OP

MagicFighter
11-29-2017, 09:49 PM
That is one.... potent Lex card...

That's erm, all I got really.

damshady
11-30-2017, 01:53 AM
i dont know what to think about lex card, i have to see how it works in gameplay, i usually use in pursuit to escape(due to the card that heals you 100 per shot) when im about to get killed, i dont think that the new card is gonna be a good card seriously if you dont have more damage you deal 400 per shot and by the time you use in pursuit im confident that you are dead xD some dmg champions deal a ton of damage (example bk) he can kills you in less than 3 seconds, idk i think that the card is gonna be useful in low skill games or very situational, the best card always is going to be discovery ;)
im more worried about that BK CARD that champ deal ton of damage now , i cant imagine how its gonna be with that card man op as fuck..

DaSpyChecker
11-30-2017, 01:58 AM
Pip

This card is just bad

How is it bad? 2 hits reduce the cooldown of mobility & healing by 2 seconds which is pretty good.

EpplZ
11-30-2017, 04:09 AM
How is it bad? 2 hits reduce the cooldown of mobility & healing by 2 seconds which is pretty good.

Its bad because it makes pip a fcin spammer now.. considering its not that hard to hit with pip.

Thanks for the cards effect eloxist, most of them are broken, and as many other said, I dont even care about the MM now, if this go live, I'm out for good this time and for two reasons :

1 : The balance is already questionable and this will bring another 6 monthes of tweaking in order to be half decent, almost every new legendary seems OP af and basically all it does is more damage hurr durr, I'm sick of it.

2 : The main one, I'm sick and tired to be taken for a fool by Hirez, I dont want to learn again a game that is in beta for 2 years and repeat this process every 4 to 6 monthes, they clearly have no clue at all and no roadmap for this game and it just destroys the playerbase and the purpose of playing countless hours to get better. They want to push ranked and esport but they make drastic changes every now and then... This paradox alone shows the amateurism we face as consumers, and enough is enough.

Lately I tryed to be more constructive, cut them some slack (not that they do care anyway) and throw in some ideas and discussion around the game for the greater good but clearly they only show childish behaviour with this crap. They reinvent the wheel every month and it only reveals a junior company with bad cashgrab practice, I think I'll jump into the OW bandwagon too, all in all it'll cost me less money than the infinite "we change currencies every 3 monthes and we lock everything more and more behind a grindwall" type of shitty cashgrab mecanism Paladins is going toward.

LookGooD
11-30-2017, 06:57 AM
This is not good. Another game that I was loving to play is straight up becoming p2w.

I don't even want to talk about balance changes, cuz there is no balance in this patch. Powercreeping is not balancing. My hopes will be dead for this game if this changes go live.

CatManDude
11-30-2017, 09:22 AM

It enables Pip to use his abilities more, sure. But the thing is, you're basically just playing Pip without a legendary, but slightly shorter cooldowns. If you actually play Pip without a legendary (VIA disconnecting), you'll realize how lackluster his kit is without any of the added benefits that Catalyst or Mega Potion will actually give. Cauterize will make any of his healing basically useless, and even at level 1 of cauterize, you have a much lower chance at being able to heal an ally. Additionally, you can slow your targets more, but that wouldn't enable you to have as much potential on chasing down an already retreating target to pick them off that Catalyst will give you.

WinterWolves13
11-30-2017, 10:08 AM
-Seris

Legendary Cards
The Void Abides
New

I saw this and thought that at it's lowest level it would make a great card, but if you get the top rank she will be so broken that it is not even funny. I mean if this stacks Bloodpact's effects that means you can make a serris that is unkilllable while she is healing.

GreenestLizard
11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Evie's new LC lets her use her ult at 60% and you can still charge your ultimate until it reaches 100%. If you use it at any point it only uses 60% and lets you keep the rest. It might actually become a bit spammy if you manage to use it at 100% and get 20% extra from kills while it lasts, but haven't tested it at full level to say if it's broken or not.

It is interesting however, like Ash, Inara and Fernando new cards, now they can be even more aggresive but less tanky. But agree with the OP, some of these cards are really really broken and either too overpower at last rank, or too weak for Ranked mode D:

Wallachia
11-30-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm in love with Zhin's new legendary.

Third attack wil go through all enemies and have I N F I N I T E range.

CatManDude
11-30-2017, 12:40 PM
I'm in love with Zhin's new legendary.

Third attack wil go through all enemies and have I N F I N I T E range.

I can already see people trying to snipe with this legendary, as people really like to snipe with flankers for whatever reason.

Wallachia
11-30-2017, 12:41 PM
I can already see people trying to snipe with this legendary, as people really like to snipe with flankers for whatever reason.

Because when a flank dies quickly the entire team gets on their asses for 'being useless', so flank players started to try to find safe ways to snipe their targets;

Eloxist
11-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Evie's new LC lets her use her ult at 60% and you can still charge your ultimate until it reaches 100%. If you use it at any point it only uses 60% and lets you keep the rest. It might actually become a bit spammy if you manage to use it at 100% and get 20% extra from kills while it lasts, but haven't tested it at full level to say if it's broken or not.

It is interesting however, like Ash, Inara and Fernando new cards, now they can be even more aggresive but less tanky. But agree with the OP, some of these cards are really really broken and either too overpower at last rank, or too weak for Ranked mode D:

Interesting, however its still terrible.

The fact that it makes the Ultimate last 2 seconds less its awful and defeats its purpose. It only does more damage at level 4 and 5 and its only a max of 800.

It can still miss, people can walk out of it, it has a cast time and it cripples and slows for less.

Really not good.

AlphariusOmeg
12-02-2017, 10:19 PM
On the note of the pip card, it can actually make him competent at healing, everything at level 3 with that card at level 3 could mean you consistently have a 1-2 second healing potion. When trying it on the PTS I was able to reduce the cooldown by 100%, it also goes for his other abilites as well. IT can be broken if used right.

landylan
12-04-2017, 11:23 AM
On the note of the pip card, it can actually make him competent at healing, everything at level 3 with that card at level 3 could mean you consistently have a 1-2 second healing potion. When trying it on the PTS I was able to reduce the cooldown by 100%, it also goes for his other abilites as well. IT can be broken if used right.
Yeah, but that healing potion is only half as effective as it would be with the legendary. If you're playing as a pure healer, you'll have chronos and Reload which make your heal a 4 second cool down to start with. It's not worth gimping your heal to sometimes take a second or two off the cool down. You can't always be in a position that allows you to go from healing to damage instantly anyways.

I feel like this card may be the best card for a flank pip though. Spam all your abilities constantly and get a faster reset for self healing.

Buttman200
12-04-2017, 05:57 PM
i cant play casual on PTS cause its broken pleas hi rez drop this rank card mechanic
the game supposed to be fair not unbalance on the start of the match