PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating game, isn't it?

Papaya
11-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Hi there !

I'll start by saying that I think this game has an important flaw regarding gameplay : it's too unprecise and casual.

Let me explain.

Most people compare this game to overwatch. Both are obviously based on the same genre, albeit quite different.

The main quality that Overwatch has and this game doesn't is the ability to show off skill. Sure, in Paladins you can go all in with your skills, play your cards and your champion well. But the way the game is designed (namely the huge maps and the team oriented objectives) is to show off global performance.
In Overwatch the maps have closed sections where you'll most likely be dueling an enemy. Here, there's almost no such thing. There's no reason and scarce possiblity to go 1 on 1. Yes you can flank the Cassie and have a showdown of aiming skills but it rarelly happens.

That plus the fact that your power levels up with cards makes the game quite random. I'm not saying you don't need skill to win, i'm saying you can have skill and still lose.
It can be frustrating to aim well and still die because the opponents' cards were better.
Your team can literally carry you and make you snowball with them, regardless of your ability to play the game well.

Olwe
11-20-2015, 10:40 AM
I agree... Aim is kinda weird for FPS player. Like there is no recoil even if you have a machine-gun?

There is some point that need to be better. I know that if casual game = more player = more money but when skilled player can't win an one on one, the skilled player will give up obviously and not because he is bad but because it's unfair to be able to win while rolling your head over the keyboard.

Myrana
11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Its supposed to be casual. The mode is called "Casual"
Hirez said in constructed there will be less to no randomness at all.

So i've had alot 1v1 in this game but i dont think youre supposed to 1v1. Its a team/objective based game. And a skilled player will always win the 1n1.

Olwe
11-20-2015, 10:54 AM
It's only the 5th day of the beta it's normal it feel this way anyway (and at least it's playable lol).
But no even with skill you can't always win a 1v1 because of the cards and the luck of enemies. (Pip + Fear always get me)

Lagministrator
11-20-2015, 07:46 PM
1v1 is more common with certain characters. Skye and Buck in particular are really good at forcing a player into a boxing match (one they normally win).

Seiov
11-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Pip too!

But to be fair if his weightless is down, he is a easy kill lol

Rhygarth
11-21-2015, 11:34 AM
Its the most frustrating multiplayer FPS i have ever played (and i have played alot)
How to fix it i dont know but atm I will be burned out on this after a few days of frustration, its all a bit to much pray and spray game and not much skill.

the point that you realy can't defend is realy anoying
you should have some advantage in your own base but in this game thats just not the case and that makes defending not a real option, you can try and defend but it just feels pointless

also whats the point in having Legendary cards when the game never last long enough to get any fun out of them ?

Rhygarth
11-21-2015, 03:11 PM
bloody forums dont even work right

edit my post twice and it has deleted it twice