PDA

View Full Version : Pip with good cards

Raburger
11-19-2015, 10:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oFQQcef.jpg

Squashman22
11-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Pips damage is too damn high.

I really want to see rupture, gravion and his master[something] cards disappearing or nerfed. Those cards together = pentas and quadras all over the place. I refuse to play him because I feel he is just too strong.

Reaper1122
11-20-2015, 12:55 AM
The bigger issue at play also as to why he seems so strong is he has a massive AOE and people aren't smart enough to assassinate pip, or get off the point as a blob. I am starting to see a ton of people throw games now because they are the equivalent of a guy who just screams the word objective and tries their hardest to get aoe'd to death by pip and shaman in a blob of 4 so they can get the objective counter to 30 then have enemy cap it fully.

Add this up with the fact pip needs virtually no aiming and he will be top for a lot of games with Grahk.

Barik is stronger by a lot you don't see them top damage often because of this. That and for some reason people refuse to use his turrets range which extends 1/2 way across the map.

Olwe
11-20-2015, 01:07 AM
The bigger issue at play also as to why he seems so strong is he has a massive AOE and people aren't smart enough to assassinate pip, or get off the point as a blob.

Yes but when you are nearby him to assassinate him, he jump like a frog and then rekt you with bombs. D:

Squashman22
11-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Yes but when you are nearby him to assassinate him, he jump like a frog and then rekt you with bombs. D:

Exactly this, how can I assassinate him when he can just jump all the way back to his base in two hops xD

Reaper1122
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Exactly this, how can I assassinate him when he can just jump all the way back to his base in two hops xD

For Skye just walk behind him and use poison darts. Hitting him a few times in the back pretty much always kills him especially with 1-2 proc cards. Cassie can pretty much two shot him later game with left click. If it doesn't kill them at least he has to run. Dwarf can just out firefight him if needed as much as he wants. Ruckus should probably kill him fairly easy but Ruckus is insanely strong currently. Especially with speed upgrades and healing jetpack. Bigger issue is no one seems to flank as pip normally is sitting all the way in back by himself.

Granted throw in a few misses though and pip probably will just turn around and kill the characters since he requires no aiming for the same damage as others. All non big damage characters pretty much just can't stop him from leaping away. Although I don't know why his escape goes so far compared to Cassies unupgraded.

Ashi
11-21-2015, 05:16 AM
For Pip, you need to aim for those directs brah.

Yeah, Pip is powerful, but the difference between a Good pip and the pip who wrecks everybody is the one who moved to hit directly for extra Damage.

NapkinnTV
11-21-2015, 09:57 AM

I figured I'd share my latest game with pip, these are not even with the greatest cards. I've been showing people on my stream how to choose cards to counter the other team and different play styles to adapt.

I am going to be releasing some youtube videos as well on how to do that.

skaterblue2
11-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Pip is not OP at all. If you focus him down he can't destroy everyone. This game is not as easy. All of the champs do the same amount of damage and take same amount of skill to play every champ. Lets not turn this game into how smite was when ever a new god come out. It is all based on the card system and how strong the cards are. the builds you have to make or use. this game has only been out for 4 days and you could not find a way to counter or fix your build up to play better. I believe they just need to nerf some of the cards or raise the CD(cool down) again cause I don't believe any of the champs are OP.

NapkinnTV
11-21-2015, 11:45 AM
i agree none of the champs are op, but if you focus your card build around what you're trying to accomplish and play smart than people are going to feel as if some champs are OP.. but really you're just being out played.

Dwarfurious
11-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Pip is not OP at all. If you focus him down he can't destroy everyone. This game is not as easy. All of the champs do the same amount of damage and take same amount of skill to play every champ.

When you need to focus down a specific champ to your team is destroyed, you know hes OP. Last statement is troll? Beta is beta, imbalance is expected, patches will come, as it has been with every game thats ever been made.

XANi
11-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Pips damage is too damn high.

I really want to see rupture, gravion and his master[something] cards disappearing or nerfed. Those cards together = pentas and quadras all over the place. I refuse to play him because I feel he is just too strong.

Actually playing him is actually pretty hard. I mean you have to have some good reflex to instalock him before other teammates /s

IMO the biggest problem with him is that for so high DPS he got too many ways to escape. He's not exactly squishy (more HP than cassie), have very nice CC, insane escape and does AoE damage on basic attack so even when jumping around it is easy to aim. And on top of that small and hard to hit model

Luzkaz
11-21-2015, 09:28 PM
89k damage pip.... please

Do 104k damage as Barik, that is a lot of damage

Raburger
11-21-2015, 10:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6okUXHJ.jpg

please nerf this guy so ill want to play someone else

Sasquatchias
11-22-2015, 03:01 AM
I honestly think Pip needs an Ammo System just like Skye to keep his Grenade Spam in check, along with maybe a longer cooldown on his Explosive Flask or Adhesive, even if they remove his Gravitation Card before then.

As it is now the range of his AoEs and Splash Damage is far too forgiving and lets him sit back and continually lob shots from the backline of his team.

And god help you if you are anyone but Skye because not only do you have to get through his teammates you'll also have to deal with Pip himself who has an AoE Slow along with a great escaping ability that out distances most others.

skaterblue2
11-23-2015, 01:56 AM
Dwarfurious did you even read what I said. I understand what you are trying to say but it does not take a whole team to focus him down. Read before you reply man. My next line is not trolling you have to have skill in this game or your not going to win or you have to be smart on how to play. I also stated a lot of the damage is based around the card system the card system is OP not the champ. I also do understand that it is in beta and there needs to be fixes but if you cant handle a pip or any other champ on your own its not the game. Its you.

Lets try to reason. Some people think that pip is OP, other don't. So lets figure out why he is OP give good reasoning and then come back to the forums and give what we have. A picture does not say a lot. Yes that is a good build but why is he so OP. What makes him do over 100K damage in one game and the others can't? Are the card too powerful? what is Wrong with him? We need to give specific answers or feedback besides saying "pip is OP fix him". Because the developers don't know ether that's why we are in beta to give them feedback on what needs to be fixed. So don't sit here and tell me that "it is beta, that imbalance is expected, patches will come". When no one is doing any thing about it or people don't say specific details of why champs, cards, gameplay is OP. So what is wrong with pip or any other champ in specific detail so when can talk about it?

Aerofluxx
11-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Hi,

first things first: all Screenshots posted are nothing what Pip really can do :-)
(We saw over 150k's here :-) )

But that's totally fine! I usually play Grohk or Cassie, and if you know how to play your own class against every other class you will be in a good shape everytime in this game.

It took's me to level 10 to find the classes i like, and know how to use them in different situations.

All the best on learning!
Aerofluxx

PS: Pip's DMG does only work against the right players - What means, you should not stand in a bulk of 5 players when Pip is arriving... Technically...you should never stand in a bulk of 5 players if ANYBODY is arriving :-) :-)