PDA

View Full Version : How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta

HiRezStew
11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Ten years ago, a bunch of lunatics with no game industry experience, led by our CEO Erez Goren, were crazy enough to start a game company. Our goal was always to build "games as a service" -- meaning games that were built from their core around the idea of being frequently updated and shaped by vibrant communities.

Paladins is now our fourth game we've created, the most successful being SMITE.

Over the last 10 years, we've had some massive failures and screw ups, but I like to think we have continually improved.

We were one of the first game developers in the Western (Non-Asian) market to attempt to build very high-quality Free-to-Play games. We've learned a lot, and now are at least smart enough to know how much more we still have to learn!

Because our history and company background is different, our approach to developing games and running betas may be different from what you have experienced with other developers.

In order to really understand what you are testing and how to help us shape the best game we can, I think it is important for our players to understand some of the principles that underly our game development. Without this, I fear people will pre-judge Paladins based on "what it is now" versus "what it will become with your help."

So here are some things I want you to know about how we build games:

Principle #1: Start public testing as early as you can, and let the community help shape the game's development.

Our goal is always to start closed beta testing as soon as we feel we have basic core gameplay and systems in place. We know a lot of things aren't finished or fully polished. But we want your feedback to help us shape where we take the game.

Principle #2: No game is ever done. Labels such as "Closed Beta", "Open Beta", "Released" are mostly artificial marketing milestones.

We will, of course, have big milestones around a Closed Beta (maybe even with multiple "phases"), as well as an Open Beta and a Launch. But really these are just partly artificial marketing milestones. Games are never done. We believe in frequently patching and improving.

Principle #3: Be open.

Streaming and video content creation is allowed from Day One. In some ways, this is dangerous for us, since it means that, years from now, when the game has evolved well beyond the point it is now -- this content will still be out there and may give people a false impression of the current state of the game. (I still cringe when I see some of the early SMITE videos). But, overall, the benefits of being open and transparent outweight the risks.

[NOTE: One reason we LOVE for people to stream our game during beta is that we watch the streams religously. Watching other people play our games gives us insight into what is and isn't working well that is hard to get any other way.]

Principle #4: Don't be afraid to try lots of crazy shit while you are beta.

We'll do some stuff and try some experiments in beta that will seem very stupid and crazy. And they just may be. Old-time testers of SMITE can probably relay some of the insane stuff we did during that beta.

But sometimes these experiments help us learn things about our game that are really important and inform future design. When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!

Principle #5: Initially worry most about gameplay and fun. We can improve the art quality and general polish later on.

There may be times when we introduce new features or champions or maps before their art quality is at a level that is ideal for us. That's because we want to make sure the gameplay is right before we apply tons of art resources in a direction that isn't working. As gameplay and fun solidify, we will come back around and make the art great.

Principle #6: Patch frequently, add new content constantly, learn from each patch.

I think this one is self-explanatory.

Principle #7: When you are doing #6, bugs and balance issues will happen.

We will move fast and patch frequently. It's hard to do that in a way that is bug free and perfectly balanced. During the beta phase especially, we prefer to move quick and fix quick -- versus delaying the learning experiences that we know we will get when people try the new things we are testing.

Principle #8: Use data and stats religously to mine insights on player behavior.

We will read the forums and the Reddit and the user surveys religiously and shape a lot of the game around the feedback we see. But, sometimes, people have issues or experiences in the game that they can't really verbalize correctly. Being very focused on mining the right data to see what is and isn't working is very important.

Principle #9: Let people play with their friends.

If you are in our beta and playing regularly, we will setup systems to make sure you can get your friends into the beta.

Principle #10: Make money, but do so in a fair way that respects your community.

We are extremely strong believers that Free to Play is a fantastic business model for gaming. But it needs to be done in a fair way that isn't "Pay to Win." That's harder to achieve than you may think, and bear with us as we balance the game around that philosophy. But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime.

Kruemel
11-15-2015, 01:59 PM
really hope its not pay to win ;) im so hyped ( can we talk about a release on mondy :P ? )

Haze84
11-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Great stuff! Love principle #3, 4, 9, and 10. Ok they are all great!

Magic_OLD
11-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Really looking forward to being part of a Hi Rez beta.

With over 3 thousand hours I was always annoyed that I missed out with Smite, as I joined the week after launch lol! Looking like the community is quiet at the moment so going to be great going in at a time where getting to know everyone and the game will be new and fun.

Polimon
11-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Loved the smite beta because it was open and easy to invite friends, which is one of the most important issues in other games. Also the NDA rules which doesn't let you see Gameplays or Streams which makes difficult to "spread" the game.

We'll see how the #10 argument works here as you need to buy cards, some cards are better than others so it's a really important feature.

Anyway I'm sure we will be able to get cards easily with "Favor" or I hope so.

Still, the cards are choosed randomly, a feature that helps to randomize everyone. This last feature may help to avoid that "pay to win" feature problem.

Harlequin
11-17-2015, 01:40 PM
I came here to say "good job".....

:cool:

I am done here :p:o

UltraMagnetic
11-20-2015, 02:51 AM
Thanks for posting this. If you are a new player to Hi-Rez games, welcome. I want you to know that your patience will be rewarded. There is plenty about Paladins I could criticize but because I know Hi-Rez is making it - I have nothing to say... I am just excited to see what is coming next. In the mean time I am memorizing the first 8 champions so I can one day tell folks that I remember when there was only Barik, Cassie, Pip...

Oh, and that Pip was originally Sun Wukong...

Slip
11-20-2015, 04:21 PM
My history with Hi-Rez in Tribes and Smite is the reason that I sprang for the Founder's pack on this game without having played it first. Much faith in you all!

NotSparta
11-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Even after I received a beta key from you guys, I still bought the Founders Pack because of you beliefs and my faith in that you will hold up you beliefs. You're the best, Hi-Rez!

EnceladusEX
11-21-2015, 05:25 PM
HiRez i love u!!!

Sabi
11-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Hello Hi Rez i don't know if you read this but if you are Awesome!

I have played a lot of FPS games recently since I have been looking for a new FPS to play since i stoped playing COD. I went through a Csgo phase then a Quake phase then to Overwatch phase where I got a job writing articles with my friend about Overwatch for TempoStorm. Though Overwatch did not keep my intrest. But i have played this game for three days and have still not fully analyzed each character and possivle builds to that character. This game is perfectly unique much like your other title SMITE(which me and a friend played religiously for the first year.). I love the way you are going with this game. I have been completely invested with it for the last three days. I even wrote about ten team compositions and fully explained them! It is surprising how much fun this game is. I can not wait to play this game on a high competitive level. I shall be the best Cassie in the world. I also look forward to seeing this game grow. If any sites or hi rez need a writer for character overviews or strategies contact me via twitter( @xxSabi_ ) or my email( avelyn.sabi@gmail.com ). If you need an example of my work look at TempoStorm.com and go to Overwatch. Any written by Sabi are mine and ones by Deibbido are by my friend who also is loving this game. Just message me or look for me at the top of the team. ;)

-Sabi

iSwear22cm
11-22-2015, 07:08 PM
<3 HiRez, present me my favourite button [Play again] plea?

KushForPrez
11-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Really looking forward to more heroes! :)

erti
11-24-2015, 09:58 PM
you kinda goofed with the chests, while getting them in game at a decent rate, buying them with real money is kinda pay to win in the same way hearthstone is. them getting better cards like all the legendary cards means the free players are at a disadvantage.

Kazemaho
11-25-2015, 03:17 AM
you kinda goofed with the chests, while getting them in game at a decent rate, buying them with real money is kinda pay to win in the same way hearthstone is. them getting better cards like all the legendary cards means the free players are at a disadvantage.

No you're not because everybody is getting one legendaries anyway. And you can easily get one or two via crafting when only playing the game.
Now you will have one per game anyway so it gives you more possibilitiesto have more but not more power.
Now we will be able to actually asses how long it takes to have cards in one or two months. Don't expect to have them all in 2 weeks...

iFantomeN
11-27-2015, 07:22 PM
This thread actually made my cheek-muscles twitch ever so softly and forced me to smile. I must say, this does not happen too often. GG well played my friends!

I do love this game so far, and im an older SMITE player. This feels very natural to play coming from Smite, but still with a bit of a twist to things. Looking good so far..

Gintamier
11-27-2015, 07:24 PM
HiRez I aplause you, This game looks already amazing and so smexy, and I have high hopes for this game.

I previously played SMITE, and then my mate gave me a Beta key for this one, and I am already in love with this game, it is so addicting!

Well done! Awesome game!.

RoundTwo
11-30-2015, 02:03 AM
I miss Global Agenda.

Mirousi
12-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Really good job so far guys, just one tip: If you want feedback from your active community, then let them give feedback through the game. DON'T make some poll on twitter, for anyone to vote on and make the results change the game. I saw this happen and was flabbergasted. Please, don't do that and let your ACTUAL playerbase/testers give true feedback.

IntensePorpoise
12-11-2015, 05:19 PM
I very much enjoy this game and have no problem throwing my money at you for your wonderful work. Having jumped in and spent money on chests so I can combine cards to make other cards etc etc. The only concern I have would be the varying state of the card collection. I combine cards bought with money, 5 to make a next level card, come back the next day to see the requirement lowered to 4 and the rarity of the cards I burned other cards for changing, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. It's very hard for me to determine the value of my purchase. I discount this because I want to help with the cost of development. At this very moment am about to buy more but it is still a concern.

Bedstone
12-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Well, both patches that concerned card rarity changes, I came out WELL ahead both times. I'm not sure what everybody else's experience has been like. I have only bought the founder's pack, everything else just from matches and gold.

Iphoites
12-18-2015, 05:26 PM
Personally, I have every faith in Hi-Rez. Short after Smite launched, I bought the god-pack because I loved the game and I still think it is the best purchase I've made in years, even though I'm not playing the game often nowadays. In my opinion it was a groundbreaking touch to MOBAs(and it probably has inspired all these shooter-mobas one way or another.) Looking back, it's more than easy to notice how Smite has improved. And although Paladins might look a little bland in its current state(well, it's closed beta...) or might seem to lack something, I firmly believe that in a very short while it will be a great game. Thanks for everything Hi-Rez, and keep up the good work! :D

CGXIX
12-19-2015, 02:48 PM
I wasn't a fan of smite, but I'm loving this.

Rampa
12-30-2015, 08:20 AM
So far you failed your Principle #10 ... It's clearly a pay to win :s
Right now it costs more than 100$ for a new comer to get just a couple of optimum build (for a couple of random champions)...

And if the card system stays the same it will become harder and harder to make a build as the number of champions & cards increase.

And what will happen to all the people that have bought/crafted as many card as they could when you will change your card system? (because it truly cannot stay this way)

It really looks like you are trying to get as much money as you can from your hardcore fan. Epic fail of your #10 principle

Namikaze
12-30-2015, 11:08 AM
So far you failed your Principle #10 ... It's clearly a pay to win :s
Right now it costs more than 100$ for a new comer to get just a couple of optimum build (for a couple of random champions)...

And if the card system stays the same it will become harder and harder to make a build as the number of champions & cards increase.

And what will happen to all the people that have bought/crafted as many card as they could when you will change your card system? (because it truly cannot stay this way)

It really looks like you are trying to get as much money as you can from your hardcore fan. Epic fail of your #10 principle

dude, the game isnt even out yet... its gonna be fine

EnceladusEX
12-30-2015, 11:13 AM
lol, i thing they dont expect to get even profit from this game.
so calm down. IM sure they will change things.

Zamboni
12-31-2015, 02:28 PM
I have absolutely no respect for HI-Rez after the way they handled Tribes: Ascend. Don't forget their history.

Rufos
01-11-2016, 11:49 AM
I have absolutely no respect for HI-Rez after the way they handled Tribes: Ascend. Don't forget their history.

Don't forget Global Agenda too... And they don't even care, after all the complains the players(that paid great money for the game) have made, they still don't care, they don't even answer! It's like the game didn't even exist in the first place. Same thing will happen to Paladins, sooner or later. Believe me. At least Hi-Rez should have the decency to shut it down and inform all who have played and paid for it. Just that simple gesture, but still silent.

Unbelivable
01-16-2016, 12:50 PM
A good quality post that gives a good impression about the company behind the games, keep it up and i'm sure Paladins will be very successful game :)

Kleenet
01-17-2016, 11:58 PM
The 100K founders tournament is a great idea, but way to soon. Can you imagine commentating a game it is current play pattern? The characters are quick, the mounts are great. 5 v 5 with a single objective? That will never work, it's simply too messy. Maybe a 2v2 version for broadcast, or add 3 drop points in game to give different focuses. the team controlling more gains defense and speed. In a team game you still need to have accountability especially for esports.

I don't get into BETA test much, so maybe the future release isn't set to play "like this". Many many more cards are needed along with 20+ additional characters. Keep the speed and enlarge the maps. Maybe test a sky element? an air support team member..? These are the very early stages of a great idea. TCG's are inherently slow, FPS's are inherently fast... 5v5 with 1 objective? That will fail very quickly as it will have no playablity for the younger and less "pro" players. I'm very interested to see where the game goes from here. I really hope to see physical pack cards that can be imported into game to improve ones character... Here's a crazy idea, maybe take away the "death/spawn" element, don't count time for position control, count damage given instead. this solves the balancing equation (as players leave mid game the damage requirements can auto adjust..).

I'll play more tomorrow and come back with a bunch of new crazy ideas :)

Kleenet
01-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Okay, I've played a couple more hours and opened 28 card packs. Here are the Beta concerns... I want to be any champion, not just the left overs of what other people didnt choose. I understand this could be a Beta only option to test characters, please dont release the game with this dilemma. Next, why have a time delay on respawn? Its like we are just putting things in game bc other games do it... this game is fast paced, let players play. I know it is an attempt to have players "play more cautious/better" howver a gate can be destoyed in 10 seconds, yet spaying is 15... that is harsh. Life bars, extend them drasically, i'm sure player across the board will agree, one hit kills are simply annoying. Paladins makes us group together, its like shooting fish in barrel. I really want to love this game, and help it grow.

Last thing i noticed.. The slackers unite. C'mon guys, teamates stop playing after the first "goal" goes to the oppentent. I don't know what you are going to do to fix this Hi-Rez, but if it isn't fixed the game will "flop". I'ts annoying when a gamer can mathmatically see the defeat before the match is even half over. More content needed asap, more champs, at least 5 weapons per character and special abilities, the cards should be weapons as well, not paragraphs of "what ifs". I hear it often that Hi-Rez is all about the gaming community, if so then make the game playable by all players, not just esport fanatics. Will login more this weekend, maybe a patch by then? You might want to think about a 1v1 system with minions, and the cards offer better equip and better minions. As I stated in my first post on this thread, the games current state is far far far from being esports ready. I know you understand the logic of capturing an audience, this current 11 patch certainly isnt esports playable (for entertaining viewing, the cards, even legendarys are simply not "cool"... Epic should be Epic, not just 20% health when steathed... honestly did that fire anyone up in the board room when mentioned?). One last thing, what is with the massage parlor music?!?! we are gaming, spruce it up immediately!

Always remeber, it's about ABACABB.

Grimfyre
01-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Okay, I've played a couple more hours and opened 28 card packs. Here are the Beta concerns... I want to be any champion, not just the left overs of what other people didnt choose. I understand this could be a Beta only option to test characters, please dont release the game with this dilemma. Next, why have a time delay on respawn? Its like we are just putting things in game bc other games do it... this game is fast paced, let players play. I know it is an attempt to have players "play more cautious/better" howver a gate can be destoyed in 10 seconds, yet spaying is 15... that is harsh. Life bars, extend them drasically, i'm sure player across the board will agree, one hit kills are simply annoying. Paladins makes us group together, its like shooting fish in barrel. I really want to love this game, and help it grow.

Last thing i noticed.. The slackers unite. C'mon guys, teamates stop playing after the first "goal" goes to the oppentent. I don't know what you are going to do to fix this Hi-Rez, but if it isn't fixed the game will "flop". I'ts annoying when a gamer can mathmatically see the defeat before the match is even half over. More content needed asap, more champs, at least 5 weapons per character and special abilities, the cards should be weapons as well, not paragraphs of "what ifs". I hear it often that Hi-Rez is all about the gaming community, if so then make the game playable by all players, not just esport fanatics. Will login more this weekend, maybe a patch by then? You might want to think about a 1v1 system with minions, and the cards offer better equip and better minions. As I stated in my first post on this thread, the games current state is far far far from being esports ready. I know you understand the logic of capturing an audience, this current 11 patch certainly isnt esports playable (for entertaining viewing, the cards, even legendarys are simply not "cool"... Epic should be Epic, not just 20% health when steathed... honestly did that fire anyone up in the board room when mentioned?). One last thing, what is with the massage parlor music?!?! we are gaming, spruce it up immediately!

Always remeber, it's about ABACABB.

I guarantee at launch you will still not be able to be the same character as someone else. It works just like it does in their other game SMITE. You just need to know what character you want and pick it first until they add some sort of Draft mode if they ever do.

As for the timed respawn....that is for balance. It would be no fun if people respawned instantly and just kept zerging the fight....

As for one hit kills... i just started today but i have never seen a one hit kill even if you press Y it will show you were hit 5-7 times at least.

As for the "slacker" thing... you will have that any game with objectives that are similar. Its certain players mentality.

"more content needed asap" .... this is beta lol there will be new content give it some time. And I haven't researched it but I highly doubt that characters will ever get Different Weapons... it is simply not needed. Each character has a weapon and a playstyle...

And the last point i will touch on is the 1v1 you suggest with minions.... I would not want computer players on my team no matter what. This isn't a MOBA. It is a FPS arena shooter similar to Team Fortress 2. While i would enjoy a FPS style MOBA instead....they have SMITE for the MOBA space.

Sounds to me like you want everything changed lol... I've had some major fun so far today playing and I've only tried 3 characters. I am also a long time SMITE player that played back during that Beta too. So far Hi-Rez has done great in my opinion and i cannot wait til Grover gets added and cannot wait for other additions and changes, like possibly character skins :D

Good Job so far Hi Rez, keep it up!

Bloodiarenn
02-14-2016, 11:54 AM
I want to say something about new patch and new systems. First of all i am really sorry about that but you made this game really terrible after patch.. New card system is sucks we dont want to play MOBA kind of games it is fast paced FPS/RPG kind of game... After new patch there are some inequalites between characters and cards because of those things lets discuss what we are expecting from beta and other changes. I really wonder are there anyone who is sharing same ideas with me?

kareltjeeee
03-29-2016, 07:08 AM
First time I ran into this thread, this is great! Allows me to understand changes being made a lot better!

Keep up the good job Hi-Rez, I'm looking forward to anything that's next! :D

Hildebrand
04-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Dear Hi-Rez, Hello Community,

Before everything else: I love this statement :o
Thank you, cause all this ragin bout it got on my nerves, its clearly early access, right? :rolleyes:

[VVGG] Good Game! (Hun Batz)

My last Feedback included: Actvies like in Smite... patch 20 ---> actives :cool:

And i must say Hi-Rez i really like your company, you love your job, the community and games themselves
Plus you do not take everything too serious ---> Derpules in Smite ...community listen his head isnt too small :p

So i will conlcude my greasy statement with:

It is ALL about FUN
[VVGL] Good Luck!
[VVGF] Have Fun!

P.S. Ironsmith Vulcan Barik <----> Vulcan Barik Skin :3

AlphaPT
04-07-2016, 09:00 PM
The game is going in the right way!!! I started as a free player...it is too enjoayable for a closed beta, the experience is sooooo smooth and promising that i decided to become a founder!
After match 20 things changed...now i dont own all androxus cards.... did my 20 chest got wasted alongside with gold used to craft?

keep it cool guys!

Xelluse
05-11-2016, 12:37 PM
It will be very hard to make MOBA game P2W.

DEM0
05-15-2016, 03:34 AM
Hi. Well i think the game really sucks. I have bought it since founders packs came. Haven't played for a long time and came back yesterday. And what can i say.. it is eve worse than it was few month ago.. First of all nto you can't pick cards and you have to buy them. Ok it is not so bad.. but you must buy them every time when you die??? what nonsense is that..? By the way when i bought the game i got 20 chests. Not everything have changed and i got only 5 chests and i don't have any cards just the basic ones that everyone got. So where are my chests and cards that i owned??? Ok enough about that. New mod is fun, i like it. But what happened to balance..??? it is sooo damn unbalanced.. What happened to Ruckus shooting sound? it socks so hard.. it was a lot better.. I have no idea how developers starts creating a game, sell founders pack but still have no idea what direction they are going to go.. Started with 8 champions now have 14.. So few champions, few maps, no balance, constantly changing cads and card system (also now i don't have cards and didn't get my 20 chests) and the game is getting even worse.. I have been a long time since beta but it is not getting anywhere it is broken and still so early beta.. So really? That's how you are going to start the game? Played in overwatch beta. it is 10 times better.. I want to get my money back and buy overwatch instead..
Also forgot to mention. The maps are super boring.. Developers, play some overwatch and copy some maps.. your maps sucks so damn hard..

dylroc
05-20-2016, 10:07 AM
hiRez for me you have been created so far grates games and paladins is one of them i hope you will keep doing new exciting content a i almost forgot try to add that all the heroes have a punch button please

FirefoxMetzger
06-07-2016, 04:16 AM
Without this, I fear people will pre-judge Paladins based on "what it is now" versus "what it will become with your help."

Principle #2: No game is ever done. Labels such as "Closed Beta", "Open Beta", "Released" are mostly artificial marketing milestones.

Okay? So we are not allowed to pre-judge Paladins because it still has a 'Beta' status? But in the same post we are told that the different Software states are just 'artificial marketing milestones'? Thus making them obsolete for anything, but getting the hype train going?
I mean I enjoy this game and even bought a founder pack, because the idea is worthy of support, but wtf?

I am new to is Hi-Rez Studios. To me this post seems like a preamtive excuse and the devs beeing uncertain about their creation.
So could someone explain to me how I should take this?

And can somebody tell me if the developers actually listend to the community, I can't seem to find any posts besides responses to 'I've been scammed' or 'paladin sucks' (which it does not imo :) ), that show developers interest in what we folks have to say. Maybe somebody can help me with this, too?

JustJacque
06-07-2016, 04:18 AM
Okay? So we are not allowed to pre-judge Paladins because it still has a 'Beta' status? But in the same post we are told that the different Software states are just 'artificial marketing milestones'? Thus making them obsolete for anything, but getting the hype train going?
I mean I enjoy this game and even bought a founder pack, because the idea is worthy of support, but wtf?

I am new to is Hi-Rez Studios. To me this post seems like a preamtive excuse and the devs beeing uncertain about their creation.

And can somebody tell me if the developers actually listend to the community, I can't seem to find any posts besides responses to 'I've been scammed' or 'paladin sucks' (which it does not imo :) ), that show developers interest in what we folks have to say. Maybe somebody can help me with this, too?

If you watch patch notes you can hear their justifications for the changes that are happening, quite often its because of community feedback.

CeLiBree
06-07-2016, 08:31 AM
And can somebody tell me if the developers actually listend to the community, I can't seem to find any posts besides responses to 'I've been scammed' or 'paladin sucks' (which it does not imo ), that show developers interest in what we folks have to say. Maybe somebody can help me with this, too?

if u want to buy gems or the founder, please, dont do it, wait until this game go F2P. The devs dont listen the community, only want scam you.

HiRezKaostic
06-07-2016, 08:36 AM

Hi Firefox,

To answer your question - the terms of "Closed Beta" etc. aren't obsolete. What we mean by #2 is that we are constantly developing the game and, once "Released" we do not stop developing our games. They're evolving products. The beta-stages are purely from a marketing perspective and to set up expectations of users. During a beta, users expect large amount of change while in a "Released" state, there will be less core-system changes and more improvements upon said core-system.

Yes, we listen and respond often to the Community at large and on a one-to-one basis. Unfortunately there will always be users who will feel like they have been scammed, and we can only do our best to lay out why that's not the case.

xSaiBOT
06-28-2016, 12:44 PM
this thread is going to inspire a lot of young (and old) entrepreneurship, that's for sure. !gg team

EisenUlf
07-13-2016, 01:10 AM
Hi-Rez You rock :D

Fizzeq
08-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Best F2P game in my eyes.

Darkfire47
09-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Then came Cb30.

Astramic
09-05-2016, 01:10 PM
i can help this game and i can support it because i like it i need some how to comMunicate with the game devvoloper and thanks :D :o

JustJacque
09-06-2016, 08:18 AM
If you watch patch notes you can hear their justifications for the changes that are happening, quite often its because of community feedback.

Two months ago today I was so full of hope and support for Hi-Rez. Now look at me, a bitter husk of a community member.

ZionPulse
09-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Two months ago today I was so full of hope and support for Hi-Rez. Now look at me, a bitter husk of a community member.

lawl no joke. a lot of the older members are leaving =( so sad

fieryred
09-06-2016, 11:21 AM
I don't care how you make your games, i don't care about the policies you implement. Do whatever you want as long as long as you can make it a good game.

KuroDWalker
09-27-2016, 11:21 AM
I just come here to say THIS IS AWESOME!

pruebahola
09-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Linux client please!

Zegmoosafax
09-29-2016, 06:55 AM
These are really great goals. I'm new to Hi Rez games but I am becoming a fan rather quickly. So far I am loving this game.

Ratshall
09-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Paladins is a great game.

Wyntyr
09-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Is there going to be a wipe at launch?

Vipdro
10-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Muy bueno, frenético, con algo de estrategia de grupo (como en todos estos :v).;)

Eso si como que si le falta es un poco mas de imaginación en el concepto de personajes y sus skins (todos iguales pero con colores distintos) xD.

lo espero con ansias cuando este terminado :P
(aunque igual lo juego para sus logros)

RainOFrags
10-10-2016, 12:55 PM
All i can say is that...

U will be the next Valve....No more lord Gaben...Its time for lord Erez.

P.S-No disrespect intended, i luv the stuff that u guys r doing! More heroes pls?

Zeraphine
10-11-2016, 02:24 PM
So many good principles - but why using a shitty launcher that breaks the game every now and then and requires an own windows service?

Avashork
10-15-2016, 02:54 PM
the game has a lot of potential, if they focus on the game, everything will be more than perfect

LrPolashBD
10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
i like HiRez

pwncakes
10-20-2016, 01:18 PM
i like HiRez

Well then you haven't played GA and Tribes Ascend.

Neowin
10-20-2016, 03:58 PM
And where is the Anti Cheat point of this expectation ? We don't need right ? Let them play with cheats, yes and do nothing about this ;)

LindBloom
10-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Reserved for future use :D

SuggvG
11-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Hi-Rez FTW this will be my 2nd Hi-Rez beta with smite being the first!

DHVideos
11-20-2016, 02:12 AM
And it's amazing how Hi-Rez got this far in the Paladins Beta. Good job, mates!

bL1nk94
11-29-2016, 12:10 PM
#5 is a blatant lie. Why is the matchmaking in both SMITE and Paladins so broken?

MarkedTarget
12-10-2016, 05:27 PM
#5 is a blatant lie. Why is the matchmaking in both SMITE and Paladins so broken?

I disagree. If you stop worrying on personal stats and start playing the game with intesity and love. You may just recieve this back in full.

Well done Hi-Rez love your smite. Love your Paladins. Am eagerly awaiting more community awareness and building to this game.

VaniaDelicia
12-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Please not pay to win. So your rating will increaseeeee

astroASMR
12-23-2016, 07:24 AM
no one cares about your markeitng hi-rez, to be successful you have to know balance, THAT's how you can get true fans. The fans that support you now are faceless fanboys that praise you but hypocritcally will b*tch about example a character out. say tyra (read the official paladins youtube comments) "duh another attack fighter no tank" etc etc

I want to be a loyal fan but you are buffing/nerfing the wrong characters and the gaming mechanics eg. forcing teamplay like a chess game yet are free to choose anyone they want makes for idiotic gameplay.

1. make your characters balanced, your game is like the FPS version of street fighter, there are top tier characters, tekken on the other hand. ANY character is lethal. On this say buck, has defence of a tank, hp of a tank, great damage, reloads fast, unlike previous gaming characters with shotties (eg. doom) he gets full damage even from afar. He can heal so if you find a dumb user who can't use him well he just heals and stays alive and undo your work then you get shot in the back. OR he runs away, which fyi the airdash can be used on people on high bridges like snipers, meaning there IS nowhere safe from him.

stun is too op remove it or have a long cooldown for it and it lasts only 1 second, all it does is give people free kills with it, also remove invincibility, adroxus can almost die by skye, then merely go in and out shoot to kill and rinse and repeat. (these are just a FEW examples)

2. your skins cost too much, why would you spend 150 gems if 50 more you can buy a full character?
3. why are skins so unimaginative?? its either ugly or simply a palette change. How about unique ones like a terminator skin for viktor? why no sexier alternatives for female characters?
4. your bonuses suck, you spend 200 gems just to get a few back? and worthless gold coins? how about say a chance to win super ultra rare cards?
5. think and care about everyday noob gamers, its not all about pro players who are always on point with their skills and have no life. Its the average gamer who plays games for its original purpose, have fun and be happy.

spartano117
12-29-2016, 07:44 PM
file:///C:/Users/julio/Videos/A2.jpg

My skin design for androxus

VirtuS2aRg
01-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Well played Hi-Rez. Keep the good work!

DDescallar
02-10-2017, 03:52 AM
Love it tnx so much for the updates

rtder
02-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Maevie is op nerf please.

Mikr0gramm
02-16-2017, 12:22 AM
MM i dont no

CaoCao777
02-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Expectations for Beta: expect to become a gambling addict! -HiRez

bananaK2
03-14-2017, 03:58 PM
que porra e essa que eu sou obrigando joga com as pessoa que trola poque se eu kita na selecao pq tem um troll tempo de 2:00 hora isso e inaceitavel palidins lixo

iBeaturMeat
03-15-2017, 11:56 PM
#9 I have more then 1 friend let me have a max party of 5 for comp tf

Energyc64
03-17-2017, 03:45 AM
#9 I have more then 1 friend let me have a max party of 5 for comp tf

I second this. I have a party of five and we just discovered we can't play ranked together. That's too sad.

Kargion
03-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Sounds good, but your forums for Paladins screams "We have never done forums before". Why is there not separate area's for PC/Xbox/PS4. You can't talk about an item in the forums or find items you need with out digging through wrong devices.

Mayahai
03-24-2017, 04:19 AM
Here is some love from the Netherlands,
amazing game! Great gameplay and absolutely NOT p2w!
Founderspack was one of the best 20€ spent!

Cellnine
04-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Ten years ago, a bunch of lunatics with no game industry experience, led by our CEO Erez Goren, were crazy enough to start a game company. Our goal was always to build "games as a service" -- meaning games that were built from their core around the idea of being frequently updated and shaped by vibrant communities.

Over the last 10 years, we've had some massive failures and screw ups, but I like to think we have continually improved.

We were one of the first game developers in the Western (Non-Asian) market to attempt to build very high-quality Free-to-Play games. We've learned a lot, and now are at least smart enough to know how much more we still have to learn!

Because our history and company background is different, our approach to developing games and running betas may be different from what you have experienced with other developers.

In order to really understand what you are testing and how to help us shape the best game we can, I think it is important for our players to understand some of the principles that underly our game development. Without this, I fear people will pre-judge Paladins based on "what it is now" versus "what it will become with your help."

Principle #1: Start public testing as early as you can, and let the community help shape the game's development.

Our goal is always to start closed beta testing as soon as we feel we have basic core gameplay and systems in place. We know a lot of things aren't finished or fully polished. But we want your feedback to help us shape where we take the game.

We will, of course, have big milestones around a Closed Beta (maybe even with multiple "phases"), as well as an Open Beta and a Launch. But really these are just partly artificial marketing milestones. Games are never done. We believe in frequently patching and improving.

Streaming and video content creation is allowed from Day One. In some ways, this is dangerous for us, since it means that, years from now, when the game has evolved well beyond the point it is now -- this content will still be out there and may give people a false impression of the current state of the game. (I still cringe when I see some of the early SMITE videos). But, overall, the benefits of being open and transparent outweight the risks.

[NOTE: One reason we LOVE for people to stream our game during beta is that we watch the streams religously. Watching other people play our games gives us insight into what is and isn't working well that is hard to get any other way.]

We'll do some stuff and try some experiments in beta that will seem very stupid and crazy. And they just may be. Old-time testers of SMITE can probably relay some of the insane stuff we did during that beta.

But sometimes these experiments help us learn things about our game that are really important and inform future design. When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!

Principle #5: Initially worry most about gameplay and fun. We can improve the art quality and general polish later on.

There may be times when we introduce new features or champions or maps before their art quality is at a level that is ideal for us. That's because we want to make sure the gameplay is right before we apply tons of art resources in a direction that isn't working. As gameplay and fun solidify, we will come back around and make the art great.

Principle #6: Patch frequently, add new content constantly, learn from each patch.

We will move fast and patch frequently. It's hard to do that in a way that is bug free and perfectly balanced. During the beta phase especially, we prefer to move quick and fix quick -- versus delaying the learning experiences that we know we will get when people try the new things we are testing.

Principle #8: Use data and stats religously to mine insights on player behavior.

We will read the forums and the Reddit and the user surveys religiously and shape a lot of the game around the feedback we see. But, sometimes, people have issues or experiences in the game that they can't really verbalize correctly. Being very focused on mining the right data to see what is and isn't working is very important.

If you are in our beta and playing regularly, we will setup systems to make sure you can get your friends into the beta.

Principle #10: Make money, but do so in a fair way that respects your community.

We are extremely strong believers that Free to Play is a fantastic business model for gaming. But it needs to be done in a fair way that isn't "Pay to Win." That's harder to achieve than you may think, and bear with us as we balance the game around that philosophy. But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime.

What a joke. You guys claim to care about the community but its a line of garbage. If you cared about your communities you wouldn't "Screw up" like you have and admitted as you should. You guys killed Tribes dead with bone headed moves and once again did NOT listen to the community including championship teams which was just about the dumbest thing you guys have done.

Don't let this game go like Tribes with your arrogance and ignorance. Listen to your players.

HyperionSniper
05-27-2017, 04:32 PM
What a joke. You guys claim to care about the community but its a line of garbage. If you cared about your communities you wouldn't "Screw up" like you have and admitted as you should. You guys killed Tribes dead with bone headed moves and once again did NOT listen to the community including championship teams which was just about the dumbest thing you guys have done.

Don't let this game go like Tribes with your arrogance and ignorance. Listen to your players.
lmao do you ever try new things? you sound sheltered af and have no knowledge at all of what it is like to be a company with millions of followers(especially since most of them are idiots like *cough* you *cough*)

planetcaravan
06-11-2017, 12:39 PM
I usually called Paladins the bad ripoff of certain game but now I love this game like I loved Smite even when they release so many mad patchs and I really like that even when they aren't a very big company of games they bet always for free to play that try to be fair for everyone, they bring new ideas to esports, they make games with an eye of the future and the present of gaming.

I dont need to talk bad about the game that is their rival, probably they did a very fun one too, but that prehistoric company I think that never will care about their community like Hi-Rez....Why? Because they already paid for the game, no comeback, guys.

I really hope that paladins become their greatest and biggest game some day, this month I will buy the founders pack instead of another similar game because I really love see how the game is growing so fast to better and better and I'm sure that I will be proud tomorrow of participating on the beta.

BeachCherry
06-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Just thrown an easy win cause Seris :http://paladins.guru/censor/match/pVv kept saying that his pathetic pre-made carried us.

So on 3-3 i let them "carry" & they couldn't even get 1% on point.

Hopefully they got the msg, don't piss off someone who win the game for you, especially if you are pre-made & Willo use DH plus the shitty +100 dmg legendary. :)

Btw, is it me or choosing NA server is redirecting to BR/LA server?

Cenat
06-22-2017, 11:59 PM
nerf Drogoz

alphadragon2
06-23-2017, 04:04 AM
Nerf the payload :D

Anupam911
06-28-2017, 03:01 PM
dear Sir.
i have the questions in my mind
1. why theses patches are aporx 2gb every-time...
2. why we have to wait for so much time ...just get a match...
3. why we should buy those skins they are not given us any advances..

Archsider
07-11-2017, 04:25 PM
<3 <3
Awesome stuff
<3 <3

Blue4ox
07-12-2017, 11:19 PM
What are the chances of this being...1:more game modes and 2:P2W

I really hope it wont become P2W

KusiKissa
08-02-2017, 06:08 AM
We listen to community. Sure

SolarPhantom
08-05-2017, 12:53 PM
We listen to community. Sure

Expectations dont always become a reality

MrMrocznyKefir
09-02-2017, 12:23 PM
really hope its not pay to win ;) im so hyped ( can we talk about a release on mondy :P ? )

Paladins would never go on pay to win. Unlike alot of games for example : Trove

CarbonZee
09-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Good principles, it seems to me that the game is much more stable on Windows than on MacOS. Can we support MacOS better, please? :)

malferix1
09-30-2017, 05:00 AM
Je n'y arrive pas

BoomYin
11-23-2017, 03:59 PM
When is vivian going to get a change? I can't enjoy the game anymore because there is a vivian every round i join. Her dps is insane and the fact that her skills lower her speed changes nothing because she has access to a shield. Not only that but an ult that lasts forever? That is ridiculous

AliceWest
11-23-2017, 04:13 PM
When is vivian going to get a change? I can't enjoy the game anymore because there is a vivian every round i join. Her dps is insane and the fact that her skills lower her speed changes nothing because she has access to a shield. Not only that but an ult that lasts forever? That is ridiculous

"Principle #4: Don't be afraid to try lots of crazy shit while you are beta."

like Vivian for example :rolleyes:

Medenji
12-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Seems to me like Principle #10 was goddamn lie.

cmsaunli
12-04-2017, 04:56 AM
Paladins would never go on pay to win. Unlike alot of games for example : Trove

OB64. 4 months is a lot of time to change.

M0J0E
12-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Cards Unbound is one of those ideas they should have been afraid of trying...

ArsenalXV
12-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Principle #1: Isn't that what the PTS is for? What good is the PTS if you release the patch with all its flaws into the wilds a week later? You're too focused on making Champions and cosmetics that you can't see that you are losing people who call this game home.

Principle #2: See Tribes. Ripperoni.

Principle #3: You are open. I love that about you, but you need to be open to us and our feedback. We know what kills a game community.

Principle #4: There is trying and there is full on forcusing. No one wants this new patch. I have no idea why you took something that was perfect and turned it into a burning trash pile. I have no idea why you thought this was a good idea. If it sounded crazy on paper, then maybe it should have stayed as an idea.

Principle #5: Thank you, you are good at this.

Principle #6: You do patch frequently and you do add tons of content, but I don't think you are learning from each patch. numerous bugs, nerfs and buffs show that no one is listening to the community. Specially if it keeps happening over and over.

Principle #7: They will happen, and its to be expected, but you go back to #6 where you say you will learn from each patch. Will you learn anything from patch 64?

Principle #8: I'm still waiting on this one. What players are you getting YOUR insight from? Not the commoners that like to play this game for fun and not for money.

Principle #9: This is your best trait and I love you for it.

Principle #10: Not after this patch you won't. Like Smite, you earn most of your money by making cosmetics or special game modes for people to play/use. This are not happened in Paladins, not the game modes anyways. Cosmetics are nice to have but when you give the same 4 champions new skins every patch and forget that you have a ton others, you limit your own income. Also, asking someone to spend 300 Crystals on a chest that has 30 times in it for a slim chance to get a skin is silly.

You fear that people will judge Paladins on what it is now. With all the heat you brought on yourselves with this insanely idiotic patch, you will be judged. I just hope this game doesn't go the same course as Tribes did.

Lord_Ilpalazzo
12-04-2017, 04:51 PM

You're destroying Paladins with #9 and #10

No way I can get friends to play with Cards Unbound. Heck even I don't want to play with that horrible system. And it's going straight into a pay 2 win setup that literally kills games. Hi-Rez follow your own principles.

Even your #1 Rule says "Trust your fans and your data"

#DeleteOB64

JUICE1512
12-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Just test the patch release ob64 and wait.if that becomes a issue they will change it.We are the beta tester's.let them learn through our interests.

I love paladins a lot waiting for whats lurking in the coming patch (good/bad).i am happy:cool:

AsphyxiaXT
12-05-2017, 10:10 AM
You've broken a lot of your principles in OB64. Hopefully my explanations below helps HiRez understand their errors.

Breaking Principle #1 pretty bad considering there is a petition with over 5700 signatures right now asking for cards unbound to NOT be implemented in to the game. https://www.change.org/p/hi-rez-do-not-introduce-the-cards-unbound-system

Breaking Principle #3 because you're not really communicating or interacting with the players of the game on the issues we've been expressing since the OB64 announcement.

I suppose you're right on with Principle #4 - because Cards Unbound is certainly trying some crazy shit that screws your entire player base and NO ONE WANTS IT.

Breaking Principle #5 because you're taking the fun out of the game and destroying the balance with OB64's cards system and "quick play" system.

Breaking Principle #9 because as I am Diamond, I can no longer play with my friends that are below Platinum in competitive, and when OB64 drops, I won't be able to play with them at all because they can't afford to level cards and neither can I for quick play.

Breaking Principle #10 because it doesn't seem to be making money in a fair way to throw a new card system at us that requires us to spend money to be able to play the "quick play" fairly since whoever spends more money will have higher level cards and an advantage in the game. It really reminds me of MMOs where people can drop cash on epic gear and dominate anyone who doesn't have that gear.

So since you've broken 5 of your 10 Principles with OB64, maybe you should consider giving that petition a read and reading some of the posts your community has been making about the patch and STOP BEING COMMITTED TO A TERRIBLE CARD SYSTEM

PS: Fire whoever came up with the Cards Unbound idea.

cRikhard
12-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Starting with principle number one: That is awesome. Stay with it.

Number 2: The game is never done if developers always implement new mechanics with minimal testing resulting in hostile player experience with countless bugs. That is okay if developers would actually iron out the bugs and glitches before e.g. implementing a new mechanic. Perfect the current ones before implementing a new one. It draws parallels to an ADHD kid with a very short capacity of concentration. "Gets excited about something new, does not finish it, starts a new project and getting excited about it."

Number 3: Be open to the cancellation of Cards unbound. Balance the new legendaries and scrap the cards unbound as in the whole system. Openness meant the interactive discussion and relationship between the developers and the community. If we don't want a cake, stop giving us a low carb cake. Tweaks will not cut it.

Number 4: You've tried cards unbound in PTS. It failed miserably. Not a single person likes it. Here are the summarized reasons:
New players don't like it since it requires way more grinding than it's necessary. Casual is unbalanced since older casual players have a statistical advantage with more cards and higher leveled cards. => They will corrupt the rank mode, since it's more balanced, but has different basic rules then casual by having all cards set at level 3. The pressure of doing well will drag them down resulting in, experienced players getting frustrated by them and leaving new players a bad memory of ranked gaming.
Old players that actually have done the grind to get the existing cards will have to the grind again, but now the grind is exponentially more frustrating and long. In addition, Players who used actual money for the game has to cough up even more money suddenly "complete" the game.
=>EVERYBODY LOSES AND THIS GAME DIES

Number 5: It is fun as it is. Don't fix what is not broken. What actually isn't fun are the game-breaking bugs, but you know. "We can polish it later (never)". Top of all that the cards unbound is not a fun mechanic.

Number 6: What happened to learning part? What did you learn from the original essence system? Absolutely nothing. Stop being greedy and put the player base first.

Number 7: Oh really never noticed a bug............... It's great to acknowledge that. Props.

Number 8: Example 1 of thousands why the system is bad: spending hours and hours of opening chests to try to get a legendary or any card to level 5 and not succeeding in that. You use the data and yet still want to obliviously release the cards unbound.

Number 9: (Y)

Number 10: HAHAHAHA. You abandoned this principle, haven't you? With the feedback of not wanting the cards unbound and still decide to release in the next patch? Is that respect? No. In reason to get respected, one must first respect. With the stubbornness of still trying so hard with cards unbound, you've just lost all my respect.

#cancelcardsunbound

Sloxi
12-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Don't try to argue or something, I'm just writing my opinion on these:

1.)
I didn't try PTS yet but I like having it

2.)
If you continue with each patch like you are doing now, please leave it in Open Beta

3.)
That's okay

4.)
Yeah thank you for 'trying something special' was grinding 2 months or so for those crystals so i can buy a set for 400 crystals for champion I like, but when I finally purchase it, the next day THE SAME SET IS ON 25% or more on discount. Happened many times before even those discount were announced

5.)
Releasing 10 champions before even taking care of first patch problem is bad enough

6.)
Sorry, but sad to say..Looking by each patch, seems like you didn't learn much and you lose people more and more with each patch and in-game toxicity( this can't be helped much since each game has negative players, but could be easly more prevented with some kind of black list, black flag system to mark toxic players to prevent playing with them again), including myself

7.)
You rather focus on unbalanced champions and skins and not lags,bugs issues, server issues to make it playable first ( you can say you are focusing on such problems but it really cannot be seen like you doing something)

8.)
As for OB64 I see majority of people are against it. Even those 'pro paladins on youtube' are against it and we know how important their opinion is for you, Hi-Rez. But it's your game ,do whatever you like and you have all rights to shape your game the way you want. I know some people are always against some/new things in each patch, but if it's such a big community against something , it's probably time to think of this again. Card system we have atm is great, the only thing which was fun and simple yet fun to grind for, you can grind and not having to spend whole life on paladins to even grind for all cards.

9.)
I hope not alot people will start when OB64 will be implemented

10.)
Make money = yes,
In the way that respects your community = I don't see it really that way
If you'd maybe listen community more maybe, just MAYBE, this game would be more balanced. ( not for every little thing of course)

That's my opinion of these, maybe some are mixed up a bit, i didn't come here to argue or talking with facts, just stated how I see it my way, may be stupid, may be retarded or anything else. I stopped playing since last 2-3 patches cause it is going downhill with in-game respect, causal and competitive and also how the game is at the moment is not even enjoyable. I login from time to time to check what's new, to say hello to some friends but that's it. I really hate to see such great game slowly turning into a fallen one with unbalancing content. I enjoyed every bit of playing Paladins but I don't see a point to continue playing at this time, really hope you change onto better so I/others who quit, to return to play and make a revolution. Take care and good luck

Neravarine
12-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Something just came to me, when I saw that post about new Tribes game and the worst paladins patch in a same time.
If you are trying to milk then kill Paladins for a New game no1 should ever play any of your games ever again, coz that will mean that you do not care about making a good game with stable community, which Paladins is, but that you only care about trying to make a "NEW BIG THING" coz just remember that Paladins might have been that New BIG THING if OW was not released b4, but I hardly doubt that and here is why: Even if you had released Paladins b4 OW and it started big, one of the big companies would just make a similar game with better marketing and more polish, just remember that WoW was not the 1st mmo, and that BF/CoD were not the 1st shooters, and LoL was not the 1st MOBA, not even DOTA was.

You can not plan to make a New big thing, that just happens sometimes, if someone rly makes a good game that people love for some reason, trying to hit it big and killing a good games in order to do it is not very good way to make games. EA and only EA can survive being a company that is hated by every single community, just thing what would Blizzard be if it were to piss off millions of their fanboys.

ShadowKirby87
12-08-2017, 06:42 PM
I didn't know who hirez was until smite made it way on the consoles. Smite was my first, paladins is my second and last game I'll play from hirez on my PS4. Will not download anymore of their games in the future. They wanna kill paladins so they can work on that PUBG knockoff then so be it.

DanteAdam
12-09-2017, 03:07 AM
I didn't know who hirez was until smite made it way on the consoles. Smite was my first, paladins is my second and last game I'll play from hirez on my PS4. Will not download anymore of their games in the future. They wanna kill paladins so they can work on that PUBG knockoff then so be it.

same Hi-Rez just dont give a crap about the community. The new OB64 notes will make it even more grindy and they dont care at all.
What a bunch of hypocrites .

NaixSenpai
12-09-2017, 04:04 AM
when i look at #5 notes and this

its just dont fit DONT FIT

NaixSenpai
12-09-2017, 04:19 AM
why valve cant have new players too dota ? and why LOL can cuz Dota is too difficult to be master and LOL is more fun Maybe dota is free to play but u will spend money on it cuz game will turn you to do this (and dota wasnt free to play in past)
but LOL is more community and lesser toxic players this fact is same as OW and paladins :
OW is like dota and paladins is more like LOL maybe first year MOBA fans go for dota but in no time the LOL players rise so nice.
im sure paladins can have more players than OW.
but if you make game P2W, more unbalance, ignore forums and ... only thing happen is game dead.
why you make it P2W ? cuz have more money ? well the players who spend thousand of $ wont play this bugy unbound cards

Jakdaw
12-09-2017, 06:07 AM
...little did we know, we were beta testing for China.

GeSteYiam
12-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Hirez makes game so they can then ruin them. That's how they make games

GaoShun
12-09-2017, 07:10 PM
why you ruin your company brand name? thanks to SMITE and Paladins you were known as a good F2P gamemaker, that employs a fair payment system for their players.

Not now tho, you are no different than Asian P2W gamemakers

cRikhard
12-10-2017, 04:08 AM

This. Nuff said.

GrinchyIzzy
12-11-2017, 12:05 AM

Regarding these two. Due to recent events. I feel lied to. I lost my trust with this company. If you listed to the feedback, more than most of the community does not want this recent patch. I don't know the percentages. But I've only seen maybe a few people who were okay with it, versus the hundreds and hundreds of people that do not want it. The gameplay feedback forum section is filled with people disagreeing with Hi-rez. If you truly listened to our feedback, you wouldn't go through with this.

Regarding principle #10. I can see how you try to fairly make money, and that's okay. But the last sentence, "But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime." - - - This upcoming patch is completely broken in so many ways I can't even completely list them all. It's not even the cards unbound that completely breaks the game. The ratio of essence to gold? 1:1 ? How is it if we have 20,000 essence on patch ob63, and ob64 comes out, we get 20,000 gold. When you need almost 20 times the amount of gold you ever needed for essence. Running a few tests, I had to spend over 600,000 gold to fully max out 1 champion, who already previously owned all the cards. 600,000 GOLD. I don't have 600,000 essence lying around.

This upcoming patch is BEYOND broken. And I get it, you want to do this. But you're rushing it. And you're giving us the rushed version. If someone spends months upon months building a house, it's going to be a beautiful house. But if someone attempts to build a house without a few weeks, you wont be able to sleep in it.

What I'm trying to get at. If you truly care about the fans you currently have. Cancel this update, or extend it even longer. Fix the ratio between essence and gold. And please hi-rez don't make your fans leave.

OSHIRO03
12-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Para una beta o al terminar el juego pueden añadir que la imagen de campeon durante la partida cambia conforme de su skin

gracias por la atención :)

Benaful
12-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Regarding these two. Due to recent events. I feel lied to. I lost my trust with this company. If you listed to the feedback, more than most of the community does not want this recent patch. I don't know the percentages. But I've only seen maybe a few people who were okay with it, versus the hundreds and hundreds of people that do not want it. The gameplay feedback forum section is filled with people disagreeing with Hi-rez. If you truly listened to our feedback, you wouldn't go through with this.

Regarding principle #10. I can see how you try to fairly make money, and that's okay. But the last sentence, "But I think people that have been with us for a while know that we work hard to build fair systems for our players and hugely respect the experience of players that never pay us a dime." - - - This upcoming patch is completely broken in so many ways I can't even completely list them all. It's not even the cards unbound that completely breaks the game. The ratio of essence to gold? 1:1 ? How is it if we have 20,000 essence on patch ob63, and ob64 comes out, we get 20,000 gold. When you need almost 20 times the amount of gold you ever needed for essence. Running a few tests, I had to spend over 600,000 gold to fully max out 1 champion, who already previously owned all the cards. 600,000 GOLD. I don't have 600,000 essence lying around.

This upcoming patch is BEYOND broken. And I get it, you want to do this. But you're rushing it. And you're giving us the rushed version. If someone spends months upon months building a house, it's going to be a beautiful house. But if someone attempts to build a house without a few weeks, you wont be able to sleep in it.

What I'm trying to get at. If you truly care about the fans you currently have. Cancel this update, or extend it even longer. Fix the ratio between essence and gold. And please hi-rez don't make your fans leave.

They just added classic casual mode to, so fair casual is back :D

Note: read the News And Announcements Forum Section

Rayhuma
12-13-2017, 05:35 PM
They just added classic casual mode to, so fair casual is back :D

Note: read the News And Announcements Forum Section

not really, is still broken at the same way, fair is a word this system don't have at all, is quite far from it or from how fair is now ( and this one we have is not that balance either so immagine that)

PONTAKUN
12-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Buahaha many of you crying and saying "bye Paladins" but be honest: you guys will be the first to try out new OB64 anyway...

Just be patient and don't forget Principle 4 :p (If Hi-Rez got lost on their path tho, I guess they are aware players will make sure to run away sooner or later from any pay 2 win, exactly like what happened to EA and Battlefront microtransactions which eventually turned out to 3billion stock value loss aha ^^)

"Principle #4: Don't be afraid to try lots of crazy shit while you are beta.

But sometimes these experiments help us learn things about our game that are really important and inform future design. When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!"

marantzz
12-18-2017, 04:42 PM
"Principle #4: Don't be afraid to try lots of crazy shit while you are beta.

But sometimes these experiments help us learn things about our game that are really important and inform future design. When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!"

It's true that when you're in a beta you can experiment and try new things, and those things can end up with good or bad results, but maybe it's a bad idea to rush a new patch which many people find it horrible in many ways. I don't know how was the welcome to the other updates because I'm playing since ob63, but this one is causing a chaos.

"When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!" For the things I've read it feels like they updated paladins without "fixing" the problems people who played the pts reported. I don't really know why they rushed so much, I don't want to judge without being informed, but seeing how they're doing the things they're doing it's like they'll end up having the snowball effect, people will get angrier, there will be more bugs apart from the existing ones, and it will be harder to fix everything.

NaixSenpai
12-18-2017, 05:07 PM
u should say How Hi-Rez Kills Games, and Expectations for damn you community

hanFcap
12-20-2017, 11:11 AM
hmmm.... many points stated by HirezStew are not even fullfilled or getting ignored...

sad to see such "promises" getting thrown away!

Headstrikerx
12-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Hi Rez makes games for the chinese P2W market now, bright future!

Rayhuma
12-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Hi Rez makes games for the chinese P2W market now, bright future!

funny fact ( pretty sad) even the chinese don't like what hi rez is doing... immagine how bad the situation is XD

JeronimoNk
12-21-2017, 10:00 AM

We'll do some stuff and try some experiments in beta that will seem very stupid and crazy. And they just may be.
When we run a bad experiment, we will work hard to fix it up as quickly as we can!

We will read the forums and the Reddit and the user surveys religiously and shape a lot of the game around the feedback we see.

At least these principles you violated released patch OB64, and do not want to return to patch 63.
Do you think someone can respect a company that violated its own principles?

Headstrikerx
12-21-2017, 01:02 PM
funny fact ( pretty sad) even the chinese don't like what hi rez is doing... immagine how bad the situation is XD

I haven't really investigated how the Chinese players responded to this P2W madness. Do you have any sources you can post?

Veldrín
12-24-2017, 11:47 AM
I doubt that chinese players are that much different in that case. They don't want to get fooled as well.

EntrancedOptics
02-14-2018, 03:39 PM

I couldn't agree more.

ImBackSoufiane
05-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Hi-Rez keep up we all love u :D

Borvik
05-14-2018, 10:23 PM
Hi-Rez keep up we all love u :D

Great to see stuff like this on the forums :D

ChanstonKay
05-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Not trying to rain on the parade, but shouldn't this be removed or edited since Paladins is out of beta? could be wrong.

TheBedGamer
11-12-2018, 02:34 AM
This thread makes me feel nostalgic, please hi-rez, don't delete it

Kilyx
02-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Hi HiRezStew and Hi-Rez Team,

We felt in love with this game for the simple reason of your bold/sincere attempt to do a great game following this guidelines.
We (the community) knew that the game wasn’t perfect, but we doesn’t care, was enjoyable while last. We have defend this game over the Overwatch-Paladins clone controversy.
We have played by years without missing a single day.
We have support the game buying the Founder’s Pack, diamonds and skins because we believed that you deserved some kind of respect/support.
We forgot and forgiven you about the rumble of OB44 and the introduction of the new currency (essence).
BUT you have forgotten your own rules, you damaged your selves when OB64 was announced and more when at all light the community was by far against this patch and you continued pushing your agenda, the damage was DONE, no more trust, not more incentive to play a broken game that was one day our main game, after that you push your agenda again and launch Paladins Heroes of the Realm as a FULL POLISHED RELEASE of a buggy game and the BETA label was removed, various path later... 2.01 had risen as (TERMINUS, oh sorry no) the more imbalanced with bugs and glitches patch ever, and yet here we are, it is not like you don’t try to fix your mess time to time, Essence currency is gone, OB64 reverted; the Hunt; the Assembly of Champions but all this effort came too late in order to save a dying Game that has lost more than 15K base players in Steam the last 6 month and more than 25K from OB64 in 2017.
I have stop playing as the current state will continues to push content/skins over quality, and yes I know you have to make money from somewhere, but without a proper game and it player base you can’t get any profit.
What?? Are you now trying to do the right things, now you are fixing bugs, working in a better matchmaking system and bringing some kind of balance? Sorry but as I said you betray our trust on you, you damage your own image and I can’t tell by others but I will never buy/support your company again. Read your guideline again, and try to go to the bed and rest with your conscience in peace.
Note: there is much more that I could/want to say in a better way, explaining better myself but English is not my first language, sorry about that.