PDA

View Full Version : Card Concept

Bafometto
06-18-2017, 08:13 AM
We all know there are some cards that have cooldowns, and they cannot be used until that cooldown time is up. Now, not all players are clockworks, and it's kinda hard to tell when certain cards' effects are ready to use again, especially the ones with higher cooldowns.

I think it would be a good idea to show those cooldowns (with the card's art icon) in-game right above the ultimate and once the cooldown's up the icon disappears.

Multiple card cooldowns will be centered horizontally one next to the other above the ultimate.

CatManDude
06-19-2017, 02:30 PM
This would be really nice to know. Cause when I play Pip, it'll be very annoying when in a team fight, it's sometimes hard to know when the reload card will be ready to use again. This would be a good thing to be able to see so I don't accidentally make my potion have a 7-8 second cooldown.

EinMeister
06-20-2017, 03:27 AM
When you fight irl with someone you dont know when he is gonna punch you, right?

Bafometto
06-20-2017, 03:30 AM
When you fight irl with someone you dont know when he is gonna punch you, right?

what is this supposed to mean? how is this relevant to my suggestion?

EinMeister
06-20-2017, 03:34 AM
You cant fookin know when someone does something.
Thats reality

Bafometto
06-20-2017, 03:38 AM
You cant fookin know when someone does something.
Thats reality

Yes but how is this relevant to my suggestion?

Dubsick
07-05-2017, 09:50 AM
That's a great idea!

Rauyne
07-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes but how is this relevant to my suggestion?

He means it's a good idea. What he was trying to say is "If you know what is coming..you can plan accordingly..If you do not know what is coming, you can not"..It basically means if you know what you can do and can't do will change everything drastically.

BIoodyHand
07-13-2017, 06:24 AM
good idea, and i think its good to choose one of your ability to show cooldown number near to your crosshair.
just a little number to not confuse player, or sth like that.

Bafometto
07-15-2017, 03:29 PM
He means it's a good idea. What he was trying to say is "If you know what is coming..you can plan accordingly..If you do not know what is coming, you can not"..It basically means if you know what you can do and can't do will change everything drastically.

He said
When you fight irl with someone you dont know when he is gonna punch you, right? And it has nothing to do with my concept.

He assumed i wanted to implement a feature that allows me to read my opponents "to know when he punches me" (lol how would that be possible?). He didn't understand my concept so I wanted him to explain how his reply was relevant and laugh at him. He's also the only one who voted no, so he didn't mean that it's a good concept.
So I guess you've misunderstood what he was saying, but your reply made sense regardless and i agree with you on certain points.

Not being able to keep track of your own cards cooldowns makes the game harder, therefore skilled players who are able to do that can take advantage of it. However I don't think in a game like this you can keep track of the exact time when a card like survival will be up again, because it's 40 seconds. Even high level players like Kami stated this in one of his videos, it's just hard for anyone and distracting.

The lack of your own card's cooldowns display is like the lack of a feature to me. Yes, pro players will take advantage of it and make a difference but the concept is flawed. It's like playing without being able to see your own health bar. You can figure it out by calculating the amount of hits that you're taking and keeping in mind your max hp, that would reward skill players, right? Yes but it's a lack of feature from a game design perspective.

I can't know when my opponent is gonna punch me (that's reality, man up ;)) but can I at least know when I can punch my opponent?