PDA

View Full Version : What is the hardest Champion to play?

Pixiemix
11-15-2015, 02:50 AM
I've had a dabble at Paladins myself, and found personally that Cassie was the "hardest" to play in my opinion - but this is mainly due to having a high ping so not getting the direct shots off so easily.

Wondering what other people think the hardest champion to play is right now.

dekrumel
11-15-2015, 03:03 AM
i thinks its kinda skye: If you can handle her its easily. you need to get close to the enemy to stick the bomb :/

Veinq
11-15-2015, 03:45 AM
I played as Cassie at Gamescom and I personally didn't find it difficult, but I guess it's not really a way to tell which champion is the hardest to play because of the little experience everyone playing had with Paladins. I did have some trouble playing as Pip even though it was my first time playing the game. It was difficult to hit longer ranged shots so I really needed to fight in close to medium range.

dekrumel
11-15-2015, 03:53 AM
yay i forgot pip. Pip is like the champion you can do some crazy kills like killing someone behind walls with firing directly over the walls. I think pip is may the hardest because of its "vertical curve" autoattack but this makes him strong because he can shoot over walls / shields etc. we will see :P

Veinq
11-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Pip will definitely be good once you learn how to play him.

Magic_OLD
11-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Pip definitely comes across as the hardest purely based on his gun.

You will struggle to do well with Pip when you have a bad team compared to other characters I feel, going toe to toe with a Pip of even skill I feel like I would nearly always come out ahead. His damage doesn't seem insane enough to make up for the difficulty in confirming it. The objective control and heal denial is going to be where he shines, I just feel like you will need a good team that can babysit or gain that focus for you though.

Super early of course so I'm talking entirely out of my ass :D

Haze84
11-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Interesting read so far. Hope this thread gets more input with beta launch.

I played Pip at Twitchcon and chose mainly attack speed cards and I seemed to be taking people out everywhere. Close range, lobbing those jars of fire across the map, and the splash damage was great. Those cards with the attack speed ability was just crazy burst for 1v1.

I'll post how this changes when I get more play in, and maybe we can post the "easiest" champion too.

Polimon
11-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Ranged characters for sure, the game will require some good skills, even more than smite.

GOplay
11-16-2015, 04:38 PM
This game needs more presition than smite off course. Play as Pip is difficult too ,but I think that being a support champ it is more ,like Buck or Fernando.

Dwarfurious
11-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Pip? Difficulty? Its a slight lob, with a huge blast, it hardly even needs aimed. Both of his skills are massive AoE's of terrible destruction or affect. Classes like Pip usually have grenades that bounce rather than explode on impact, and take damage from their own weapons, pip has none of these drawbacks, nor ammo restrictions.
Buck is clearly the most difficult to play.

asukaibyakuya
11-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Pip? Difficulty? Its a slight lob, with a huge blast, it hardly even needs aimed. Both of his skills are massive AoE's of terrible destruction or affect. Classes like Pip usually have grenades that bounce rather than explode on impact, and take damage from their own weapons, pip has none of these drawbacks, nor ammo restrictions.
Buck is clearly the most difficult to play.

I agree. I'm don't have a lot of experience with shooters but I had no problem owning games as Pip but I failed miserably as Buck.

schadstoff_
11-19-2015, 10:57 AM
buck. hes like odin in smite :D

Sasquatchias
11-19-2015, 10:59 AM
buck. hes like odin in smite :D

And about half as effective. :D

Magical
11-19-2015, 11:37 AM
I don't think just because something is strong and easy to succeed with it is easy to play optimally..

How can anyone here argue that Buck is the hardest to play. He is only hard to do well with because he isn't very good in relation to others, mechanically he is very simple :P Actually hitting with shotgun is pretty easy compared to others, with his abilities all being easy fire and forget moves.

Gwynshep
11-19-2015, 12:28 PM
I would say in terms of positioning Cassie is probably up there because you need to abuse her range. Mechanically I think the non hold m1 champions are overal slightly harder.